Who do you support for Governor in Pe...

“ONE LOVE...ONE HORSE”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#39861 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
As a general rule of thumb, it's a good idea to avoid calling a black man a "chimp," particularly when he's the President of the United States.
Or did you do that on purpose?
Just more proof of whats really driving some folks to vote for Romney...
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39862 Oct 23, 2012
SALT LAKE TRIBUNE – UTAH’S LARGEST NEWSPAPER – ENDORSES OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55019844...

FROM UTAH:

"...as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"

"The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is ...shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.

"More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs. To claim, as Romney does, that he would offset his tax and spending cuts (except for billions more for the military) by doing away with tax deductions and exemptions is utterly meaningless without identifying which and how many would get the ax. Absent those specifics, his promise of a balanced budget simply does not pencil out.

"If this portrait of a Romney willing to say anything to get elected seems harsh, we need only revisit his branding of 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, yet feel victimized and entitled to government assistance. His job, he told a group of wealthy donors, "is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives....."See More
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39863 Oct 23, 2012
Romney is shiftier than Tricky Dick. The President would need another 90 minutes just to show all of Romney's stances from 2007 to now. BTW: I love how Romney said he worked well with the MA legislature. Does 800+ vetoes sound like he was frustrated, instead? I hope folks can wake up; this man has absolutely NO principals and will simply be a signature for all of the tea party legislation coming out of Congress. Please reject this man and keep him unemployed!
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39864 Oct 23, 2012
You veterans, you retirees, you people on Social Security, to Romney you don't count.

SHOW HIM YOU DO AND VOTE FOR OBAMA - AND GET THIS DISGUSTING CONGRESS OUT OF OFFICE.

Do you know what the Republicans did recently? They stalled a jobs bill for veterans for over a year. And then when it finally passed after several letters written to this Congress that had sent it off to a "study" committee to be stalled, the Republicans in the Senate fillibustered it after it passed. Don't believe me, then how about your own eyes. Here's the link:

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/20/sen_coburn_bl...

and then there's the bill that would have stopped the shipping of our jobs overseas:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/...
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39866 Oct 23, 2012
A Talking Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more proof of whats really driving some folks to vote for Romney...
96% of blacks voted for Obama in 2008.

"Just more proof of whats really driving some folks to vote for" Obama.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39868 Oct 23, 2012
Percentage of the African American vote:

1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%

African Americans vote for Democrats. It's the policies that drive them, just like every other group of Americans.
Levit

Anaheim, CA

#39872 Oct 23, 2012
“What is Truth?” An ancient question asked by Pilate years ago. We know what it is, as generally accepted – a few so-called facts which in a thousand years will all be contradicted, mixed up with a few finite opinions propounded by unstable-minded men. In brief, Truth, according to the world, is simply what ever the world is pleased to consider as Truth for the time being. It is a somewhat slight thing to stake one’s immortal destinies upon! Yet, we do it all of the time, and without question. There are those who believe Fox news, without question – those who believe all people who are not white are not equal, without question – those who believe there own opinions, without question, etc. The truth is: We all need to stop judging and start learning.
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39873 Oct 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Percentage of the African American vote:
1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%
African Americans vote for Democrats. It's the policies that drive them, just like every other group of Americans.
2008 Barack Hussein Obama 96% John McCain 4%

Hmmm.

The data hints that anywhere from 6% to 13%--minimally--of blacks voted for Obama simply BECAUSE he was black.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39877 Oct 23, 2012
The president's comments on what he saw and learned during his visit to Israel provided one of the most moving moments during the three debates. He told us that he went to Israel and learned something of its history and why we have a special relationship with this country. He deftly reminded us that Romney never left the King David Hotel during his visit; he met with donors and made offensive remarks about the deficiencies of Israel's enemies. Four years ago Obama began with no first-hand experience in foreign relations, but he has shown an impressive capacity to learn and grow, and he has underlying principles to guide him. That is what his comments on Israel last light demonstrated for me.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39879 Oct 23, 2012
It’s critical that the voters differentiate between the far more practical specifics of President Obama’s established foreign policy (and domestic policy) and goals he elucidated in the third presidential debate than the high sounding, political rhetoric of Mitt Romney that shifts constantly and who now has become the "peace candidate." How many times did he say "peace" last night? Mitt Romney can cut a deal, but he isn’t the type of businessman America needs today.“Twelve million jobs” he repeated again last night, but he didn’t make clear how he would do it. Mitt Romney can also belittle the US as he did when he said the US economy is like the failed Greek economy. We were much closer to Greece in 2008 than we are today and our Great Recession hurt Greece too. The reality is that President Obama, with whatever criticisms can be leveled against him, has brought our country back from the brink of disaster and is moving the economy forward.

After watching the third debate, and reading this article and others in the NY Times, I believe I have a better perspective on the election. I am convinced that Mitt Romney is a salesman in search of a plan for America. Because of President Obama’s proven record of success, even though it may not meet all our hopes, I think he is the better candidate and the voters should give him four more years to complete the job.
aqoru

Clearfield, PA

#39880 Oct 23, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
SALT LAKE TRIBUNE – UTAH’S LARGEST NEWSPAPER – ENDORSES OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/55019844...
FROM UTAH:
"...as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"
"The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is ...shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.
"More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs. To claim, as Romney does, that he would offset his tax and spending cuts (except for billions more for the military) by doing away with tax deductions and exemptions is utterly meaningless without identifying which and how many would get the ax. Absent those specifics, his promise of a balanced budget simply does not pencil out.
"If this portrait of a Romney willing to say anything to get elected seems harsh, we need only revisit his branding of 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, yet feel victimized and entitled to government assistance. His job, he told a group of wealthy donors, "is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives....."See More


Do you ever post your own opinions. Most of what you post is news I've already read. Could you make a comment so your opinion can be debated? This is a site set up for debating and sharing opinions isn't it? I don't understand what your purpose is to just copy and paste old news, explain please?
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39881 Oct 23, 2012
Looking at yesterday's debate and at the many earlier conflicting positions the Governor quietly shifted or even blatantly reversed for reasons of expediency and convenience, one can only come to this conclusion:

The Governor learnt the wrong lesson from his father's defeat at the hands of former-VP Richard Nixon during the Republican nomination for the Presidential election of 1968. According to his Wikipedia biography, the one pivotal statement which prompted Gov. George Romney's loss was the following, made on August 31, 1967:

"When I came back from Viet Nam [in November 1965], I'd just had the greatest brainwashing that anybody can get." He then shifted to opposing the war: "I no longer believe that it was necessary for us to get involved in South Vietnam to stop Communist aggression in Southeast Asia," he declared. Decrying the "tragic" conflict, he urged "a sound peace in South Vietnam at an early time."

Yesterday's debate performance by Gov. Mitt Romney convinced me that rather than valuing his father's ability to believe in and defend principled positions, he came to the conclusion that the only shame there can ever be is in losing: As long as the goal is to "win," you can always count on Governor Mitt Romney to say anything to get there by any means necessary.

For reference, Gov. George Romney's Wikipedia page can be accessed at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Romney_pr...
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39883 Oct 23, 2012
Romney was a different Mitt. He is a mystery to us including his new
distracting smile.

President Obama's knowledge of foreign affairs was proven last night. Romney got lost in his geography. Mitt was not the war-monger he has been at times.

Mitt said China is the leader in manufacturing not America. He startled us.

This week, Bain Capital, which Mitt founded, is outsourcing to China 170 more US jobs from a plant in Illinois, closing, a plant in Kentucky outsourcing the jobs to China. Romney receives a good share of Bain Bain profits annually and for life, deposited in his foreign accounts.

The plant operated 3-shifts a day, had a 50% increase in profit, highest quality. Bain closed it because China pays workers 99 cents an hour. Engineers worked there for 33 years. They are out of work without
remuneration. They asked to meet with Mitt. No answer.

The president has had no part in outsourcing jobs to China. His goal is
to save and increase jobs as his saving auto jobs in Detroit proves which Mitt disagreed with.

The NYTimes account of the debate is a partial overview. The concluding paragraph startled us. We expected the article to jump to page 3. What happened? It is well written--but incomplete.

We wanted more. That is fine if you are a stage performer but in journalism --it is not helpful or welcome.

We cannot say --wait until the next debate because this third debate was the last debate.

The president pleased us. Mitt was Mitt --a disappointment again.
Mutt vs Mitt

West Mifflin, PA

#39884 Oct 23, 2012
aqoru wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever post your own opinions. Most of what you post is news I've already read. Could you make a comment so your opinion can be debated? This is a site set up for debating and sharing opinions isn't it? I don't understand what your purpose is to just copy and paste old news, explain please?
MY one opinion is only one vote,I express comments for thousands of voters that will NOT vote for a tea bagging flip flopper.HAA!!!
Keep trying there Davey.....keep slurping up that Romney nut juice......LOL!
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39885 Oct 23, 2012
Esquire/Yahoo Poll

Is there anyone you personally know who will not vote for Obama solely because he's an African American?
Yes - 26%

----------

So maybe Obama gains some percentage of African Americans because he's black.

That's more than offset by people who will NOT vote for him because he's black.

Claiming that it's some sort of ADVANTAGE to run for President as a black man shows a profound ignorance of American history and more than a little bigotry.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39886 Oct 23, 2012
Will Blacks Vote for Obama “Because He’s Black”?

The idea that blacks support Obama just because he’s black is itself racist because it suggests a lack of political sophistication and brain power, as if blacks would vote for anyone who shares their skin color, even though most blacks didn’t support Herman Cain, Allen West, Alan Keyes and don’t respect Clarence Thomas. And the question ignores the nuances of reality.

Yes Obama’s blackness is part of why many blacks support him. Another reason is Obama’s policies: saving Detroit, supporting universal health care, and fighting to protect the social safety net and a woman’s right to choose will win lots of black votes.
...
In order to think blacks reflexively support Obama because of race you have to ignore so much evidence. You have to close your eyes to his black critics from the brilliant Cornel West to Michael Jones, the undecided voter at the debate who asked why he should vote for him, to the clueless Stacey Dash.

You also have to believe that whites never take race into account which would suggest that the Bradley Effect doesn’t exist and demand you dismiss a recent Esquire Magazine/Yahoo poll in which 26% of respondents said they personally know someone who’s not voting for Obama simply because he’s black.

- Toure, TIME Magazine, October 19, 2012
aqoru

Clearfield, PA

#39887 Oct 23, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
The president's comments on what he saw and learned during his visit to Israel provided one of the most moving moments during the three debates. He told us that he went to Israel and learned something of its history and why we have a special relationship with this country. He deftly reminded us that Romney never left the King David Hotel during his visit; he met with donors and made offensive remarks about the deficiencies of Israel's enemies. Four years ago Obama began with no first-hand experience in foreign relations, but he has shown an impressive capacity to learn and grow, and he has underlying principles to guide him. That is what his comments on Israel last light demonstrated for me.
Obama never visited Israel. Where is the source for your information?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#39888 Oct 23, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
2008 Barack Hussein Obama 96% John McCain 4%
Doesn't John McCain have a middle name?

Is it a secret?

Why would someone make it a point to use the President's middle name but not the man he defeated?

Hmmm.
aqoru

Clearfield, PA

#39889 Oct 23, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text> MY one opinion is only one vote,I express comments for thousands of voters that will NOT vote for a tea bagging flip flopper.HAA!!!
Keep trying there Davey.....keep slurping up that Romney nut juice......LOL!


Davey?

Where did you post your one opinion?

You're one ignorant poster to post the garbage in your last sentence.
This is no way to debate.
Ted

Nanty Glo, PA

#39890 Oct 23, 2012
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
...Because of President Obama’s proven record of success...
LOL

Obama's Incredibly Incompetent Presidency
* Unemployment over 8 percent for 98% of Obama's presidency.
* The United States debt is $16 trillion.
* Obama has added 5 TRILLION dollars to that national debt in less than four years
* Obama's 'budget' spends 1.1 TRILLION dollars more than it takes in
* A new entitlement passed that is now forecasted to cost more than $1.7 trillion during the next 10 years.
* 46 million people are receiving food stamps.
* A loss in the net worth of a majority of Americans.
* No plan submitted to save Social Security or Medicare.
* 14 million people are projected to lose their employer-sponsored health care.
* Gas prices are $4 a gallon.
* College tuition is up over 8 percent in 2011.
* Foreign policy that has created a Middle East crisis and puts the United States and American lives at risk.
* The current low level of economic growth under Obama's 'leadership' threatens another recession.
* Real disposable income was down 3.1% in the second quarter of 2012.
* 23 MILLION Americans unemployed or underemployed

THIS is what Obama supporters refer to as his "proven record of success."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Dec 7 You are a loser 7,192
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages