Snyder's of Hanover
In the red

Perry, MI

#4927 Nov 20, 2013
Do you guys return cross dock product through the handheld? I've done it before and end up losing money because the price allowance which wasn't credited when the product came in is reverse credited when the product is billed out. How do we handle cross docks? Just let them sit in the back room at wmart or something.
Bushwhacked

Charlotte, NC

#4928 Nov 20, 2013
In the red wrote:
Do you guys return cross dock product through the handheld? I've done it before and end up losing money because the price allowance which wasn't credited when the product came in is reverse credited when the product is billed out. How do we handle cross docks? Just let them sit in the back room at wmart or something.
what item is it ? Try to get back on the floor @ Walmart somewhere ... If not possible roll it somewhere if u can , u don't wont it to sit there and go out of date on you and yes you will lose some promo money but you lose on all cross docks cause we never make full commish on them anyway .
Paul

Bartlett, IL

#4929 Nov 20, 2013
To the comment about the value of your Snyder's route every area is based first by volume and secondly by the given per your area of the united states also by mainly how long your area has been serviced the only other thing I can add is to keep your volume up and the timing is right put it up for sale and try something else ever since the Snyder's lance dist happened its been nothing but sliding downhill PS this is coming from someone with over 30years DSD experience and 8years with Snyder's four route areas with Snyder's and two of them owned routes I hope you find this use full and now to the snyders mgt person making all these statements use some of that money your making and buy yourself a little class you have a very long way to go
Stockpricegoingt otank

Charlotte, NC

#4931 Nov 20, 2013
Hopefully they are promting better elsewhere than they are doing down south 4th quarter promotions suck ! Way to company employees running around here with nothing to do ..downsize and use that money to run decent promotions !
Dce

Newport News, VA

#4932 Nov 24, 2013
What is everyone to busy to complain? You guys are letting me down!
s-l ibo mentor

Allentown, PA

#4934 Nov 26, 2013
I have been following this topix since the beginning of the change over from employee to IBO. Mostly it seems like a place to vent but no real help. I thought I would put this thread out there to help people with their routes or with any of the new people. My background: 20yrs with S-L(SOH side)run out of a warehouse(no ex. w/ bin) route avg. now 9000-12000wk. I don't have all the answers and not looking for a flame war. Just looking to help

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4935 Nov 26, 2013
Can not get straight answer from management or accounting. Can anyone tell me SL's definition of SDV (store door value)? I am still fighting them over 3rd quarter bonus.
snackguy

Brighton, MA

#4936 Nov 26, 2013
Did anyone see there was another class action lawsuit against SL, due to there claimthat some of their products are all natural.
Shorty

Lexington, SC

#4937 Nov 26, 2013
s-l ibo mentor wrote:
I have been following this topix since the beginning of the change over from employee to IBO. Mostly it seems like a place to vent but no real help. I thought I would put this thread out there to help people with their routes or with any of the new people. My background: 20yrs with S-L(SOH side)run out of a warehouse(no ex. w/ bin) route avg. now 9000-12000wk. I don't have all the answers and not looking for a flame war. Just looking to help
Can you help upper management make better decisions ? They don't take money out of my pockets that's the real problem ..
snacktime

Ripon, WI

#4938 Nov 28, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
Can not get straight answer from management or accounting. Can anyone tell me SL's definition of SDV (store door value)? I am still fighting them over 3rd quarter bonus.
Regular value you would sell it to the store for.
Gary

Frederick, MD

#4939 Nov 28, 2013
Yep
Dce wrote:
What is everyone to busy to complain? You guys are letting me down!
pennsylvania snax

Cooperstown, PA

#4940 Dec 1, 2013
Any rumors out there about snyders working on purchasing another company? been hearing a few things.
pa ram rod

Hanover, PA

#4941 Dec 2, 2013
pennsylvania snax wrote:
Any rumors out there about snyders working on purchasing another company? been hearing a few things.
what have you been hearing
pennsylvania snax

Cooperstown, PA

#4942 Dec 2, 2013
pa ram rod wrote:
<quoted text>what have you been hearing
Well it seems that the rumor mill is running at capacity in this area. Someone mentioned that Snyders is trying to purchase Pepperidge Farm(gold fish branch) and then another guy(an utz sales rep) said that he heard that Snyders and Utz was merging. Just some silliness that I am hearing out here. Its probably all far fetched!
Shorty

United States

#4943 Dec 2, 2013
pennsylvania snax wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it seems that the rumor mill is running at capacity in this area. Someone mentioned that Snyders is trying to purchase Pepperidge Farm(gold fish branch) and then another guy(an utz sales rep) said that he heard that Snyders and Utz was merging. Just some silliness that I am hearing out here. Its probably all far fetched!
man we are getting bent over on these Walmart cross docks .. 20 cases of chocolates is what 900 bucks got paid 92 dollars , should 162 minus maybe 20 bucks for allowance so where did the other 50 go ? Freakin crooks !
pennsylvania snax

Cooperstown, PA

#4944 Dec 2, 2013
Shorty wrote:
<quoted text> man we are getting bent over on these Walmart cross docks .. 20 cases of chocolates is what 900 bucks got paid 92 dollars , should 162 minus maybe 20 bucks for allowance so where did the other 50 go ? Freakin crooks !
Not to mention, when the manager tells you to get it out in a week or so you do it at full price so we actually lose money on the situation. Cross docks suck!
Chipman

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4945 Dec 3, 2013
pennsylvania snax wrote:
<quoted text>
Have been hearing the same 2 here in Florida
Wharfs for cap cod

Chambersburg, PA

#4946 Dec 4, 2013
Don't ever take that stuff out of Walmart. That product is theirs. If it stales, it is theirs. Your an idiot if you take it out. I don't look at us aquiring another company as a good thing. We can't get product consistently now. It's as bad as I've ever seen. Adding another company would create an even bigger clusterf##k.
Shorty

Nebo, NC

#4947 Dec 4, 2013
Wharfs for cap cod wrote:
Don't ever take that stuff out of Walmart. That product is theirs. If it stales, it is theirs. Your an idiot if you take it out. I don't look at us aquiring another company as a good thing. We can't get product consistently now. It's as bad as I've ever seen. Adding another company would create an even bigger clusterf##k.
yeah they need to promote the stuff we have now better .. December promotions are terrible 4th quarter results come out in feb shit will hit the fan
snackfood guru

New Kensington, PA

#4948 Dec 5, 2013
when selling a part of your route back to SNL
do you need to do a inventory of product? do you sell back whole rt firstto SNL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages