Snyder's of Hanover
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#4990 Dec 29, 2013
I don't really care about new items. There are no more home runs to be hit. Unless we gain space and natural items in Walmart and can serve SAMs, BJ's, etc we are going to be stuck in neutral. We all know that and so do the suits. You can only sell so many muffin and tube shippers. Big volume only comes from big stores and until we are ready to committ to end caps and space we're just going to spin our wheels. Been spinning them for a lot of years.
Tattooed pretzel

Johnstown, PA

#4991 Dec 29, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
I don't really care about new items. There are no more home runs to be hit. Unless we gain space and natural items in Walmart and can serve SAMs, BJ's, etc we are going to be stuck in neutral. We all know that and so do the suits. You can only sell so many muffin and tube shippers. Big volume only comes from big stores and until we are ready to committ to end caps and space we're just going to spin our wheels. Been spinning them for a lot of years.
I couldn't agree more.
Snyder Destroyed My Life

Beverly, MA

#4992 Dec 29, 2013
I have an up and down the street route in Mass. I would just like to take the time to thank the people at snyers lance for creating such unprofitable routes. Thanks to snyders lance I am now n more debt than I have ever been. The expenses of running these up and down the street routes are so high that any profit you could make goes right out the window. I drive 400 miles a week and pay $200 a week in gas for my truck. I left a job making $40,000 a year plus benefits and with 11 years of service for a job where I now make $13,000 a year. Thank you Snyders now I'm at the poverty level of income. My credit and my wife's is now ruined and our house is going to be foreclosed on. We have a you child now who will also be homeless with us. I took this job so that I could better provide for my family but instead it just destroyed our lives. The district managers are nothing but liars and thieves. They told me that I could make money at this, they told me this was a good investment. I hope they all rot in hell. I hate everyone that works for snyders lance except my fellow IBO's ofcourse. I was told that he people at snyders monitor this site well if that's true and you are reading this than I feel I need to tell you that you are all scum bags and once again rot in hell!! Well I could go on forever but I have to go for tonight.
I concur

Perry, MI

#4993 Dec 30, 2013
Snyder Destroyed My Life wrote:
I have an up and down the street route in Mass. I would just like to take the time to thank the people at snyers lance for creating such unprofitable routes. Thanks to snyders lance I am now n more debt than I have ever been. The expenses of running these up and down the street routes are so high that any profit you could make goes right out the window. I drive 400 miles a week and pay $200 a week in gas for my truck. I left a job making $40,000 a year plus benefits and with 11 years of service for a job where I now make $13,000 a year. Thank you Snyders now I'm at the poverty level of income. My credit and my wife's is now ruined and our house is going to be foreclosed on. We have a you child now who will also be homeless with us. I took this job so that I could better provide for my family but instead it just destroyed our lives. The district managers are nothing but liars and thieves. They told me that I could make money at this, they told me this was a good investment. I hope they all rot in hell. I hate everyone that works for snyders lance except my fellow IBO's ofcourse. I was told that he people at snyders monitor this site well if that's true and you are reading this than I feel I need to tell you that you are all scum bags and once again rot in hell!! Well I could go on forever but I have to go for tonight.
and agree
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#4994 Dec 30, 2013
That is tragic!! I hope all the higher ups do read this. This model is terrible. No vacation, lied about commission rate, lied about commitment to space, lied about warehouse and hours, etc etc. I hope you all choke on your bonuses we earned for you!! Like I said, tragic!!
Snyders Ruined My Life

Beverly, MA

#4995 Dec 30, 2013
So I received a lot of feedback on my post from last night. Some good some not so good. Let me first start by apologizing to the district managers for insulting them, I should not have done that. Last night I was really angry and distraught because I had to write a letter to my mortgage company begging them not to foreclose on my. That being said I hope everyone understands the gravity of this situation. I don't care what happens to me but I have a four year old daughter who is going to be homeless soon. My wife and I can't even go get an apartment somewhere because our credit is ruined. I only made $13,000 this year, that is unacceptable. I made more than that when I was 15 years old working at a sub shop. I would say one of he biggest problems with these routes is the small chain stores such as Tedeschi's, Nouria Energy, and Irving gas stations. These accounts are terrible. Nothing sells in these accounts. Snyder's guarantees me the product but I still lose all my time and money I invested to go there. So basically I'm going to these stops for free. That pretty much makes me a slave and I'm pretty sure Lincoln freed the slaves a long time ago. I have a question for all the district managers. If Snyder's told you tomorrow they weren't going to pay you anymore would you still go to work? So why do you expect us to do? Nobody should work for free.
Southern lady

Pearl, MS

#4996 Dec 30, 2013
I agree
It like Snyder lance is not intested in whether a IBO suceeds or not
With all their data they should able to see what route needs are...
I know a lot of u on here would say that it is the IBO if he cannot run his business
But there are some routes out here struggling
And not lack of laziness
It starts with having product to sell
We are cut $1000 or more each week
Sometimes we get charge for product that not received
When you paid $100 for product you donot have to sell well that can add up
DM are train to look out for Snyders Lance $
And that means sabotage you then so be it
It would be nice if they care enough to help you figure out what you could different to make your route more profitable to me it is a win win for both
More people would stick it out but that's the real world at Snyders Lance
It easier to hire temps than try to hang on with a IBO
Just my take on all of this...
snacktime

Woodstock, IL

#4997 Dec 31, 2013
Pretzelbeard wrote:
Has any location been allowed to sell the new items yet? My area is being told they are on hold till January 6th?
I got them today, Well the Korn Krunchers and Sweet and Salty pieces. I ate a whole bag of the cinnamon ones, damn good. I'm not so sure about the Korn Krunchers, good flavor but a grain texture with a corn starch after taste, Everyone's tastes are different, time will tell.
Lance in my paints

Charlotte, NC

#4998 Dec 31, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I got them today, Well the Korn Krunchers and Sweet and Salty pieces. I ate a whole bag of the cinnamon ones, damn good. I'm not so sure about the Korn Krunchers, good flavor but a grain texture with a corn starch after taste, Everyone's tastes are different, time will tell.
gotta get the sale prices competitive with frito gay ... Saw one of my accounts running pounders on sale starting tomorrow @ 3.19 that's not going to get it done !
NFlorida Herrs

Archer, FL

#4999 Jan 1, 2014
Snyders CEO wrote:
<quoted text>We are buying Wise, Herrs, and Martins, routes will triple in value
Good luck with that one...
Discouraged

Jacksonville, FL

#5000 Jan 1, 2014
NFlorida Herrs wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that one...
like these comments here, can you tell me where I can find the story where ceo made these comments......Last week was talking with a Lance transport driver and he commented that Lance was also going to purchase Golden Flake, interesting but gives me reason for concern
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5001 Jan 1, 2014
I believe they own Wise now.
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5002 Jan 1, 2014
You do not need to apologize - they should be apologizing to you. That story is tragic. You should go on local news!!
Dce

Newport News, VA

#5003 Jan 1, 2014
Snyders Ruined My Life wrote:
So I received a lot of feedback on my post from last night. Some good some not so good. Let me first start by apologizing to the district managers for insulting them, I should not have done that. Last night I was really angry and distraught because I had to write a letter to my mortgage company begging them not to foreclose on my. That being said I hope everyone understands the gravity of this situation. I don't care what happens to me but I have a four year old daughter who is going to be homeless soon. My wife and I can't even go get an apartment somewhere because our credit is ruined. I only made $13,000 this year, that is unacceptable. I made more than that when I was 15 years old working at a sub shop. I would say one of he biggest problems with these routes is the small chain stores such as Tedeschi's, Nouria Energy, and Irving gas stations. These accounts are terrible. Nothing sells in these accounts. Snyder's guarantees me the product but I still lose all my time and money I invested to go there. So basically I'm going to these stops for free. That pretty much makes me a slave and I'm pretty sure Lincoln freed the slaves a long time ago. I have a question for all the district managers. If Snyder's told you tomorrow they weren't going to pay you anymore would you still go to work? So why do you expect us to do? Nobody should work for free.
how exactly did you only make 13k last year is that after deductions or what
Lance in my paints

Campobello, SC

#5004 Jan 1, 2014
They buy golden flake you will be catching a lot of bull shit c stores !
anon

Asheville, NC

#5005 Jan 1, 2014
It is next to impossible t make any kind of real money. Snyders was better before Lance. If they could only figure out it is costing thm money also by the way they pay us. I only load onmy truck what I know will sll off that week.
outside

North Reading, MA

#5006 Jan 1, 2014
Snyders Ruined My Life wrote:
It should be the DMs apologizing to you. the same DMs who ran those cash routes themselves + know how bad they do.The same DMs who told some drivers not to talk to you before the sell because "it"s hjs JOB to get it sold + didn;t want it messed up" The same DMs who don'tcare about you or your family.The same DMs who willl be back in a truck if you are not.Suggestion write to who ever holds your snder loan + ask them for help so you pay you mortgage + feed your family. Then maybe apologize.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Milan, MO

#5007 Jan 2, 2014
ahhh the DM in this area is running 2 maybe 3 routes now...because of all the lies. I have been gone for almost 2 mths. it has been very rough for me especially the holidays, but the company will get theirs in the end. I too only made net $13000 - I still have not got a final settlement or report. good luck to those who are still slaving away
Snyders Ruined My Life

Beverly, MA

#5008 Jan 2, 2014
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>how exactly did you only make 13k last year is that after deductions or what
Well to be fair I actually made $18,000 last year I made a mistake on my original calculations. My expenses for the year we're $30,000. I spent $200 a week in gas because my territory is so large. See the biggest problem with my route is too much territory and too little volume. Also I had $10,820 in credits last year. Now most people would say that's because I don't rotate my product but that is not the case. I have so many chain accounts that are just such poor accounts but I have to go to them because they are chain accounts. Some of the stores are Nouria Energy, Circle K, Tedeschi's, Target, and Walmart. In all these stores I have the spot in the back of the store while Frito Lay is in the front of the store. I only get 4 feet in most of these stores. I have two Targets. One does fairly well but the other one is horrible. The one in Salem, MA is in the same plaza as Market Basket and a Shaws neither of which are my stores. For those of you who don't know what those stores are they are both supermarket giants in this area. If that's not enough Frito Lay has the whole aisle and I have four feet all the way at the end. Not only do I have to compete against Frito Lay the largest snack company in the world but I have to compete with my own products in the two supermarkets in the same plaza. I drive 400 miles a week, it's just too much. The worst part is I love what I do but it's just so unprofitable I have to give it up.
Snyders Ruined My Life

Beverly, MA

#5009 Jan 2, 2014
outside wrote:
<quoted text> It should be the DMs apologizing to you. the same DMs who ran those cash routes themselves + know how bad they do.The same DMs who told some drivers not to talk to you before the sell because "it"s hjs JOB to get it sold + didn;t want it messed up" The same DMs who don'tcare about you or your family.The same DMs who willl be back in a truck if you are not.Suggestion write to who ever holds your snder loan + ask them for help so you pay you mortgage + feed your family. Then maybe apologize.
I do agree with you and a DM did apologize to me. The only reason I apologized is because I don't want to be the person that lashes out at people. I was mad and I have every right to be but to be honest with you I'm not mad anymore. I'm scared, scared for my wife and my daughter cause they mean everything to me. Your right I was advised by a couple DM's not to talk to the other IBO's. Also I get the impression that we know each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Wed VroomVroom717 13
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Tattoos and holiday smiles (Jul '09) Feb '16 Juliam953 6
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Feb '16 Stimpy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages