Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Carl Lee = corporate knucklehead. Not a clue how to motivate a sales force. Losing space and lowest commission amongst all IBO's does not instill confidence in leadership. Go back to college and study business 101. Take all your friends from Dan Morgan to Marty Staunton with you. Hopefully Snyders will replace you with some Frito savvy people that understand you have to spend money to make it. You do not grow route with 99 cent tubes or mini muffins. Wake up and do something at Walmart!!
Corn krunchers blow

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Carl Lee = corporate knucklehead. Not a clue how to motivate a sales force. Losing space and lowest commission amongst all IBO's does not instill confidence in leadership. Go back to college and study business 101. Take all your friends from Dan Morgan to Marty Staunton with you. Hopefully Snyders will replace you with some Frito savvy people that understand you have to spend money to make it. You do not grow route with 99 cent tubes or mini muffins. Wake up and do something at Walmart!!
They are doing something @ Walmart sending a bunch of cross stocks which we make what 10 percent .. And screwing us on the chocolates and using the summer excuse ! Some things never change .
I speak the truth in Fla

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
I worked for Frito for 15 years and during those years my pay was taken from the highest paid vendor, wine reps included, to the amount of work for the pay is around 12 bucks an hour.
Not saying SL is any better because they are very far from it. They run a company where the upper management recieves the awards for our hard work. No C2's from Matthew I because it hurts his bottom line thus his bonus. Anytime you have a bonus program where only management is reaping the benefits of someone else hard work they will always find ways to screw over those who earn it for them. No buybacks straight from Bob V because it goes against their P&L thus his bonus. So instead of wanting your sales force to push extra cases out and take a chance by us knowing we won't get suck with it and no checks for weeks, they care only about themselves and their bonus not about what's best for the company and IBO's. These suckers are ME ME ME instead of US US US. I hope the shareholders and board members finally wise up and fire the whole lot of them and do whats best for everyone.

Since: May 13

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

So what's the partnership incentives they are talking about at these expos?
Martin

Guilford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Alwayssomething66 wrote:
So what's the partnership incentives they are talking about at these expos?
. Snyder's sucks I wish I never bought this route worked my ass off just about making it.I am ready to walk away from this whole joke
FORBES

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

I speak the truth in Fla wrote:
<quoted text>I worked for Frito for 15 years and during those years my pay was taken from the highest paid vendor, wine reps included, to the amount of work for the pay is around 12 bucks an hour.
Not saying SL is any better because they are very far from it. They run a company where the upper management recieves the awards for our hard work. No C2's from Matthew I because it hurts his bottom line thus his bonus. Anytime you have a bonus program where only management is reaping the benefits of someone else hard work they will always find ways to screw over those who earn it for them. No buybacks straight from Bob V because it goes against their P&L thus his bonus. So instead of wanting your sales force to push extra cases out and take a chance by us knowing we won't get suck with it and no checks for weeks, they care only about themselves and their bonus not about what's best for the company and IBO's. These suckers are ME ME ME instead of US US US. I hope the shareholders and board members finally wise up and fire the whole lot of them and do whats best for everyone.
Great comments but there will never be change with this company unless the IBO's unite ... Strength in numbers ... Alone we are nothing but a pesky fly to the know it alls in management ..
Rocky Road

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Well hello there
Rocky Road

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Does anyone run a route in Illinois here? If you do, you know Dominicks is gone and a bunch of IO'S got screwed. Not only that, but some IO's improved their sales because our Dominicks customers went into another IO's territory. What kind of bullshit is this? I personally lost 2 Dominicks stores and 1500 dollars a week in sales!! How can Synders not buyback the routes and redo the territory's?? We still have to pay our route payment which is now inflated!! WHAT THE FUCK?!>!
stale party

Moorestown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Does any know this answer?are you stales and promo loses tax deductible?a lot of us around here are having trouble writing them off with are accounts.
just trying to get by

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

stale party wrote:
Does any know this answer?are you stales and promo loses tax deductible?a lot of us around here are having trouble writing them off with are accounts.
yes
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

stale party wrote:
Most definitely yes, stales and promo allowances are a business expense.

Been declaring these expenses for years now
Tired of driving

Brewerton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

I would say they are not deductible. You get paid after they are deducted already. Same thing if you donate the product.
just trying to get by

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Tired of driving wrote:
I would say they are not deductible. You get paid after they are deducted already. Same thing if you donate the product.
You better get a good CPA because they are deducted from what you would have made. Stales and promo come straight off your bottom line. Say you sold 10,000 in product. 1800 is what you should make in commission. Then they take promo, stales, route payment and service fees from the 1800. All are deductible on your taxes.
SL this is why overall sells are down and why if you cont down this path of screwing you IBO's this company will drop even further. Your sales force is new, inexperience and clueless. You have ran off the majority of your seasoned IBO's because of your BS policies , lowest commission in industry and poor management. Now you have a bunch of greenhorns that don't know the business nor how to run their own company. That is why they are dropping like flies in a Raid fog.
Corn krunchers blow

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

just trying to get by wrote:
<quoted text>You better get a good CPA because they are deducted from what you would have made. Stales and promo come straight off your bottom line. Say you sold 10,000 in product. 1800 is what you should make in commission. Then they take promo, stales, route payment and service fees from the 1800. All are deductible on your taxes.
SL this is why overall sells are down and why if you cont down this path of screwing you IBO's this company will drop even further. Your sales force is new, inexperience and clueless. You have ran off the majority of your seasoned IBO's because of your BS policies , lowest commission in industry and poor management. Now you have a bunch of greenhorns that don't know the business nor how to run their own company. That is why they ar e dropping like flies in a Raid fog.
home pack packaging, dumping so much money on these dog korn krunchers .. Got everything so high now you only sale product when it's on sale they keep making stupid decisions !
Richie Incognito

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

FORBES wrote:
<quoted text>
Great comments but there will never be change with this company unless the IBO's unite ... Strength in numbers ... Alone we are nothing but a pesky fly to the know it alls in management ..
To all you guys who say:
We gotta
We should
We need to
We all should..
Many people in many different states follow this blog. It is very easy to set up a protest day in which the trucks do not go out.
People need to be clear, constructive form a date, game plan as to when a good time to stop the trucks rolling.
Some concerns that have been voiced are:
1. Pay structure- being paid the least of any independent distributor.
2. Independence- how can one be termed the name IBO when you are constantly being told what to do, how to do it...ie planograming racks etc..
3. Promotional allowance- real mony being taken out of your hard earned pocket . When it is raining or snowing or 2 degrees out or 100 degrees out. Whether your sick, or others are sick around you or a death in the family or your truck is down, you all work hard and that money is taken away from you.
Here is a good place to start with some talking points. Let's have some good conversation on this board and create a plan.
All you men and women are smart, hard workers and deserve much more from S/L!
The management of this company looks at this site and it is about time they respect you more.
Organize, be determined, talk with all your IBOs in your warehouse. Get them on the same page as everyone in the country and you may start to see changes..
Thanks
Wharfs for Cape Cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

They offer no incentives. Give us good, promotable products, quit siphoning off promo money, hire someone to run our vacations (who I would gladly pay) and offer incentives to do some things "your way" (otherwise they are done my way - sections set to what I say sells). You get what you pay for - by the way you could offer up some niclooking company uniform items at deep discount but if not I will continue to wear jeans and sweatshirts, no problem. The problems are the same. Carl Lee, Marty Staunton, Dan Morgan, and Mike Rutter need to wake up and listen. Do you hear us???
hmmmmm

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

why do some warehouses have product that we have not had for weeks?? Trucking issues?? why only to our warehouse??
Don Juan

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
why do some warehouses have product that we have not had for weeks?? Trucking issues?? why only to our warehouse??
Depends on who's is doing the ordering, but the problem is the same all over ! We are out of product daily, Their only concern about product is getting new items out, and covering their promotions, They could care less !

When we were told Halloween sacks would not be covered this year, Our IBO's refused to take the product out. Was nice to see 3 1/2pallets of his product go of date in the depot. Same thing for Holiday shaped pretzels. Our feelings are if you don't support us we will not support you.

Only way to show them, is not to buy what you don't want !
Yaz in Florida

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

stale party wrote:
Absolutely not! It's called double dipping.

Stales and promo shares are being deducted before you get to your final route settlement number at the end of each week, you then pay taxes on what you actually got paid not on what you would have made.

How do I know? been through a lengthy and complicated audit just recently years 09,10,11. These were points of discussion.

If you're doing it you may want to quit while you're ahead. My 02cents.
sam

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Anyyhing else in your points of discussion that would be helpful

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Mon T Wolf 51,196
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE