xfocker

Monessen, PA

#41762 Nov 7, 2012
davidfrum ‏@davidfrum

This is not a reaffirmation of the status quo. This is a Republican thumping.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41763 Nov 7, 2012

“Our economy is recovering. A decade of war is ending. Our long campaign is now over. And whether I earned your vote or not, I have listened to you, and I have learned from you and you have made me a better president…Tonight, you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours.”

Washington wakes up to deja vu

Still, the election hardly amounted to a mandate for change.

Instead, it will be the same players gathered around the negotiating table — or refusing to negotiate — as the government tries to deal with a pending fiscal calamity that includes the expiration of the Bush tax cuts,

the end of Obama’s payroll tax cut,

a steep reduction in defense and domestic spending known in Washington-speak as “sequestration” and a debt that exceeds $16 trillion.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/834...

" It's deja vu all over again".

-Yogi Berra
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41764 Nov 7, 2012
Mitch McConnell's new vow: to deny President Obama a third term.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41765 Nov 7, 2012
7 Times In 2008 Obama Promised To Create 7 Million New Jobs

President Obama often comes under attacks from Republicans for his failure to deliver on promises of new jobs that he made as a candidate in 2008.

Democrats blame the economic crisis for reaching further than previously envisioned.

In these seven videos from 2008 the President promises that he will created seven million new jobs in green energy and construction.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/7-tim...

-Yogi Berra
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41766 Nov 7, 2012

“Our economy is recovering. A decade of war is ending. Our long campaign is now over. And whether I earned your vote or not, I have listened to you, and I have learned from you and you have made me a better president…Tonight, you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours.”

Washington wakes up to deja vu

Still, the election hardly amounted to a mandate for change.

Instead, it will be the same players gathered around the negotiating table — or refusing to negotiate — as the government tries to deal with a pending fiscal calamity that includes the expiration of the Bush tax cuts,

the end of Obama’s payroll tax cut,

a steep reduction in defense and domestic spending known in Washington-speak as “sequestration” and a debt that exceeds $16 trillion.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/834 ...

-Yogi Berra
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41767 Nov 7, 2012
R house
D senate

obummer?

gridlock

DEFINED

The inability of two opposing groups to accomplish any sort of remedy or compromise on a political issue because one side manages to prevent matters from moving forward.

Forward........another 4 years

Same fvcking mess obummer drones

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#41768 Nov 7, 2012
You keep that ignorance coming racist warrior tea bag. How is that working out, dumb ass?
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41769 Nov 7, 2012
Conservatives were at an information disadvantage because so many right-leaning outlets wasted time on stories the rest of America dismissed as nonsense. WorldNetDaily brought you birtherism. Forbes brought you Kenyan anti-colonialism. National Review obsessed about an imaginary rejection of American exceptionalism, misrepresenting an Obama quote in the process, and Andy McCarthy was interviewed widely about his theory that Obama, aka the Drone Warrior in Chief, allied himself with our Islamist enemies in a "Grand Jihad" against America. Seriously?

Conservatives were at a disadvantage because their information elites pandered in the most cynical, self-defeating ways, treating would-be candidates like Sarah Palin and Herman Cain as if they were plausible presidents rather than national jokes who'd lose worse than George McGovern.

How many months were wasted on them?

How many hours of Glenn Beck conspiracy theories did Fox News broadcast to its viewers? How many hours of transparently mindless Sean Hannity content is still broadcast daily? Why don't Americans trust Republicans on foreign policy as they once did? In part because conservatism hasn't grappled with the foreign-policy failures of George W. Bush. A conspiracy of silence surrounds the subject. Romney could neither run on the man's record nor repudiate it. The most damaging Romney gaffe of the campaign, where he talked about how the 47 percent of Americans who pay no income taxes are a lost cause for Republicans? Either he was unaware that many of those people are Republican voters, or was pandering to GOP donors who are misinformed. Either way, bad information within the conservative movement was to blame.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41771 Nov 7, 2012

LASER-LIKE FOCUS:

OBAMA‘S JOBS COUNCIL HASN’T MET IN SIX MONTHS

Hey, remember all those times we were told President Obama was focused like a laser (or something) on jobs?

Yeah, we remember that too.

Say, it must be awfully difficult to address the nation’s unemployment when, you know, your jobs council hasn’t met in six months.

Yes, you read that correctly:

the president‘s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness hasn’t met since January 17.

“Coming off the worst quarter of job-creation in two years, and with the worst jobs record of any president in modern history, it’s clear President Obama has failed to live up to his promises,” said Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

With unemployment at 8.2 percent (and real unemployment much worse than that), some may think it rather odd that the president can find time to do back-to-back-to-back-to-back fundraisers and play his 100th round of golf but not find time to meet with this jobs panel.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-obamas ...

“ONE LOVE...ONE HORSE”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#41772 Nov 7, 2012
Locally - One of the biggest surprises...9th district results.

Karen Ramsburg got 39% against Shuster's 64%

Impressive such neophyte could score so well against a well entrenched Republican.

I think thats better than DelGrosso did...

Kind of says...you could run ham sandwich on against Shuster and they would get 39%.
did-u-c-that

Greencastle, PA

#41773 Nov 7, 2012
If the President does what he says he is going to do in his speech last night and works across party lines, he may be able to get something accomplished in the next 4 years. If the House and Senate can work across party lines and compromise with each other, they may be able to get something accomplished in the next 4 years.
We the people need to put our political differences aside and work with each other, not put each other down. The fate of our country depends upon we the people working together to make our futures brighter, not just for us, but for our children and grandchildren. Why there has got to be such political divide is beyond me. We should all be in it for the betterment of our society. That means putting aside our differences and doing what is best for the country, not the party. Hopefully we can come together in 2016 and vote the next President in because of his commitment to the country and the values he holds, not because of the D or R next to his name.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#41774 Nov 7, 2012
Mitch McConnell already said he's not willing to work with Obama...McConnell stiff arms Obama, Senate Dems:

Published: Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM
WASHINGTON, Nov. 7 (UPI)-- Democrats held on to their thin majority in the U.S. Senate Tuesday, but Minority Leader Mitch McConnell indicated he wasn't ready to roll over.

While McConnell congratulated President Obama on his re-election, the Kentucky Republican was in no mood to concede any political ground, The (Louisville) Courier-Journal reported.

"The American people did two things: They gave President Obama a second chance to fix the problems that even he admits he failed to solve during his first four years in office, and they preserved Republican control of the House of Representatives," McConnell said in a statement.

"The voters have not endorsed the failures or excesses of the president's first term, they have simply given him more time to finish the job they asked him to do together with a Congress that restored balance to Washington after two years of one-party control.

"Now it's time for the president to propose solutions that actually have a chance of passing the Republican-controlled House of Representatives and a closely divided Senate, step up to the plate on the challenges of the moment, and deliver in a way that he did not in his first four years in office.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/11/07/McC...
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#41775 Nov 7, 2012
did-u-c-that wrote:
If the President does what he says he is going to do in his speech last night and works across party lines, he may be able to get something accomplished in the next 4 years. If the House and Senate can work across party lines and compromise with each other, they may be able to get something accomplished in the next 4 years.
We the people need to put our political differences aside and work with each other, not put each other down. The fate of our country depends upon we the people working together to make our futures brighter, not just for us, but for our children and grandchildren. Why there has got to be such political divide is beyond me. We should all be in it for the betterment of our society. That means putting aside our differences and doing what is best for the country, not the party. Hopefully we can come together in 2016 and vote the next President in because of his commitment to the country and the values he holds, not because of the D or R next to his name.
I agree completely. Obama has repeatedly demonstrated that he is willing to compromise and reach across the aisle to get things done. Perhaps you should contact your Republican legislators and urge them to do the same thing.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#41776 Nov 7, 2012
Ted?

Ted from Johnstown?

Where are you Ted?

LMAO! Just as I predicted - a no-show.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#41777 Nov 7, 2012
Not Blind wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the problem was the people that voted can't read or write. They just know the word democrat! I feel bad for the working class, their votes did not count!!!!!
PERSONS 25 YEARS OLD AND OVER WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR MORE
1. Massachusetts, 61% for Obama
2. Maryland, 61% for Obama
3. Colorado, 51% for Obama
4. Connecticut, 58% for Obama
5. New Jersey, 58% for Obama
6. Virginia, 51% for Obama
7. Vermont, 67% for Obama
8. New Hampshire, 52% for Obama
9. New York, 63% for Obama
10. Washington, 55% for Obama

Wow, look all those illiterate college graduates voting for Obama. All of the above states have 30% or more of their population with a bachelors degree.

Perhaps we should take a look at the states with the least number of college graduates?

41. Oklahoma, 67% for Romney
42. Tennessee, 59% for Romney
43. Indiana, 54% for Romney (you can have it back)
44. Alabama, 61% for Romney
45. Nevada, 52% for Obama
46. Louisiana, 59% for Romney
47. Kentucky, 61% for Romney
The following states have less than 20% of persons over 25 with a college degree:
48. Mississippi, 55% for Romney
49. Arkansas, 61% for Romney
50. West Virginia, 62% for Romney

Justify the election all you want - this repeated implication that Obama won because only dumb people voted for him is not supported by the facts, and it is quite the opposite.

Additional studies show a similar trend as the one above in rates such as literacy and income.

So my question to you: if Obama won because only dumb people vote for him, then why are all the "smart" states blue, and all the "dumb" states red?

Location hidden

#41778 Nov 7, 2012
xfocker

Monessen, PA

#41779 Nov 7, 2012
Now that we are going to tax everything in sight, I think we should put a bandwidth utilization tax on TaxNoMore blowhard bullshit cut and pastes.

Ever hear the saying - "pissing into the wind"
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41780 Nov 7, 2012
I agree completely.

Obama has repeatedly demonstrated that he is willing to compromise and reach across the aisle to get things done.

Perhaps you should contact your Republican legislators and urge them to do the same thing.

//////////

Obama's Jobs Bill Fails to Advance in Senate Despite White House Push

President Obama's $447 billion jobs bill failed to clear a procedural hurdle in the

Democratic-controlled Senate

Tuesday night despite a White House push that accelerated in the 11th hour.

The bill received 50 votes falling short of the necessary 60 to end debate.

Sens. Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Jon Tester of Montana were the only Democrats to vote against the bill.

Both of them are facing tough re-election campaigns next year.

Obama declared earlier Tuesday that the U.S. Senate faced a “moment of truth” when it voted on the bill, calling it "gut check time."

He later issued a statement accusing Republicans of obstruction.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/11/wh ...

//////////

Perhaps you should contact your Republican legislators and urge them to do the same thing.
ussurf

York, PA

#41781 Nov 7, 2012
Obama won, because he was the only candidate running for the presidency.You do not need a college degree to figure that out. 1 candidate = 1 choice

Location hidden

#41782 Nov 7, 2012
xfocker wrote:
Now that we are going to tax everything in sight, I think we should put a bandwidth utilization tax on TaxNoMore blowhard bullshit cut and pastes.
Ever hear the saying - "pissing into the wind"
So let me get this straight - TaxNoMore provides info taken from sources he finds with links and supporting arguments - and you say "we are going to tax everything in sight."

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to smell the blowhard bullshit there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 22 hr Oh well 5,575
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web