Snyder's of Hanover
jimmy jo

Hattiesburg, MS

#5327 Apr 21, 2014
Oh well wrote:
Anyone experiencing a "3rd party distributor" setting up a rack next to yours with SL branded items that you cant get because theyre not authorized in your market?
We are not allowed to carry any Snyders pretzels other than cstore items. Golden Flake had a contract with Snyders before the merger. I was told we would soon have them and mangers are working on it. That was 2 years ago.
ronald shootsblancs

Littleton, CO

#5328 Apr 21, 2014
I have held an Q & A IBO meeting here in our area. For the most part the IBO's here are satisfied with what's been going on. They are not 100% happy with everything. They also understand I do not control most of the gripes you IBO's are talkiong about on this forum.
I was told some of my IBO's here are also on this forum. They also said the ones on here are morons for the most part. That people should do their due diligence with the product, pricing, and demand. Things that some of you are whining about are not controlled by me personally. I control the northeast and that's it. If some of the IBO's here didn't express their true feelings, then so be it. I went out of my way to listen and come up with solutions.
Do I have open territories here? Yes. Are there many? No. IBO's herer had to get used to the commission cut from 19.5% to 18%. I don't control that.
Some complain about the industry standards of the 20%. Really? S-L has grown EVERY year at a unbelievable rate. The average is 3%. S-L has grown over 8% every year. So for all you nay sayers out there just keep chirping cause as long as the company is growing, the shareholders are happy, and routes are expanding, I'm sorry to say things aren't changing.
If you ain't happy where you are relocate here. The IBO's are making a pretty good living. One IBO purchased a route one day and the next year purchased a house. There's lots of good stories that come from owning a S-L route. I knbow there are bad ones too, but People don't have many complaints here.
Maybe I will ask for a transfer so I can try to make changes so the few of you can be happy..........
Ricky Tell

Lock Haven, PA

#5329 Apr 21, 2014
Can a route be in someones name and someone else run it?
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5330 Apr 21, 2014
Stay where you're at. We wouldn't want you there. I think you're as much a liar as the rest. I will never "get used to" 18% when it's really just 17% after promo deduction. You've never addressed the lying. The lying is what bothers us and I don't believe for one second your IBO's are happy. If they are they must be really stupid and have a real loose sphincter because you've been screwing them and they don't seem to mind it. You still have not answered any questions raised. All you say is you have the number one warehouse. What good does that do for an IBO?
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#5331 Apr 21, 2014
ronald shootsblancs wrote:
I have held an Q & A IBO meeting here in our area. For the most part the IBO's here are satisfied with what's been going on. They are not 100% happy with everything. They also understand I do not control most of the gripes you IBO's are talkiong about on this forum.
I was told some of my IBO's here are also on this forum. They also said the ones on here are morons for the most part. That people should do their due diligence with the product, pricing, and demand. Things that some of you are whining about are not controlled by me personally. I control the northeast and that's it. If some of the IBO's here didn't express their true feelings, then so be it. I went out of my way to listen and come up with solutions.
Do I have open territories here? Yes. Are there many? No. IBO's herer had to get used to the commission cut from 19.5% to 18%. I don't control that.
Some complain about the industry standards of the 20%. Really? S-L has grown EVERY year at a unbelievable rate. The average is 3%. S-L has grown over 8% every year. So for all you nay sayers out there just keep chirping cause as long as the company is growing, the shareholders are happy, and routes are expanding, I'm sorry to say things aren't changing.
If you ain't happy where you are relocate here. The IBO's are making a pretty good living. One IBO purchased a route one day and the next year purchased a house. There's lots of good stories that come from owning a S-L route. I knbow there are bad ones too, but People don't have many complaints here.
Maybe I will ask for a transfer so I can try to make changes so the few of you can be happy..........
Ronald of course sl is happy they have no more expenses with the ibo format. we are getting hammered with walmart promos but sl does not care because we still buy it for the same cost we make a whopping 12% in walmart on crackers with the upcoming rollbacks snyders get rich ibo gets screwed and that's a fact ronald
Oh well

Ridgeland, MS

#5332 Apr 21, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this in a Wamart ? Define 3rd party distributor ? The only thing that is delivered by another source is the Delights label chocolate pretzels coming in from McLane.
Would like to know about this
Down here we cannot sell Jays chips because they are not authorized here as Toms isnt authorized up north. Toms and jays have mostly the same except jays has a few more flavors that we wanted. We cant have jays but theres a 3rd party distrubibutor that has been given them. He sets his rack next to ours. We both have nacho rings hot fries bc fries etc but he has a few more flavors. It is slowing sales because the bags look identical. This is in our protected cash accounts but SL says we are only protected on Toms not Jays because theyre not authorized here. So why then is it authorized for someone else to have.
jimmy jo

Hattiesburg, MS

#5333 Apr 21, 2014
If your really this hot shot ZM you say you are then please tell the big wigs how much the new lance homepack packaging is hurting sells.
FORBES

Frankfort, NY

#5334 Apr 21, 2014
Let me get this straight .... You said you were based in Scottsdale, now you run the Northeast??
And nobody is saying YOU can do anything , if you are a zone manager then we, the IBO's , know you can't do squat about the margins. So stop with the "all IBO's are morons " with all of your rhetoric you just reinforce are thoughts about SL . They have no clue or they just don't care
FORBES

Frankfort, NY

#5335 Apr 21, 2014
Bend over boys , "Ronald " is going to shove more BS up our collective asses!

His BS gets worse with each one of his comments . I would love to meet him in person , if I haven't already !
FORBES

Frankfort, NY

#5336 Apr 21, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Stay where you're at. We wouldn't want you there. I think you're as much a liar as the rest. I will never "get used to" 18% when it's really just 17% after promo deduction. You've never addressed the lying. The lying is what bothers us and I don't believe for one second your IBO's are happy. If they are they must be really stupid and have a real loose sphincter because you've been screwing them and they don't seem to mind it. You still have not answered any questions raised. All you say is you have the number one warehouse. What good does that do for an IBO?
Well said wharf! This "Ronald " character spews forth the typical SL line ... IBO's everywhere are doing great and they are so happy! Please ... Read the comments on here , all of them , then tell me how happy we are ... Give us 20%!! Or STFU... Ronald would be the first one bitching if his paycheck was constantly cut. Mr. Number one warehouse... I still laugh at that !!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5337 Apr 21, 2014
I brought up the "other distributor" issue a couple of weeks ago. In many of the C-stores around here, there are other distributors that bring in minis, small HBW and HMO pieces. I have gone around and around with legal for a year and a half. They claim since it is a slightly different size than what we carry, it is ok. I have found no where in the contract where it states you are buying the account except for a few items in different sizes. I have also in the past week finding thoses same size of HBW and HMO in Walmarts. There are usually a couple sticking in my shelf area that were probably stuck there from somewhere else in the store. I have not had time to see if they are actually stocked in quantity somewhere in the store.
ronald shootsblancs

Littleton, CO

#5338 Apr 22, 2014
"I want 20%. I don't want to pay PA's,, I want, I want, I want" Some of you seem to forget I don't control the commission rates, nor the PA's. Yet you keep whining about the same things. You all must be really tired cause all you do is keep running your mouths with the same topics. I wish some of you would put that much effort into your routes like you do running your mouths.
I don't know how many time I have to say that I can only control what I can control. You whine about my security with paychecks, health benefits, paid vacations. You whine that if you didn't sign the contracts you'd have no job. Last I've checked route sales wasn't the only job out there. I will reiterate the buy back program was more than fair. IBO's in this area made a profit of 7 times their routes when we bought their routes back and if they rebought back in. I can't speak for your area.
Bottom line is if you made the mistake of signing with S-L instead of signing with another IBO company making 20% that's on you. You can blame me for your mgmt telling you you were gonna make 20% and when the time comes you don't. What does that say about your business sense? Cause if that's the case I have routes here I will verbally tell you you'll make 25% commission.
Don't be jealous cause I've chosen a career where I receive bi weekly paychecks, benefits, 401K, paid vacations, and bonuses. There is nothing stopping any of you to do the same. You chose to be an IBO. You want to blame me for your decision? No problem. I will continue to support a growing company in an idustry where the skies the limit.
No different for you IBO's. I have many IBO's here that have expanded their territories. Yes, no one IBO can have more than one route, but the loop hole around that was placing under a families name. A mid 20's man just purchased his third route. He has 2 people working for him. Does he have complaints? Yes. Is he on here whining about it? No. He is successful because when he sees rod blocks he works around them. he doesn't stomp his feet and whine till someone coddles him. He will be retired before he's 50, guaranteed.
Tattooed pretzel

Heath, OH

#5339 Apr 22, 2014
"I want 20%. I don't want to pay PA's,, I want, I want, I want" Some of you seem to forget I don't control the commission rates, nor the PA's. Yet you keep whining about the same things. You all must be really tired cause all you do is keep running your mouths with the same topics. I wish some of you would put that much effort into your routes like you do running your mouths.
I don't know how many time I have to say that I can only control what I can control. You whine about my security with paychecks, health benefits, paid vacations. You whine that if you didn't sign the contracts you'd have no job. Last I've checked route sales wasn't the only job out there. I will reiterate the buy back program was more than fair. IBO's in this area made a profit of 7 times their routes when we bought their routes back and if they rebought back in. I can't speak for your area.
Bottom line is if you made the mistake of signing with S-L instead of signing with another IBO company making 20% that's on you. You can blame me for your mgmt telling you you were gonna make 20% and when the time comes you don't. What does that say about your business sense? Cause if that's the case I have routes here I will verbally tell you you'll make 25% commission.
Don't be jealous cause I've chosen a career where I receive bi weekly paychecks, benefits, 401K, paid vacations, and bonuses. There is nothing stopping any of you to do the same. You chose to be an IBO. You want to blame me for your decision? No problem. I will continue to support a growing company in an idustry where the skies the limit.
No different for you IBO's. I have many IBO's here that have expanded their territories. Yes, no one IBO can have more than one route, but the loop hole around that was placing under a families name. A mid 20's man just purchased his third route. He has 2 people working for him. Does he have complaints? Yes. Is he on here whining about it? No. He is successful because when he sees rod blocks he works around them. he doesn't stomp his feet and whine till someone coddles him. He will be retired before he's 50, guaranteed.
would you tell my zone manager to help me get my settlement terms fixed. We talked about it a month ago and I'm still waiting.
FORBES

Harpursville, NY

#5340 Apr 22, 2014
Ronald...are you as dense as you make yourself out to be??? We know YOU have no control over PA's or margins.. Try to absorb what I have just said. And you are the one that came in here and identified yourself as a Zone manager... If you can't take the heat the get out of this forum ... You are not being helpful in anyway ! You do nothing but tell us how great YOU are! Yeah, we get it. You're a wonderful zone manager and have the number one warehouse in the land. Every zone in this company would increase sales if they treated us fairly .... Now. Now , remember I'm not saying you , I'm talking about the higher ups .. Understand???
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5341 Apr 22, 2014
Well Ronald, there are dummies like that guy everywhere. He will probably be divorced before long. I'm glad you are happy with Snyders. When they stick it to you (and they will) we will see how happy you are then. We on this board will manage but the company will suffer until this is all resolved. My manager told me recently we are down company wide in Walmart. Might that be because of all the cross docks and screwing over IBO's on promotions?? Maybe so, maybe not. Truth be told Snyders is just treading water right now. We gain here but we lose there. It's all good. You stay up at night and figure it out. I'll spend my time working when I want and enjoying my family. You can spend your time selling routes and talking to yourself in your empty apartment while another IBO is enjoying your wife and kids. Seen it happen and you're well on your way. Snyders is your life, wife, and mistress. Enjoy!!
Oh well

Greenville, MS

#5342 Apr 22, 2014
Anyone here receiving incremental margin for high mileage routes then get it cut without notice because your sales increased???
FORBES

Harpursville, NY

#5343 Apr 22, 2014
Skies the limit?!?! I take it you never step foot out in the field ? Correct ? Because if you did then maybe you would see our concerns
FORBES

Harpursville, NY

#5344 Apr 22, 2014
Ricky Tell wrote:
Can a route be in someones name and someone else run it?
Yes
Ricky tell

Lock Haven, PA

#5345 Apr 22, 2014
FORBES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Thanks you can you explain how it all works?
abc123

Hanover, PA

#5346 Apr 22, 2014
Oh well wrote:
Anyone here receiving incremental margin for high mileage routes then get it cut without notice because your sales increased???
Never heard of that...curious..how many miles qualifies as "high mileage route"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan 15 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan 7 Tommy 32
Ummmm......yeah Jan 3 Meep 2
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan 3 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec 25 Fitus T Bluster 1
power outage littlestown pa (Nov '14) Dec '16 Javajunkie334 7
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov '16 Amanda 2

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages