Royal Farms wants to build in Wrightsville

Full story: The York Daily Record

Royal Farms has submitted a building permit and plans for a convenience store in Wrightsville.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eric

Archbald, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Wonderful! I've always thought that what that town of 2,200 or so people needs is ANOTHER convenience store. Minimum wage jobs, light and ground pollution, and processed high-calorie foods? Heck yes! To be fair, there are only two other convenience stores offering the same products within walking distance of each other. Great work, Royal Farms!

Certainly Wrightsville Borough would be foolish to do anything to oppose the plan lest they throw away tax dollars from the newly minted Royalty in town.
Izzy

Wrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Why the hell another convenience store? What the Wrighsville area needs is a big food store with a pharmacy like Giant or another food chain. Probably not enough room on that corner lot but somewhere there has to be room to bring a much needed building to the area. People aren't going to run out of gas in Wrightsville that's for sure.
Wrightsvillin

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Royal runs nice stores and have good food.
Maybe this will get rid of the Sunoco crap
next door. That place isn't worth a dam since
it was sold. The first thing the guy did was
stop buying quality food and bought cheap crap.
Then caused all the good help and cooks to leave.
A giant could be built over from Rutters along the road coming from Rt.30. I don't think Giant
feels you have enough people to suite there
money grubbing requirements.Maybe a Weis markets
or Shurfine. Your town fathers have to get out and beg them to build and offer all kinds of free
goodies for years to entice them.
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

It'll probably take ANOTHER 3+ years just to get it built.
Reality Check

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Wrightsvillin wrote:
A giant could be built over from Rutters along the road coming from Rt.30. I don't think Giant
or Shurfine. Your town fathers have to get out and beg them to build and offer all kinds of free
Wrightsville could use a nice upscale mall. And an industrial park would attract a lot of employers. Perhaps relocating HIA to Wrightsville would be incentive for Giant to locate a new store there. They could build a ballpark down at the waterfront and possibly get Camden to move their team to Wrightsville. This could set up a nice three way rivalry between York, Lancaster and W-ville. We could hold a contest to name the team with the winner getting to throw out the first pitch on opening day. Maybe the Wrightsville River Rats!
Metropolis of Wville

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Paraphrasing Eric: "Wonderful! I've always thought that what that town of 2,200 or so people needs is ANOTHER septic tank in each backyard". W'ville doesn't have enough citizens to even support another cemetery. IF Royal Farms builds, make sure their soda machine or whatever it was, is working properly, so that Councilman doesn't get arrested, again, for ruffing up said machine.
Hoot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

Time to evolve people...The USA is the land of opportunity and if you had the resources you would try to make as much as you could just like all of the convenience stores. And by the way, competition is what will keep the prices down for you. Welcome to Wrightsville, Royal Farms!
DARK STAR

Mount Wolf, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

We could certainly use a Royal Farms here In
Wildcat Hollow.
Wrightsvillin

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

Hoot wrote:
Time to evolve people...The USA is the land of opportunity and if you had the resources you would try to make as much as you could just like all of the convenience stores. And by the way, competition is what will keep the prices down for you. Welcome to Wrightsville, Royal Farms!
Competition will keep prices down my A$$. Not at convience stores !!!
Concerned

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

I have concerns about the traffic patterns at that location. If Royal Farms buys the Sunoco, then I think it can work. Otherwise, people are going to die from accidents in front of that place. I have seen too many NJ trash trucks and County-Line Quarry trucks roaring through that intersection to 'beat the light'. Can you imagine what 20-30 tons of stone in a speeding triaxle would do to a car pulling out from there?
That Simple

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

Wrightsvillin wrote:
<quoted text>
Competition will keep prices down my A$$. Not at convience stores !!!
Correct, that why you idiots should not buy at convenience stores!
royalfarmsbroast edchicken

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

Why do these people want to get in the way of progress?Why can't royal farms build a store?Don't you people believe in the free market system?
Hoot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

royalfarmsbroastedchicken wrote:
Why do these people want to get in the way of progress?Why can't royal farms build a store?Don't you people believe in the free market system?
Obviously not. And they don't believe in spell check either!
George

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Survival of the fittest in the business world! The better stores will remain!
Wrightsville Resident

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

All I have to say, is I would rather see a brand new convenience store on that corner then that trashy building that was there.
royalfarmsbroast edchicken

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

The residents who actually buy food from convenience stores will have a better selection.The other stores just have snacks and roller grill hot dogs.
Chris Hutton

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

royalfarmsbroastedchicken wrote:
The NEW York County Slogan:
YORK: If it's green, we'll pave over it for you!
George

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Chris Hutton wrote:
<quoted text>
The NEW York County Slogan:
YORK: If it's green, we'll pave over it for you!
Actually this location has been paved over for years!
Local town committeeman

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Wrightsvillin wrote:
Unfortunately, most of that land is in Hellam township.
But I'd love to see a small center there, with a quality store like a Giant, a movie theater perhaps (Imax anyone?) Perhaps even a few small specialty shops, and a nice restaurant.(Not another "fried food" restaurant, or "pub" restaurant. We have those. And certainly NOT another pizza place. 3 pizza places in a 2k town?
mee

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

when is the one in Hanover coming

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Global Warming Laugher 3,825
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 5 hr S-L is a scam 5,395
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Jul 28 T Wolf 51,196
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••