Snyder's of Hanover
HMO

Bladensburg, MD

#5428 May 13, 2014
My boyfriend is has been working for SL for several weeks and the time has come to fill out the paperwork to buy the route. He is confident that he will be able to build quite a bit of equity and sell route in his favor. I'm reading about "fair market value" of routes and how that can't be determined by company. Does that mean that if he increases the value of the route SL will not be able to recognize that? Is it possible to grow your route and "flip" it with this company?
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5429 May 13, 2014
HMO wrote:
My boyfriend is has been working for SL for several weeks and the time has come to fill out the paperwork to buy the route. He is confident that he will be able to build quite a bit of equity and sell route in his favor. I'm reading about "fair market value" of routes and how that can't be determined by company. Does that mean that if he increases the value of the route SL will not be able to recognize that? Is it possible to grow your route and "flip" it with this company?
this company is a bunch of crooks. run rabbit run
Wharfs for Cape Cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5430 May 13, 2014
You will be hit with fees plus even if you can sell it for more it doesn't mean they will finance that amount. Still have to find someone with deep pockets.
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5431 May 13, 2014
HMO wrote:
I had a buyer and Snyder management refused to interview him. Read the contract carefully before you even think about signing. S-L has to approve the buyer and they can stall it as long as they want to. If they breach you, you have 90 days to sell or else you'll lose everything. That just happened to a guy in Clearwater. S-L management are ruthless. Don't think for a second you'll be working with a company that cares 2 cents about you. Everybody I know who took the contract to a lawyer for an opinion got "Run Forrest Run" advice.
Dezzz

Matthews, NC

#5432 May 13, 2014
HMO wrote:
and if you try to sell to someone else they will only finance 1 mutiple point higher than u bought if for meaning the rest the potential buyer would have to give u cash for .
Dezzz

Matthews, NC

#5433 May 13, 2014
HMO wrote:
My boyfriend is has been working for SL for several weeks and the time has come to fill out the paperwork to buy ithe route. He is confident that he will be able to build quite a bit of equity and sell route in his favor. I'm reading about "fair market value" of routes and how that can't be determined by company. Does that mean that if he increases the value of the route SL will not be able to recognize that? Is it possible to grow your route and "flip" it with this company?
then charge u 5 percent to sell your route or 7 and half to sell some off Ponzi scheme ! I would put them off long as you can about buying it .
lenny

Brick, NJ

#5434 May 14, 2014
My last post on buying a route on the premiss of possible of a % hike goes out the window since reading first quarter earnings they sales are up 4.4% With them being up they will never raise % and possible loss of private label wouldnt buy a route. Private label does suck but its numbers on your route when u go to sell. Im staying semi retired
Ronald shoots wads

Matthews, NC

#5435 May 14, 2014
They may up the core brand one percent but that's about it ... U know s-l aint going to give anymore than they have to ! And as far as the private label goes that could be loss of space issues down the road if publix finds some one else to make it .

Since: Jan 14

Oklahoma City, OK

#5436 May 14, 2014
Are there any IBO class action lawsuits out there?

Oklahoma City, OK

#5437 May 14, 2014
Here's what happened to me.
I signed up for a route. I ran it for 4 months. Most of the months I didn't make any money. I had problems with how to order my products. I would always order too much which resulted in me being negative. They handed me this build up sheet and go by that and I'll be fine but it didn't work. All this caused me to max out a few of my credit cards for gas and life. So in February we S/L and myself decided to part ways. They inventoried my stock and I signed over a release form and was told they would never chase me for money if I owed any and we parted ways.
I thought we were done. Now several months later there wanting to sell the route to someone for way less then I financed and charge me the difference.
I'm struggling to get myself out of the debt this has already caused. Just thought of something as I was writing this. My LLC that should protect me right?
Getting boned

Fowlerville, MI

#5438 May 14, 2014
Marauderhd wrote:
I signed up for a route. I ran it for 4 months. Most of the months I didn't make any money. I had problems with how to order my products. I would always order too much which resulted in me being negative. They handed me this build up sheet and go by that and I'll be fine but it didn't work. All this caused me to max out a few of my credit cards for gas and life. So in February we S/L and myself decided to part ways. They inventoried my stock and I signed over a release form and was told they would never chase me for money if I owed any and we parted ways.
I thought we were done. Now several months later there wanting to sell the route to someone for way less then I financed and charge me the difference.
I'm struggling to get myself out of the debt this has already caused. Just thought of something as I was writing this. My LLC that should protect me right?
If your financing paperwork is like mine you had to sign a personal guaranty for the loan amount, unfortunately you are responsible for the difference. You may want to look at bankruptcy?? Good luck.

Oklahoma City, OK

#5439 May 14, 2014
Just a horrible company. Horrible!
As soon as I signed the contracts all help stopped.
pinkeye

Bethlehem, PA

#5440 May 14, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dc discontinued both, quite some time ago due to slow sales and the only c store chain that was authorized discontinued also.
I am more interested in our core brans like Cape Cod and Snyder's. Doesn't make sense not to have dips available.
Regarding Toms brand, they are almost non-existent to the trade in our area. except for c stores
Don, I agree! We should have some Cape Cod Dips to go with our line. Especially the Waffle chips. Tom's line is bigger in south central US but Cape Cod is big up here in the NE.

I'd like to see a cheaper chip line with flavors to battle the stiff competition up here in NE. Herr's, UTZ, Wise, Gibbles, Lays, Middleswarth, Bickels, Goods, just to name a few.
Pirates

Rochester, NY

#5441 May 14, 2014
Marauderhd wrote:
And the beat goes on. If there is a way for SL to screw they will find
abc123

Silver Spring, MD

#5442 May 15, 2014
Marauderhd wrote:
LLC a could protect you...u signed ur name as owner but route was sold to LLC..check ur contract to be sure?
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5443 May 15, 2014
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>LLC a could protect you...u signed ur name as owner but route was sold to LLC..check ur contract to be sure?
The bottom line is This Co sucks to work with.period

Oklahoma City, OK

#5444 May 15, 2014
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>LLC a could protect you...u signed ur name as owner but route was sold to LLC..check ur contract to be sure?
Yeah that's how it is...
Wharfs for cape cod

Shippensburg, PA

#5445 May 16, 2014
Every IBO from every company is upset right now due to the fact we have all been duped into taking all the responsibility of the expenses of a route while still being treated like employees of the company. Threats to be written up?? Really??? That's the direction we're going in?? Too bad focus isn't on selling product via gaining space. Wouldn't that be a novel idea. This companies upper management should be ashamed. Unfortunately you have to have a conscience to feel that way.
Pirates

Wayland, NY

#5446 May 16, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Every IBO from every company is upset right now due to the fact we have all been duped into taking all the responsibility of the expenses of a route while still being treated like employees of the company. Threats to be written up?? Really??? That's the direction we're going in?? Too bad focus isn't on selling product via gaining space. Wouldn't that be a novel idea. This companies upper management should be ashamed. Unfortunately you have to have a conscience to feel that way.
You don't do as they say and they send out the "Gestapo " to look for things to write you up on.. Happens every time an IBO tries to run "his" business the way he wants to. If it conflicts with the SL way then you are under the microscope . And once you are under that microscope your time with this company will soon come to an end . As you say so perfectly , this companies upper management should be ashamed with the way they run SL . Instant Karma's going to get you . A word to the wise....
Treat the IBO's as you would want to be treated and the company will grow. Treat us like shit and that's what you will get . Pretty simple
New guy

Richmond, VA

#5447 May 17, 2014
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line is This Co sucks to work with.period
i think that the period would come after you actually typed the word period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medical Littlestown Community pool Feb 5 Davenport 4
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Feb 1 Frito Slay 16
News New stores to Hanover (Dec '10) Jan 31 Bry 126
don't date in this S%I^hole town Jan '18 Jsmith 1
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov '17 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov '17 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance