Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39339 Oct 17, 2012
Come on Taxnomore join in on the breakfast club discussion.........you sleep too late
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39340 Oct 17, 2012
At least some people closely watching the contest — those betting money on the election’s outcome — did offer a kind of consensus view: President Obama soundly beat expectations in his second contest against Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

During the course of the night, at three sites where participants essentially bet on who will win, shifts in wagering reflected the fact that the perceived odds in favor of Obama winning election were rising.

The votes on well-known political betting site Intrade.com reflected a jump in the president’s chances from 61.7 percent just before the debate to 64.1 percent shortly afterward.

LQQK HERE:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39341 Oct 17, 2012
Similar jumps could be seen in other markets, too. At the betting site Betfair.com , the president’s chances jumped 2.7 percentage points during that period, and on the Iowa Electronic Markets, run out of the University of Iowa, his chances were up about 2.4 percentage points in that time frame.

LQQK HERE:

TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39342 Oct 17, 2012
Shortly after the debate, CNN announced that its polling of 457 registered voters who watched the debate showed that 46 percent thought Obama won the debate and 39 percent thought Romney won. But that poll had a plus-minus margin of error of 4.5 percentage points. And in contrast to the headline numbers, most thought Romney would do a better job handling key issues such as the economy and taxes.

LQQK HERE:
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39343 Oct 17, 2012
I found the most surprising element in the debate to be Romney's profusely perspiring face. He appeared at times to be on the verge of a seizure.

Maybe, after Obama's superlative comeback, Mitt has good reason to sweat.
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39344 Oct 17, 2012
The question to Romney was:'How are you different than George W. Bush?'
And Obama brilliantly turned it against Romney.
Romney is different than George because Romney is even more extreme on social issues.(George never promised to shut down Planned Parenthood...).
Not different because his economic policies are the same.

Romney called out for erroneous commentary of O's speech in the Rose Garden by O and the moderator. Who can really believe this guy on anything? I thought it was quite a tell for the public. Hard to believe the electorate can fall for his 100% line after seeing him lie on the spot. Quite humorous actually to see him reveling in what he thought was an O blunder when it was he who was the blunderer!
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39345 Oct 17, 2012
Mutt came across as elderly and a liar. To be proven a liar in front of the whole world, sealed the deal for the POTUS. willard looked pathetic. He doesn't have a reason to be POTUS except that he feels entitled

Yeahhhhh babyy!!!!!!!
TaxMeMore Plan

West Mifflin, PA

#39346 Oct 17, 2012
Religious Republican zombies are coming out of the woodwork -- descending on America! Scary or what?
Romney; would be the equivalent to the Taliban -- in his treatment to the gay community -- with his extreme cultist attitude … if ever elected!
Religion; is the biggest bully on the block!
IRS codes prohibit churches from endorsing or opposing political candidates!
The IRS … should immediately tax churches -- that break that rule!
Churches -- are opposing gay rights -- based on a cult! Tax them or shut them down!
Roman Catholic; Baptist & Mormon churches who were involved in Proposition 8; against the gay community – should be shut down immediately and/or have their tax exemption status revoked!
Church manses; mansions; corporate jets and Christian college campuses … should face taxes or be shut down -- based on corruption and/or being involved in cultism!
Mormons are nothing more than homophobic bigots and lustful religious lunatics; who harvested women … attempting to scrutinize themselves; into eternity – without success!

Obama should be praised for standing up for human rights … by supporting the gay community! To see the religious lunatics try to manipulate government and our lives – is
shameful.
Romney as President; would mean the darkest & meanest period in the United States of America’s history. Homophobic -- witchcraft would rule the government from Rome & Salt Lake City …!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#39347 Oct 17, 2012
El negrito offered nothing ... four more years of the same ... failure. Romney parsed and listed the failures and the lies and the incompetency of Da Bammy. Well done!
Go ahead. suckers, vote to return the Failure-in-Chief, then sit back and wonder what the hell happened. America will then deserve to fail.
Romney/Ryan 2012

Worth repeating ... America will deserve to fail.

LOL
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#39349 Oct 17, 2012
LOL wrote:
El negrito offered nothing ... four more years of the same ... failure. Romney parsed and listed the failures and the lies and the incompetency of Da Bammy. Well done!
Go ahead. suckers, vote to return the Failure-in-Chief, then sit back and wonder what the hell happened. America will then deserve to fail.
Romney/Ryan 2012
Worth repeating ... America will deserve to fail.
LOL
One way to tell how desperate the right is by how quickly they slide into racist commentary.

And this jackass is obviously VERY desperate.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#39350 Oct 17, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
One way to tell how desperate the right is by how quickly they slide into racist commentary.
And this jackass is obviously VERY desperate.
Yes, you are.

LOL

Worth repeating: If Da Bammy is re-elected, America deserves to fail.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#39351 Oct 17, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are.
LOL
Worth repeating: If Da Bammy is re-elected, America deserves to fail.
Worth repeating: your posts are racist.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#39357 Oct 17, 2012
Latest swing state polls:

New Hampshire: Obama 50%, Romney 49%(Rasmussen)

Nevada: Obama 48%, Romney 45%(SurveyUSA)

Colorado: Romney 48%, Obama 47%(We Ask America)

Colorado: Obama 50%, Romney 45%(YouGov)

Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 47%(YouGov)

Iowa: Obama 49%, Romney 46%(We Ask America)

Iowa: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(YouGov)

Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 45%(YouGov)

New Hampshire: Obama 47%, Romney 47%(Suffolk)

North Carolina: Romney 49%, Obama 48%(YouGov)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(YouGov)

Pennsylvania: Obama 50%, Romney 46%(Quinnipiac)

Pennsylvania: Obama 51%, Romney 45%(YouGov)

Virginia: Obama 46%, Romney 45%(YouGov)
West Mifflin Homo

Clearfield, PA

#39358 Oct 17, 2012
By scoring big on the economy, gas prices, and Libya, Romney continued his victorious string of debate wins. He looked more presidential than Obama did and showed himself to be an articulate, capable, attractive, compassionate leader with sound ideas.

Obama came over as boorish and Biden-esque. He did not learn from his Vice President’s mistakes. When a president gets into a bar room brawl, he loses his dignity and his aura, key assets for an incumbent. Romney was polite but firm. Obama seemed quarrelsome, frustrated, nasty, and cranky.

But the key reason for the Romney win was substantive:

1. Romney made very clear the case against Obama’s economic record and Obama’s rebuttal about 5 million jobs was pathetic.

2. Romney injected the China issue, big time, and tapped into a strong public sentiment on the issue.

3. Romney made the effective case that Obama is anti-oil, coal, and gas and that this has doubled gas prices.

4. Romney was very effective in differentiating himself from Bush-43 and in establishing that, unlike the GOP of the past, he was for small businesses not big businesses

5. Romney rebutted the attacks on him over Chinese investments.

6. Romney explained his tax plan well and to everyone’s satisfaction.

7. Obama erred in trying to make us believe that he always felt Libya was a terror attack. We all heard him blame the movie.

Obama scored points over the 47% statement by Romney, immigration, and by his response to the accusation that he went to Vegas after the murder of the Ambassador.

But this debate goes to Romney. It seals his momentum and will lead to a big win.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#39359 Oct 17, 2012
West Mifflin Homo wrote:
By scoring big on the economy, gas prices, and Libya, Romney continued his victorious string of debate wins. He looked more presidential than Obama did and showed himself to be an articulate, capable, attractive, compassionate leader with sound ideas.
Obama came over as boorish and Biden-esque. He did not learn from his Vice President’s mistakes. When a president gets into a bar room brawl, he loses his dignity and his aura, key assets for an incumbent. Romney was polite but firm. Obama seemed quarrelsome, frustrated, nasty, and cranky.
1. Romney made very clear the case against Obama’s economic record and Obama’s rebuttal about 5 million jobs was pathetic.
2. Romney injected the China issue, big time, and tapped into a strong public sentiment on the issue.
3. Romney made the effective case that Obama is anti-oil, coal, and gas and that this has doubled gas prices.
4. Romney was very effective in differentiating himself from Bush-43 and in establishing that, unlike the GOP of the past, he was for small businesses not big businesses
7. Obama erred in trying to make us believe that he always felt Libya was a terror attack. We all heard him blame the movie.
Obama scored points over the 47% statement by Romney, immigration, and by his response to the accusation that he went to Vegas after the murder of the Ambassador.
But this debate goes to Romney. It seals his momentum and will lead to a big win.
ROFLMAO!

This makes me think of somebody else who used to make similarly bold and delusional pronouncements of victory.

Remember these?

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."

"They tried to bring a small number of tanks and personnel carriers in through al-Durah but they were surrounded and most of their infidels had their throats cut."

"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

"On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues"

"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."

"We defeated them yesterday. God willing, I will provide you with more information. I swear by God, I swear by God, those who are staying in Washington and London have thrown these mercenaries in a crematorium."

"You can go and visit those places. Nothing there, nothing at all. There are Iraqi checkpoints. Everything is okay."

"This boa, the American columns, are being besieged between Basra and other towns north, west, south and west of Basra....Now even the American command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there."

"By God, I think this is rather very unlikely. This is merely a prattle. The fact is that as soon as they reach Baghdad gates, we will besiege them and slaughter them....Wherever they go they will find themselves encircled."

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."

"Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds.... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues."

"Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."

Dick Morris = Baghdad Bob

LMAO!
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#39360 Oct 17, 2012
West Mifflin Homo wrote:
ROFLMAO!

This makes me think of somebody else who used to make similarly bold and delusional pronouncements of victory.

Remember these?

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."

"They tried to bring a small number of tanks and personnel carriers in through al-Durah but they were surrounded and most of their infidels had their throats cut."

"We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."

"On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues"

"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."

"We defeated them yesterday. God willing, I will provide you with more information. I swear by God, I swear by God, those who are staying in Washington and London have thrown these mercenaries in a crematorium."

"You can go and visit those places. Nothing there, nothing at all. There are Iraqi checkpoints. Everything is okay."

"This boa, the American columns, are being besieged between Basra and other towns north, west, south and west of Basra....Now even the American command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there."

"By God, I think this is rather very unlikely. This is merely a prattle. The fact is that as soon as they reach Baghdad gates, we will besiege them and slaughter them....Wherever they go they will find themselves encircled."

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."

"Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds.... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues."

"Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."

Dick Morris = Baghdad Bob

LMAO!
West Mifflin Homo

Clearfield, PA

#39361 Oct 17, 2012
Earth-sized planet found orbiting Alpha Centauri.

Damn now that I've been found out I will have to leave planet earth. Its been fun but moms calling me home.
Dave Rogers

Biglerville, PA

#39362 Oct 17, 2012
West Mifflin Homo wrote:
What debate did you watch?
West Mifflin Homo

Clearfield, PA

#39363 Oct 17, 2012
Obama says, don't do as I do, do as I say!

CNN: Obama Attacking Private Equity At 6am, Fundraising With Private Equity At 6pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
West Mifflin Homo

Clearfield, PA

#39364 Oct 17, 2012
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 48%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and two percent (2%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Platinum Members can review additional information from the tracking poll on a daily basis.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gallup:

Romney 50%, Obama 46% Among Likely Voters.

Obama down sharply among men, college grads, and Southern voters vs. 2008

by Lydia Saad
PRINCETON, NJ -- Half of likely voters now prefer Mitt Romney for president and 46% back President Barack Obama in Gallup interviewing through Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun Ward Carl Lee 6,022
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Jul 10 Truthfull1 11
Review: Happy Nails Jul 8 George Costanza 2
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun '15 gab 93
Snyder lance May '15 Torts 3
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages