Snyder's of Hanover
ronald shootsblanc

Sharon, MA

#5292 Apr 12, 2014
Rob in Scottsville, VA

Yes I do get get paid bi-weekly. You seem to blame me for your demise. Like I made you sign on the dotted line. You say if you didn't sign you'd lose your job. If you were a fomer lance company person then there was unemployment to collect while you found another job. If you were a fomer Snyders rep you would've received a hansome offer for your route. I've stated previously I was an IBO before I worked my way up to a ZM because of the attractive benifits. For me, that was a decision I made. You decided to sign, but yet you make it sound like it's my fault.
I have the #1 warehouse in the country. It's run the way S-L wants it to run. I'm only here because all the negative banter against S-L. You all keep thinking it's S-L fault for all of YOU signing the so called one way contract. If every other route sales company pays 20% commission and you signed here for less than what does that make you? A SMART BUSINESSMAN?
There are pressures that none of you IBO's know about that all mgmt goes through. The difference is we don't form a forum to air out our problems. The northeast is thriving, along with other regions of the country. I keep reiterating that potentional buyers should do their due diligence before purchasing a route. Certain products sell better in certain areas. "That's a no brainer" some would say, but yet I read all the complaints about this product doesn't do good here or that product sucks. Would the answer be to let all you IBO's do what you want to? next time S-L has a meeting with corporate accounts you should sit in and convice the corporate heads that your area should carry what you want, not what coporate wants on their shelves. Everyone seems to always talk a great game when they're on the outside looking in.
Again, with the PA's and commission decreases prior to the merger. How much does ads cost for Stop & Shop for example? S-L has to buy 4 minimum every year. So when S-L spends all this money for ads everywhere and you IBO's don't support the ads we have a problem with that. So it works both ways. One hand washes the other. I've always had an open door policy here at my location. I do listen to gripes, some good, most negative. I always promise to listen, but this world isn't perfect. Every potential IBO sees an opportunity to so call own a business. Who does the paperwork? Who has a compliance department to make sure things are carried out the way it should be. Who has a payroll dept, an HR dept, a DN force to be the buffer between IBO and mgmt, millions in expenses, and stock holders to keep happy? So to scale it down so you can understand you own a business, though most of you are owner and worker. S-L's ownership is just on a larger scale, except there are thousands of people to manage. You manage yourself, or another person working for you. So to say you have gripes about certain things S-L has gripes with 3000 IBO's at times, along with thousands of office people.
Like I've said before I'm not here to go back and forth with you. I can only speak for my area and IBO's. Are all of them happpy? No. Are things perfect? No. Do some IBO's hate me and want to do bodily harm to me? Probably. But remember this first. This warehouse was NOT #1 when I first took over..........
Wharfs for cape cod

Three Springs, PA

#5293 Apr 12, 2014
Ronald , answer me this. Why did Carl Lee, Singer, and Marty lie at a meeting about 20%. The lies started there and have not ended. When that is made right this forum would disappear. This forum is bringing light to the lies that were told. Plain and simple. Were you part of these lies. Or will you tell me I was hearing things at that meeting. Sorry, I wrote some of these things down word for word. You can continue to try to baffle others with your BS but until you address this issue this board will continue to exist because WE DONT TRUST YOU! Do you hear us now??
20 years as a IBO

Lawrenceville, GA

#5294 Apr 13, 2014
Ronald, if you were a IBO then you should understand the gripes. You talk about signing the dotted line a lot. Lets see, I signed the dotted line where we were promised C2 credit for damages and rejects in the box from the depot. We are told NO C2 by our warehouse manager even though its stated on that contract we signed on the dotted line. The same dotted linewe signed that stated SL would do everything in there power to keep us supplied with product. Then told during the holidays by our warehouse manager that SL told him to sell out and not reorder product until the first of the year to keep the warehouse low on product so they wouldn't have to pay as much in taxes. 90% of the IBO's here went Christmas week without a check. Merry Christmas screw over thanks to SL.
I could and can cont to put up example after example of how we are daily screwed over by SL on all levels from the warehouse to upper management.
A simple solution would fix the broken partnership between us. Pay us the industry standard of 20%, put us on the same pay system as Pepperidge so we have the product to serve our stores correctly and come up with a different PA scale.
In return, we will push displays when on promo, keep stores serviced and full and grow this company to the 3 billion we all want.
Keep it the same and IBO will sell truck down to ensure a weekly check, no displays while on promo to keep our PA costs down, miss stops because we have to make sure there is a profit to drive out to service a store that really could wait.
Its got to stop being only in the company best interest. Its a two way road. Unhappy IBOs is a knife in the heart of every company. You guys know it or you wouldn't be here. Its disease killing this company. SL has the cure. Treat us and make this company a power house it can be.
FORBES

Fayetteville, NY

#5295 Apr 13, 2014
20 years as a IBO wrote:
Ronald, if you were a IBO then you should understand the gripes. You talk about signing the dotted line a lot. Lets see, I signed the dotted line where we were promised C2 credit for damages and rejects in the box from the depot. We are told NO C2 by our warehouse manager even though its stated on that contract we signed on the dotted line. The same dotted linewe signed that stated SL would do everything in there power to keep us supplied with product. Then told during the holidays by our warehouse manager that SL told him to sell out and not reorder product until the first of the year to keep the warehouse low on product so they wouldn't have to pay as much in taxes. 90% of the IBO's here went Christmas week without a check. Merry Christmas screw over thanks to SL.
I could and can cont to put up example after example of how we are daily screwed over by SL on all levels from the warehouse to upper management.
A simple solution would fix the broken partnership between us. Pay us the industry standard of 20%, put us on the same pay system as Pepperidge so we have the product to serve our stores correctly and come up with a different PA scale.
In return, we will push displays when on promo, keep stores serviced and full and grow this company to the 3 billion we all want.
Keep it the same and IBO will sell truck down to ensure a weekly check, no displays while on promo to keep our PA costs down, miss stops because we have to make sure there is a profit to drive out to service a store that really could wait.
Its got to stop being only in the company best interest. Its a two way road. Unhappy IBOs is a knife in the heart of every company. You guys know it or you wouldn't be here. Its disease killing this company. SL has the cure. Treat us and make this company a power house it can be.
20 years, amen to you! Because of SL screwed up
profit structure I am now selling down to almost nothing each week just to not owe them. This in turn not only hurts me but also SL. But are they concerned? Yes, but their answer is to get out if you don't like it. But on the other side of their collective mouths they tell you sell sell sell, which is great but it isn't that easy!. Here's a suggestion for all you SL management people . FIX THE PROFIT STRUCTURE FOR THE IBO!! Paying us 20% is not that outrageous, it's the industry standard! Why do you think Pepperidge IBO's don't complain? Because they are treated as partners not employees!
And "Ronald" , you make it sound as if the only way SL is to make money is to steal the PA from the IBO. Does the company not make a profit on the product that they sell ?? We also dish out 35.00 a week to help with the office help and HH support, so get off of your high horse and tell it like it is. No more BS, we hear it each and every day from management. You come out here when it's 10 degrees or 90 degrees , during a snowstorm or any other type of weather , then tell me I'm complaint to much. You sit on your ass collecting your six figure paycheck while we are the ones that drive the success of this company. Get that through your thick skull
Wharfs for cape cod

Millersville, MD

#5296 Apr 13, 2014
20 years is 100% on point! Well said! My gut says Ronald will not have the courage to answer you because he simply does not have answers. They are happy with the way things are because they are making money at unprecedented levels. Carl Lee and the guys making 500k plus so why should they worry, right Ronald???
FORBES

Fayetteville, NY

#5297 Apr 13, 2014
ronald shootsblanc wrote:
Rob in Scottsville, VA
Yes I do get get paid bi-weekly. You seem to blame me for your demise. Like I made you sign on the dotted line. You say if you didn't sign you'd lose your job. If you were a fomer lance company person then there was unemployment to collect while you found another job. If you were a fomer Snyders rep you would've received a hansome offer for your route. I've stated previously I was an IBO before I worked my way up to a ZM because of the attractive benifits. For me, that was a decision I made. You decided to sign, but yet you make it sound like it's my fault.
I have the #1 warehouse in the country. It's run the way S-L wants it to run. I'm only here because all the negative banter against S-L. You all keep thinking it's S-L fault for all of YOU signing the so called one way contract. If every other route sales company pays 20% commission and you signed here for less than what does that make you? A SMART BUSINESSMAN?
There are pressures that none of you IBO's know about that all mgmt goes through. The difference is we don't form a forum to air out our problems. The northeast is thriving, along with other regions of the country. I keep reiterating that potentional buyers should do their due diligence before purchasing a route. Certain products sell better in certain areas. "That's a no brainer" some would say, but yet I read all the complaints about this product doesn't do good here or that product sucks. Would the answer be to let all you IBO's do what you want to? next time S-L has a meeting with corporate accounts you should sit in and convice the corporate heads that your area should carry what you want, not what coporate wants on their shelves. Everyone seems to always talk a great game when they're on the outside looking in.
Again, with the PA's and commission decreases prior to the merger. How much does ads cost for Stop & Shop for example? S-L has to buy 4 minimum every year. So when S-L spends all this money for ads everywhere and you IBO's don't support the ads we have a problem with that. So it works both ways. One hand washes the other. I've always had an open door policy here at my location. I do listen to gripes, some good, most negative. I always promise to listen, but this world isn't perfect. Every potential IBO sees an opportunity to so call own a business. Who does the paperwork? Who has a compliance department to make sure things are carried out the way it should be. Who has a payroll dept, an HR dept, a DN force to be the buffer between IBO and mgmt, millions in expenses, and stock holders to keep happy? So to scale it down so you can understand you own a business, though most of you are owner and worker. S-L's ownership is just on a larger scale, except there are thousands of people to manage. You manage yourself, or another person working for you. So to say you have gripes about certain things S-L has gripes with 3000 IBO's at times, along with thousands of office people.
Like I've said before I'm not here to go back and forth with you. I can only speak for my area and IBO's. Are all of them happpy? No. Are things perfect? No. Do some IBO's hate me and want to do bodily harm to me? Probably. But remember this first. This warehouse was NOT #1 when I first took over..........
And we don't need an education on how a business is run.WE DO IT EVERYDAY
Fredo

Palm Harbor, FL

#5298 Apr 13, 2014
Well, I was considering purchasing a route in the Fl region. A well known company, with what I consider a good group of products. I don't seriously see that happening now. If there was one grievance out of ten, I could attribute that to; not everyone is going to be happy. With the amount I see on this site, I figure everyone can't be crazy. Looks as if I'll be looking elsewhere. Too bad. I really thought this might be a good opportunity.
Go Friars

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5299 Apr 13, 2014
Fredo wrote:
Well, I was considering purchasing a route in the Fl region. A well known company, with what I consider a good group of products. I don't seriously see that happening now. If there was one grievance out of ten, I could attribute that to; not everyone is going to be happy. With the amount I see on this site, I figure everyone can't be crazy. Looks as if I'll be looking elsewhere. Too bad. I really thought this might be a good opportunity.
Talk to me Fredo. I haven't worked for SL for almost 3 years but i can answer any questions you might have about IBO's in the area. SL is bad but if you work for Flowers or Bimbo you'll only make about 12-14%. Pepperidge Farm is the best deal. 20% on everything including BOGO's. There is a slight PA if you have a Wal Mart but you'll still come out making 18-19%.
Pastor john

Huntington, WV

#5300 Apr 13, 2014
I remember my first fight in school, a boy just kept on bullying me, everyday he kept coming, I would almost cry when I saw him coming. One day I met him in the bathroom at school, and I took my part! I kept swinging, and punching until I was sure he wasn't going to come back!! Guess what he didn't, he ran out like the punk he was!! Sl is going to keep pushing the ibos until we start to really fight back, but when we do instead of fixing things, sl will have to pay maybe millions to get us to stop swinging!! You can fix the problems now or pay big later!!
No shelf space

Portland, OR

#5301 Apr 14, 2014
Hey Ronald, you guys are doing a horrible job competing with Frito Lay. My Walmart and Target both got reset lately and I lost space in both. Frito Lay has 80 percent of the shelf space and we get whats leftover. The new products are good, but whats the point of adding new products if you don't have the space for them let alone the older products?? Then, there's the problem with my Supervalu stores. Maybe it's just my imagination, but you guys NEVER, NEVER have any hot deals for holidays or big sporting event weeks etc. You guys only have the good prices the week after. Oh thanks! I'm sure people are gonna buy snacks the week AFTER the Super Bowl. HA. Wake me up when you guys plan on competing with Frito Lay. Then I'll give a crap what you have to say!
FORBES

Schenectady, NY

#5302 Apr 14, 2014
No shelf space wrote:
Hey Ronald, you guys are doing a horrible job competing with Frito Lay. My Walmart and Target both got reset lately and I lost space in both. Frito Lay has 80 percent of the shelf space and we get whats leftover. The new products are good, but whats the point of adding new products if you don't have the space for them let alone the older products?? Then, there's the problem with my Supervalu stores. Maybe it's just my imagination, but you guys NEVER, NEVER have any hot deals for holidays or big sporting event weeks etc. You guys only have the good prices the week after. Oh thanks! I'm sure people are gonna buy snacks the week AFTER the Super Bowl. HA. Wake me up when you guys plan on competing with Frito Lay. Then I'll give a crap what you have to say!
Well said , but again, this will only fall on deaf ears. Or they will tell you to sell, something that is sounding better and better
Wharfs for cape cod

Millersville, MD

#5303 Apr 14, 2014
Have you all noticed Ronald has disappeared. Like I said, lots of opinions but no answers. Another loser in our team of losers in management. Snap!
FORBES

Pittsford, NY

#5304 Apr 14, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Have you all noticed Ronald has disappeared. Like I said, lots of opinions but no answers. Another loser in our team of losers in management. Snap!
Wharfs ... Very true , it's amazing how "Ronald" just disappeared once we had questions and he had zero answers !
Same old BS! Nothing productive comes out of management other then to look for ways to screw us over or try and get rid of the IBO's that question their methods. Then they become aggressive . Management started this us against them and management can fix it . The question is will they ?
All the money they save on truck expenses , and benefits that would be paid to "employees" and yet they still want more from us.. Incredible

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5305 Apr 14, 2014
I came in two years from outside the industry. I have run my own company before and understand business. i read and understood the contract and signed. The issue I have is that SL does NOT follow the contract and I was mislead (probably intentionally) about many things. The PA's I understand and accept but I was told promo was when something was on a sale or special. Walmart selling for the same price everyday is not a sale or special. Therefore 100% of what we sell Walmart has a PA with it, very misleading from what I was told. I was told I was buying an area. Now I am told no, you bought accounts. I was told I had exclusive rights to the accounts I bought but yet most of my C stores have other distributors bring in SL products. Legal tells me since they are a slightly different size, it is ok. I was told SL would have help available for me to hire to cover for me when necessary (they did for three months when I started) but got rid of them. I was told cross docks I would not have to handle but yet, it seems I spend more time dealing with them than I do product I bring in myself. I hope those of you that seem to think that since we "signed" that we should just deal with it, can see a pattern to how SL does business.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5306 Apr 14, 2014
Has anyone heard if we are getting credit towards the incentive program for all the crossdocks? If so has anyone seen the credit yet?
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5307 Apr 16, 2014
Fredo wrote:
Good move, unless your desperate for a job . Don't go near S-L worst IBO program out there
ronald shootsblancs

Jersey City, NJ

#5308 Apr 16, 2014
I don'y know where the hostility comes from. A few of you on here are malicious, whining, and complaining to me. I'm not here to answer your questions. You have DM's and a ZM to do that where your located. If I was a regional mgr I'd answer anything you'd like. Instead of whining why don't the few of you go out and maximize your net worth?

Like I've stated before I've worked my way to becoming the #1 warehouse. I didn't go on any forum and whine about how S-L is screwing me. I knew what was expected and perservered. If things aren't perfect for you then speak to someone until you get answers. That's the difference between you (IBO) and mgmt. You accept things lying down and whine about it. If things aren't working for me I do something about it.

If IBO's here have a problem my door is open. As a majority you IBO's are down in sales. And it's not because of the out of stocks. Instead of going against the grain, go with the grain. You might find out it's the way to make more money.

The only mistake I've made recently was coming on here and try to talk some sense into you guys. S-L doesn't see things bad right now, so why change it. It's the IBO's as a whole S-L is having trouble with. You guys are simply not working up to S-L expectations. That's in your control, not mgmt. So until S-L sees changes nothing will be done. Typical opera singers "ME, ME, ME, ME......" you want somehing for nothing. You want more money? Go out and open an account. You want benefits, paid vacations, 401K plan? Seel your route and get a job which pays them. You want change? Then you change your negative philosophies and then we'll talk..........
Forbes

Pittsford, NY

#5309 Apr 16, 2014
ronald shootsblancs wrote:
I don'y know where the hostility comes from. A few of you on here are malicious, whining, and complaining to me. I'm not here to answer your questions. You have DM's and a ZM to do that where your located. If I was a regional mgr I'd answer anything you'd like. Instead of whining why don't the few of you go out and maximize your net worth?
Like I've stated before I've worked my way to becoming the #1 warehouse. I didn't go on any forum and whine about how S-L is screwing me. I knew what was expected and perservered. If things aren't perfect for you then speak to someone until you get answers. That's the difference between you (IBO) and mgmt. You accept things lying down and whine about it. If things aren't working for me I do something about it.
If IBO's here have a problem my door is open. As a majority you IBO's are down in sales. And it's not because of the out of stocks. Instead of going against the grain, go with the grain. You might find out it's the way to make more money.
The only mistake I've made recently was coming on here and try to talk some sense into you guys. S-L doesn't see things bad right now, so why change it. It's the IBO's as a whole S-L is having trouble with. You guys are simply not working up to S-L expectations. That's in your control, not mgmt. So until S-L sees changes nothing will be done. Typical opera singers "ME, ME, ME, ME......" you want somehing for nothing. You want more money? Go out and open an account. You want benefits, paid vacations, 401K plan? Seel your route and get a job which pays them. You want change? Then you change your negative philosophies and then we'll talk..........
Are you serious??? You might not have whined about yourself, why? Because you get a nice big fat paycheck that's why. SL treats you fairly, THEY DO NOT TREATBTHE IBO fairly!! Get that through your thick skull. Answer me this ... Is giving the IBO a FULL 20% unfair??? And don't give us the BS about advertising because you and I both know that SL makes a nice hefty profit.do you think it's a picnic out here for the IBO? We have to fight daily with our completion, we do not want to have to fight with SL . We are supposed to be partners. UNDERSTAND??
And enough with the same old sell your route line. We get it!

So do us all a favor and leave this forum if you can't take the heat. Trying being a little more constructive please
Forbes

Pittsford, NY

#5310 Apr 16, 2014
ronald shootsblancs wrote:
And Ronald , you say all the IBO,s are down in sales. Do you feel that they are all screw ups?? Do you feel we do anything good? I treat my customers very well , they all like and respect me. When they have a party or some get together I always give them free product that I paid for.
Just give us a fair shake , that's all we want
slimy lance

Worcester, MA

#5311 Apr 17, 2014
SL's mo is to screw IBO's on a daily basis. That's how they do business. SL could not give a rat's ass about the IBO's that are making money for the company, while their inept management team push papers all day with their heads up their asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Jul 10 Truthfull1 11
Review: Happy Nails Jul 8 George Costanza 2
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun '15 gab 93
Snyder lance May '15 Torts 3
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages