Snyder's of Hanover
Free work

Aurora, CO

#5205 Mar 19, 2014
I'm in Texas and we have lost so many partner brands and space in the sets. Alot of these routes are in the negatives but they keep pushing this false reality out to everyone , selling. Corporate doesn't give a damn about us. There is good routes out there but are few and far between. They are legally stealing from the IBO's. They need to do the honorable thing and increase the margin or give us stale releif or reconstruct the damn routes. Nobody is making money down here we are all mostly in the negatives. I don't know how the snyders family sleeps at night.
Dce

Kansas City, MO

#5206 Mar 19, 2014
Free work wrote:
I'm in Texas and we have lost so many partner brands and space in the sets. Alot of these routes are in the negatives but they keep pushing this false reality out to everyone , selling. Corporate doesn't give a damn about us. There is good routes out there but are few and far between. They are legally stealing from the IBO's. They need to do the honorable thing and increase the margin or give us stale releif or reconstruct the damn routes. Nobody is making money down here we are all mostly in the negatives. I don't know how the snyders family sleeps at night.
what partner brands did you lose and why did you lose them
Christina

Santa Ana, CA

#5207 Mar 19, 2014
Yes very serious. Asking for a very specific and important reason

Since: Jun 13

New Lenox, IL

#5208 Mar 19, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
For all you guys that think you're doing so great google Snyders Lance bonuses and see what Carl Lee and the crew are pulling in - over a million a year plus stock options, etc. And what have they done directly for you pray tell??? Nothing!! Zero, nada!! So don't give me the "stick your nose to the grindstone" crap! I've been around long enough to know better. They are in it for themselves and so am I. They don't care about me and the feelings mutual. I do what I can for my customers but in the long run it matters most what Snyders Lance is willing to invest in them and me. Hey, ya get what ya pay for. You're getting 17% worth of effort. Pay us the 20%(that you promised) and you might see some change. This whole situation is disappointing. It could be so much better. It's the cocky Snyders Lance attitude that disturbs me the most and the ones that have done the least in this company seem to have it. Like "snack time" and "then quit" - you are either management trolls of newbies, one or the other.
34 years in this bussiness , 7 with snyders. Why don't you retread your post? Start investing in yourself and your attitude, you think i give a fuck about sl? Nope, they don't care about me, i care for myself and my bussiness. You should do the same, i thought this was more of a site where distributors could bs. Why are you so concerned with others people money? I work hard, and I have it, go work for Frito lay and do the same complaing, no go work for pepperidge farm, no go work for little Debbie , you are the one who don't know how to work it? You let it work you. Keep up on your googling, Carl lee, you care so much you google him?????? Get a life!!!!!!!

New Lenox, IL

#5209 Mar 19, 2014
Christina wrote:
I would like to know how the payroll works for an independent distributor. I owned a bread route in the past as an independent distributor and was paid directly by that company. However, Snyder's/lance is telling me they don't handle any payroll or income for their independent distributors. Obviously their products aren't being delivered for free, someone has to be paying the distributor, so who?
Wtf, you were not a independent distributor for that bread company if you were on the payroll! Are you serious, you buy the product, stores pay you money for the product you make a profit etc. Google it, the guy in previous posts is pretty good at googling his life, ask him how it's done .

New Lenox, IL

#5210 Mar 19, 2014
Christina wrote:
Yes very serious. Asking for a very specific and important reason
Joe sold me a bag of pretzels for a dollar, i bought it. I sold you the bag for 2 dollars. You paid me
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

#5211 Mar 20, 2014
Snack time - you bet your life that Snyders Lance wishes they had over 200 knuckleheads just like you. They would be sitting back in meetings right now figuring out more ways to take money out of your pocket. Heck, after reading your posts they might cut % to 15 since you're doing so well. Why don't you start another forum for people like you and call it "Snyders Lance buttkissers - we can read how you love the kool-aid. Lol - you're posts crack me up.
free work

Aurora, CO

#5212 Mar 20, 2014
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>what partner brands did you lose and why did you lose them
Since the merger we have lost food that should taste good, On the border, xchotil, zapps, even kettle brand in the Heb grocery chain. Which they did calculate the loss of kettlebrand before they sold the routes. Bottom line is that the Heb grocery chain has taken those items one by one warehouse and minimized the set on the chip aisle to 9 fronts of pretzels on the bottom shelf. And that's in my major volume store. Certain guys can't even sell there routes cause they are upside down. They charge us for these partner brand averages in the routes and then we loose them and get no reimbursement. We have picked up one decent partner brand since that major loss Hubert's. What happens is that heb squeezes these partner companies to go warehouse or take them out of the set and they fold.
free work

Aurora, CO

#5213 Mar 20, 2014
In fact one of the hardest hitting guys in the district was averaging 14k plus a week when the routes were sold, now he says he is lucky if he can hit 7. These are his words that should tell you how bad it is.
Christina

Phoenix, AZ

#5214 Mar 20, 2014
Let me elaborate.....I was an independant distributor and I owned the bread route and I received the funds when it was sold. I did not state I was on the company payroll, I said received payments directly from them. Maybe I should have been clearer. I received direct payment from my vendors, but I always also received a check from the bread company for commission on the sale of their products. What I am inquiring is although Snyder's may not have any way to verify what the distributor is receiving directly from the vendors, should they not have some income information regarding what they are paying the distributor in commission? You all are talking about your percentage of commission, what I want to know is how to verify what's being paid in commission since SL states they don't handle or have any records of distributor income.
Anonymous

Moreno Valley, CA

#5215 Mar 20, 2014
You are all getting suckered by Snyders. i had a route and was making about 4.5 million for Sniders. The stores sucked and I worked all week. I was suppose to be off Wed & Sun, but that didn't work out. I had to monitor the stores. Sniders wanted my route back and wanted me to pay them more money. I gave it back to them. they were saying that I cheated my customers after i refuse to pay the extra money to them. Well they don't sell much chip in my place any more. So watch out please!
FORBES

Schenectady, NY

#5216 Mar 20, 2014
SnackTime wrote:
<quoted text>
34 years in this bussiness , 7 with snyders. Why don't you retread your post? Start investing in yourself and your attitude, you think i give a fuck about sl? Nope, they don't care about me, i care for myself and my bussiness. You should do the same, i thought this was more of a site where distributors could bs. Why are you so concerned with others people money? I work hard, and I have it, go work for Frito lay and do the same complaing, no go work for pepperidge farm, no go work for little Debbie , you are the one who don't know how to work it? You let it work you. Keep up on your googling, Carl lee, you care so much you google him?????? Get a life!!!!!!!
snacktime.... Why don't you peddle your bullshit elsewhere?? Your comments and thoughts are nothing but the company line , so go kiss their ass
FORBES

Schenectady, NY

#5217 Mar 20, 2014
Christina wrote:
Let me elaborate.....I was an independant distributor and I owned the bread route and I received the funds when it was sold. I did not state I was on the company payroll, I said received payments directly from them. Maybe I should have been clearer. I received direct payment from my vendors, but I always also received a check from the bread company for commission on the sale of their products. What I am inquiring is although Snyder's may not have any way to verify what the distributor is receiving directly from the vendors, should they not have some income information regarding what they are paying the distributor in commission? You all are talking about your percentage of commission, what I want to know is how to verify what's being paid in commission since SL states they don't handle or have any records of distributor income.
You can't be that clueless ... You were never an independent anything , just another company plant... Take a hike
Christina

Phoenix, AZ

#5218 Mar 20, 2014
Can you say douchebag? I know what the hell I was. I owned the Damn route as an independent distributor and have the contract still to prove it. Maybe that company ran things Differently than Snyder's but that's why I asked how Snyder's process works. If you don't want to answer or only respond just to be an ass then keep your mouth shut.
FORBES

United States

#5219 Mar 20, 2014
Christina wrote:
Can you say douchebag? I know what the hell I was. I owned the Damn route as an independent distributor and have the contract still to prove it. Maybe that company ran things Differently than Snyder's but that's why I asked how Snyder's process works. If you don't want to answer or only respond just to be an ass then keep your mouth shut.
Obviously you were not successful , they are called 1099's moron
slibosnax

Allentown, PA

#5220 Mar 20, 2014
Christina wrote:
S-L pays sales minus loads minus stales minus cost(route,truck,paperwork).
promos are figured sales times .82. Figures are on your day ending printout. Money is directly deposited to your business account
Christina

Phoenix, AZ

#5221 Mar 20, 2014
Thanks Slibosnax for your reply. I'm simply saying that for SL to state they pay nothing to the distributor and have no information what so ever about what the distributor makes is BS.
slibosnax

Allentown, PA

#5222 Mar 20, 2014
Christina wrote:
Thanks Slibosnax for your reply. I'm simply saying that for SL to state they pay nothing to the distributor and have no information what so ever about what the distributor makes is BS.
S-L is very tight lipped when it comes to finances or money. I had to figure out the pay formula on my own after I bought the route because no one would give a straight answer before the change over. Some of these guys can be real whiners but it is true that S-L does not communicate well.
FORBES

Rochester, NY

#5223 Mar 20, 2014
Christina wrote:
You are so full of BS ....., why wouldn't you just ask SL for clarification
Christina

Perris, CA

#5224 Mar 20, 2014
Fyi I spoke to several managers and Reps there and they all refused any info and denied having any. I'm not interested in a route, wasn't asking for that reason. They were to provide a distributors income information in regards to a court case but claimed they didn't have any and that's why I was questioning how they operate with their distributors. Could give a rat's ass what you think forbes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Jan 17 Cracker Man 15
don't date in this S%I^hole town Jan 16 Jsmith 1
Medical Littlestown Community pool Dec 23 Sunshine 1
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov '17 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov '17 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
Fill dirt (Jun '17) Aug '17 Ticklish 10

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance