Snyder's of Hanover
FORBES

Rochester, NY

#5407 May 2, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Ronald - if you are correct I will be the FIRST to say I was wrong and Snyders has listened. But it has been my experience over the years that they do what THEY think will help vs. actually doing what the routes salespeople need or want. At our warehouse we can't even get the right weekenders that we need for goodness sakes. We do have PALLETS of the ones nobody uses though. I would love if someone addressed issues but, sadly, I will believe it when I see it. One thing I am seeing is that there are several of our better salesmen with their routes up for sale. That shouldn't be. Get that commission to 20%- 1% stales credit - get rid of the stupid 18% payback on those promo dollars. Then you will have my interest in growth. Until then you guys will continue to get what you're getting.
Well said , and I agree on all points! But I'm not sure anything will happen
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5408 May 4, 2014
FORBES wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said , and I agree on all points! But I'm not sure anything will happen
Your right nothing will happen at these meetings. Snyder's personnel will spill some dribble to make the IBO's feel better, say what they are doing to help us, and continue doing what they want to......help us......yeah right

Don't know about your warehouses but the DC in Florida has been having HEAVY infestation problems. Have rat SHIT all over the place, common now to open cases in stores finding packages that are empty and the bottoms been eatin thru. It's very embarrassing to have rat shit fall out of your boxes in the stores. Our zone guy says they are working on the problem ! The DM's would laugh about it when you brought it up to them

This past week one IBO bad enough, Sent a letter about it to all the big wigs, and the major store chains. Explaining the infestation program. Boy are the wheels in motion now ! Everyone at the DC is very concerned all of a sudden , Forgot to mention , Also the board of health . Was told the big wigs contacted the Zone mngr on this. And he had the gall to say he didn't know anything about the "problem"

When I was at the depot on Friday a Board of Health inspector was going thru the depot. Checking every nook and cranny. This is the funny part, the local TV station came in thru the front door with a video camera rolling along with a reporter with a microphone and came up to a warehouse manager and asked " we hear that Snyder's Lance has an infestation problem" S-L manager told them to leave and they did. Will be interesting to see how S-L proceeds with this

Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5409 May 4, 2014
We have that problem too but not at that level. Hey Ronald, my DM knows nothing about these "high level" meetings you speak of. Are you being a douche bag too??
Compete with Frito Lay

Hamtic, Philippines

#5410 May 4, 2014
My main problem with Snyders Lance is their unwillingness to compete with Frito Lay in price. Frito Lay is willing to price their chips 2 for 4 and Snyders is not. That's why we don't sell Shi* during Super Bowl week anymore, that's why we don't sell during holidays, and that's why summer cookout season isn't as good as it used to be. Ronald, is Snyders considering lowering prices to compete or not? If not, why?!??!?!
FORBES

Rochester, NY

#5411 May 4, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
We have that problem too but not at that level. Hey Ronald, my DM knows nothing about these "high level" meetings you speak of. Are you being a douche bag too??
Am I the only that thinks Ronald is a no nothing blow hard ??
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5412 May 4, 2014
Compete with Frito Lay wrote:
My main problem with Snyders Lance is their unwillingness to compete with Frito Lay in price. Frito Lay is willing to price their chips 2 for 4 and Snyders is not. That's why we don't sell Shi* during Super Bowl week anymore, that's why we don't sell during holidays, and that's why summer cookout season isn't as good as it used to be. Ronald, is Snyders considering lowering prices to compete or not? If not, why?!??!?!
Snyder's doesn't want to compete with Frito, they are only concerned in making $ for themselves. All cape cod is 30 cents higher than Lays, crackers in WalMart are 50 cents higher than Frito. Snyder's wont spend $ on advertising they are content using social media where most is free, You have to spend $ to make $.

S-L brags they are the 2nd largest snack co. Yet as a chip company we do not offer a single flavor of chip dip ?.........duh. Look at the volume Frito brings in to every account. I asked S-L on face book why they don't market any chip dips and they actually responded that they are "too busy making ridiculously good chips" I almost fell over when I read that,

S-L may be that 2nd largest snack producer, but they are light years behind number one. No way in hell will they ever achieve Frito type of numbers
Oh well

Greenville, MS

#5413 May 4, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyder's doesn't want to compete with Frito, they are only concerned in making $ for themselves. All cape cod is 30 cents higher than Lays, crackers in WalMart are 50 cents higher than Frito. Snyder's wont spend $ on advertising they are content using social media where most is free, You have to spend $ to make $.
S-L brags they are the 2nd largest snack co. Yet as a chip company we do not offer a single flavor of chip dip ?.........duh. Look at the volume Frito brings in to every account. I asked S-L on face book why they don't market any chip dips and they actually responded that they are "too busy making ridiculously good chips" I almost fell over when I read that,
S-L may be that 2nd largest snack producer, but they are light years behind number one. No way in hell will they ever achieve Frito type of numbers
My former DM told me we were #2 and we would never be #1. We would never beat Frito so we are happy being #2. That was the companys standpoint according to him.
Dezzzz

United States

#5414 May 4, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right nothing will happen at these meetings. Snyder's personnel will spill some dribble to make the IBO's feel better, say what they are doing to help us, and continue doing what they want to......help us......yeah right
Don't know about your warehouses but the DC in Florida has been having HEAVY infestation problems. Have rat SHIT all over the place, common now to open cases in stores finding packages that are empty and the bottoms been eatin thru. It's very embarrassing to have rat shit fall out of your boxes in the stores. Our zone guy says they are working on the problem ! The DM's would laugh about it when you brought it up to them
This past week one IBO bad enough, Sent a letter about it to all the big wigs, and the major store chains. Explaining the infestation program. Boy are the wheels in motion now ! Everyone at the DC is very concerned all of a sudden , Forgot to mention , Also the board of health . Was told the big wigs contacted the Zone mngr on this. And he had the gall to say he didn't know anything about the "problem"
When I was at the depot on Friday a Board of Health inspector was going thru the depot. Checking every nook and cranny. This is the funny part, the local TV station came in thru the front door with a video camera rolling along with a reporter with a microphone and came up to a warehouse manager and asked " we hear that Snyder's Lance has an infestation problem" S-L manager told them to leave and they did. Will be interesting to see how S-L proceeds with this
yeah that would be great for business if that hit the national media ... Smh
Investigator

Hattiesburg, MS

#5415 May 5, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all can find on the old case, but does look like S-L is doing the same :
Pretzel Maker Settles With Delivery Drivers For $10M
Share us on: TwitterFacebookLinkedIn By Jesse Greenspan 0 Comments
Law360, New York (March 30, 2010, 2:16 PM ET)-- Two subsidiaries of snack food company Snyder's of Hanover, which specializes in pretzels, have agreed to pay $10 million to settle class and collective action allegations that they misclassified their delivery drivers as independent operators rather than as employees.
The lead plaintiffs and the two subsidiaries, SOH Distribution Co. Inc. and G&A Snack Distributing Inc., filed a joint motion Monday with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania requesting that a judge preliminarily approve the settlement, certify a class for settlement purposes only...
San Juan, this is not the case I was refering to---This case involved one IBO and his LLC. The information that he has deals with operations and such that involves Snyders and their practices...This particular case involves breach of Contract and other offenses that will be brought out.The party is in negotiations with major press involvement that the LLC has conections with that will cover the event--- when and if this goes to trail. Keep posted---some precedents should be established here....
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5416 May 5, 2014
Investigator wrote:
<quoted text>San Juan, this is not the case I was refering to---This case involved one IBO and his LLC. The information that he has deals with operations and such that involves Snyders and their practices...This particular case involves breach of Contract and other offenses that will be brought out.The party is in negotiations with major press involvement that the LLC has conections with that will cover the event--- when and if this goes to trail. Keep posted---some precedents should be established here....
Very interesting, please keep apprised as to the developments in this case. IBO'S are having lots of issues in my area and would like to know where we stand on many of the issues,

I have been thru this before, fighting my former business partner George Weston Bakeries ,now Bimbo. takes a long time (my case 13 months before settling in Mediation)

Please keep us informed on this !
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5417 May 5, 2014
Dezzzz wrote:
<quoted text> yeah that would be great for business if that hit the national media ... Smh
I think that is what has scared the [email protected] out of S-L, Today a regional Vice President flew into town. They are cleaning out the entire DC. We supposed to move new month but the VP says they are going to try to find another building, to move into temporarily, Cant believe how big of an issue this has become. As I said before the IBO was started all the commotion on this sent emails to the major grocers in our area ie Publix, Winn Dixie and Walmart in addition to the S-L bigwigs, getting very interesting !
pinkeye

Bethlehem, PA

#5418 May 6, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 2 Tom's chip dips available to probably have the whse special order for you. French Onion and Jalapeno Cheddar. I use them in some cash accounts but are not authorized in any of the larger chain markets here in Mid Atlantic region. If you watch American Restoration there is a part in the opening that shows a reconditioned Tom's rack behind him.
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5419 May 7, 2014
pinkeye wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 2 Tom's chip dips available to probably have the whse special order for you. French Onion and Jalapeno Cheddar. I use them in some cash accounts but are not authorized in any of the larger chain markets here in Mid Atlantic region. If you watch American Restoration there is a part in the opening that shows a reconditioned Tom's rack behind him.
Our Dc discontinued both, quite some time ago due to slow sales and the only c store chain that was authorized discontinued also.

I am more interested in our core brans like Cape Cod and Snyder's. Doesn't make sense not to have dips available.

Regarding Toms brand, they are almost non-existent to the trade in our area. except for c stores
SSL

Pearl, MS

#5420 May 7, 2014
Rumor has it walmart had discontinue all cross dock from vendor company
Now DM go be on your back pushing displays..
Piss off cause the numbers are not where they think they should be...
Bill Clinton

Moore, SC

#5421 May 7, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dc discontinued both, quite some time ago due to slow sales and the only c store chain that was authorized discontinued also.
I am more interested in our core brans like Cape Cod and Snyder's. Doesn't make sense not to have dips available.
Regarding Toms brand, they are almost non-existent to the trade in our area. except for c stores
They have 3 Snyder dips ... Only place I know they are authorized is Harris teeter though .
Bill Clinton

Moore, SC

#5422 May 7, 2014
SSL wrote:
Rumor has it walmart had discontinue all cross dock from vendor company
Now DM go be on your back pushing displays..
Piss off cause the numbers are not where they think they should be...
Good now if we can get Kroger to do the same ..
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5423 May 7, 2014
So with S-L selling off their private label business I guess this means Publix too. That's a good thing. Get that 14% garbage off your truck.
Bill Clinton

Moore, SC

#5424 May 7, 2014
Go Friars wrote:
So with S-L selling off their private label business I guess this means Publix too. That's a good thing. Get that 14% garbage off your truck.
yeah as long as somebody like utz or somebody else don't start bringing them in and they give them half our Snyder space .. U know how they give more space to the company that brings the private label in .
Dezzz

Moore, SC

#5425 May 7, 2014
Go Friars wrote:
yeah just as long we don't lose space to whoever that starts making that private label for them ..
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5426 May 8, 2014
Dezzz wrote:
<quoted text> yeah just as long we don't lose space to whoever that starts making that private label for them ..
Shearer is a private brand company. No worries on losing space to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Jun 26 Steve Gratman 5
Fill dirt Jun '17 Steve Gratman 6
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '17 olddancemom 4
News 13 nabbed in prostitution bust (Mar '08) Jun '17 Anonymous 46
News Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jun '17 Fitus T Bluster 378
News Photos: Annual shearing day at Littlestown alpacaa May '17 Fitus busted sphi... 2
Shed foundation question Apr '17 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages