Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 1,925)

Showing posts 38,481 - 38,500 of51,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

MSNBC's Alex Wagner: Mitt Romney Has "Castrated" Paul Ryan

Ryan was chosen ostensibly because he was going to be the policy guy and we were going to have this big, fundamental debate about the issues that matter.

In the week that we've seen with Ryan as the VP, Mitt Romney has sort of castrated him in the way that he can no longer talk about any specific policy, because as we know, Mitt Romney's plank is to not say anything substantive about anything at all, including what he bought at the hardware store. Like, he won't say he bought a hammer and a bucket.
Reverend Irreverent

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

I want send a big thanks and shout-out to the poster 'Close it down' for first instigating this wild sh*t-storm of a topic two years ago.

Wherever you are, I hope you're smiling down on this thread.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Women could play deciding role in 2012 election
A recent Pew poll shows President Obama is 25 points ahead of Mitt Romney among single women voters. With issues like reproductive health and equal pay on the line, could this group be the deciding factor?

Romney certainly ran a much better campaign this time around:(1) unlike his 2008 run at the Republican presidential contest, he didn't dump $10s of millions of his own money into this race, so -- as many of his supporters have noted -- Romney does learn from experience.(2) unlike in 2008 he stayed in the race to the end, thereby amassing a sizeable number of Marriott bonus points, which will allow him to stay for free for weeks and weeks at Marriott inns world-wide should have get wander lust again after visiting his three houses in rotation (and rotation, and rotation).
Ted Rogers

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Reverend Irreverent wrote:
I want send a big thanks and shout-out to the poster 'Close it down' for first instigating this wild sh*t-storm of a topic two years ago.
Wherever you are, I hope you're smiling down on this thread.
Now that's the first intellegent thing you've said...

This actually has potential

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
Hope you sleep well, wingnuts.
----------
Latest Swing State Polls
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states:
Colorado: Romney 47%, Obama 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Florida: Romney 51%, Obama 45%(Miami Herald/Mason-Dixon)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 47%(NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Florida: Obama 47%, Romney 47%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Iowa: Obama 47%, Romney 42%(Des Moines Register)
Iowa: Obama 47%, Romney 44%(Project New America)
Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 46%(Public Policy Polling)
New Hampshire: Obama 47%, Romney 47%(WMUR)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(We Ask America)
Ohio: Obama 51%, Romney 45%(NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Ohio: Obama 46%, Romney 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 45%(Project New America)
Pennsylvania: Obama 52%, Romney 46%(Public Policy Polling)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 48%(We Ask America)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Wisconsin: Obama 52%, Romney 45%(We Ask America)
Wisconsin: Obama 51%, Romney 48%(Public Policy Polling)
Wisconsin: Obama 48%, Romney 43%(Project New America)
----------
It just gets harder and harder to see how Romney can possibly get 270 electoral votes, doesn't it?
LMAO!
Keep those delusions alive Danny
Ted Rogers

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Women could play deciding role in 2012 election
A recent Pew poll shows President Obama is 25 points ahead of Mitt Romney among single women voters. With issues like reproductive health and equal pay on the line, could this group be the deciding factor?
Romney certainly ran a much better campaign this time around:(1) unlike his 2008 run at the Republican presidential contest, he didn't dump $10s of millions of his own money into this race, so -- as many of his supporters have noted -- Romney does learn from experience.(2) unlike in 2008 he stayed in the race to the end, thereby amassing a sizeable number of Marriott bonus points, which will allow him to stay for free for weeks and weeks at Marriott inns world-wide should have get wander lust again after visiting his three houses in rotation (and rotation, and rotation).
Wow, George Clooney in "Up in the Air"
About a dude whose job is flying around the country firing people. One of the elements of the movie is the race to get the Gold Key from one airlines for frequent flyer miles, etc.

Well. What an irony...
I hope Mitt acheives this goal of attaining the most Marriott points at the expense of Adelson and the Kock brothers.
I think Mitt just using those suckers to get the points.
Ted

Meyersdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Presidential candidate Barack Hussein Obama criticized President George W. Bush in 2008 for adding $4 trillion to the national debt. It was “unpatriotic” and “irresponsible” to saddle future generations with such a large national debt Obama said.

“The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents -- number 43 added $4 trillion dollars by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back --$30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic.”
--Barack Hussein Obama, July 3, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Barack Hussein Obama has since added 5 TRILLION dollars to the national debt in only four years.

Talk about irresponsible and unpatriotic.

Obama's clueless fiscal incompetence does the near-impossible by making Bush look like a genius.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Latest Presidential Election 2012 Polls: Obama Leads 19 of 22 New Polls Including in Swing States Virginia, Iowa and Colorado

Over 20 polls of voters in critical swing states were released on Friday and Saturday, and President Obama led Republican challenger Mitt Romney in all but three of them.

The lone outlier was a Tampa Bay Times/Miami Herald poll in Florida that showed Romney with a 6-point lead in Florida, the widest margin he has enjoyed in the state since the last TBT poll over three weeks ago.

But in every other swing state, Romney racked up loss after loss.

In Colorado, three polls averaged to a 2-point lead for Obama, up from a solid tie after the first presidential debate.

In Virginia, two polls average to a 2-point lead for Obama.

In Iowa, two polls average to a 3-point Obama lead.

Two polls in New Hampshire give Obama an average 3-point lead.

Besides the TBT poll in Florida, two other polls show Obama leading, though by less than Romney's lead in the first poll.

Obama leads in all the polls out of Michigan and Wisconsin, but the worst news for Romney comes from Ohio.

Four polls show Obama winning in the crucial swing state, with a fifth predicting a tie, but they average to a 3-point advantage for Obama.

While no polls came out of Nevada, Pennsylvania or North Carolina, those states' preferences are well-known. Nevada and Pennsylvania will go for Obama, while North Carolina will support Romney.

A few positive polls out of North Carolina could have helped Romney's average in Friday's avalanche of data, but the trend is undeniable.

In what looks like a best-case scenario for Romney, he could take Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and New Hampshire, but that still leaves him 18 electoral votes shy of securing the presidency

Read more at http://www.latinospost.com/articles/6403/2012...
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

The NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College survey of likely voters put Obama ahead of Romney in Ohio, 51 percent to 45 percent, and in Florida, 49 percent to 47 percent.

In Ohio, 52 percent of likely voters viewed Obama favorably and 45 percent viewed him unfavorably. Forty-eight percent viewed Romney unfavorably and 45 percent favorably. By 48 percent to 46 percent, they said Obama would do a better job than Romney in handling the economy.

The Battle for the Presidency... of Ohio?

Likely voters in Florida viewed Obama positively, 50 percent to 46 percent, as well as Romney, 48 percent to 45 percent. Forty-eight percent said Romney would do a better job handling the economy, compared with 46 percent that said Obama.

Three other surveys out this week also had Obama ahead in Ohio, a state without which a Republican has never won the presidency.

A CNN/ORC International survey out yesterday put Obama ahead of Romney, 50 percent to 47 percent, among likely voters in Ohio. Both candidates campaigned there yesterday.

Two surveys released Oct. 31 also found Obama ahead in the state. A CBS News/New York Times/Quinnipiac University poll had Obama leading, 50 percent to 45 percent, and the Ohio Poll by University of Cincinnati’s Institute for Policy Research gave Obama a two-point lead, 48 percent to 46 percent.

Ohio Support
Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion in Poughkeepsie, New York, said Obama’s numbers in Ohio match his support there from four years ago, when he carried the state.

An Obama victory in Ohio this time will make it easier for him and harder for Romney to get the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, Miringoff said.

LQQK HERE:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-02/o...
Reverend Irreverent

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Ted Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's the first intellegent thing you've said...
This actually has potential
What would eclipse my own flash of intelligence is you admitting your man is little better than his adversary. That all of the mud-slinging is a facade and that you ultimately act in the interest of the same masters, both bought and paid for by the interest you claim to be against.

He's maintained policies enacted by Bush that
invade freedom and privacy in the form of the
Patriot Act. Maintained the Bush tax cuts that give the wealthiest Americans a death grip hold on the middle class.

I have no faith in either candidate. And I don't recall seeing such a divisive election period wrought with so much vitriol and hostility; Senate and House seats have taken a backseat to what's amounted to a Cold Civil War between the presidential candidates. For a while I gave the left credit as being the more civil side, but I don't even subscribe to that charade anymore.

I hope 2016 gives a viable contender I can proudly vote for. This is easily the worst field in 30+ years. And everyone buying completely into the promises of one or another without question should feel shame.
Ted Rogers

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Reverend Irreverent wrote:
<quoted text>
What would eclipse my own flash of intelligence is you admitting your man is little better than his adversary. That all of the mud-slinging is a facade and that you ultimately act in the interest of the same masters, both bought and paid for by the interest you claim to be against.
He's maintained policies enacted by Bush that
invade freedom and privacy in the form of the
Patriot Act. Maintained the Bush tax cuts that give the wealthiest Americans a death grip hold on the middle class.
I have no faith in either candidate. And I don't recall seeing such a divisive election period wrought with so much vitriol and hostility; Senate and House seats have taken a backseat to what's amounted to a Cold Civil War between the presidential candidates. For a while I gave the left credit as being the more civil side, but I don't even subscribe to that charade anymore.
I hope 2016 gives a viable contender I can proudly vote for. This is easily the worst field in 30+ years. And everyone buying completely into the promises of one or another without question should feel shame.
I know, I know

But you think your guy is better too.
So, everything applies to you too if you have a dog in this hunt.
Hey Libertarians aren't always what they seem either.

I will come back later with some Libertaarain follies for you to contemplate but I don't want to disillusion you so that you don't vote at all.

I'm very comfortable being a Democrat though So yes I think my guy is better but don't think in on here about trying to change peoples minds.
That would not be living in this universe
The Dems on here I like and support them. I don't like some of the republicans that post on here and I enjoy responding to their nonsense when appropriate (which just happens to be all the time)
But, believe it or not I do not respond to them because their.republicans. I have respect for some republicans and would not direct such scathing criticism to some...well there's a few.
But I just don't like some these individuals who are sucking up pablum spewed by Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.
So I respond to some of that garbage.

By the way ...like I said before and whether you want to accept it or not there are disticnt difference in outcome depending on who you vote for this time.

None are perfecr and those Libertarians aren't showing all their cards yet either...once they gain power they will thouugh.
But don't be discouraged that's how it works in our system. I'm not however condoning corruption either.
Any types of actual law breaking should be punished to the full extent on either side.
Unfortunately though the republican just stack the Supreme Court with justices who are taking away liberties.
This should really piss you off more than anything be a so called "Libertarian"

Now, if you're a Tea Bagger I understand the dilemna ahead...your republican party just couldn't produce a good enough candidate.
He's corrupt in the sense that he wants to limit more freedoms and if he were to get into office. Roe vs Wade, not stopping the legislation that says money is free speech, and a host of others that he's not telling us about as well.
So....vote for whemever suits your fancy but I enjoy seeing the splintering effect that is evident here.
The splintering is begining and more will follow you into the desert but good luck anyway.

Sorry for any typos ..its 3:40 am and my eyes are going
Ted Rogers

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Bristow Va

Last night President Obama and Bill Clinton attract 24,000 on a cold November night and without Stevie Wonder.

Barack Obama mainaining edge in the swing states too

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Has there ever been a more dishonest presidential candidate than Mitt Romney? Has anyone pandered, changed positions, or flat out made things up the way this guy has? Most politicians lie to get votes, but the Team Romney and his supporters have eagerly embraced and repeated the bald lies. His latest ads claiming Chrysler is outsourcing Jeep production to China has been flat out debunked and yet on this forum that lie is repeated as if truth.

I am profoundly astounded by the ease in which Romney spouts his lies, it's just straight fabrication, not the the normal half truths put out by Politicians.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Keep those delusions alive Danny
LOL! Denying the reality of polling results is what's delusional.

But that's pretty much your only refuge now, isn't it Roger? Now that Barack Obama's re-election is a foregone conclusion. LOL!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's pretty much your only refuge now, isn't it Roger? Now that Barack Obama's re-election is a foregone conclusion. LOL!
//////////

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

Sure did.

And like the majority of voters this year, I will again.

BTW - you really should listen to the speech.

He did not say what you think he said.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Has there ever been a more dishonest presidential candidate than Mitt Romney?

Has anyone pandered, changed positions, or flat out made things up the way this guy has?

Most politicians lie to get votes, but the Team Romney and his supporters have eagerly embraced and repeated the bald lies.

His latest ads claiming Chrysler is outsourcing Jeep production to China has been flat out debunked and yet on this forum that lie is repeated as if truth.

I am profoundly astounded by the ease in which Romney spouts his lies, it's just straight fabrication, not the the normal half truths put out by Politicians.

//////////

In a new TV ad, President Obama makes an inflated claim to have added 5.2 million new jobs.

The total added during his time in office is actually about 325,000.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

From the 23 million Americans unemployed or underemployed and the 46 million people now on food stamps, to the decline in workforce participation and the explosion of people on disability, many now realize the fallacy of his reputedly deft decision-making skills.

His claim in the last debate of having created 5 million jobs rings hollow to an electorate seeing fewer people working today than when Obama took office.

Yet, the story he insists on telling America is that he saved us.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

The $831,000,000,000 economic "stimulus" that President Obama spearheaded and signed into law requires his administration to release quarterly reports on its effects.

But "the most transparent administration in the history of our country" is now four reports behind schedule and has so far not released any reports whatsoever in 2012.

Its most recent quarterly report is for the quarter than ended on June 30, 2011.
Ted

Meyersdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
!LOL!

"Denying the reality of polling results is what's delusional."
Denying the reality of guessing is what's delusional.
Denying the reality of estimates is what's delusional.
Denying the reality of divination is what's delusional.
Denying the reality of flipping a coin is what's delusional.
Denying the reality of odds is what's delusional.

At the horse or dog track it's called 'handicapping', danny BOY.

Here, BOY, the Las Vegas line on today's NFL games might interest you:
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml

Do you realize, BOY, that those are only the 'odds' of a team winning and that by 11pm tonight many of them will have been proven wrong?

You're easily confused, BOY, in believing that polling results are election results.

You celebrate early, BOY, which is good idea if you suspect you can't later.

You know, BOY, you could rake in a mint of money if Monday you took every bit of money out of savings, mortgage the house, sell the car and bet that money on Obama winning the presidential election.

It's a SURE THING, danny BOY! In your own words Obama's reelection is "INEVITABLE" and "A FOREGONE CONCLUSION"!

With that kind of certainty you'd be a fool NOT to, BOY! You only need to put your money where your mouth is. Bookies in England are taking bets.

Oh? What's that BOY? You're not THAT certain? I thought not. "inevitible and foregone conclusion" have different meanings in dannyBOYworld, translated meaning "I hope I hope I hope".

You talk a lot BEFORE the game, don't you BOY, and cross your fingers a lot DURING the game.

You're a common mouth-running chest-thumper, BOY.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
Hope you sleep well, wingnuts.
----------
Latest Swing State Polls
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states:
Colorado: Romney 47%, Obama 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Florida: Romney 51%, Obama 45%(Miami Herald/Mason-Dixon)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 47%(NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Florida: Obama 47%, Romney 47%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Iowa: Obama 47%, Romney 42%(Des Moines Register)
Iowa: Obama 47%, Romney 44%(Project New America)
Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 46%(Public Policy Polling)
New Hampshire: Obama 47%, Romney 47%(WMUR)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(We Ask America)
Ohio: Obama 51%, Romney 45%(NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Ohio: Obama 46%, Romney 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 45%(Project New America)
Pennsylvania: Obama 52%, Romney 46%(Public Policy Polling)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 48%(We Ask America)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 45%(Reuters/Ipsos)
Wisconsin: Obama 52%, Romney 45%(We Ask America)
Wisconsin: Obama 51%, Romney 48%(Public Policy Polling)
Wisconsin: Obama 48%, Romney 43%(Project New America)
----------
It just gets harder and harder to see how Romney can possibly get 270 electoral votes, doesn't it?
LMAO!
//////////

'Vote for Revenge'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,481 - 38,500 of51,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 45 min Cut and paste and bitter 3,801
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Jul 19 Pirates 5,382
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby h... (Jun '08) Jul 4 Local resident 54
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••