Snyder's of Hanover
abc123

Hanover, PA

#5347 Apr 22, 2014
Question for all of you...why would a zone manager be discussing things on this forum..really? Think about it? Would Snyders upper management take part in a discussion in this format? I highly doubt it?!!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#5348 Apr 22, 2014
Been watching this form for over 2 years now and have been biting my tongue. For us in the Baltimore market, things have been really good. KNOW your stores BEFORE you buy the route. If you were a car mechanic and decided... "Gee... i'll sell snacks, how hard can it be??", WELCOME to the real world. I wish I can hand a tissue to almost everyone that's posted here cause there's alot of whining. If you think it's unfair, you shouldn't of signed the contract.... period. How many people who signed the contract went through it with a lawyer before signing??? Let me see your hands.
9 percent cross docks

Spartanburg, SC

#5349 Apr 22, 2014
Pretzel Rod Jeremy wrote:
Been watching this form for over 2 years now and have been biting my tongue. For us in the Baltimore market, things have been really good. KNOW your stores BEFORE you buy the route. If you were a car mechanic and decided... "Gee... i'll sell snacks, how hard can it be??", WELCOME to the real world. I wish I can hand a tissue to almost everyone that's posted here cause there's alot of whining. If you think it's unfair, you shouldn't of signed the contract.... period. How many people who signed the contract went through it with a lawyer before signing??? Let me see your hands.
should you have to go see a lawyer ? I guess with snyders of bend over yes you should .. But you are right Ronald shootsblanks jr if you buy the right territory even snyders retarded ways can't screw it up .
low baller

Hanover, PA

#5350 Apr 23, 2014
abc123 wrote:
Question for all of you...why would a zone manager be discussing things on this forum..really? Think about it? Would Snyders upper management take part in a discussion in this format? I highly doubt it?!!
ABC we have a fix for you we will just cut half your route then you will have a low milage route.Just a thought LOL!
abc123

Hanover, PA

#5351 Apr 23, 2014
low baller wrote:
<quoted text>ABC we have a fix for you we will just cut half your route then you will have a low milage route.Just a thought LOL!
That's a great idea...I could go from two stops down to one and be your part time merchandiser :)
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5352 Apr 23, 2014
Pretzel Rod - you, sir, are what we call a douche bag. Getting screwed and at the same time liking it. Stay off board and keep your nose squarely up your DM's butt. It will stay the same brown color it is now. What a knucklehead.

Location hidden

#5353 Apr 23, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Pretzel Rod - you, sir, are what we call a douche bag. Getting screwed and at the same time liking it. Stay off board and keep your nose squarely up your DM's butt. It will stay the same brown color it is now. What a knucklehead.
I, sir, am not getting screwed. Just laughing all the way to the bank. Kinda nice having $1200-$1500 checks on a weekly basis.
Forbes

Rochester, NY

#5354 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I, sir, am not getting screwed. Just laughing all the way to the bank. Kinda nice having $1200-$1500 checks on a weekly basis.
If that's true then you must be running at leastv10,000 a week with zero cash accounts
Forbes

Rochester, NY

#5355 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
And how long have you been an IBO?

Location hidden

#5356 Apr 23, 2014
Forbes wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true then you must be running at leastv10,000 a week with zero cash accounts
That's correct.. doing between 10 and 12 per week. I do have one cash account, but that's $100 every 2 weeks. Been an ibo for over 2 years now.
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5357 Apr 24, 2014
<quoted text>
That's correct.. doing between 10 and 12 per week. I do have one cash account, but that's $100 every 2 weeks. Been an ibo for over 2 years now.
If your running those numbers and only making those checks don't think your not getting screwed. at 18% they should be around 1800 so figure out your promo and your getting screwed. sl loves guys like you . They tell you what to do and you do it.
I dont have BO

Chicago, IL

#5358 Apr 24, 2014
After reading many comments on this forum, I suspect that there are many unhappy people / IBO's!
Here is a breakdown of your situation compared to Pepperidge Farm:
PF. S/L IBO
20% commission. 16.5% combined
No promo allowance. Promo Allooeance
Healthy Routes. Only Super Market routes
Own territory. Own accounts
Able to expand sales. Rely on Co. To expand sales
10,000 sales=2000.00. 10,000 sales= 1650.00
That's 18,200 more per year just based on a 10,000 rte.
Protected territory. S/L distributes around you
Paid commission at BJs. 0% commission
Partnership. Not Applicable
Paid for sales. Paid on sales minus loads
Able to service cust properly. Worries about stock on tr.
S/L routes were built on the Frito Lay system. Problem is they are company routes. They are designated to not let the IBO grow. In 20 years if you look back on your earnings, they will all be similar numbers.
Men and women, you bought a job, not a business!
Once S/L realizes this, things may get better but don't hold your breath...
Dezzzz

Harrison, TN

#5359 Apr 24, 2014
I dont have BO wrote:
After reading many comments on this forum, I suspect that there are many unhappy people / IBO's!
PF. S/L IBO
S/L routes were built on the Frito Lay system. Problem is they are company routes. They are designated to not let the IBO grow. In 20 years if you look back on your earnings, they will all be similar numbers.
there ain't no doubt pf is better they also get full commish on cross docks minus pallet fee think its 25 bucks and get paid for SAMs and Costco which most cookie routes don't even go in them and they still get paid . Snyders wants to treat u like employees without the fleet and benefits expense .
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5360 Apr 24, 2014
Not much for running 10-12 with all expenses and no benefits - ie the douche bag reference. And, yes, you remain a douche bag and brown noser.
FORBES

United States

#5361 Apr 24, 2014
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>If your running those numbers and only making those checks don't think your not getting screwed. at 18% they should be around 1800 so figure out your promo and your getting screwed. sl loves guys like you . They tell you what to do and you do it.
Snackman is correct... Check your profit margins
FORBES

United States

#5362 Apr 24, 2014
I dont have BO wrote:
PF. S/L IBO
Bravo!! Well said and 100% correct on all points

Location hidden

#5363 Apr 24, 2014
All my numbers are legit... route payment and fees (promo allowances)add up to around $500 per week, so your numbers are right on. I'm not going to get into the propaganda of us getting screwed when the terms on EVERYTHING are in those 28 pages that we signed... I knew what I was getting into. And for those pulling out of Littlestown....... that's all I have to say about that. BTW, I'm an asshole, not a douchebag... FYI.
Investigater

Hattiesburg, MS

#5364 Apr 25, 2014
Guys, keep tuned a lawsuit that was fied a few years ago against Snyders Lance is finally come up its about to go in discovery phase...This is a case that will no doubtingly help the IBO'S in the future. When this case goes to trial much information about the operation and handlings of IBO'S will come to light!!! Publicity of this case will also hit the roof---People are working on this now if this goes to trial...Keep your eyes open...
Amianemployee

Schenectady, NY

#5365 Apr 25, 2014
Investigater wrote:
Guys, keep tuned a lawsuit that was fied a few years ago against Snyders Lance is finally come up its about to go in discovery phase...This is a case that will no doubtingly help the IBO'S in the future. When this case goes to trial much information about the operation and handlings of IBO'S will come to light!!! Publicity of this case will also hit the roof---People are working on this now if this goes to trial...Keep your eyes open...
I have heard from sources that something is going on ... Last time Snyders paid out a big chunk iod change because of their treatment of the IBO .... Only thing they seem to have learned is to try and screw us over more.. And they are the masters of that
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5366 Apr 25, 2014
Pretzel Rod - as you can see no one on the board believes you. Pack up and take your sorry butt back to your DM or Zone mgrs office and keep bending over. They have you just where they want you, believing that you are doing well and that you got a great deal. Again, douche bag and brown noser. You, my friend, do not have any business sense whatsoever. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ummmm......yeah Feb 12 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb 2 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
power outage littlestown pa (Nov '14) Dec '16 Javajunkie334 7

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages