Snyder's of Hanover
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5448 May 17, 2014
New guy wrote:
<quoted text>i think that the period would come after you actually typed the word period.
new guy you r a dick , period!!!!!!!!!!
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5449 May 17, 2014
New guy = douche bag. Nuf said!!
Pirates

Wayland, NY

#5450 May 17, 2014
New guy wrote:
<quoted text>i think that the period would come after you actually typed the word period.
New guy= jerk off
New guy

Richmond, VA

#5451 May 18, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
New guy = douche bag. Nuf said!!
wharfs what is up with the calling of people a douche bag again. You need to start getting a little creative. Your lack of creativity probably explains why you only get a profit check once every three weeks. Snack man had it right I'm a dick not a douche!
I dont have BO

Roslindale, MA

#5452 May 18, 2014
All valid points by most distributors. There are clearly some people on here that like to ruffle feathers. Do not reply to them. They will go away. The bottom line is money! The people who make it happen every day are just not getting paid enough. Lots of expenses and a below market commission makes everyone angry. The company says that they are our partners. With a combined 16.5% commission rate and high computer rental rate, that is not being a partner. They have the ability to change the culture. They can stop the gouging and pay the distributor the market rate. With the internet, there is knowledge. This is not isolated complaints. These complaints are from all over the country. Management is aware of this forum. The ball is in their court to fix it!
Gentleman, over and out..
Handover ur money

Garden City, MI

#5453 May 18, 2014
How does 0 terms work on purchases ? Is it a good idea? Give me ur opinions
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5454 May 18, 2014
Sorry, new guy, but you are, in fact, a douche bag. Most everyone on here disagrees with you so do like a good douche bag and flush yourself down the nearest toilet. Oh, by the way, you're a dick too!
New guy

Newport News, VA

#5455 May 19, 2014
Handover ur money wrote:
How does 0 terms work on purchases ? Is it a good idea? Give me ur opinions
why is anybody jumping in to tell him how awesome zero terms are! I wouldn't want it any other way!
get paid

Cape Canaveral, FL

#5456 May 19, 2014
This is a reply to 0 terms from handover ur money........
I can help you
0 terms is the only way to go if you want checks EVERY WEEK, I have used this system on 2 different routes one that collected lots of cash and one with only charge accounts and it works on both so trust me, if you collect lots of cash you will get smaller checks or possibly no checks, obviously.....
1. if you are on 2,3,4 day terms now it is likely you are working way in debt and it will take 3-4 weeks to work that down so prepare for that when you switch to 0 day....
2. each week ONLY roll over about as much inventory as you expect to get paid....estimated...$1000-$150 0 per week....
3. only pull what you need....can't stress this is the most important thing....
what works for me is I go to my stores monday with obviously limited inventory but it is mostly all sale items that I know I will need, deliver what I can, make the shelves look nice and write down everything I need.
go to the warehouse load my list, plus items that are coming up on sale, staying on sale, or needed for displays, etc. and thats it....
deliver everything on Tuesday, when I am I done, I should just having sale items left on trailer basically, but you always forget something it seems!!!!
Thursday is just like monday delivering to stores just filling displays or sale items and writing order for next day, Go to warehouse load what I know will go to shelf plus some extra sale items and items that you know move well consistently,(cod salt, r/f, minis, sticks, hmos.) whatever you know more likely will go to shelf within a couple days.
Friday just deliver what you got filling those shelves as much as possible....when your done hopefully you have around $1000 of inventory that will go up monday morning before you go to warehouse....
If I work saturday it is basically just 1-3 cases per store of just sale items......
rinse and repeat.....
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5457 May 19, 2014
On three day term - works good if you have common sense. I know on Monday what I'm working against for the week. Do around 2000 a day. Nice and easy. Never out of product. Can't sell what you don't have. Either system can work. You have to pick what you're comfortable with but I think zero terms is all that's available for new people now.
w-h ibos have it made

Indian Trail, NC

#5458 May 20, 2014
well what if you are a bin? which do you think is better? if you can't make it work if you are a warehouse puller then you are an idiot!
bbqbob2001

Spring, TX

#5459 May 20, 2014
I'm a bin and 0 terms is the best in my opinion. I get a Tues delivery and I built up my Monday inventory. I average about 600-800 carry over into Monday. Everything I get on Tuesday goes out by Saturday. I took about a 100-200 dollar hit a few weeks to build up my inventory but that's the best way for a Tues delivery in my opinion. Long terms can work but ur check will be big one week and small the next or nothing at all. I like having a consistent check every week so thats why i like 0 terms. They should go back to deferment but that would be too easy to help out the ibos so we don't have to worry about inventory to make a check. We could focus more on sales and displays if we didn't have to worry about inventory.

Since: May 14

United States

#5460 May 21, 2014
Hey get paid, appreciate the summary on how you handle 0 terms... can you say what your weekly average is and what ratio your route has of C-Stores
Salty

Columbus, OH

#5461 May 21, 2014
Lets talk about cross docks. My stores are getting inundated with them. At 12%, I'm not making dick. It doesn't go toward my equity and for the last 3 weeks I haven't been able to sell the stores an HMO or HBW off my truck because I've had to pull it from my crossdock pallet. Then, my DM has the balls to send me my #'s and ask me why I'm down.
I compete against my own products in Meijer, Sams, Cosco...etc.. Now I have to compete against my own company and products in the stores Im in and pay them to do so...
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5462 May 21, 2014
Salty wrote:
Lets talk about cross docks. My stores are getting inundated with them. At 12%, I'm not making dick. It doesn't go toward my equity and for the last 3 weeks I haven't been able to sell the stores an HMO or HBW off my truck because I've had to pull it from my crossdock pallet. Then, my DM has the balls to send me my #'s and ask me why I'm down.
I compete against my own products in Meijer, Sams, Cosco...etc.. Now I have to compete against my own company and products in the stores Im in and pay them to do so...
Tell your DM to suck wind, you don't work for SL you work for yourself, keep filling your shelves with product from your truck ad let the crossdocks sell down on their own, and tell the store you did not order it, you would be amazed how your stores handle things when you explain things to them, hell they might even tell their buyer to stop ordering them
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5463 May 21, 2014
one more thing, until they pay us right on the crossdocks, I do not touch them anymore. they get 12% worth of work from this IBO
jimmy jo

Hattiesburg, MS

#5464 May 21, 2014
Salty wrote:
My DM told me this was the last crossdock for the year. Walmart is cutting out DSD crossdocks from what I've heard.
20 years as a IBO

Lawrenceville, GA

#5465 May 21, 2014
jimmy jo wrote:
<quoted text>
My DM told me this was the last crossdock for the year. Walmart is cutting out DSD crossdocks from what I've heard.
Just another lie. We were told in a meeting last week by the Walmart acct rep that crackers and cape in July &Aug.
Ronald shoots wads

Houston, TX

#5466 May 21, 2014
jimmy jo wrote:
<quoted text>
hell they just try to cram more in Kroger of whoever will take them .. U know these fools aint going to stop !
Salty

Wooster, OH

#5467 May 22, 2014
The cross docks aren't going away. Next year, they have a # they're going up against. A # that can only be reached by more product that's not coming off of my truck. Even if you distance yourself from it and have nothing to do with it, you're competing with it. This is my "business partner"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Jan 17 Cracker Man 15
don't date in this S%I^hole town Jan 16 Jsmith 1
Medical Littlestown Community pool Dec 23 Sunshine 1
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov '17 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov '17 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
Fill dirt (Jun '17) Aug '17 Ticklish 10

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance