Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
This storm is a perfect example of why we need FEMA. YES, Dubya screwed it up by gutting it and making it an ineffective agent of Homeland Security - remember Katrina! this one is bigger!
When a storm like this - and like Katrina - happens across many states, the most sensible & logical thing is to have FEDERAL people coordinating and working with state governments. Having no federal coordination makes as much sense as each state having its own currency.
There is NO advantage to eliminating FEMA - that is one reason why Katrina was such a terrible tragedy, and why (mostly Republican) governors were screaming at the time for Federal help.
For the Federal gov to block-grant FEMA, makes no sense - it would not save any money, and there would be no coordination among the many states feeling the impact of the storm.
Huricane Sandy is paying no attention to state lines! Go FEMA!

OBAMA IN 2008 PROMISED HEALTH CARE SHOULD

“NEVER BE PURCHASED WITH TAX INCREASES ON MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES”

By: Jim Hoft

7/1/2012 05:56 PM

At a campaign stop on October 4, 2008, Barack Obama told supporters that health care should not purchased with a tax increase.

Health care should never be purchased with tax increases on middle class families.”

Via Free Republic:

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/01/obama-i ...

OBAMA is a LIAR!!!

Live with it.

When facts are shown that cannot be disputed you do not reply, disappear, switch topics or you resort to name-calling.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Updated as of 3:00pm EST on Monday, October 29:

Real Clear Politics (RCP) is consistently cited by both FOXNEWS and NBCNEWS as a current source for
reliable averaged polling data at every level of American politics.

RCP on Thursday returned North Carolina (NC) to the status of "toss-up state," and in so doing, reduced Romney's likely electoral vote tally from 206 to 191. However, Romney still holds an appreciable albeit softening lead of 3.0% in NC and remains the favorite to capture that state in the upcoming election.

In sum, RCP now considers the following eleven states, listed in descending order of electoral votes, as "toss-up": Florida (FL), Pennsylvania (PA), Ohio (OH), Michigan (MI), North Carolina (NC),Virginia (VA), Colorado (CO), Wisconsin (WI), Iowa IO), Nevada (NV) and New Hampshire (NH).

With only 177 hours left in the 2012 presidential campaign, Obama leads in seven of the toss-ups, Romney leads in two, and in CO and VA as of Saturday the candidates are now tied.

In descending order of 'percentage of lead' in favor of Obama, followed in ascending order of 'percentage of lead' in favor of Romney, here are the published averaged numbers from RCP as of 3:00pm EST today together with the FiveThirtyEight election night probability of victory for either candidate:

In PA, with 20 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 4.7%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama a 94.8% chance of winning PA, up from yesterday's 94.4%.

In MI, with 16 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 4.0%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama a 98.3% chance of winning MI, up from Saturday's 98.2%.

In NV, with 6 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 2.4%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama an 80.5% chance of winning NV, up from yesterday's 80.1%.

In WI, with 10 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 2.3%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama an 86.8% chance of winning WI, up from yesterday's 86.3%.

In IO, with 6 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 2.3%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama a 72.7% chance of winning IO, up from yesterday's 72.3%.

In NH, with 4 electoral votes, Obama's lead is holding at 2.0%.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama a 71.5% chance of winning NH, up from yesterday's 70.5%.

In OH, with 18 electoral votes, Obama's lead is 4 %, down from 4.1% yesterday.

Interestingly, FiveThirtyEight currently gives Obama a 74.9% chance of winning OH, up from yesterday's 73.5%.

GAME OVER MUTT!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Spoken like a true ignorant racist tea bag warrior, ha ha ha boy.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Chris Christie, fierce Obama critic, praises president’s response to Hurricane Sandy

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who has blasted President Obama’s leadership, heaped praise on Obama on Tuesday for his handling of Hurricane Sandy.

“The president has been outstanding in this and so have the folks at FEMA,” Christie said on NBC’s “Today” show.

Christie, whose state is among the hardest hit by the storm, made appearances on several morning talk shows on Tuesday and applauded Obama at each stop.

On MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie said “the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit. He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything and he absolutely means it, and it’s been very good working with the president and his administration.”

On CNN’s “Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien,” Christie added that Obama “has been incredibly supportive and helpful to our state, and not once did he bring up the election.”

Even Christie knows it's lights out for Romney....LMAO!

LQQK HERE:

http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2...
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Romney ally Chris Christie praises Barack Obama on Sandy response

PRESIDENT Barack Obama won glowing praise for his "wonderful" handling of superstorm Sandy from a fierce foe who backs Mitt Romney, as political reverberations of the storm began to be felt.
Mr Obama put campaigning on hold a week before his close election clash with Republican nominee Mr Romney to manage the federal government's response to Sandy, which swamped large areas of the US East Coast.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a blunt spoken critic of the president and a key Romney ally, produced a glowing character reference for Mr Obama, which is already shaping endgame election news coverage.
"The president's been great... I spoke to him three times yesterday, he called me for the last time at midnight last night, he asked me what I needed," Mr Christie told MSNBC.

LQQK HERE:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/r...
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Oct 30, 2012 8:45amNew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Praises President Obama for Sandy Response

One of Mitt Romney’s biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.

“I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far,” Christie said on Good Morning America.“We have a great partnership with them.”

Full Coverage: Hurricane Sandy

Christie told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that Obama called him on Monday night around midnight to ask if there was anything else the federal government could do to help. Christie added that they worked together to move forward with a Major Disaster Declaration for New Jersey.

The Major Disaster Declaration provides funding for recovery efforts, including infrastructure projects, temporary housing, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property loss and assistance to individuals and businesses.

(PHOTOS: East Coast Hit by Hurricane Sandy)

“He worked on that last night with me…offered any other assets that we needed to help,” Christie said.“I want to thank the president personally for his personal attention to this.”

Romney wants to gut Fema and BIg Bird to ........LMAO

LQQK HERE:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

The tea bags will say president Obama made him say those things. What does Christy get in return? The tea bags can create some more conspiracy theories
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
Chris Christie, fierce Obama critic, praises president’s response to Hurricane Sandy
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who has blasted President Obama’s leadership, heaped praise on Obama on Tuesday for his handling of Hurricane Sandy.
“The president has been outstanding in this and so have the folks at FEMA,” Christie said on NBC’s “Today” show.
Christie, whose state is among the hardest hit by the storm, made appearances on several morning talk shows on Tuesday and applauded Obama at each stop.
On MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie said “the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit. He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything and he absolutely means it, and it’s been very good working with the president and his administration.”
On CNN’s “Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien,” Christie added that Obama “has been incredibly supportive and helpful to our state, and not once did he bring up the election.”
LQQK HERE:
http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2...
//////////

Christie said “the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit.

//////////

Happy Elections is on Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Days till 2012 Presidential Election is in 6 days, 6 hours, 57 minutes

//////////

TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Christie said “the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit.

//////////

Solyndra headquarters could sell at fraction of original price

The Obama administration gambled, and lost, with taxpayer dollars.

The government gave a $528 million loan to Solyndra.

"Solyndra is the ultimate symbol of President Obama's failed attempts to pick winners and losers in the free market,"

If the $90 million sale price is approved, it's unclear how much of that might be returned to the government.

A prior restructuring deal allowed private investors to be repaid before taxpayers.

During a congressional hearing last November, Energy Secretary Steven Chu said taxpayers are not likely to get much of that money back.

Asked how much money taxpayers might see, Chu said:

"Well, that remains to be seen.

I'm anticipating that not very much."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/24/so ...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

//////////

LASER-LIKE FOCUS:

OBAMA‘S JOBS COUNCIL HASN’T MET IN SIX MONTHS

Hey, remember all those times we were told President Obama was focused like a laser (or something) on jobs?

Yeah, we remember that too.

Say, it must be awfully difficult to address the nation’s unemployment when, you know, your jobs council hasn’t met in six months.

Yes, you read that correctly:

the president‘s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness hasn’t met since January 17.

“Coming off the worst quarter of job-creation in two years, and with the worst jobs record of any president in modern history, it’s clear President Obama has failed to live up to his promises,” said Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

With unemployment at 8.2 percent (and real unemployment much worse than that), some may think it rather odd that the president can find time to do back-to-back-to-back-to-back fundraisers and play his 100th round of golf but not find time to meet with this jobs panel.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-obamas ...
MH Glassport

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

MvM - you are a complete waste of a human body. The president has simply done his job when it comes to directing resources to aid in the aftermath of a disaster, and that tiny slice of his history can never overcome the mountain of incompetence he has displayed. Too bad he could not deliver on spending less money than his government takes in. Too bad he could not answer repeated warnings and protect his U.S. Ambassador who was killed and raped, along with three other brave Americans, in a 9/11/2012 Benghazi terrorist attack. Too bad he can not admit that Islamic extremists are at war with the United States. Too bad he refuses to uphold his oath of office, sidestepping the U.S. Constitution and illegally implementing via executive order the framework of an immigration law he never even introduced in Congress. Too bad that his administration has repeatedly covered up and lied to the American people about his gun-running program, which was designed to support his plan for increased gun control, but resulted in the deaths of American Border Patrol agents and innocent high school students. Too bad he has implemented regulations aimed at killing the coal industry. Too bad he is a bumbling fool and will lose the election in less than one week - then you can climb back under your rock...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Drink any Kool-Aid lately?

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

The desperation from tea bags is not good for flipper. Who needs a poll when we have tea bag wah wah sessions here on the internet? Doesn't get any better

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

These tea bags are pissed the extra strength Limbaugh nut juice will go back to normal juice after the election
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I KNOW America will be prosperous under Obama for another 4 years.

//////////

Is Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits? >

Work Permits for Young Immigrants Steal Jobs From Americans

Polls suggest that most Americans are sympathetic to suspending deportations of the young illegal aliens.

But polling thus far has not asked how voters feel about the president offering work permits for 1-2 million illegal aliens to compete with the 20 million American workers who want a full-time job and can't find one.

Congress has acted three times to reject the DREAM Act-type of amnesty that the president has unilaterally created.

If Mr. Obama thinks he can make a case for adding the illegal aliens to the workforce, then he ought to make his case to Congress along with offering offsets that would reduce the number of green cards (permanent work permits) given out each year to other foreign workers, thus reducing job competition for Americans.

Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

F O R W A R D !
Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

TaxNoMore wrote:
//////////
Is Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits? >
Work Permits for Young Immigrants Steal Jobs From Americans
Polls suggest that most Americans are sympathetic to suspending deportations of the young illegal aliens.
But polling thus far has not asked how voters feel about the president offering work permits for 1-2 million illegal aliens to compete with the 20 million American workers who want a full-time job and can't find one.
Congress has acted three times to reject the DREAM Act-type of amnesty that the president has unilaterally created.
If Mr. Obama thinks he can make a case for adding the illegal aliens to the workforce, then he ought to make his case to Congress along with offering offsets that would reduce the number of green cards (permanent work permits) given out each year to other foreign workers, thus reducing job competition for Americans.
Damn, when I hadn't seen any of your ignorant rants for awhile I thought perhaps you were finally taking that forever dirt nap. Oh well, at least I'll get to hear your whining next week when Romney gets spanked.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

"I dont believe Government should bail out people that are affected by disasters, that should be the states job"- Mitt Romney During the GOP debates in April 2012

"I dont think it's governments job to help people in distress from natural disasters, that should be the states job" - Mitt Romney
October 29, 2012

" I firmly believe FEMA should help out victims along with the states of natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, etc." - Mitt Romney
October 30 , 2012

After Mitt's handlers takes him aside and explains to him how FEMA works, Mutt changes his story and back pedals as he has on most of his statements.

Anything to get elected.
Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

MH Glassport wrote:
MvM - you are a complete waste of a human body. The president has simply done his job when it comes to directing resources to aid in the aftermath of a disaster, and that tiny slice of his history can never overcome the mountain of incompetence he has displayed. Too bad he could not deliver on spending less money than his government takes in. Too bad he could not answer repeated warnings and protect his U.S. Ambassador who was killed and raped, along with three other brave Americans, in a 9/11/2012 Benghazi terrorist attack. Too bad he can not admit that Islamic extremists are at war with the United States. Too bad he refuses to uphold his oath of office, sidestepping the U.S. Constitution and illegally implementing via executive order the framework of an immigration law he never even introduced in Congress. Too bad that his administration has repeatedly covered up and lied to the American people about his gun-running program, which was designed to support his plan for increased gun control, but resulted in the deaths of American Border Patrol agents and innocent high school students. Too bad he has implemented regulations aimed at killing the coal industry. Too bad he is a bumbling fool and will lose the election in less than one week - then you can climb back under your rock...
Someone has been brain washed by Glen Beck.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mitt Romney Refuses To Talk About FEMA After Hurricane Sandy Event
The Huffington Post | By Sabrina Siddiqui Posted: 10/30/2012 1:17 pm EDT Updated: 10/30/2012 2:26 pm EDT

Mitt Romney refused to answer reporters' questions about how he would handle the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), after a Tuesday "storm relief" event in Ohio for Hurricane Sandy.

From the Romney pool report:

TV pool asked Romney at least five times whether he would eliminate FEMA as president/what he would do with FEMA. He ignored the questionss but they are audible on cam. The music stopped at points and the questionss would have been audible to him.

A follow-up report noted the specific questions Romney ignored, as he was collecting hurricane supplies following his event:

"Gov are you going to eliminate FEMA?" a print pooler shouted, receiving no response.
Wires reporters asked more questions about FEMA that were ignored.

Romney kept coming over near pool to pick up more water. He ignored these questions:

"Gov are you going to see some storm damage?"

"Gov has [New Jersey Gov.] Chris Christie invited you to come survey storm damage?"

"Gov you've been asked 14 times, why are you refusing to answer the question?"

"We cannot -- we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids," Romney continued, when asked specifically about disaster relief. "It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we'll all be dead and gone before it's paid off. It makes no sense at all."

Romney would give another 20% tax cut on the rich than to keep FEMA in place.

WHAT A GUY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 19 hr But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Mon bbqbob2001 5,411
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters