Style dog

Statesville, NC

#4913 Nov 14, 2013
Mr Bent wrote:
New IBO here. Im trying to stay positive but not matter what I do , I cant make any money. Even the week when I do 10k in sales, I sometimes LOSE money!!! What is the secret????
t
The secret is NO STALE! sell product and control expenses and make money. Simple as that. Know your expenses. Run it like a business
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Quitman, AR

#4914 Nov 15, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>was it or was it not the 10th poorest market in the country before you bought it? It sounds like you didn't do your research before you bought it! You don't have to worry about sending them a check they will come get it !
first off, let me explain a few things. one - we don't own our routes - we are just on a service contract because snyders cant get their shit together with golden flake to make us equity routes, even though we service the product in all stores in the state, except Kroger and Target. secondly, I was forced into taking this route by the DM when we went independent. I did service Pine Bluff before this but also had a good portion of Little Rock that was the higher part of my route, which they did away with. I asked for a different route but was ignored, by the DM and ZM at the time. The route was quoted at $4400/wk, I had gotten to grow a little bit for the first part of the second half of 2012. At the end of 2012 they added territory to my route, per my request, although not the area I wanted, which is 80miles south of my base. Thirdly, the market has changed in the last 6 months, due to crime, construction of new highways (that bypass the old highway that had some of my cstores on it) Are their things I may have been able to do differently, sure, but at the same time this company was not, and has not helped us grow, in my opinion. Most of the new partner brands they are selling, are just not right for this area. Finally had some Wal-marts that have Toms, SoH, Cape, EatSmart, Pop chips in the mod (of which only TOMS sells) oh yeah and OKieDOke big bag. C-stores have been sold, and I have customers wanting 30% margin on products, when I don't even get 30%.- and telling me the percent is lower then it is because they cant do MATH. Fouth, the numbers don't add up - the last weeks the cash sales they quote me as doing, are not what I have collected. and I know I am not being shorted by customer, because - I watch my money counted to me - to protect myself and my customer.
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#4915 Nov 15, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>first off, let me explain a few things. one - we don't own our routes - we are just on a service contract because snyders cant get their shit together with golden flake to make us equity routes, even though we service the product in all stores in the state, except Kroger and Target. secondly, I was forced into taking this route by the DM when we went independent. I did service Pine Bluff before this but also had a good portion of Little Rock that was the higher part of my route, which they did away with. I asked for a different route but was ignored, by the DM and ZM at the time. The route was quoted at $4400/wk, I had gotten to grow a little bit for the first part of the second half of 2012. At the end of 2012 they added territory to my route, per my request, although not the area I wanted, which is 80miles south of my base. Thirdly, the market has changed in the last 6 months, due to crime, construction of new highways (that bypass the old highway that had some of my cstores on it) Are their things I may have been able to do differently, sure, but at the same time this company was not, and has not helped us grow, in my opinion. Most of the new partner brands they are selling, are just not right for this area. Finally had some Wal-marts that have Toms, SoH, Cape, EatSmart, Pop chips in the mod (of which only TOMS sells) oh yeah and OKieDOke big bag. C-stores have been sold, and I have customers wanting 30% margin on products, when I don't even get 30%.- and telling me the percent is lower then it is because they cant do MATH. Fouth, the numbers don't add up - the last weeks the cash sales they quote me as doing, are not what I have collected. and I know I am not being shorted by customer, because - I watch my money counted to me - to protect myself and my customer.
If you don't own your then just walk away,and stop complaining about it
Bushwhacked

Huntersville, NC

#4916 Nov 15, 2013
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't own your then just walk away,and stop complaining about it
no shit .. Back to Burger King !
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4917 Nov 15, 2013
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't own your then just walk away,and stop complaining about it
I have to say I agree with snackman, we have cash invested, if you didn't pay for your territory and of you can't make a living then you should just walk
Mr Bent

Douglas, MA

#4918 Nov 16, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>first off, let me explain a few things. one - we don't own our routes - we are just on a service contract because snyders cant get their shit together with golden flake to make us equity routes, even though we service the product in all stores in the state, except Kroger and Target. secondly, I was forced into taking this route by the DM when we went independent. I did service Pine Bluff before this but also had a good portion of Little Rock that was the higher part of my route, which they did away with. I asked for a different route but was ignored, by the DM and ZM at the time. The route was quoted at $4400/wk, I had gotten to grow a little bit for the first part of the second half of 2012. At the end of 2012 they added territory to my route, per my request, although not the area I wanted, which is 80miles south of my base. Thirdly, the market has changed in the last 6 months, due to crime, construction of new highways (that bypass the old highway that had some of my cstores on it) Are their things I may have been able to do differently, sure, but at the same time this company was not, and has not helped us grow, in my opinion. Most of the new partner brands they are selling, are just not right for this area. Finally had some Wal-marts that have Toms, SoH, Cape, EatSmart, Pop chips in the mod (of which only TOMS sells) oh yeah and OKieDOke big bag. C-stores have been sold, and I have customers wanting 30% margin on products, when I don't even get 30%.- and telling me the percent is lower then it is because they cant do MATH. Fouth, the numbers don't add up - the last weeks the cash sales they quote me as doing, are not what I have collected. and I know I am not being shorted by customer, because - I watch my money counted to me - to protect myself and my customer.
If you claim the cash business they quoted didnt match what you got paid, all you have to do is look at your invoices!!! Add them up!!!
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4919 Nov 17, 2013
Regarding the so called "bonus", what is considered Snyder brand products? Snyders, Stella, Archway? If so then the numbers do not add up. A complete breakdown of each product would be nice. I have 2,000 dollar differences from the numbers they give me and there is no way I purchased that much in partner brands
Bushwhacked

York, SC

#4920 Nov 17, 2013
WNY wrote:
Regarding the so called "bonus", what is considered Snyder brand products? Snyders, Stella, Archway? If so then the numbers do not add up. A complete breakdown of each product would be nice. I have 2,000 dollar differences from the numbers they give me and there is no way I purchased that much in partner brands
yeah that had my numbers all whacked out also, everybody down here is down on core brands for the 4th quarter only thing is selling is partner brands and some chocolates . Hell they aren't promoting anyway publix has some shitty ass promos they said they ran out of money .. What a joke !
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Quitman, AR

#4921 Nov 18, 2013
Mr Bent wrote:
<quoted text>
If you claim the cash business they quoted didnt match what you got paid, all you have to do is look at your invoices!!! Add them up!!!
I never printed a copy of a cash invoice, because we were told we needed too. well actually it was - if you want to that is fine, for your records, but it is not really necessary. I blame myself for not keeping those records now, as it seems lots of numbers on the settlement are not adding up? I did walk away from the territory now. the shitty part is having to turn the truck back over and bankrupting my business. I mean the numbers just don't add up. if I only ordered $15900 from the warehouse in October and had $19500 in sales - why do I owe so much?$4000 in cash sales? not by the deposits made in my bank. my suggestion is that everyone if you don't keep cash invoice copies yet- start doing so. that is one of the biggest mistakes I made.
Mass IO

Templeton, MA

#4922 Nov 18, 2013
This company is the biggest RIP OFF anyone thinking of buying stay away save yourself from the biggest nightmare you can possibly come upon. They will steal everything from you and leave you dry.
They only care about their bonuses at the expense
of your lively-hood.
Mass IO

Templeton, MA

#4923 Nov 18, 2013
At least at Burger King they don't have drunken DM's
walking around the warehouse giving orders they don't remember the next day. How does it feel to have a drunk DM charge your business 2600.00 with out your signature. But he is so intoxicated he doesn't even know what he is doing!!! Thanks DP
next time you go out and get drunk at lunch, And they say I'm NOT Paying for it. Try to come out of your black out and remember what the IO said!!!
Mass IO

Templeton, MA

#4925 Nov 18, 2013
Snack man Last time i checked it's a free country you don't like what's being said, don't read it guess what the world doesn't revolve around you!!!
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#4926 Nov 18, 2013
Mass IO wrote:
Snack man Last time i checked it's a free country you don't like what's being said, don't read it guess what the world doesn't revolve around you!!!
Yes it does, just because you don't have the balls to stand up to your DM is not my problem. I own my route but if you let them get away with what you say they are doing then you are a fool, get some backbone and stop whining!!!!!!!!!!
In the red

East Lansing, MI

#4927 Nov 20, 2013
Do you guys return cross dock product through the handheld? I've done it before and end up losing money because the price allowance which wasn't credited when the product came in is reverse credited when the product is billed out. How do we handle cross docks? Just let them sit in the back room at wmart or something.
Bushwhacked

United States

#4928 Nov 20, 2013
In the red wrote:
Do you guys return cross dock product through the handheld? I've done it before and end up losing money because the price allowance which wasn't credited when the product came in is reverse credited when the product is billed out. How do we handle cross docks? Just let them sit in the back room at wmart or something.
what item is it ? Try to get back on the floor @ Walmart somewhere ... If not possible roll it somewhere if u can , u don't wont it to sit there and go out of date on you and yes you will lose some promo money but you lose on all cross docks cause we never make full commish on them anyway .
Paul

Bartlett, IL

#4929 Nov 20, 2013
To the comment about the value of your Snyder's route every area is based first by volume and secondly by the given per your area of the united states also by mainly how long your area has been serviced the only other thing I can add is to keep your volume up and the timing is right put it up for sale and try something else ever since the Snyder's lance dist happened its been nothing but sliding downhill PS this is coming from someone with over 30years DSD experience and 8years with Snyder's four route areas with Snyder's and two of them owned routes I hope you find this use full and now to the snyders mgt person making all these statements use some of that money your making and buy yourself a little class you have a very long way to go
Stockpricegoingt otank

United States

#4931 Nov 20, 2013
Hopefully they are promting better elsewhere than they are doing down south 4th quarter promotions suck ! Way to company employees running around here with nothing to do ..downsize and use that money to run decent promotions !
Dce

Virginia Beach, VA

#4932 Nov 24, 2013
What is everyone to busy to complain? You guys are letting me down!
s-l ibo mentor

Emmaus, PA

#4934 Nov 26, 2013
I have been following this topix since the beginning of the change over from employee to IBO. Mostly it seems like a place to vent but no real help. I thought I would put this thread out there to help people with their routes or with any of the new people. My background: 20yrs with S-L(SOH side)run out of a warehouse(no ex. w/ bin) route avg. now 9000-12000wk. I don't have all the answers and not looking for a flame war. Just looking to help

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4935 Nov 26, 2013
Can not get straight answer from management or accounting. Can anyone tell me SL's definition of SDV (store door value)? I am still fighting them over 3rd quarter bonus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
News Carl's Creations: A once-blooming business says... Feb '15 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]