Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 1,929)

Showing posts 38,561 - 38,580 of51,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kimmy W

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Obama Appears to Have Momentum
Updated Nov. 4 , 2012

A new PPP poll released late yesterday has President Obama leading Mitt Romney 50% to 47% nationally. This is the first lead of 3 points either candidate has had for weeks. Obama led in all three days of the poll (Nov. 1-3). His approval rating is now positive (48% to 47%). A week ago PPP found him to be deep under water (44% to 52%) so this is a 9-point gain in a week for Obama.

Other recent national polls show it to be closer. Both the WaPo/ABC and Rasmussen national tracking polls released yesterday show the race to be tied at 48% apiece.

Thanks to the Supreme Court, Early Voting Is Still Taking Place in Ohio
Earlier this year, the Republican Secretary of State in Ohio, Jon Husted, decided to stop early voting on the weekend before the election (i.e., now) except for military families. The Democrats took him to court and ultimately the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that there was no basis in law to allow one group to have more voting time than everyone else. Yesterday large numbers of Ohioans voted but the real action is today, when Democrats have chartered buses to take voters directly from churches to polling places. Already 1.6 million people have voted in Ohio, which puts the state on track to top the 2008 early voting total, even though there are nine fewer voting days this year.

Early voting is important for the Democrats in Ohio because black voters, who favor Obama about 95% to 5%, used early voting at a rate 26 times that of white voters. This effect is due to the fact that many blacks have inflexible job schedules and can't take off time on Tuesdays to vote. A professional, like a lawyer, doctor, or architect, can reserve a few hours in advance on his or her election day agenda for voting, but a bus driver or nurse can't do that.
xfocker

Monessen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Breaking News Today!

Busted! Harry Reid was right. This will be big news tomorrow! Bloomberg news is 100% credible. This will probably be the final nail. If this is true (and Bloomberg wouldn't dare print it if it weren't)- Romney is toast!

Breaking: Romney Paid Zero Taxes From 1996 To 2009

Using a tax shelter called a CRUT (charitable remainder unitrust) that was held by the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Mitt Romney was able to pay zero taxes (legally) every single year from 1996 to 2009. Why did he stop in 2009? Because he would make public his 2010 tax return, that is why.

This tax loophole was killed by Congress in 1997. However those including Romney that were already using it were allowed to continue it. The way it works, is that Romney makes a "charitable" contribution to the Church of Latter Day Saints and it goes into a trust. Since the trust is held by the church, the money is tax deferred. Any capital gains, are non taxed because of the charities status. Like an annuity, the donor gets a charitable tax deduction and an stream of cash payments. When Romney dies, the church accepts full ownership..

Bloomsberg's attorneys estimate as the Romneys have received these payments, the money that will potentially be left for charity has declined from at least $750,000 in 2001 to $421,203 at the end of 2011.....

Romney has refused to answer any thing on this topic. His campaign puts out that it was all legal....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-29/romn...
Kimmy W

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Conservatives Are Seeing the Beginning of the End for Romney

One of the more popular conservative blogs is redstate.com . It is getting roughly the same traffic as this site (about a quarter of a million hits a day). The founder and chief cook and bottle washer, Erick Erickson, is way to the right of Rick Perry. During the run-up to the primaries he was wildly against Romney. On Nov. 8, 2011, he wrote an editorial that is definitely worth reading if you are interested in knowing what conservatives were thinking a year ago. In part, he wrote:

"Mitt Romney, on the other hand, is a man devoid of any principles other than getting himself elected. As much as the American public does not like Barack Obama, they loath a man so fueled with ambition that he will say or do anything to get himself elected. Mitt Romney is that man.

I've been reading the 200 pages of single spaced opposition research from the John McCain campaign on Mitt Romney. There is no issue I can find on which Mitt Romney has not taken both sides. He is neither liberal nor conservative. He is simply unprincipled."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. But during the past year, Erickson's hatred of Obama was so great that he yelled himself hoarse against Obama, for example on July 18, 2012: he wrote: "Barack Obama's administration is filled with the ignorance of America you get from liberal academics" It's been like that almost every day all year.

But yesterday something new appeared: "When I wake up on Wednesday morning, I'm still going to have my wife. I'm still going to have my kids. I'm still going to have my family. And I'm still going to have my God. So will you." Later in the piece he said: "I'm not going to think the end of the world is upon us if my side loses." From someone who hates Obama with a passion and has railed against him all year (to great cheering from the comments section), this doesn't seem like an announcement of imminent victory.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Hey all you teabaggers on Nov 7 th I can give you some free gov't cheese with that whine you will have '''''''HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! !

THE CLEAR CHOICE
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
OBAMA 02012!!!!!!
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

In a Washington Post interview, Republican strategist Karl Rove had his Mene mene tekel upharsin moment when he blamed Romney's loss on the storm, even before the results are known, when he said: "If you hadn't had the storm, there would have been more of a chance for the [Mitt] Romney campaign to talk about the deficit, the debt, the economy." He seems to have forgotten that Romney has been saying all those things for 2 years. Surely 3 more days didn't matter. What he meant was the storm gave Obama a Commander-in-Chief test and he passed.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Watch all the excuses come out now!!
WAHHHHHH!!!! WAHHHHH! WAHHHH!!!!
xfocker

Monessen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

And so he used the GD cult Mormon church to not pay any taxes at all. Ya know, the same people who think the earth is 6000 years old.

If this story holds - he's history.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

gshoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like they are trying to in ohio
/////////

After all, anyone's better than a rich Mormon at this point...”
Marlin Leach

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

two more years and Corbett is going to be on his way out, unless the new AG (Kane) has him indicted before that.
let's hope people turn out Tuesday and vote democrat in the state house and sate senate races and the democrats gain some substantial numbers, Corbett will be going through hell his last two years in office, just what he deserves.
It is pretty amazing that no one running on the republican side has had Corbett out campaigning with them, that speaks volumes.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

In February, the Congressional Budget Office published its latest report on the "estimated impact" of the stimulus.

Although it had originally estimated the stimulus would cost $787 billion, CBO now says it will cost $831 billion.

In the second quarter of 2012, CBO estimates, somewhere between 200,000 to 1.2 million people have jobs they otherwise would not have were it not for the stimulus.

Assuming, optimistically, that the number is 1.2 million, that means each of those jobs cost taxpayers $692,500.

As time goes on, the maximum number of jobs sustained by Obama's stimulus will decline rapidly.

By the first quarter of 2013, it will sustain between 100,000 and 600,000 jobs, says CBO.

If it is 600,000, each of those jobs will have cost taxpayers $1,385,000.

By the fourth quarter of 2013, the maximum number of jobs it sustains will be 400,000 — at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.

It is true that Obama entered office in the midst of a deep recession.

But, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, that recession ended in June 2009, almost three years ago.

— at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.

If this story holds - he's history.
Paul C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

I didnt see Romney make a trip up to NY or NJ to see the damage left by hurricane Sandy.OH! I forgot I did see him load up some bottled water for the flood victims, probably the heaviest thing he had to lift besides his portfolio

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

General, have you forgotten how bush stole the election in Florida with the aide of his right wing supreme court? Or how Ohio went down in bush reelection? That stuff must be fine with you, huh? I have yet to call you any thing your not representing so did bush ever win the popular vote? Do you believe in voter suppression?
Carl B

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Marlin Leach wrote:
two more years and Corbett is going to be on his way out, unless the new AG (Kane) has him indicted before that.
let's hope people turn out Tuesday and vote democrat in the state house and sate senate races and the democrats gain some substantial numbers, Corbett will be going through hell his last two years in office, just what he deserves.
It is pretty amazing that no one running on the republican side has had Corbett out campaigning with them, that speaks volumes.
Dems have Pa locked up.......Corbett should be in the same cell as Sandusky with a barrel of KY Jelly and some sand mixed in for deburring.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

"Keep Obama in da President ya know?

Yo, you got da free obama phone.

I'm Barack Hussein Øbama and I approve this message.
gshoes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
"Keep Obama in da President ya know?

Yo, you got da free obama phone.

I'm Barack Hussein Øbama and I approve this message.
Except bush started that program
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

I noticed FOX is no longer predicting a Romney win. They pulled all those articles down. Karl Rove wrote another article yesterday saying that Obama will win because of the storm. He is trying to save some face from his article last week when he guaranteed a Romney win. LMAO
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Carl B wrote:
<quoted text>Dems have Pa locked up.......Corbett should be in the same cell as Sandusky with a barrel of KY Jelly and some sand mixed in for deburring.
//////////

You can catch sexually transmitted diseases even if you use a condom.

Sorry to break it to you, but the skin of the vulva can still touch infectious skin of the scrotum -- and BAM! Warts.

Herpes.

Molluscum contagiosum.

Pubic lice.

So pick your partners carefully.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

gshoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Except bush started that program
Bush also started the auto bailout with 17 Billion..........look it up!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

"I will always protect a woman's right to make her own choices regarding her healthcare. Government has no business intruding on the personal decisions of women. Roe v Wade is the estblished law of the land and should stay that way. As president, I have no agenda that includes anything regarding abortion rights. However, if elected, I will fight to overturn Roe v Wade- Mitt Romney
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

“MODERATE MITT” HYPOCRACY—INDEED!
THE ADS Romney is running in the closing days of this campaign says it all: there is indeed no “moderate Mitt”—just like everything we already know about this man, it is a sham. Now he is playing up racist sentiments about welfare, and about the auto-industry—all patently false and discredited by the media. The extremist, wicked soul Mitt who wants to win with negatives and division and racism is back, you might begin to think that the KKK is contracted to run his campaign. This guy is a phony. Remember that during the recent Presidential debates, Romney tried to present himself as a moderate. He said he is a compromiser who was able to work with Democrats as Mass. Governor. Folks: Look at the action, NOT WORDS! Action tells you everything you need to know about a man. Romney couldn’t even see the value of Christie, a Republican Governor, working with the President to fix ravages of the storm. Another glaring case in point: Romney cut an ad, his only ad., for extremist candidate Mourdock of Indiana, a man who openly rejected the notion of compromise and specifically said he would NOT compromise with Democrats if elected. Romney says in his endorsement that this is the kind of person he would like to see in the Senate. That says it all. To add insult to injury, a day after receiving Romney’s ad. endorsement, Mourdock came up with his latest bombshell: that rape is God’s will. This is the man Romney is supporting? Romney still supports him and wouldn’t ask Mourdock to pull his endorsement ad. Amazing time in America! WHY are WOMEN or any moderate tolerating this sham of a candidate? It is even more insult for any one to call this man a “bishop” of any religion! Where is the moral restraint? Where is the moral core? Where is truthfulness and compassion for others. Romney is just a selfish individualist who thinks only about himself and his kind!!! And this guy wants to be President?
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Romney peaked about three weeks too soon

And even his peak was not enough to make him President.

This election is SO over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,561 - 38,580 of51,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr D Cheney 3,748
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 11 hr Pirates booty 5,357
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby h... (Jun '08) Jul 4 Local resident 54
Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jul 1 straw grasping teabaggers 372
Conewago Valley superintendent plans to retire ... Jun 17 Petal Power 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for York County was issued at July 14 at 3:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs