Snyder's of Hanover
unbelievable

Hanover, PA

#5591 Jul 13, 2014
frito and utz are kicking our ass!! plain and simple!! The only thing saving my ass is partner brands believe it or not?! I run less on a holiday week and then the following week is better! hmmm?? Why is that? Look at the price points of frito and utz on holiday weeks compared to ours!! Want to grow market share?? Be competitive!! The only thing growing my business is the partner brands which we make what percent on?? imagine if we didnt have partner brands might as well own a voortman route!! What really has me fired up is....we are supposedly not receiving any orders for the next two weeks??!!! Why...because the warehouse manager says no room but what about the out of stocks?? I was told to tell my customers I'm sorry...we are here to make money!!! Also, heard that warehouses are given a budget...if they go over their budget they cant order no more product...if that is true...that would be like saying to my managers...well...you met your sales limit and I cant deliver no more product this week...i bet that would fly?? My sales are being limited or contolled...my route potential is being restricted...lawyers love this...wake up someone...someone who cares...someone supposedly that is my partner!!!!!!!!!!
Wharfs for Cape Cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5592 Jul 13, 2014
We are lucky that we have a good warehouseman. That being said you are right, I always do less during holidays because people don't buy pretzels, crackers, or natural for cookouts or parties. It's ok though because utz and frito work like dogs that week. Not interested in that or bogos. Just want the 20% that was promised. You need to understand that Snyders Lance could care less about us individually. They want to make money and buying space and being competitive doesn't matter. Only making money. It's not going to change, don't expect it to.
Pirates booty

United States

#5593 Jul 13, 2014
unbelievable wrote:
frito and utz are kicking our ass!! plain and simple!! The only thing saving my ass is partner brands believe it or not?! I run less on a holiday week and then the following week is better! hmmm?? Why is that? Look at the price points of frito and utz on holiday weeks compared to ours!! Want to grow market share?? Be competitive!! The only thing growing my business is the partner brands which we make what percent on?? imagine if we didnt have partner brands might as well own a voortman route!! What really has me fired up is....we are supposedly not receiving any orders for the next two weeks??!!! Why...because the warehouse manager says no room but what about the out of stocks?? I was told to tell my customers I'm sorry...we are here to make money!!! Also, heard that warehouses are given a budget...if they go over their budget they cant order no more product...if that is true...that would be like saying to my managers...well...you met your sales limit and I cant deliver no more product this week...i bet that would fly?? My sales are being limited or contolled...my route potential is being restricted...lawyers love this...wake up someone...someone who cares...someone supposedly that is my partner!!!!!!!!!!
You are right I probably run 4 to 5 grand a week in partner brands ..lose that I would be gone ...Cape cod is doing well but the numb nuts have killed crackers with the cardboard .
sam

Brick, NJ

#5594 Jul 15, 2014
utz pretxels are better then snyders price is better too
sam

Brick, NJ

#5595 Jul 15, 2014
utx pretzels r better too
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5596 Jul 15, 2014
Unfortunately I agree that utz pretzels are superior. They actually are crisp and have salt on them. Ours are somewhat stale tasting. No salt to speak of. It's good we have customers who like stale, tasteless, and unsalted pretzels.
motorcycle nut

Loganville, GA

#5597 Jul 16, 2014
Check your crossdock payments. They are cheating us once again. People that had four pallets dropped are only being paid for two. Their answer,"we made a mistake". Funny if we make a mistake they take our route but when they outright cheat us, then its a "mistake". Just like them cheating us out of the 20% they promised and the 12% on crossdocks when every other company pays full commission.
Oh well

Greenville, MS

#5598 Jul 16, 2014
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
200 positions across the company are being cut, no specifics on what positions but they are coming
Lost our zone manager yesterday.
Always Something66

Falmouth, KY

#5599 Jul 16, 2014
What area?
Chris

Tucker, GA

#5600 Jul 16, 2014
Always Something66 wrote:
What area?
Alwayssonething66...did you part ways with the company? If you did what happened? Do you owe any money to them? I'm getting ready to walk away myself. S-L are a bunch of crooks!
snackman

Gettysburg, PA

#5601 Jul 16, 2014
Oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
!!Wow that's to bad,i'm sure all the zone managers and dm's should be worried because they don't do anything anymore.
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5602 Jul 16, 2014
Would like to see less acct mgrs, zone mgrs, and DM's and more money for space. Sorry, business decision.
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#5603 Jul 16, 2014
they are a waste of money. all they want to do is try to tell us how to do our job. they still don't get it that this is our business, they are supposed to be here to support us and help us.
Pirates booty

Nashville, TN

#5604 Jul 17, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Would like to see less acct mgrs, zone mgrs, and DM's and more money for space. Sorry, business decision.
u are right cut the dead weight and use money to promote like the partner brands do !
Pirates booty

Nashville, TN

#5605 Jul 17, 2014
motorcycle nut wrote:
Check your crossdock payments. They are cheating us once again. People that had four pallets dropped are only being paid for two. Their answer,"we made a mistake". Funny if we make a mistake they take our route but when they outright cheat us, then its a "mistake". Just like them cheating us out of the 20% they promised and the 12% on crossdocks when every other company pays full commission.
480 times 1.84 it's 885 dollars after the allowance .. What did they pay ?
Ask

Pearl, MS

#5606 Jul 17, 2014
Oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
lost ours zone manager yesterday too!!!
Skittles

Los Angeles, CA

#5607 Jul 17, 2014
Testing
Chris

United States

#5608 Jul 17, 2014
I didn't put anything down to buy my route. The only investment is my trailer. I'm not making any money and was very mislead when buying my route. I was told that I can terminate the contract whenever I want to. They said legal would have to send me a form to fill out. S-L said if I do I will owe them lots of money. I've been told by many of people who have just walked away telling me it's all just a scare tactic. They told me that S-L will make threats, but won't really do anything. I was also told that the bank they're using to finance is owned by the company as well. I've gotten my sources from a few former IBOs and two different former DMs. Anyone else gave any helpful advice or know what really happens if you walk/terminate?
Skittles

Los Angeles, CA

#5609 Jul 17, 2014
So I talked with an upper management guy in the office today. He gave me information on two of the complaints you guys have:

1) The new packaging for the crackers is indeed killing sales. The company is now working on a new design to show more of the crackers because customer think there's less in the new package.

2) Korn Krunchers are being discontinued. FAIL!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5610 Jul 17, 2014
cracker sales are horrible... and you got to love the 6 pack wheat flavors they brought out a few months ago. yeah you really fooled the consumers with that one. smaller pack at the same price.... not in todays economy... just plain stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utz buys Golden Flake 11 hr jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '16 Mary jane 3

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance