Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby homes, legal battle

Full story: Evening Sun

Some residents raised concerns over the safety of shooting fireworks near newly constructed townhouses.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
717hiya

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 29, 2008
 
were the codorus fireworks postponed or did they have them yesterday?
Firepolicer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2008
 
Haven't they dozed that field yet? what a pain just get rid of it tired of hearing about !
Stacy

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 29, 2008
 
The Codorus fireworks are tonight, depending on the weather again.

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 29, 2008
 
$7,000 is a fraction of the totally unnecessary and imprudent litigation costs spent instead of doing the hard negotiation which the Council and Board are elected to do. It's less than 24 billable attorney hours at $300 an hour, a modest rate for appellate counsel. Why not have a Last and Best Show by spending a bundle on something that citizens will never forget?
Joe

Woodbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2008
 
Jeff Spangler wrote:
$7,000 is a fraction of the totally unnecessary and imprudent litigation costs spent instead of doing the hard negotiation which the Council and Board are elected to do. It's less than 24 billable attorney hours at $300 an hour, a modest rate for appellate counsel. Why not have a Last and Best Show by spending a bundle on something that citizens will never forget?
Because the fireworks are paid out of a special fund that is separately raised and managed specifically for the Fourth. The borough budget has nothing to do with it. But I guess it's easier to complain about things than to, you know, actually understand the logistics of the issue.

"... funded by donations raised by the Firecracker Club from local businesses and organizations."
Comment

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 29, 2008
 
Codorus fireworks are tonight at 9:30.
Best part

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 29, 2008
 
The article is totaly wrong. The fireworks are being shot off from an open farm field Penn Twp. But I guess they forgot to mention that.
Penn-Township home owner

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 29, 2008
 
Bruce Rebert will go to jail if the fireworkws cause a problem to homes in the area, plus the township will pay a lot of money for being very stupid.+++++
Law

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Penn-Township home owner wrote:
Bruce Rebert will go to jail if the fireworkws cause a problem to homes in the area, plus the township will pay a lot of money for being very stupid.+++++
What legal basis do you have for making this statement? Are you a lawyer?
My two sense

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 29, 2008
 
Penn-Township home owner wrote:
Bruce Rebert will go to jail if the fireworkws cause a problem to homes in the area, plus the township will pay a lot of money for being very stupid.+++++
Why would he go to jail and what is stupid about having the fireworks? The homes are far enough away from where they are set off. People are standing closer to where they go off then where the homes are!
Wow

Stevenson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

People actually live in those homes? That has to be the worst planned development in history.
Wow

Stevenson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 30, 2008
 
Best part wrote:
The article is totaly wrong. The fireworks are being shot off from an open farm field Penn Twp. But I guess they forgot to mention that.
"yes, we are having them and we are having them in Moul Field"

They mentioned where they are having them. Looks like you are totaly (sic) wrong.
pathetic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 30, 2008
 
Why bother with all the discussion about Moul field fireworks....its not like they're worth going to anyway. What was it?....7 minutes last year. Why waste an half hour finding somewhere to sit, park, and then sit there for 10 minutes and then fight to leave. If I'm going to deal with that I might as well go somewhere worthwhile....even if its to Harrisburg or Carlise.
In PA

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 30, 2008
 
Wow wrote:
People actually live in those homes? That has to be the worst planned development in history.
Because it was built next to a park that hosts fireworks once a year? Duh.
Most of them are being sold to people from MD. The rest of us can't afford them.
19 years

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 30, 2008
 
Wow wrote:
People actually live in those homes? That has to be the worst planned development in history.
just curious what makes it the "worst planned development in history"
My two sense

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 30, 2008
 
pathetic wrote:
Why bother with all the discussion about Moul field fireworks....its not like they're worth going to anyway. What was it?....7 minutes last year. Why waste an half hour finding somewhere to sit, park, and then sit there for 10 minutes and then fight to leave. If I'm going to deal with that I might as well go somewhere worthwhile....even if its to Harrisburg or Carlise.
Those within walking distance can walk to the fireworks. Those that aren't don't need to park on the busiest streets. There are plenty of ways around to detour the crowds afterward! We used to pull the kids in a wagon when they were younger.

You may as well go elsewhere, it won't change for you if you don't like the experience. Of course, we will eventually all HAVE to go elsewhere, so we enjoy while we can.
Wow

Stevenson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 30, 2008
 
In PA wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them are being sold to people from MD.
You mean most of the eight they have actually built?
FWS

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 30, 2008
 
pathetic wrote:
Why bother with all the discussion about Moul field fireworks....its not like they're worth going to anyway. What was it?....7 minutes last year. Why waste an half hour finding somewhere to sit, park, and then sit there for 10 minutes and then fight to leave. If I'm going to deal with that I might as well go somewhere worthwhile....even if its to Harrisburg or Carlise.
Your name says it all, that's what you are, pathetic.
com

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 30, 2008
 
In PA wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it was built next to a park that hosts fireworks once a year? Duh.
Most of them are being sold to people from MD. The rest of us can't afford them.
Then you may need to get a better job there only hundred and sixty nine thousand with out the garage.
Best Part

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 30, 2008
 
Well come 7/4 look and see where they will be set up to fire off the fireworks. I am telling you they are going off in Penn Twp. Do you really think Bruce Rebert or the "fire cracker" club (that pays for them) would ever admit or allow any credit to go to anyone else. But let one thing go wrong and see where the fingers point then!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr Ramen 51,108
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr Obama Wrong on Illegals 3,745
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Thu alan decker 29
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Wed Wharfs for cape cod 5,351
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jul 1 straw grasping teabaggers 372
Conewago Valley superintendent plans to retire ... Jun 17 Petal Power 1
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••