Ron Paul 2012

Greencastle, PA

#39755 Oct 21, 2012
I'm writing in Ron Paul!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#39756 Oct 21, 2012
Revenge of the Soccer Moms: Why Are Women Abandoning Obama?

http://news.yahoo.com/revenge-soccer-moms-why...

Remember the War on Women?

A few months ago, it seemed like the battle for women's votes was one Democrats had decisively won. While (male) Republican politicians talked about transvaginal ultrasounds, legitimate rape and the like, Democrats laughed all the way to the bank. President Obama's steady double-digit leads with women in poll after poll were a major reason he stayed ahead of Mitt Romney for months on end.

Then suddenly, a couple of weeks ago, Obama's edge with women began to melt away.

More than any other group, women have accounted for Romney's surge in the polls, which has now given him a slim lead in the national popular vote and in some calculations of the electoral college.

Women, it appeared, were not as firmly ensconced in Obama's camp as they had seemed. Indeed, they were abandoning the president en masse.

Latest Politics Posts:

The evidence that Obama finds himself bleeding women's votes can be seen in how aggressively his campaign has sought to steer the conversation back to women's issues.

Campaigning a few miles from here on Friday, Obama stood at a podium flanked by "Women's Health Security" banners; he was introduced by Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, and spoke against a backdrop of risers filled exclusively with women, holding turquoise "FORWARD." signs.

In a new Romney ad this week, a woman googles the claims Obama has made about Romney's abortion stance, only to find out they're not true. Romney's stated position is that abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and incest and when the woman's life is at stake; he has said he would like to see Roe v. Wade overturned.

Already, the Obama campaign -- which has been airing abortion-themed commercials in swing states since June -- is out with another ad responding to Romney's response on the issue.

The recent fluidity of the women's vote, and the renewed struggle it has sparked, raises a question: Why, at this late hour of the campaign, when the vast majority of voters have made up their minds, are so many women still apparently open to changing their minds?

Why was their onetime loyalty to Obama so weak?

Will the president's forceful new emphasis on women's issues, particularly reproductive issues, bring them back -- or are they gone for good?

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#39758 Oct 21, 2012
You will fall for any thing, huh? Tea bag racist warrior?

Seattle, WA

#39762 Oct 21, 2012
Mutts Binder wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Well of course they are going to say nice things about him, thats why they are on his website.LOL!
You think some woman is going to bad mouth Mutt then he puts it on his website HAAAAAA! Keep sippin that Mutt nut juice..
Dont forget a womens group came up to the Governor race back then and handed both candidates the famous "binder of women".....LMAO
What really makes it interesting is he puts a black lady on to talk so he does appear a racist....LMAO
One of your previous posts said there was nothing about this on Romney's site. Was it a lie you posted or failure to read what you copy and paste? You're still an immature punk, correct dude? LMAO
Steeler Fan

Greencastle, PA

#39763 Oct 21, 2012
Steelers beat Bengals 24-17! Hoo! Hoo! Houston drubs Baltimore 43-13!
Really

Clearfield, PA

#39764 Oct 21, 2012
With the election over, November 6th officially making Romney President what will you liberals on here be doing? I hope you will stick around for a day or so. I want to say I told you so. LMAO
Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

#39765 Oct 22, 2012
Really wrote:
With the election over, November 6th officially making Romney President what will you liberals on here be doing? I hope you will stick around for a day or so. I want to say I told you so. LMAO
we conservatives will be doing the ass to mouth thumb switch after Romney's defeat.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...

Seattle, WA

#39766 Oct 22, 2012
President Barack Obama has, once again, misled Americans when it comes to the issue of Planned Parenthood and what legitimate health care it does or doesn’t provide.

During Tuesday night’s debate, Obama falsely claimed the abortion company does mammograms. It does not.

“There are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings,” Obama claimed.

When the Komen Foundation announced in February that it would no longer provide grants to Planned Parenthood—partly due to the fact that Planned Parenthood does not directly provide mammograms – its ideological and political supporters sprang into action. They decried Komen’s decision to eliminate funding for this imagined provider of mammograms. Planned Parenthood’s Executive Director, Cecile Richards,, made the claim. So did President Obama. And an unsuspecting public was led to believe that such bold claims, by people who should know, must be true.

Planned Parenthood itself has admitted that it does not perform mammograms for women — something the Komen for the Cure breast cancer charity confirmed last year.

LifeNews.com and pro-life blogger Jill Stanek followed up with phone calls to various Planned Parenthood centers and confirmed they do not do mammograms.

Then, the organization Live Action released videotaped footage of calls to 30 Planned Parenthood centers nationwide in 27 different states where abortion facility staff were asked whether or not mammograms could be performed on site. Every one of the Planned Parenthood centers admitted they could not do mammograms. Every Planned Parenthood, without exception, tells the women calling that they will have to go elsewhere for a mammogram, and many clinics admit that no Planned Parenthood clinics provide this breast cancer screening procedure.

“We don’t provide those services whatsoever,” admits a staffer at Planned Parenthood of Arizona while a staffer at Planned Parenthood’s Comprehensive Health Center clinic in Overland Park, Kansas tells a caller,“We actually don’t have a, um, mammogram machine, at our clinics.”

Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director in Texas, also condemned Planned Parenthood’s misleading statements on mammograms.

Seattle, WA

#39767 Oct 22, 2012
Last month, on the eleventh anniversary of September 11, 2001, our nation mourned the deaths of United States Ambassador Chris Stevens and three Foreign Service agents who were brutally murdered in a horrific attack in Benghazi, Libya. This event marks the first time an American Ambassador has been killed defending American values since 1979, under the failed leadership of President Jimmy Carter. To make matters worse, the Administration took no responsibility for the lack of security in Libya; instead, they blamed a clip of a movie on the Internet. They sent U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice to appear on various Sunday morning news shows to tell the American public that all this happened because of a video.

Nearly a month later, we find out that this was a blatant misrepresentation. However, the Administration again takes no responsibility, instead placing the blame on the intelligence community for giving them bad information. They blame the people who have dedicated their lives to keeping America safe. They blame the intelligence community even though it is known that Under Secretary of State for Management, Patrick Kennedy, told Congressional staff on September 13 that, because of the extensive nature of the attack and the proliferation of small and medium weapons, his opinion was that the attack was planned.

Seattle, WA

#39768 Oct 22, 2012
Wilson Statement on September Jobs Report

Columbia, SC, Oct 5 -

Congressman Joe Wilson (SC-02) released the following statement after the Bureau of Labor Statistics released its latest jobs report for the month of September 2012:

“When the President lobbied for his nearly trillion dollar stimulus plan, he promised America, that with its passage, unemployment would be at 5.6% by September 2012. For the first time since January 2009, our nation’s unemployment rate has dropped below eight percent. Although this offers encouragement, it does not take into account the millions of Americans who have removed themselves from the workforce because they have given up hope in finding a job or the hundreds of thousands who are only working part-time.

“The President’s policies have driven our nation farther into debt with little improvement; our national debt is now 80% of GDP. Our country is in dire need of real leadership. American families have been at a stalemate for the past three and a half years. Mothers and fathers are beginning to give up hope that they will find employment and be able to provide for their families. Recent college graduates are not able to find jobs that will utilize the skill set learned in the classroom. Our country needs a new path with goals and ideas that promote job creation and prosperity, rather than hinder economic growth.

“House Republicans have a clear vision of what our country needs to produce jobs and spur economic growth. Over the past year and a half, Congress has passed dozens of bi-partisan legislation aimed to reduce government regulations, allowing America’s small businesses to create jobs. It is my hope that the liberal-controlled Senate and President Obama will begin to consider these job-creating pieces of legislation and help put American back on the path to economic success.”

Seattle, WA

#39769 Oct 22, 2012
America Needs Real Solutions for Economic Recovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

President's Lack of Leadership Is Endangering American Families

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Sequestration Report Shows Lack of Leadership

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
Dan the Man

Reading, PA

#39770 Oct 22, 2012
Really wrote:
I remember seeing these same comments on here from your side before the election back in 2008. LOL!
The Great Gadsby

Newark, NJ

#39771 Oct 22, 2012
Ron Paul 2012 wrote:
I'm writing in Ron Paul!
Good for you...finaly made a decision.

Wow....

Portland, Oregon

#39781 Oct 22, 2012
That racist warrior tea bag yap yap is sure funny, ha ha ha ha ha but your problem is Ohio for president Obama.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#39782 Oct 22, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember seeing these same comments on here from your side before the election back in 2008. LOL!
Grow your own identity, troll.

Portland, Oregon

#39784 Oct 22, 2012
The tea bag racist warrior must be taking it hard that president Obama is winning in Ohio so in his dillusional pea brain with the aide of mental health drugs that must not be reality. You keep that false hope alive tea bag

Portland, Oregon

#39785 Oct 22, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha a just another dumb ass tea bag
Really

Clearfield, PA

#39786 Oct 22, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember those same comments, but they weren't mine. I knew McCain never had a chance. No republican could win in 2008.

This year the main issue is the economy and Obama failed there. It doesn't matter who, how or what party affected our economy. Obama was elected because he promised to fix the economy in his first term, never happened. People don't believe him, don't trust him don't like were he has taken America or where its headed.

Bottom line is whatever happens during a presidents term good or bad for America he gets the credit, positive or negative.

Obama and the democratic party have blamed, lied, deceived, misled, protected Holder, forced Obama-care onto the people, to many regulations on business and the list goes on. You can deny all this, point out truth from lies it just doesn't matter....Obama gets the credit. People want change, the same as they did when Bush was in office. Romney was not the best candidate for the republicans, but that's who they got. I feel many of those voting for Romney are actually voting against Obama...lessor of the two evils.

Obama is going to need a miracle to happen tonight during the debate. I don't see it happening. He will need to beat Romney hands down, a tie will not benefit him.

Polls, most polls show Obama leading with electoral votes. Most of those polls are from liberal sources.

November 6th will be the day Romney is elected President and I predict a landslide victory.
Dan the Man

Reading, PA

#39787 Oct 22, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow your own identity, troll.
Get bent, troll.

Portland, Oregon

#39788 Oct 22, 2012
Really, your flipper needs Ohio but your tea bag ignorance can pretend that ain't true so please do that. I know that makes it easier for you to sleep at night. The president will win Ohio so do prey for your corporate god

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 9 hr HMO nibblers 5,569
pump it powder (Jan '12) Mon askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:04PM
Ravens Can't Let Banged Up Secondary Derail Playoff Hopes
CBS Sports 1:47 PM
Troy Aikman was offered Eagles QB job while announcing game in 2002
Bleacher Report 3:17 PM
Will the Eagles Regret Not Shaking Things Up Secondary?
Yahoo! Sports 3:29 PM
Dumervil, Suggs provide 1-2 punch for sack-happy Ravens
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick