Snyder's of Hanover
Corn krunchers blow

Davidson, NC

#5116 Feb 13, 2014
just trying to get by wrote:
<quoted text>You better get a good CPA because they are deducted from what you would have made. Stales and promo come straight off your bottom line. Say you sold 10,000 in product. 1800 is what you should make in commission. Then they take promo, stales, route payment and service fees from the 1800. All are deductible on your taxes.
SL this is why overall sells are down and why if you cont down this path of screwing you IBO's this company will drop even further. Your sales force is new, inexperience and clueless. You have ran off the majority of your seasoned IBO's because of your BS policies , lowest commission in industry and poor management. Now you have a bunch of greenhorns that don't know the business nor how to run their own company. That is why they ar e dropping like flies in a Raid fog.
home pack packaging, dumping so much money on these dog korn krunchers .. Got everything so high now you only sale product when it's on sale they keep making stupid decisions !
Richie Incognito

Worcester, MA

#5117 Feb 15, 2014
FORBES wrote:
<quoted text>
Great comments but there will never be change with this company unless the IBO's unite ... Strength in numbers ... Alone we are nothing but a pesky fly to the know it alls in management ..
To all you guys who say:
We gotta
We should
We need to
We all should..
Many people in many different states follow this blog. It is very easy to set up a protest day in which the trucks do not go out.
People need to be clear, constructive form a date, game plan as to when a good time to stop the trucks rolling.
Some concerns that have been voiced are:
1. Pay structure- being paid the least of any independent distributor.
2. Independence- how can one be termed the name IBO when you are constantly being told what to do, how to do it...ie planograming racks etc..
3. Promotional allowance- real mony being taken out of your hard earned pocket . When it is raining or snowing or 2 degrees out or 100 degrees out. Whether your sick, or others are sick around you or a death in the family or your truck is down, you all work hard and that money is taken away from you.
Here is a good place to start with some talking points. Let's have some good conversation on this board and create a plan.
All you men and women are smart, hard workers and deserve much more from S/L!
The management of this company looks at this site and it is about time they respect you more.
Organize, be determined, talk with all your IBOs in your warehouse. Get them on the same page as everyone in the country and you may start to see changes..
Thanks
Wharfs for Cape Cod

Hanover, PA

#5118 Feb 15, 2014
They offer no incentives. Give us good, promotable products, quit siphoning off promo money, hire someone to run our vacations (who I would gladly pay) and offer incentives to do some things "your way" (otherwise they are done my way - sections set to what I say sells). You get what you pay for - by the way you could offer up some niclooking company uniform items at deep discount but if not I will continue to wear jeans and sweatshirts, no problem. The problems are the same. Carl Lee, Marty Staunton, Dan Morgan, and Mike Rutter need to wake up and listen. Do you hear us???
hmmmmm

Hanover, PA

#5119 Feb 16, 2014
why do some warehouses have product that we have not had for weeks?? Trucking issues?? why only to our warehouse??
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5120 Feb 16, 2014
hmmmmm wrote:
why do some warehouses have product that we have not had for weeks?? Trucking issues?? why only to our warehouse??
Depends on who's is doing the ordering, but the problem is the same all over ! We are out of product daily, Their only concern about product is getting new items out, and covering their promotions, They could care less !

When we were told Halloween sacks would not be covered this year, Our IBO's refused to take the product out. Was nice to see 3 1/2pallets of his product go of date in the depot. Same thing for Holiday shaped pretzels. Our feelings are if you don't support us we will not support you.

Only way to show them, is not to buy what you don't want !
Yaz in Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5121 Feb 16, 2014
stale party wrote:
Does any know this answer?are you stales and promo loses tax deductible?a lot of us around here are having trouble writing them off with are accounts.
Absolutely not! It's called double dipping.

Stales and promo shares are being deducted before you get to your final route settlement number at the end of each week, you then pay taxes on what you actually got paid not on what you would have made.

How do I know? been through a lengthy and complicated audit just recently years 09,10,11. These were points of discussion.

If you're doing it you may want to quit while you're ahead. My 02cents.
sam

Arlington, VA

#5122 Feb 17, 2014
Anyyhing else in your points of discussion that would be helpful
Obummer

Charlotte, NC

#5123 Feb 17, 2014
Yaz in Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not! It's called double dipping.
Stales and promo shares are being deducted before you get to your final route settlement number at the end of each week, you then pay taxes on what you actually got paid not on what you would have made.
How do I know? been through a lengthy and complicated audit just recently years 09,10,11. These were points of discussion.
If you're doing it you may want to quit while you're ahead. My 02cents.
of course the 35 bucks a week u pay to the great s-l help staff is tax deductible and any interest on these bad credit Ponzi schemes maw loans are also .

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5124 Feb 18, 2014
Yesterday, I was given a termination letter! When I asked why, I was told I have invoices that are in question.....$18,000.00 worth!!!!! As you could imagine, I was shocked! I asked what invoices were in question, I have all the necessary paperwork to clear this up quickly! They seemed shocked at my response, I don't think they expected me to say that. They then added, over the last year, I've somehow sold $10,000.00 more product then I purchased from the warehouse!! So, now I "owe" $28,000.00!!!!! I've been an "IO" for SL for 6 years...... in that 6 years, I have had 2 write ups (not bad for the write up happy company) I've increased my sales, minimal stales, I run a bin route as good as or better than most! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm salesman of the year, just trying to paint a picture!
I need help! If there are any attorney's reading this, do I have a leg to stand on for wrongful termination?

Since: May 13

Madison, TN

#5125 Feb 18, 2014
What accounts are in question? Like Walmart? That's confusing on the termination part.
Obummer

Charlotte, NC

#5126 Feb 18, 2014
Buckeye for life wrote:
Yesterday, I was given a termination letter! When I asked why, I was told I have invoices that are in question.....$18,000.00 worth!!!!! As you could imagine, I was shocked! I asked what invoices were in question, I have all the necessary paperwork to clear this up quickly! They seemed shocked at my response, I don't think they expected me to say that. They then added, over the last year, I've somehow sold $10,000.00 more product then I purchased from the warehouse!! So, now I "owe" $28,000.00!!!!! I've been an "IO" for SL for 6 years...... in that 6 years, I have had 2 write ups (not bad for the write up happy company) I've increased my sales, minimal stales, I run a bin route as good as or better than most! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm salesman of the year, just trying to paint a picture!
I need help! If there are any attorney's reading this, do I have a leg to stand on for wrongful termination?
boys and girls that's what happens when u sign a one sided contract .. They can pretty much bend you over @ any time !
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5127 Feb 18, 2014
Buckeye for life wrote:
Yesterday, I was given a termination letter! When I asked why, I was told I have invoices that are in question.....$18,000.00 worth!!!!! As you could imagine, I was shocked! I asked what invoices were in question, I have all the necessary paperwork to clear this up quickly! They seemed shocked at my response, I don't think they expected me to say that. They then added, over the last year, I've somehow sold $10,000.00 more product then I purchased from the warehouse!! So, now I "owe" $28,000.00!!!!! I've been an "IO" for SL for 6 years...... in that 6 years, I have had 2 write ups (not bad for the write up happy company) I've increased my sales, minimal stales, I run a bin route as good as or better than most! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm salesman of the year, just trying to paint a picture!
I need help! If there are any attorney's reading this, do I have a leg to stand on for wrongful termination?
If you know someone who can recommend an attorney ,pretty much just need to find one who does wrongful termination cases, shouldn't be hard to find one. Sounds like S-L is screwing with you, they believe most individuals wont fight them back . Most attorneys don't charge for a general consultation.
questions

Hanover, PA

#5128 Feb 18, 2014
My 2 cents... a good attorney can almost do anything...I've been told snyders can by your route back at anytime..however...they can not determine "fair" market value...just like if we are buying a car..we can not tell the dealership how much they will sell us the car for!! Your route is an asset...should grow in value...ratio's increase with time. The price snyders buys your route back for will not be the price you paid unless you agree...any good attorney would concur. As for stales and promos...depends who you talk to but both are a loss and can be written off...I understand they are deducted off the top line but we are paid a percentage...promo share is money you earned but is taken back and stales you lose dollar for dollar not just a percentage...therefore both are losses and can be written off...find a good cpa and attorney and you all will be fine...happens everyday!! Why do you all think companies have attorneys and cpa's ???
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

#5129 Feb 19, 2014
questions wrote:
My 2 cents... a good attorney can almost do anything...I've been told snyders can by your route back at anytime..however...they can not determine "fair" market value...just like if we are buying a car..we can not tell the dealership how much they will sell us the car for!! Your route is an asset...should grow in value...ratio's increase with time. The price snyders buys your route back for will not be the price you paid unless you agree...any good attorney would concur. As for stales and promos...depends who you talk to but both are a loss and can be written off...I understand they are deducted off the top line but we are paid a percentage...promo share is money you earned but is taken back and stales you lose dollar for dollar not just a percentage...therefore both are losses and can be written off...find a good cpa and attorney and you all will be fine...happens everyday!! Why do you all think companies have attorneys and cpa's ???
Like your comments but would like to add, Snyders wouldn't want to determine fair market because they know it would add great value to the route in question . Had a fight with one of the main bread co's and wound up in mediation before going to court. My lawyer (I paid for) an expert accountant to determine fair market value for my route and what I would have earned to retirement . Numbers were astounding. Most people don't think you can fight the "Big" guys, but it can be done. In my case I spent less than 10k and settlement cost them low 6 figures. I was not allowed to leave mediation hearing before signing a confidentiality agreement (1st draft was a temporary one, final was 12 pages long) Funny the guy who caused this, and cost his company a lot of money was removed from his position after less than two weeks after my hearing, they didn't stand up for their own !
Pastor john

United States

#5130 Feb 19, 2014
I ask a few weeks back even put my personel email on here, to see if anyone wanted to get an attorney! No use crying about having to feed a cow if you're still drinking the milk!! The only way sl is going to notice us is in court!! I give up I see a lot of complaining but no one makes a move, I am contacting my dm today and putting my route up for sale. But I still will get together with anyone who wants to get an attorney. As for the guy who sold more than he bought, sl doesn't know if you picked up stale or rolled product you picked up as stale.
low baller

Hanover, PA

#5131 Feb 19, 2014
Pastor john wrote:
I ask a few weeks back even put my personel email on here, to see if anyone wanted to get an attorney! No use crying about having to feed a cow if you're still drinking the milk!! The only way sl is going to notice us is in court!! I give up I see a lot of complaining but no one makes a move, I am contacting my dm today and putting my route up for sale. But I still will get together with anyone who wants to get an attorney. As for the guy who sold more than he bought, sl doesn't know if you picked up stale or rolled product you picked up as stale.
or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
Southern snack lady

Pearl, MS

#5132 Feb 19, 2014
low baller wrote:
<quoted text>or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
or if you bought it from another IBO
screwed

East Lansing, MI

#5133 Feb 19, 2014
low baller wrote:
<quoted text>or you could have bought product somewere else to sell you can buy product at sams or bjs or cosco cheaper then we get it for threw snyders/lance
could of been buying back cross docks also. How much stale dollars do you guys run a week? I'm around $100. Just wondering if that is about average??
Michelle

United States

#5135 Feb 22, 2014
My husband and I are looking into getting a route. Online its says you have to obtain insurance? What type of insurance are they referring to? Thank you
Oh well

Greenville, MS

#5136 Feb 22, 2014
Insurance for your delivery vehicle and general liability insurance. Before calling for quotes get the specific wording as some companies will not issue a policy the way SL requires it. My insurance company of 20 years referred me elsewhere because of SLs specific wording.
Please think carefully about signing a contract. You can make money but its not a walk in the park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr 11 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Tattoos and holiday smiles (Jul '09) Feb '16 Juliam953 6
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Feb '16 Stimpy 3
News Hanover-Adams homeless help community dig out Feb '16 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages