Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

#40446 Oct 29, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
Ohio Gov. John Kasich told "Meet the Press" Sunday that for the first time he is now predicting a Romney win in Ohio. Kasich said internal polls show Romney leading as independents move to the GOP.
Ohio Gov. John Kasich declared Sunday that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is now poised to beat President Barack Obama in his critical battleground state.
Appearing on NBC's “Meet the Press,” Kasich cited internal campaign polling that shows Romney with a lead in The Buckeye State.
This was the first time that Kasich said Romney could carry the state. He pointed to a swing in momentum since the first presidential debate in which Romney bested President Obama’s lackluster performance.
The debates were a turning point in Romney’s campaign for president because they gave people a chance to see him, rather than what he was portrayed as in commercials and interviews.
“You look at his history and it tells you who the guy is,” Kasich said.“He’s pragmatic, no question about it, but he’s also tough and he’s firm and he understands job creation ... I’ve never seen a debate have this much impact. The first debate gave people a chance to see him.”
Concerns about people not “getting” Romney should not be an issue, according to Kasich, because of his record in business, as governor of Massachusetts, and in turning around the 2002 Winter Olympics where he was a “pure leader.”
“I believe that he was able to connect with people and they thought,‘you know, maybe he does get me. And that was an important part of why there’s so much momentum in the state of Ohio right now,” he said.
Kasich, nevertheless, predicted a close election.
“It’s going to be really close,” Kasich said.“I do think we’re going to know before the end of the night. The independent voters are trending high toward Romney.”
Newsmax
Keep dreaming,

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obam...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#40447 Oct 29, 2012
Rightwing hack who steals other poster's ID's=Expected criminal behavior.

One has to wonder what other criminal behavior they participate in.

Ironic they're so concerned about "ID's".
Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

#40448 Oct 29, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to add President Obama...mega regulations=higher gas prices.
President Obama...involvement in middle east=higher gas prices.
parroting false wingnut talking points...
The Great Gadsby

Washington, DC

#40449 Oct 29, 2012
Al Gore Internet Inventor wrote:
<quoted text> Now who did you steal "moron" from on Topix punk? You are the moron vote. LOL
Oh, I see you coined the term "moron"

It wasn't Moe from the 3 Stooges?

You sir are a true "moron" in every sense of the word....
And your statement above reinforces that notion.

Who do you think you are Shemp?
OBAMA 2012

West Mifflin, PA

#40450 Oct 29, 2012
Obama will WIN Ohio. I wasn't so sure until Thursday night when Mitt Romney...the Outsourcer and Vulture Capitalist...to­ld a crowd of supporters that Chrysler was moving ALL production of JEEP to China.

Romney has always been a LIAR AND A FRAUD but this latest LIE reeked of desperation and it exposed that his internal polling must be telling him that he is in deep trouble in Ohio.

He has been getting hammered in the Ohio papers and online media for several days because of that LIE. It just confirmed to the people of Ohio that Romney is an empty suit who somehow believes that he is entitled to be President.

How sweet will it be for the very people who Romney wanted to see LOSE THEIR JOBS when GM went under.......to actually vote against him and deny him the Presidency !!

No one would deserve that more than OLD MULTIPLE CHOICE MITT. THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN POLITICS TODAY.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40451 Oct 29, 2012
The only way the Republicans win the election is through voter fraud. The only people stupid enough to vote for the Republican ticket are extremely rich (or think they are) or loyal right ring extrememist (uneducated/racist) and racists. Those are the only people who wish to go back to the same Bush policies that got us into this mess.

THE CLEAR CHOICE
OBAMA 2012!!!!!!
YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40452 Oct 29, 2012
Early voting is roaring ahead in Nevada, with 150,000 people voting in person and another 30,000 voting by absentee ballot, just in Clark County (home to Las Vegas), in the first five days of voting. Of the votes cast so far, 50% were from registered Democrats and 33% from registered Republicans. Statewide, 23,000 more Democrats have voted so far than Republicans.
Ted

Boswell, PA

#40453 Oct 29, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
The only way the Republicans win the election is through voter fraud. The only people stupid enough to vote for the Republican ticket are extremely rich (or think they are) or loyal right ring extrememist (uneducated/racist) and racists. Those are the only people who wish to go back to the same Bush policies that got us into this mess.
THE CLEAR CHOICE
OBAMA 2012!!!!!!
YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!
"The only way the Republicans win the election is through voter fraud."

Hearing the footsteps and preparing your excuses now for Obama's loss:
Voter fraud! Bush's fault! Racism! YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!

LOL
Ted

Boswell, PA

#40454 Oct 29, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And considering what was happening a little over 4 years ago, I'd say Obama did pretty good in turning things around.
Or did you forget the housing bubble burst, the economic collapse and freezing money markets? Yeah, let's go back and do that again.
!LOL!

Ahhh! What a fresh spin you offer. After four years of stumbling, Obama's failure is BUSH'S fault!

In the "greymouser" world THIS qualifies as "Obama did pretty good in turning things around":
* Unemployment over 8 percent for 98% of his presidency.
* The United States debt is $16 trillion.
* Obama has added 5 TRILLION dollars to that national debt in less than four years
* Obama's 'budget' spends 1.1 TRILLION dollars more than it takes in
* A new entitlement passed that is now forecasted to cost more than $1.7 trillion during the next 10 years.
* 46 million people are receiving food stamps.
* A loss in the net worth of a majority of Americans.
* No plan submitted to save Social Security or Medicare.
* 14 million people are projected to lose their employer-sponsored health care.
* Gas prices are $4 a gallon.
* College tuition is up over 8 percent in 2011.
* Foreign policy that has created a Middle East crisis and puts the United States and American lives at risk.
* The current level of economic growth under Obama's 'leadership' threatens another recession.
* Second quarter business equipment and software purchases were the lowest increase in 3 years.
* Real disposable income was down 3.1% in the second quarter of 2012.
* 25 MILLION Americans unemployed or underemployed
* White House lies and cover-up about murdered American Libyan diplomat Christopher Stevens and SEALS

Your interest in four MORE years is a masochist's request, "Thank you, Sir, may I have another?"

Obama's epic incompetence elevates Jimmy Carter's failed presidency to one of greatness.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40455 Oct 29, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
!LOL!
Ahhh! What a fresh spin you offer. After four years of stumbling, Obama's failure is BUSH'S fault!
In the "greymouser" world THIS qualifies as "Obama did pretty good in turning things around":
* Unemployment over 8 percent for 98% of his presidency.
* The United States debt is $16 trillion.
* Obama has added 5 TRILLION dollars to that national debt in less than four years
* Obama's 'budget' spends 1.1 TRILLION dollars more than it takes in
* A new entitlement passed that is now forecasted to cost more than $1.7 trillion during the next 10 years.
* 46 million people are receiving food stamps.
* A loss in the net worth of a majority of Americans.
* No plan submitted to save Social Security or Medicare.
* 14 million people are projected to lose their employer-sponsored health care.
* Gas prices are $4 a gallon.
* College tuition is up over 8 percent in 2011.
* Foreign policy that has created a Middle East crisis and puts the United States and American lives at risk.
* The current level of economic growth under Obama's 'leadership' threatens another recession.
* Second quarter business equipment and software purchases were the lowest increase in 3 years.
* Real disposable income was down 3.1% in the second quarter of 2012.
* 25 MILLION Americans unemployed or underemployed
* White House lies and cover-up about murdered American Libyan diplomat Christopher Stevens and SEALS
Your interest in four MORE years is a masochist's request, "Thank you, Sir, may I have another?"
Obama's epic incompetence elevates Jimmy Carter's failed presidency to one of greatness.
What does college tuition have to do with the President?
LMAO.....The colleges dictate the cost not the President you dumbass LOL!
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40456 Oct 29, 2012
Ted your guy is going down.....you can stop sipping on the Mutt nut juice after NOV 6 ,Mutt will be in the cayman islands relaxing and resting up for 2106 LMAO!
Ted

Boswell, PA

#40457 Oct 29, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>What does college tuition have to do with the President?
LMAO.....The colleges dictate the cost not the President you dumbass LOL!
As an obsessive-compulsive copy/paster you've never claimed to be personally bright or an independent thinker.

Huge increases in gasoline prices, health care and college tuition are gauges of Obama-the-community-organizer' s inability in managing the nations' economy, you dumbass LOL!

The demands of presidency are WAY beyond Obama's meager skill set. Like you, he yaps but can't effect change.

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

#40458 Oct 29, 2012
LQQKIE LQQK DUDES

Obama Demeans Presidency

Jeb Bush slams President Barack Obama for demeaning the office he holds, citing his barnyard epithets and snarky comportment toward GOP nominee Mitt Romney. "When you act like you’re a 10-year-old, I don’t think that independent voters and undecided voters are really moved by that," says the former Florida governor. He also warns that Obama's poor leadership threatens to send America over the "fiscal cliff" at home and emboldens our enemies abroad.

West Mifflin, Pa

#40459 Oct 29, 2012
Obama’s Poor Leadership Caused Fiscal Cliff

GOP leader and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Friday blamed the looming fiscal cliff – which many economists warn could touch off another recession -- squarely on President Barack Obama’s lack of leadership.

Also in the exclusive Newsmax TV interview, Bush warned that “serious economic hardships for millions of Americans” will result if Congress and President Obama fail to strike a deal on spending and taxes.

Bush called the current policy impasse in Congress a “dysfunction.” The backlog Congress must deal with includes the scheduled expiration of the Bush tax cuts, the expiration of the payroll tax holiday, the implementation of taxes associated with the president’s healthcare reforms, plus the reduction of over $1 trillion from domestic and military spending as part of the sequestration process.

“The uncertainty is the problem right now,” he told NewsmaxTV in the exclusive interview.“Consumers’ sentiment is kind of up. The government’s doing quite well. But private investment is what’s been lagging, and that’s why we haven’t seen the kind of job growth that one would hope.

“With all this uncertainty,” Bush said,“people are freezing in place, and that’s the danger. It already has had an impact. Our recovery is the worst recovery of any since the great depression in terms of its robustness.”

The younger brother of former President George W. Bush said the responsibility for the fiscal cliff lies squarely with Obama.

“I would say that the president is primarily responsible for this because he’s the president, and he has a disproportionate responsibility for creating a catalyst through leadership of a different approach,” he said.“Had he done it, he’d probably be winning the election -- which seems to be his organizing focus right now -- and we would probably be in better shape.”

He added that expecting Congress to resolve its issues without presidential leadership is unrealistic.

“You can’t do this without presidential leadership, and our president spends most of his time blaming others for the problems that we face,” said Bush.

Read more on Newsmax.com

West Mifflin, Pa

#40460 Oct 29, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Ted your guy is going down.....you can stop sipping on the Mutt nut juice after NOV 6 ,Mutt will be in the cayman islands relaxing and resting up for 2106 LMAO!
I don't appreciate you using a similar ID as mine.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40461 Oct 29, 2012
NewsMax (like Fox News, which might be the best analogy) combines the worst of all worlds--spin plus lack of depth and quality.

I trust the National Enquirer more than NewsMax.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#40462 Oct 29, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text> I don't appreciate you using a similar ID as mine.
But I am
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#40463 Oct 29, 2012
Latest swing state polls:

Florida: Romney 47%, Obama 47%(Pharos)

Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 48%(Public Policy Polling)

Ohio: Obama 51%, Romney 47%(Public Policy Polling)

Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 49%(Cincinnati Enquirer)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49%(Gravis)

Minnesota: Obama 47%, Romney 44%(Minneapolis Star Tribune)

New Hampshire: Obama 49%, Romney 47%(Public Policy Polling)

Pennsylvania: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(Pharos)

Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 46%(Priorities USA Action)

Where's that Romney path to 270 again? LOL!
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#40464 Oct 29, 2012
Ohio Is Not a Toss Up

Nate Silver looks at the polling average in Ohio -- made up of roughly a dozen polling firms who have surveyed the state over the past 10 days -- and notes it shows President Obama with a 2.4 percentage point lead over Mitt Romney.

"There are no precedents in the database for a candidate losing with a two- or three-point lead in a state when the polling volume was that rich
It is misinformed to refer to Ohio as a toss-up. Mr. Obama is the favorite there, and because of Ohio's central position in the Electoral College, he is therefore the overall favorite in the election."

----------

How does Romney get to 270 without Ohio? LOL!
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#40465 Oct 29, 2012
Latest FiveThirtyEight election forecast:

Electoral Vote:
Obama: 296.6; +8.6 since Oct 21
Romney: 241.4; -8.6 since Oct 21

Chance of Winning:
Obama: 74.6%; +7.0 since Oct 21
Romney: 25.4; -7.0 since Oct 21

Popular Vote:
Obama: 50.4%; +.4 since Oct 21
Romney: 48.7%; -.4 since Oct 21

----------

According to the best election statistician working today, Romney has a 1 in 4 chance of winning next week.

The right is desperately throwing every piece of rightwing bullshit they can, but none of it changes the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 10 hr Oh well 5,575
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:38PM
You miss DeSean Jackson now, Philadelphia Eagles?
Bleacher Report 6:45 PM
Eagles Should Turn to Matt Barkley in Week 17 If Playoffs out of Question
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Despite Win Redskins' D Still Major Problem
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Washington
ESPN 8:51 PM
Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D