Snyder's of Hanover
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5617 Jul 19, 2014
There are very few management people who could run one of these routes successfully. They would have crap in every back room leftover from displays that didn't sell, etc. They made a huge mistake with this IBO thing when Marty and the crew lied about the commission. That was the start of the mistrust between IBO's and the company. When they make that right and start acknowledging our problems and issues maybe we could right the ship. Right now it's a joke for both sides. Both sides are frustrated but unfortunately only the IBO's are losing money because of all the bad decisions. Maybe the remaining zone managers and district managers will put some pressure on Dan Morgan to fix this before they get fired??
Pirates

Buffalo, NY

#5618 Jul 19, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
There are very few management people who could run one of these routes successfully. They would have crap in every back room leftover from displays that didn't sell, etc. They made a huge mistake with this IBO thing when Marty and the crew lied about the commission. That was the start of the mistrust between IBO's and the company. When they make that right and start acknowledging our problems and issues maybe we could right the ship. Right now it's a joke for both sides. Both sides are frustrated but unfortunately only the IBO's are losing money because of all the bad decisions. Maybe the remaining zone managers and district managers will put some pressure on Dan Morgan to fix this before they get fired??
To be honest my problem is not with our zone manager or DM's, though actually do a very nice job trying to increase sales. The problem is with the management in Hanover , they are either clueless or that don't give a damn on how tough it is to run a territory
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5619 Jul 23, 2014
Pirate - these zone mgrs and DM's don't relay ANY of our concerns and constantly blame sales on the IBO's when we have very little to do with anything. I'm done trying to convince my accounts that 2/$6 is a good deal. It's all good though. I just want the 20% Marty Staunton promised.
Ssl

Pearl, MS

#5620 Jul 24, 2014
When syders comes in and reenigneers
The routes and u have to sell back and resell u the route with changes
How does this work.. Do u have to sell route and buy new?
Always Something66

Bowling Green, KY

#5621 Jul 24, 2014
What area are you in where they are redoing them?
Jeff

Henderson, NC

#5622 Jul 24, 2014
Always Something66 wrote:
Alwayssomething66...did you part ways with the company? if so what happened?
Ssl

Pearl, MS

#5623 Jul 24, 2014
Always Something66 wrote:
mississippi
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#5624 Jul 24, 2014
Ssl wrote:
When syders comes in and reenigneers
The routes and u have to sell back and resell u the route with changes
How does this work.. Do u have to sell route and buy new?
yes and you will get screwed again
Sl of bendover

Nashville, TN

#5625 Jul 24, 2014
why wrote:
<quoted text>
yes and you will get screwed again
good time to get out if not happy ...
Ssl

Sumrall, MS

#5626 Jul 30, 2014
Sl of bendover wrote:
<quoted text> good time to get out if not happy ...
that why I asking will Snyder buy them back and I have the option to walk away debt free from this nightmare they call IBO
It could be a great opportunity but when there no money or perks in ownership... U got to make a change
What kill me is one route can sell $8000 in sales and make more than one who sells $10000
Tell me the crap in that
motorcycle nut

Loganville, GA

#5627 Jul 30, 2014
I ran over 13k last week and had $368 in promo sharing. So yes a smaller route doing 9k without grocery promos will make more. Not worth it anymore and first chance I am gone after many years.
Oh well

Mathiston, MS

#5628 Jul 30, 2014
Ssl wrote:
<quoted text>that why I asking will Snyder buy them back and I have the option to walk away debt free from this nightmare they call IBO
It could be a great opportunity but when there no money or perks in ownership... U got to make a change
What kill me is one route can sell $8000 in sales and make more than one who sells $10000
Tell me the crap in that
My understanding is IF your avg weekly sales over past 52 weeks multiplied my the current multiplier assigned by SL is equal or greater, then all you must do is pay off your last settlement if there is a balance.
Oh well

Mathiston, MS

#5629 Jul 30, 2014
Ssl wrote:
<quoted text>that why I asking will Snyder buy them back and I have the option to walk away debt free from this nightmare they call IBO
Tell me the crap in that
Sorry left out a few words...if avg weekly sales over past 52 weeks times multiplier are equal or greater that what you paid, then...
bbqbob2001

Forney, TX

#5632 Jul 30, 2014
Yeah what he said^^^^ and yeah u can walk if they buy ur route back. U don't have to buy another route. Just hope ur route value is higher now then what u paid for it. I got out July 12th after 8 yr in grocery retail/IBO. It use to be the shit but now with the mergers and cut of our % the money isn't there anymore. Too much out of pocket on the I/O's end to where u can't make enough money to do things right for ur so called business/family. I could tolerate the DMs trying to tell me what to do and suggest there way of doing things or suggest a display for a certain store but it started getting worse within the last year since S-L is all about numbers now. I would take their suggestions but for the most part still do it my way cause in the end my way was better and worked for me and the stores. They don't care about the I/O's well being or why we do what we do. I'm the one on the route that has to deal with the stores and managers so I do it the way I feel is best for me and the stores and even my family. Work x amount of hours and sell certain promo items. Not work for free and sell in a display that I know isn't gonna sell and I'm gonna have to eat or roll it. Not worth the time or loss money. I'm sure S-L got tired of me the past few years as they keep taking from us and expecting the same attitude and effort. My attitude changed and I was real verbal with a lot of things, to a point that I prolly would have been fired if I wasn't a I/O. I see it this way. We are suppose to be business partners so treat us like one and don't be like....for example: when u don't get a check or a small one due to tcom issues or slow week...."management is like oh well not my problem. U figure it out." That's not the attitude they should give us when there's ANY kind of problem. Or u would get the other typical answer, "let me check on that issue and get back to u" and 95% of the time u would never hear about it again and the other 5% u would have to remind them. It got to a point towhere I just quit asking questions. What's the point. But I guess when u make over 50000 and get a company car, free phone, free gas, and bonus off OUR hard work I guess the easy answer is oh well. Of course it is. It's not their check that is effected. Let any of them or the higher up people go a week or 2 without a check or live off our pay rate and see what kind of response they would have. Bet they would be pissed off too. In conclusion, since I could go on and on about all the bad stuff that all the real I/O's on here know where I'm coming from and all the upper management knows what the issues are that need to be addressed, I got out mainly cause of the self employment/owed business/independent. Tired of dealing with that part for the most part. There was other things but what job is perfect. None.
S-L is a scam

Duluth, GA

#5633 Jul 30, 2014
I wish I could walk away and not owe anything! I hate it with a passion! I gave my 60 day notice last week thinking it would be ok, but legal has already hit me up with a letter telling me I'm still responsible for any financial obligations. Some people have told me not to worry that S-L is all talk and will only make threats in trying to get money from you. Of course I could argue that S-L goes against everything in the contract. I'm told what to do, where to go, what to sell, what time to start, etc. I also like how the warehouse never has product for me to sell! Anyone ever walked away, terminated their contract and got away without owing money?
SSL

Pearl, MS

#5634 Jul 31, 2014
bbqbob2001 wrote:
Yeah what he said^^^^ and yeah u can walk if they buy ur route back. U don't have to buy another route. Just hope ur route value is higher now then what u paid for it. I got out July 12th after 8 yr in grocery retail/IBO. It use to be the shit but now with the mergers and cut of our % the money isn't there anymore. Too much out of pocket on the I/O's end to where u can't make enough money to do things right for ur so called business/family. I could tolerate the DMs trying to tell me what to do and suggest there way of doing things or suggest a display for a certain store but it started getting worse within the last year since S-L is all about numbers now. I would take their suggestions but for the most part still do it my way cause in the end my way was better and worked for me and the stores. They don't care about the I/O's well being or why we do what we do. I'm the one on the route that has to deal with the stores and managers so I do it the way I feel is best for me and the stores and even my family. Work x amount of hours and sell certain promo items. Not work for free and sell in a display that I know isn't gonna sell and I'm gonna have to eat or roll it. Not worth the time or loss money. I'm sure S-L got tired of me the past few years as they keep taking from us and expecting the same attitude and effort. My attitude changed and I was real verbal with a lot of things, to a point that I prolly would have been fired if I wasn't a I/O. I see it this way. We are suppose to be business partners so treat us like one and don't be like....for example: when u don't get a check or a small one due to tcom issues or slow week...."management is like oh well not my problem. U figure it out." That's not the attitude they should give us when there's ANY kind of problem. Or u would get the other typical answer, "let me check on that issue and get back to u" and 95% of the time u would never hear about it again and the other 5% u would have to remind them. It got to a point towhere I just quit asking questions. What's the point. But I guess when u make over 50000 and get a company car, free phone, free gas, and bonus off OUR hard work I guess the easy answer is oh well. Of course it is. It's not their check that is effected. Let any of them or the higher up people go a week or 2 without a check or live off our pay rate and see what kind of response they would have. Bet they would be pissed off too. In conclusion, since I could go on and on about all the bad stuff that all the real I/O's on here know where I'm coming from and all the upper management knows what the issues are that need to be addressed, I got out mainly cause of the self employment/owed business/independent. Tired of dealing with that part for the most part. There was other things but what job is perfect. None.
I feel Your pain my friend that where I am now.... Good Luck in your future hope all works out for all of us
"just another twist in this ole devil world".
Cevans289

Greenville, NC

#5635 Aug 3, 2014
SSL wrote:
<quoted text> I feel Your pain my friend that where I am now.... Good Luck in your future hope all works out for all of us
"just another twist in this ole devil world".
Do we have to sell everything they tell us too.
Cevans289

Greenville, NC

#5636 Aug 3, 2014
I am sick and tired of them telling me what to do. Do we have any say so.
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5637 Aug 3, 2014
Just say no. Or say yes and then do what you want. Either way works.
Sl of bendover

Lancaster, SC

#5638 Aug 3, 2014
Cevans289 wrote:
I am sick and tired of them telling me what to do. Do we have any say so.
grow some gonads .. If it won't see and they aren't guaranteeing it then tell them No !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Jul 10 Truthfull1 11
Review: Happy Nails Jul 8 George Costanza 2
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun '15 gab 93
Snyder lance May '15 Torts 3
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages