Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby homes, legal battle

Full story: Evening Sun

Some residents raised concerns over the safety of shooting fireworks near newly constructed townhouses.
Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whatever

Harrisburg, PA

#43 Jul 4, 2008
I don't care WHERE they set them off from. I was watching from my front porch--nice and dry in my pjs. Fun for me. Nice display.
i seen better

Shippensburg, PA

#44 Jul 5, 2008
fireworks display? what display? i have bigger fireworks display at my house every day. all i have to do is get my wife ticked off an you never seen a bigger display of fire work in your life. mabe i should rent her out to the firework people. an it lasts ahole lot longer then what you people do. my naybors can back me up bout my wife.
no names

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Jul 5, 2008
i seen better wrote:
fireworks display? what display? i have bigger fireworks display at my house every day. all i have to do is get my wife ticked off an you never seen a bigger display of fire work in your life. mabe i should rent her out to the firework people. an it lasts ahole lot longer then what you people do. my naybors can back me up bout my wife.
Perhaps you should go back to W Virginia.
Another Voice

West Chester, PA

#46 Jul 5, 2008
Cowboy 58 wrote:
<quoted text>
From Center Square in Hanover, Take Broadway North (Route 194) to a right turn on Wilson Ave. Left on Moul Ave.
I sure hope nobody tried to follow your directions to Moul Field. I could agree if you would have said turn "right" on Moul Ave.
A much better direction would have been to tell someone to turn right off of Broadway at McKinley Ave and this would have taken you directly to Moul Field at the end of the street.
Sold

Hanover, PA

#47 Jun 13, 2010
More like 50 sold. Thank you..
new

San Francisco, CA

#48 Jun 29, 2010
the fireworks do get set off at Moul Field. I live on E Walnut and watch them from my front yard. They may not be spectacular but they are fireworks nonetheless. It's a pain to live right by the field because of rude people. we end up getting blocked in every yr because someone feels its ok to park in front of driveways in the alley
Sweet Girl

York, PA

#49 Jul 2, 2010
WOW, This is my first time on here and all you people do is jump down each others throats! One person says something, and another puts what they say down. And then another puts that one down. Kinda like a domino effect! Even about the smallest thing like directions! WOW! Not Cool!
Sweet Girl

York, PA

#50 Jul 2, 2010
I am not from Littlestown! I don't know why it says that! I'm from Gettysburg.
neighbor in spring grove

Hanover, PA

#51 Jul 4, 2011
keith wrote:
<quoted text>
i checked warm103.com and wgal.com and there is no information about the fireworks. hate to pack up the kids, keep them up late and fight the traffic to find out the fireworks were cancelled. any info would be great. thanks
wgal says that they are at 9:30 403 moul ave.
roostybird

York, PA

#52 Jul 4, 2011
can I see fireworks if I go down route 116 going through Spring Grove and park across from that distribution center or factory or whatever it is...remember being there several years ago but details a little fuzzy...
mordecai

Hanover, PA

#53 Jul 4, 2011
yea u can see um from there
Trucker

Hanover, PA

#54 Jul 5, 2011
You people that think they were in Penn Township should get a County map and olook where the Penn Township/Hanover Boro line is. You will find it is on the south/east side of the tracks and the fireworks were on the north side. To meet Pennsylvania Law regarding firworks aerial displays they must be 450 feet from an occupied building. Were they? Pretty sure they were. Nothing else to debate about for some of you.
frog

Wilmington, DE

#55 Jul 4, 2013
U r all old farts that want to complain fireworks r for the children
Local resident

Shippensburg, PA

#56 Jul 4, 2014
Yes most of the complaining is from people who should of found out more about the community they moved into. It's the same winers that buy a house near an airport and complain about the noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr D Cheney 51,300
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu Ssl 5,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••