Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
aqoru

Clearfield, PA

#39891 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Will Blacks Vote for Obama “Because He’s Black”?
The idea that blacks support Obama just because he’s black is itself racist because it suggests a lack of political sophistication and brain power, as if blacks would vote for anyone who shares their skin color, even though most blacks didn’t support Herman Cain, Allen West, Alan Keyes and don’t respect Clarence Thomas. And the question ignores the nuances of reality.
Yes Obama’s blackness is part of why many blacks support him. Another reason is Obama’s policies: saving Detroit, supporting universal health care, and fighting to protect the social safety net and a woman’s right to choose will win lots of black votes.
In order to think blacks reflexively support Obama because of race you have to ignore so much evidence. You have to close your eyes to his black critics from the brilliant Cornel West to Michael Jones, the undecided voter at the debate who asked why he should vote for him, to the clueless Stacey Dash.
You also have to believe that whites never take race into account which would suggest that the Bradley Effect doesn’t exist and demand you dismiss a recent Esquire Magazine/Yahoo poll in which 26% of respondents said they personally know someone who’s not voting for Obama simply because he’s black.
- Toure, TIME Magazine, October 19, 2012
In 2008 Obama took 95 percent of the black vote. What does that tell you? You don't see blacks voting for Obama because he is black? I'm sure all blacks are not voting for color but 95 percent is awful high. You don't see 95 percent of whites voting for a white candidate. In my opinion the high percentage (95%) of blacks voting for Obama is a definite indicator of racism.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39892 Oct 23, 2012
aqoru wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2008 Obama took 95 percent of the black vote. What does that tell you? You don't see blacks voting for Obama because he is black? I'm sure all blacks are not voting for color but 95 percent is awful high. You don't see 95 percent of whites voting for a white candidate. In my opinion the high percentage (95%) of blacks voting for Obama is a definite indicator of racism.
I didn't say no blacks voted for Obama because he's black. What I did say was that whatever percentage of the vote that was was more than off-set by people who voted against Obama because he's black.

African Americans vote at very high rates for Democrats because they like Democratic policies. That explains almost all of their votes for Obama. Dismissing their vote as racist is nothing more than a dishonest way to delegitimize Obama's presidency.

BTW - when Irish Catholics voted for JFK in disproportionate numbers, was that bigotry?

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#39893 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say no blacks voted for Obama because he's black. What I did say was that whatever percentage of the vote that was was more than off-set by people who voted against Obama because he's black.
African Americans vote at very high rates for Democrats because they like Democratic policies. That explains almost all of their votes for Obama. Dismissing their vote as racist is nothing more than a dishonest way to delegitimize Obama's presidency.
BTW - when Irish Catholics voted for JFK in disproportionate numbers, was that bigotry?
Do you honestly believe the drivel you typed?

How many other elections have you seen the Black Panthers out at polling places intimidating voters?
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39894 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Esquire/Yahoo Poll
Is there anyone you personally know who will not vote for Obama solely because he's an African American?
Yes - 26%
----------
So maybe Obama gains some percentage of African Americans because he's black.
That's more than offset by people who will NOT vote for him because he's black.
Claiming that it's some sort of ADVANTAGE to run for President as a black man "it's some sort of ADVANTAGE to run for President as a black man shows a profound ignorance of American history and more than a little bigotry.
WOW!

You REALLY proved my point, danny BOY, by confirming that 26% know someone who will vote for Obama "SOLEY BECAUSE HE IS AFRICAN AMERICAN"!

LOL: "So maybe Obama gains SOME percentage"???

You're digging a hole, BOY.

Citation needed for your bigoted speculation "That's more than offset by people who will NOT vote for him because he's black."

Obfuscate much, danny BOY? No one claimed "some sort of ADVANTAGE to run for President as a black man" so your accusation of "historical ignorance" and "bigotry" is a non-sequitur and falls apart.

It's a credit to our society that a 13%-minority candidate was elected by a white-majority voting population.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39895 Oct 23, 2012
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe the drivel you typed?
How many other elections have you seen the Black Panthers out at polling places intimidating voters?
Actually, nobody's ever seen that. Some imagined it, but it never actually happened since nobody was actually intimidated.

#39897 Oct 23, 2012
Right, just because the Attorney General said so. Very weak.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39900 Oct 23, 2012
GenPatton wrote:
No, because the Justice Department said so. And because the evidence said so.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39901 Oct 23, 2012
GenPatton wrote:
But what reason would you have to doubt the integrity of the Attorney General.

I mean OTHER than race.
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39903 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't John McCain have a middle name?
Is it a secret?
Why would someone make it a point to use the President's middle name but not the man he defeated?
Hmmm.
LOL!

Yes. Yes, you DO obfuscate much, danny BOY.

Just for you, BOY, how blacks voted in the last presidential election including both candidates' middle names:
2008 Barack Hussein Obama 96% John Sidney McCain III 4%

Hmmm. Looks like race-based voting doesn't it.

I never would have guessed it was as high as 25% as you've indicated.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39905 Oct 23, 2012
aqoru wrote:
<quoted text> Obama never visited Israel. Where is the source for your information?
He visited Israel..... in 2008 numbnuts,,,,,go look it up...
youre clueless as always Davey

#39906 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
But what reason would you have to doubt the integrity of the Attorney General.
I mean OTHER than race.
Race Bait ALERT!

Let's see Fast and Furious comes to mind, but hey, what's the big deal about a Border Patrol Agent losing his life? Right Dan? That's what you are really gettting at. The guy was probably a Republican anyway.
The Great Gadsby

Baltimore, MD

#39907 Oct 23, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
It comes from a racist piece of shit "Dan the Man" who is so mentally defective that he can't do anything but paste other people's words into Topix.
Whenever he's not saying some racist shit (which IS original to him), he's re-posting somebody else's words.
LOL!
This is called "projection."
It's an immature psychological defense mechanism whereby people accuse others of their own bad traits in order to avoid acknowledging those traits in themselves.
"Projection" up your ass...

With your phoney psychological diagnosis...

You are an anti-social though...I'm sure of that....
You need to get back on your meds and quit mixing them with alchohol
This is especially bad news for a mental case such as yourself
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39908 Oct 23, 2012
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Race Bait ALERT!
Let's see Fast and Furious comes to mind, but hey, what's the big deal about a Border Patrol Agent losing his life? Right Dan? That's what you are really gettting at. The guy was probably a Republican anyway.
Umm, not so much...

----------

Fast And Furious: Issa No Longer Suspicious Holder Knew Of Gunwalking

A day ahead of a vote to find Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) said his committee is no longer even strongly suspicious that highest ranking law enforcement officer in the country knew that guns “walked” during the botched ATF operation known as Fast and Furious.

“During the inception and the participation through the death of Brian Terry, we have no evidence nor do we currently have strong suspicion” that Holder knew of the tactics, Issa said during testimony before the House Rules Committee on Wednesday.

----------

Investigation finds no evidence AG Eric Holder knew of 'Fast and Furious' gun-running sting

A long-awaited report on the U.S. government’s controversial gun-trafficking operation known as “Fast and Furious” released Wednesday found no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder knew of the botched effort to trace the flow of guns to Mexico’s drug cartels prior to its public unraveling in January 2011.

The report by the Justice Department’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz said there is "no evidence that ... Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation" before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011.

----------

Care to try again?
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39909 Oct 23, 2012
The historical records of the Navy show that in 1916, the Navy had 245 ships. This was also the year that President Woodrow Wilson signed into law the Naval Act of 1916, which put the United States on a crash course to build a world-class navy.

But take a look at some of the types of ships on the list — steel gunboats, torpedo boats and monitors.

These types of boats aren’t on the list anymore. Instead, the current list of Navy ships includes behemoths such as aircraft carriers,“SSBN”(nuclear-powere d, ballistic-missile carrying submarines) and “SSGN”(cruise-missile submarines).

In other words, this is an apples-and-oranges comparison.

The current level of ships, 285 in fiscal 2011, is actually not even the lowest since 1916. The historical list shows that the lowest ship force was reached during the Bush administration, when the number of ships fell to 278 in 2007. Given the change over time in the composition of the naval force, that probably is the most relevant comparison — and the trend line is up.

Romney was clueless again..........We have more Navy ships now than we did during the Bush years..HAAAAAAAAA!

Romney just cant keep his foot outta his mouth.LOL!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#39910 Oct 23, 2012
someone needs to let obummer know the marines still use bayonetes, unless your protecting an ambassador and then you get a gun with no bullets or bayonete. keep slurping that stupid no-zinger cause your hero ozero looked like a third grader last night. i was waiting for the "your mamma" jokes but it never happened.

so sad to see the president looking so angry last night. really a pitiful sight to behold, but deep down he knows he is gonna lose cause a four year failure does not get elected for another four years.

anyway foreign affairs are foreign in this election. what people really care about is the economy and ozero has done nothing to help. he has made it worse.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39911 Oct 23, 2012
“We have every two years tests that look at how well our kids are doing. Fourth-graders and eighth-graders are tested in English and math. While I was governor, I was proud that our fourth-graders came out number one of all 50 states in English, and then also in math. And our eighth-graders number one in English and also in math. First time one state had been number one in all four measures. How did we do that? Well, Republicans and Democrats came together on a bipartisan basis to put in place education principles that focused on having great teachers in the classroom.”
— Romney

“But that was 10 years before you took office. And then you cut education spending when you came into office.”
— Obama

As he did during a previous debate, Romney pointed out that Massachusetts students led the nation in standardized test scores for math and reading while he was governor. He is correct, but many educational experts credit the scores to a comprehensive education overhaul that the state began a decade before the Republican presidential candidate became governor. The president mentioned that the reforms pre-dated Romney's term.
Obama also said that Romney reduced education funding when the Republican was governor. Romney did indeed enact cuts to schools while dealing with a fiscal emergency he inherited during his first year in office. He then approved a budget that included $249 million in additional cuts with the first budget he signed. But those reductions were first approved by a veto-proof Democrat-led legislature that essentially called its own shots.— Josh Hicks

Obama was quick on his feet on his one,,,,,,,,,LOL!

Romney will say and do anything to get elected even if it means lying to the American people..
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39913 Oct 23, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>He visited Israel..... in 2008 numbnuts,,,,,go look it up...
youre clueless as always Davey
Ah. Obama visited Israel BEFORE his presidency.

But it seems Obama has never visited our Israeli friends DURING his four year presidency despite being in the neighborhood a few times and his otherwise extensive travels:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presiden...

Obama recently insulted Israel by appearing on numerous television talk shows while lying to Netanyahu that he has no time to meet while in NYC.

Obama's message is clear and unmistakable to American Jewish voters, to our Israeli ally and to those Muslum nations and leaders devoted to Israel's destruction.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39914 Oct 23, 2012
Why is mutt so against teachers, firefighters and first responders?

Why does Romey hate unions?

He'd rather invest in jobs overseas when no unions exist.......more money in his pocket and to create jobs in this country for non union employees.TaxNoMore has no use for unions and neither does Dave Rogers,Boxturd,and Ted the 'Head'. LMAO!
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39915 Oct 23, 2012
boxhard wrote:
someone needs to let obummer know the marines still use bayonetes, unless your protecting an ambassador and then you get a gun with no bullets or bayonete. keep slurping that stupid no-zinger cause your hero ozero looked like a third grader last night. i was waiting for the "your mamma" jokes but it never happened.
so sad to see the president looking so angry last night. really a pitiful sight to behold, but deep down he knows he is gonna lose cause a four year failure does not get elected for another four years.
anyway foreign affairs are foreign in this election. what people really care about is the economy and ozero has done nothing to help. he has made it worse.
Someone needs to let the reactionary right know that the President said, "Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed."

Someone needs to let the reactionary right know the meaning of the word "fewer."

LOL! Stupid wingnuts.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39916 Oct 23, 2012
Was Romney's statement,'Syria is Iran’s only ally in the Arab world. It’s their route to the sea.' his 'I can see Russia from my house.' moment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 12 hr SnackTime 7,341
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Jun 26 Steve Gratman 5
Fill dirt Jun '17 Steve Gratman 6
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '17 olddancemom 4
News 13 nabbed in prostitution bust (Mar '08) Jun '17 Anonymous 46
News Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jun '17 Fitus T Bluster 378
News Photos: Annual shearing day at Littlestown alpacaa May '17 Fitus busted sphi... 2

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages