Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby homes, legal battle

Full story: Evening Sun

Some residents raised concerns over the safety of shooting fireworks near newly constructed townhouses.
Comments
21 - 40 of 54 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2014
pathetic

United States

#21 Jun 30, 2008
FWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name says it all, that's what you are, pathetic.
There's no need to call names. I didn't say anything like that about anyone else. Why am I the pathetic one? I just want my daughter to pleased with the show that's put on. That's fine if you're able to walk to them and not have to fight for the spot to park...more power to you if you want to go.
Wow

Dundalk, MD

#22 Jun 30, 2008
Best Part wrote:
Well come 7/4 look and see where they will be set up to fire off the fireworks. I am telling you they are going off in Penn Twp. Do you really think Bruce Rebert or the "fire cracker" club (that pays for them) would ever admit or allow any credit to go to anyone else. But let one thing go wrong and see where the fingers point then!
Where are you getting this information?

Since: Jan 08

United States

#23 Jun 30, 2008
I remember when they had them at Wirt Park. You could sit 10 feet away from where they set them off. Some came off sideways and flew right over your head. They set the firehouse roof on fire. That was fun lol.
mom of two

Orrstown, PA

#24 Jun 30, 2008
hanover is full of ball baby know one know how to have fun in this town anymore you can even sit on your front porch with your friends and talk without someone calling the police on you
huh

Harrisburg, PA

#25 Jun 30, 2008
mom of two wrote:
hanover is full of ball baby know one know how to have fun in this town anymore you can even sit on your front porch with your friends and talk without someone calling the police on you
What the heck are you trying to say?
Wow

Dundalk, MD

#26 Jul 1, 2008
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck are you trying to say?
Who knows. I sat on my porch last night and enjoyed a beer while my kids played in the yard. No one called the cops, but maybe it's because I live in a neighborhood where people don't do things that require police attention all the time.
Justin

Morgantown, WV

#27 Jul 1, 2008
mom of two wrote:
seriously... welcome to http://www.HangoverPA.com
Watch this guy

Baltimore, MD

#29 Jul 3, 2008
Butch Hickory wrote:
http://whitepeopleunite.blogsp ot.com/
He's spamming other Topix forums with his racist white power website trying to get people to come to his page. Unless you're into that sort of thing, I suggest you all click the "Report Abuse" link and get him out of your forum so he doesn't stink it up with his Nazi garbage. Don't give him the site traffic he wants.
George

Carlisle, PA

#30 Jul 4, 2008
I'm new in Hanover. Where the heck is Moul Field? You would think a newspaper would say something about where the damned place is. I cannot find "Moul Field" on any map...online or offline.

You people need to think about this sort of thing.
Uncle Al

Carlisle, PA

#31 Jul 4, 2008
What they need is one of those force field domes like the Gungans used in Star Wars I. Just set up the force field over your home and well hey...you're impenetrable and safe to sit on the lawn and watch the fireworks. They would also come in handy for outdoor barbecues on rainy days, just put up the force field and hey...enjoy the burgers. Force fields would do the job. Heck. Nuclear war? No brainer! You got a force field! Neighborhood dogs doo-doo on your lawn? Just put up the force field, honey!
All we need is for George Lucas or somebody to sit down and actually invent one of these things. I'm all for it.
Another Voice

West Chester, PA

#32 Jul 4, 2008
George wrote:
I'm new in Hanover. Where the heck is Moul Field? You would think a newspaper would say something about where the damned place is. I cannot find "Moul Field" on any map...online or offline.
Try the NE corner of Middle Street and Ridge Avenue
Mark

Orrtanna, PA

#33 Jul 4, 2008
Penn-Township home owner wrote:
Bruce Rebert will go to jail if the fireworkws cause a problem to homes in the area, plus the township will pay a lot of money for being very stupid.+++++
Im sure you are as RIDICULOUS as the quote you posted,I doubt if you ever wanted to see a fireworks display when you were a child!........GET REAL

Since: May 08

Middletown, PA

#34 Jul 4, 2008
George wrote:
From Center Square in Hanover, Take Broadway North (Route 194) to a right turn on Wilson Ave. Left on Moul Ave.
kate

Waterford Works, NJ

#35 Jul 4, 2008
from what time to what time will the fireworks at the moul field ?
papabear

Chambersburg, PA

#36 Jul 4, 2008
butch hickory its unfortunate that u live so close to me it would b a shame 2 c some1 with such high moral standards such as yours 2 get run out of mcsherrystown I never knew u were such a biggetted racist small brained neanderthal. what a shame we have people still in this country still breathing then same air as the rest of us. Unfortunately when u meet the lord in heaven your name won't b in the lambs book of the saved. U should seek mental help and ask 4 forgiveness 4 the sins u live. Even minorities say may god bless your soul.
Joe

Woodbury, NJ

#37 Jul 4, 2008
George wrote:
I went to Google Maps, typed in Moul Field and went directly to the location.
Joe

Woodbury, NJ

#38 Jul 4, 2008
kate wrote:
from what time to what time will the fireworks at the moul field ?
9:30ish to 9:40ish. It's generally a 10-15 minute show.
Penn Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#39 Jul 4, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
9:30ish to 9:40ish. It's generally a 10-15 minute show.
Are they still on? Does anyone know?
keith

Newburg, PA

#40 Jul 4, 2008
Penn Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they still on? Does anyone know?
i checked warm103.com and wgal.com and there is no information about the fireworks. hate to pack up the kids, keep them up late and fight the traffic to find out the fireworks were cancelled. any info would be great. thanks
Best Part

Mount Laurel, NJ

#42 Jul 4, 2008
Well Mr Joe,

I can tell you that the spot they were fired off from was in Penn Twp. I was sitting next to the fire trucks in the Bookspan parking lot and asked them. They said they were in Penn Twp. They said the boro/twp line runs near where they were being fired from in the twp.

But I guess since I asked the firemen from that department everyone will say it still isn't true!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 24 min sammy 159
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Obama Defends Mus... 3,924
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Our Community Org... 51,303
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu Ssl 5,426
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000