Comments
4,901 - 4,920 of 5,426 Comments Last updated Thursday
Obummer

Charlotte, NC

#5123 Feb 17, 2014
Yaz in Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not! It's called double dipping.
Stales and promo shares are being deducted before you get to your final route settlement number at the end of each week, you then pay taxes on what you actually got paid not on what you would have made.
How do I know? been through a lengthy and complicated audit just recently years 09,10,11. These were points of discussion.
If you're doing it you may want to quit while you're ahead. My 02cents.
of course the 35 bucks a week u pay to the great s-l help staff is tax deductible and any interest on these bad credit Ponzi schemes maw loans are also .

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5124 Feb 18, 2014
Yesterday, I was given a termination letter! When I asked why, I was told I have invoices that are in question.....$18,000.00 worth!!!!! As you could imagine, I was shocked! I asked what invoices were in question, I have all the necessary paperwork to clear this up quickly! They seemed shocked at my response, I don't think they expected me to say that. They then added, over the last year, I've somehow sold $10,000.00 more product then I purchased from the warehouse!! So, now I "owe" $28,000.00!!!!! I've been an "IO" for SL for 6 years...... in that 6 years, I have had 2 write ups (not bad for the write up happy company) I've increased my sales, minimal stales, I run a bin route as good as or better than most! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm salesman of the year, just trying to paint a picture!
I need help! If there are any attorney's reading this, do I have a leg to stand on for wrongful termination?

Since: May 13

Madison, TN

#5125 Feb 18, 2014
What accounts are in question? Like Walmart? That's confusing on the termination part.
Obummer

Charlotte, NC

#5126 Feb 18, 2014
Buckeye for life wrote:
Yesterday, I was given a termination letter! When I asked why, I was told I have invoices that are in question.....$18,000.00 worth!!!!! As you could imagine, I was shocked! I asked what invoices were in question, I have all the necessary paperwork to clear this up quickly! They seemed shocked at my response, I don't think they expected me to say that. They then added, over the last year, I've somehow sold $10,000.00 more product then I purchased from the warehouse!! So, now I "owe" $28,000.00!!!!! I've been an "IO" for SL for 6 years...... in that 6 years, I have had 2 write ups (not bad for the write up happy company) I've increased my sales, minimal stales, I run a bin route as good as or better than most! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm salesman of the year, just trying to paint a picture!
I need help! If there are any attorney's reading this, do I have a leg to stand on for wrongful termination?
boys and girls that's what happens when u sign a one sided contract .. They can pretty much bend you over @ any time !
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5127 Feb 18, 2014
Buckeye for life wrote:
If you know someone who can recommend an attorney ,pretty much just need to find one who does wrongful termination cases, shouldn't be hard to find one. Sounds like S-L is screwing with you, they believe most individuals wont fight them back . Most attorneys don't charge for a general consultation.
questions

Hanover, PA

#5128 Feb 18, 2014
My 2 cents... a good attorney can almost do anything...I've been told snyders can by your route back at anytime..however...they can not determine "fair" market value...just like if we are buying a car..we can not tell the dealership how much they will sell us the car for!! Your route is an asset...should grow in value...ratio's increase with time. The price snyders buys your route back for will not be the price you paid unless you agree...any good attorney would concur. As for stales and promos...depends who you talk to but both are a loss and can be written off...I understand they are deducted off the top line but we are paid a percentage...promo share is money you earned but is taken back and stales you lose dollar for dollar not just a percentage...therefore both are losses and can be written off...find a good cpa and attorney and you all will be fine...happens everyday!! Why do you all think companies have attorneys and cpa's ???
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5129 Feb 19, 2014
questions wrote:
My 2 cents... a good attorney can almost do anything...I've been told snyders can by your route back at anytime..however...they can not determine "fair" market value...just like if we are buying a car..we can not tell the dealership how much they will sell us the car for!! Your route is an asset...should grow in value...ratio's increase with time. The price snyders buys your route back for will not be the price you paid unless you agree...any good attorney would concur. As for stales and promos...depends who you talk to but both are a loss and can be written off...I understand they are deducted off the top line but we are paid a percentage...promo share is money you earned but is taken back and stales you lose dollar for dollar not just a percentage...therefore both are losses and can be written off...find a good cpa and attorney and you all will be fine...happens everyday!! Why do you all think companies have attorneys and cpa's ???
Like your comments but would like to add, Snyders wouldn't want to determine fair market because they know it would add great value to the route in question . Had a fight with one of the main bread co's and wound up in mediation before going to court. My lawyer (I paid for) an expert accountant to determine fair market value for my route and what I would have earned to retirement . Numbers were astounding. Most people don't think you can fight the "Big" guys, but it can be done. In my case I spent less than 10k and settlement cost them low 6 figures. I was not allowed to leave mediation hearing before signing a confidentiality agreement (1st draft was a temporary one, final was 12 pages long) Funny the guy who caused this, and cost his company a lot of money was removed from his position after less than two weeks after my hearing, they didn't stand up for their own !
Pastor john

United States

#5130 Feb 19, 2014
I ask a few weeks back even put my personel email on here, to see if anyone wanted to get an attorney! No use crying about having to feed a cow if you're still drinking the milk!! The only way sl is going to notice us is in court!! I give up I see a lot of complaining but no one makes a move, I am contacting my dm today and putting my route up for sale. But I still will get together with anyone who wants to get an attorney. As for the guy who sold more than he bought, sl doesn't know if you picked up stale or rolled product you picked up as stale.
low baller

Hanover, PA

#5131 Feb 19, 2014
Pastor john wrote:
I ask a few weeks back even put my personel email on here, to see if anyone wanted to get an attorney! No use crying about having to feed a cow if you're still drinking the milk!! The only way sl is going to notice us is in court!! I give up I see a lot of complaining but no one makes a move, I am contacting my dm today and putting my route up for sale. But I still will get together with anyone who wants to get an attorney. As for the guy who sold more than he bought, sl doesn't know if you picked up stale or rolled product you picked up as stale.
or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
Southern snack lady

Pearl, MS

#5132 Feb 19, 2014
low baller wrote:
<quoted text>or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
or if you bought it from another IBO
screwed

East Lansing, MI

#5133 Feb 19, 2014
low baller wrote:
<quoted text>or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
could of been buying back cross docks also. How much stale dollars do you guys run a week? I'm around $100. Just wondering if that is about average??
Michelle

United States

#5135 Feb 22, 2014
My husband and I are looking into getting a route. Online its says you have to obtain insurance? What type of insurance are they referring to? Thank you
Oh well

Greenville, MS

#5136 Feb 22, 2014
Insurance for your delivery vehicle and general liability insurance. Before calling for quotes get the specific wording as some companies will not issue a policy the way SL requires it. My insurance company of 20 years referred me elsewhere because of SLs specific wording.
Please think carefully about signing a contract. You can make money but its not a walk in the park.
Pastor john

United States

#5137 Feb 22, 2014
I'd say please reconsider before you buy a route, it's all smoke and mirrors, there is a lot of double dealing, and stabbing in the back, they sell you a route and then sell to your customers at an overflow rate, cut your percentage, and make you responsible for the stale!! I have been in dsd business all my life,and this company is the worst I have ever dealt with!!
Wharfs for Cap Cod

Gettysburg, PA

#5138 Feb 23, 2014
I can't imagine a company caring less than Snyder's. That's to be expected because they didn't care before we were IBO's but it's the lying that bugs me. When you tell guys 20% then start at 17 then make it sound like you did us a favor by raising it to 18 (while paying 19) right down the street it fosters an atmosphere of distrust. It is a broken system administered by a broken company. Off the record all the management and employees tell you what a cluster#### corporate is. Carl Lee and that group just screwed up a good thing for short term gain. We are the joke of DSD in the market. When is the last time you gained space at a reset?? Empty promises Carl!! You, Dan Morgan, and Marty should move on and let some real snack people right this ship. Going on internet to see what bonuses the shareholders "gave" you guys. What a waste of good money.
Wharfs for Cap Cod

Gettysburg, PA

#5139 Feb 23, 2014
By the way, saw our cracked sales down 12% last quarter. Wonder who lost their job over that for changing packaging on crackers? Thanks for losing more business for us you overthinking knuckleheads!!
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5140 Feb 23, 2014
http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Manufacturers/...

They always tell us how bad they are doing, but last week CEO says earnings were up 22% and sales were up 9% for the company in 2013
Obummer

Indianapolis, IN

#5141 Feb 23, 2014
Wharfs for Cap Cod wrote:
By the way, saw our cracked sales down 12% last quarter. Wonder who lost their job over that for changing packaging on crackers? Thanks for losing more business for us you overthinking knuckleheads!!
lance tried the same crap changing home packaging few years ago and it tanked .. Now they are going to make the wheat line 6 pack and try to kill them !
gasnacks

Mcdonough, GA

#5142 Feb 23, 2014
Has any one of y'all got paid for bolds cross docks for walmart I had them in there 3 weeks My dm does not have a clue
Obummer

Charlotte, NC

#5143 Feb 23, 2014
gasnacks wrote:
Has any one of y'all got paid for bolds cross docks for walmart I had them in there 3 weeks My dm does not have a clue
nope .. And I saw a pallet of cape cod yesterday in there . Hell we haven't got paid for on the border pallets in Kroger it's probably been 6 weeks .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 1 hr sammy 159
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr Obama Defends Mus... 3,924
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 7 hr Our Community Org... 51,303
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••