Snyder's of Hanover
Tattooed pretzel

Pittsburgh, PA

#5572 Jul 2, 2014
200 positions across the company are being cut, no specifics on what positions but they are coming
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5573 Jul 2, 2014
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
200 positions across the company are being cut, no specifics on what positions but they are coming
They should cut the DM'S and zone managers because they do absolutely nothing and are clueless about what it takes to run a route to make money in this IBO system. They think everything is a great opportunity for us. Wake up SL, seriously Wake up

Since: Jun 13

Woodstock, IL

#5574 Jul 2, 2014
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>They should cut the DM'S and zone managers because they do absolutely nothing and are clueless about what it takes to run a route to make money in this IBO system. They think everything is a great opportunity for us. Wake up SL, seriously Wake up
I personally think anyone higher than you or trying to tell you what to do should be capable of doing what you do! I seen it in the bread companies where the dm couldnt run a route! He got canned.
SSL

Ridgeland, MS

#5575 Jul 3, 2014
DM should not only to run a route there salary should work off the same scale pay we do.. Then they might open the eyes
Jerry

Tucker, GA

#5576 Jul 3, 2014
Always Something66 wrote:
Does anyone know steps after parting ways with the company on what takes place?
No. But please let me know what happens. I'm looking to terminate my contract and move on.
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5577 Jul 3, 2014
must be a co dm on here that is disagreeing with things we say ,by all the judgements that disagree on this site. Wake up SL
sam

Brick, NJ

#5578 Jul 3, 2014
went to the sl distabution site to see how many routes they have for sale and they took it down saying they will re post routes when they re do the numbers lol must have to many routes open to list
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5579 Jul 7, 2014
the dm is at it again disagreeing with everything, this co is begging for another lawsuit, how do you feel about that SL management
chip man

Covington, GA

#5580 Jul 7, 2014
People ,they cannot do anything to you when you walk away. The cannot ruin your credit because of the new laws for bankruptcy cause of the recession.It will actually help you
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5581 Jul 7, 2014
Sammy of Miami wrote:
Have to be a subscriber of this law site to get more info on this
I got $8,000 from that!!:).trending
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5582 Jul 7, 2014
Sammy of Miam wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time they got sued it cost Snyder's 10 million : See article below
Pretzel Maker Settles With Delivery Drivers For $10M
Share us on: Twitter Facebook LinkedIn By Jesse Greenspan 0 Comments
Law360, New York (March 30, 2010, 2:16 PM ET)-- Two subsidiaries of snack food company Snyder's of Hanover, which specializes in pretzels, have agreed to pay $10 million to settle class and collective action allegations that they misclassified their delivery drivers as independent operators rather than as employees.
The lead plaintiffs and the two subsidiaries, SOH Distribution Co. Inc. and G&A Snack Distributing Inc., filed a joint motion Monday with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania requesting that a judge preliminarily approve the settlement, certify a class for settlement purposes only...
To view the full article, take a free trial now.
Already a subscriber? Click here to login
I got $8,000 from this.
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5583 Jul 7, 2014
Old School Lance Man wrote:
I retired from Snyder- Lance 29 months ago after not being offered a route.....I worked for Lance for 21 1/2 years and S/L for one.......S/L has to be one of the most screwed up companies ever....I know for a fact that they have hired guys with zero route sales experience and just thrown them to the wolves on the routes.....All that mattered to S/L was that they had a warm body on the route that they could bully and run roughshod over...
I am so happy to be gone from that company and I have never looked back..
We changed over in July of 2011. They bought me out too. Best thing that ever happened to me. I semi retired at 61 and couldn't be happier. I see what the guys are going through and I'm glad I have no part in it.
Jdub

United States

#5584 Jul 8, 2014
chip man wrote:
People ,they cannot do anything to you when you walk away. The cannot ruin your credit because of the new laws for bankruptcy cause of the recession.It will actually help you
How do you figure? Are you saying that you would have to file bankruptcy if you walk away? I want to walk away, but I'm not trying to owe money or have my credit jacked.
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5585 Jul 9, 2014
Jdub wrote:
<quoted text> How do you figure? Are you saying that you would have to file bankruptcy if you walk away? I want to walk away, but I'm not trying to owe money or have my credit jacked.
No Need To file Bankruptcy, On page 12 of the contract read Article 15 "Termination" section A, tells you how the IBO can terminate the contract with giving a 60 day notice
motorcycle nut

Loganville, GA

#5586 Jul 9, 2014
We just had IBO caught stealing from the warehouse. He was taking something everytime he pulled. You should have seen how happy they were that they caught the guy while he was walked out of the warehouse in handcuffs. It was a shame how happy they were to watch this guy life be ruined, but they have a long history of ruining people life's. While I don't agree with stealing but to celebrate??? That will tell you what upper-management are all about. They are no better than the thief they caught and most of the time worse. Their stealing partner brands promo dollars from us weekly and its no different than reaching into our pockets to steal.
Wharfs for cape cod

Belleville, PA

#5587 Jul 9, 2014
We would feel the same way if they dragged Marty or Carl Lee out! Lol

Since: May 14

Spring Hill, FL

#5588 Jul 11, 2014
Ok. Another cross doc of crackers just arrived in Walmart. Now I have 2 displays with dates that are 2 months apart on the floor. Of course I was told I needed to blend it onto my shelf space starting immediately.
Crazy...
Dumb and dumber

Nashville, TN

#5589 Jul 11, 2014
mini chipster wrote:
Ok. Another cross doc of crackers just arrived in Walmart. Now I have 2 displays with dates that are 2 months apart on the floor. Of course I was told I needed to blend it onto my shelf space starting immediately.
Crazy...
yeah got a email from a lady that calls on Walmart that wants us to bring 20 more cases next week to fill up the 4 by 4 lol .. I have 2 pallets I think that is enough missy ! Dumb fucks instead of changing crackers back trying to cracker sales going again what do they do , let's put malt nekot in cardboard and kill them also , Ass clowns always working against us !
gasnacks

Covington, GA

#5590 Jul 12, 2014
Just got in the newcard board malt.Good bye to malt sales
unbelievable

Hanover, PA

#5591 Jul 13, 2014
frito and utz are kicking our ass!! plain and simple!! The only thing saving my ass is partner brands believe it or not?! I run less on a holiday week and then the following week is better! hmmm?? Why is that? Look at the price points of frito and utz on holiday weeks compared to ours!! Want to grow market share?? Be competitive!! The only thing growing my business is the partner brands which we make what percent on?? imagine if we didnt have partner brands might as well own a voortman route!! What really has me fired up is....we are supposedly not receiving any orders for the next two weeks??!!! Why...because the warehouse manager says no room but what about the out of stocks?? I was told to tell my customers I'm sorry...we are here to make money!!! Also, heard that warehouses are given a budget...if they go over their budget they cant order no more product...if that is true...that would be like saying to my managers...well...you met your sales limit and I cant deliver no more product this week...i bet that would fly?? My sales are being limited or contolled...my route potential is being restricted...lawyers love this...wake up someone...someone who cares...someone supposedly that is my partner!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch 22 hr Raja 4
Fill dirt Jun 19 Steve Gratman 6
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun 17 olddancemom 4
News 13 nabbed in prostitution bust (Mar '08) Jun 3 Anonymous 46
News Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jun 3 Fitus T Bluster 378
News Photos: Annual shearing day at Littlestown alpacaa May '17 Fitus busted sphi... 2
Shed foundation question Apr '17 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages