Snyder's of Hanover
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Conway, AR

#4820 Oct 29, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree up until halfway of your comment. First of all the majority of ibo's can't run a business.(they are shelf fillers) That is the exact reason there are SL employee's hounding you,(managing). If they up the profit margin and you are happy with what you make, hmmm then you won't sell and grow. SL is a company that wants to grow! Frito-Lay doesn't want their employees to lay flat, that is why they are always fucking with the employees pay or routes. You own your own company, why don't you act like it. Or maybe you can apply for Frito-Lay. You will make the same money but it will be a for real boss that you can't tell to fuck off!
while in recent weeks I have taken a step back and tried to reorganize my thinking on how to run my route, and started examining the numbers more. I have trouble with being in such a low income area. the city my route is based out of is the 10th poorest city in this country, and number 2 per cap. on crime. How do I combat this? And I have 4 Walmarts - which management is changing monthly in. My ZM helped me stay off COD this past week because the DM in OK and TN and TX, so no one to run this armpit of the state - so with that said if you have SALES TIPS to help me please I AM ALL EARS. I try to pitch things to one Grocery MNG @ a WM and her answer to flavored pieces, pounders, is "I know I don't need that here " (when I have had some success with said products) and Holiday AW is a "maybe" and my other Grocery Chain averages $150/week/store and that is a 5 store chain - a few are under $60per week. C-store business dropped 75% in the last 6mths due to many things. Stores being sold, new highway development, people moving. Again ANY Answers would be helpful, its not that I don't know business its that this area sucks. most of our routes were quoted under a $5000 average in April of 2012 when we became IBOs - and that was based off 2010/11 numbers - and most of the routes in this state are way below projections for a number of reasons, as I stated both DM are on trucks right now.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4821 Oct 29, 2013
This is my last comment here and will say it's a damn shame we are treated the way we are. I don't know how much longer I can deal with making a low wage and pretending I own a business. If the economy ever comes back SL will have to change things or there will be thousands of company routes because people will not tolerate it. My advice to people here get off this site because it just brings you down the more you read it... Good luck IBO's
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#4822 Oct 29, 2013
Buy another route and run it as one??
Pretzel mam

United States

#4823 Oct 30, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>while in recent weeks I have taken a step back and tried to reorganize my thinking on how to run my route, and started examining the numbers more. I have trouble with being in such a low income area. the city my route is based out of is the 10th poorest city in this country, and number 2 per cap. on crime. How do I combat this? And I have 4 Walmarts - which management is changing monthly in. My ZM helped me stay off COD this past week because the DM in OK and TN and TX, so no one to run this armpit of the state - so with that said if you have SALES TIPS to help me please I AM ALL EARS. I try to pitch things to one Grocery MNG @ a WM and her answer to flavored pieces, pounders, is "I know I don't need that here " (when I have had some success with said products) and Holiday AW is a "maybe" and my other Grocery Chain averages $150/week/store and that is a 5 store chain - a few are under $60per week. C-store business dropped 75% in the last 6mths due to many things. Stores being sold, new highway development, people moving. Again ANY Answers would be helpful, its not that I don't know business its that this area sucks. most of our routes were quoted under a $5000 average in April of 2012 when we became IBOs - and that was based off 2010/11 numbers - and most of the routes in this state are way below projections for a number of reasons, as I stated both DM are on trucks right now.
Just let me tell the encomy is really bad right now and it won't be better in 2014 it might get worse then now. I usually run really high number from sept thru dec but its not happening this year. My advice to you is to try and run your route as fast as you can and try cut cost , maybe run your route 4 days a week and get a part time Job. It's not S/L faught that the encomy is really bad right now. All route guys in my area are really slow right now. I know some bread guys that are down 3000 a week in sales. Which if bread is down everything is going to be down. Best of luck to u.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Conway, AR

#4824 Oct 30, 2013
Pretzel mam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let me tell the encomy is really bad right now and it won't be better in 2014 it might get worse then now. I usually run really high number from sept thru dec but its not happening this year. My advice to you is to try and run your route as fast as you can and try cut cost , maybe run your route 4 days a week and get a part time Job. It's not S/L faught that the encomy is really bad right now. All route guys in my area are really slow right now. I know some bread guys that are down 3000 a week in sales. Which if bread is down everything is going to be down. Best of luck to u.
I run 3 days a week now. am looking for a job.
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4825 Oct 30, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Buy another route and run it as one??
i don't know if that's a good idea. Then you would just own 2 crappy routes!
Jamd

Woburn, MA

#4826 Oct 31, 2013
Davis? Seriously ?? What the f is wrong with this company???

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4827 Oct 31, 2013
Has anyone else had isues with the so called "bonus" and been able to get it fixed? Mine is less than half what I expected and can not get an answer from anywhere.

Also I heard today something that convinces me more than ever that the upper sales staff is crazy and has no respect for us personally, for ourtime and for our duty to out families to make a living. Although I do not think it will happen but they are considering having us take in a pallet to WalMart on Friday of an item on special. On Monday, we pick the remains. Are you kidding me?
snacktime

Woodstock, IL

#4828 Oct 31, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
snacktime ,you crack me up... You finally agree with some comments made by an IBO, minutes with you there is always a caveat . When people feel cheated they will tend to stop caring and do just what is needed to get by. The fact that you don't get it makes me realize that you are a Snyders employee. Why not take your stupid ass opinions elsewhere, you contribute nothing but the corporate bullshit line!
Exactly! my point, you are a shelf filler that puts nothing on sale and picks up stales! How many years you been in business? You will never grow with your attitude.
Roger Waters

Timisoara, Romania

#4829 Nov 1, 2013
Hey guys, if I find a regular 9-5 job and wanna sell my route, can I pay someone at Snyders to run my route until I find a buyer? How does that work? I'd love to keep my route, but I honestly can't make a living at this anymore. Every week I have to pay for gas, route payment etc. with little wiggle room. Yet, Syders can screw with us anyway possible to please their shareholders. It doesn't help that the economy sucks as well! Just tired of the I/O deal. Anyways any help would be appreciated
snacktime

Woodstock, IL

#4830 Nov 1, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>I run 3 days a week now. am looking for a job.
You have a job, You own it, start selling!!!!!! How can't I see your point of view. Its looking like you were not meant for self employment. If I was in your shoes I would be trying harder at the job I own instead of getting a part time job. WAKE UP DUMB ASS!
snacktime

Woodstock, IL

#4831 Nov 1, 2013
S-l troll wrote:
<quoted text> true they have alot of bad ibo's mostly on marginal just getting by routes but this 2 year in new service agreement saying u should catch a 60 dollar a week twice is a lil much .. We get paid on what we sell if they needed more than once a week service most of us would be there !
You below the Bridge?
snacktime

Woodstock, IL

#4832 Nov 1, 2013
Jamd wrote:
Davis? Seriously ?? What the f is wrong with this company???
They have no idea how to cut costs in the common sense ways, just like any big corporation. I personally can not stand the lack of communication! I have no Idea whats on sale or in ad until I see sundays newspaper or I walk into the store Monday. now that's fucked up!
Roger Waters

Timisoara, Romania

#4833 Nov 1, 2013
snacktime, are you out of the Addison warehouse? Where do you deliver to?
Long rod

Charlotte, NC

#4834 Nov 1, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
You below the Bridge?
you must be a useless dm tard !
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4835 Nov 1, 2013
All this bitching is getting a little out of hand. It is really easy to talk the kind of shit being talked on here anonymously. Personally I'm seeing double digit growth, and life is good. For the rest of you,keep entertaining everybody with your witty remarks I'm sure that management is looking at this website and they are loving it!
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4836 Nov 2, 2013
Three small words that speak volumes...adapt, improvise and overcome...anyone know where this is from...wonder why they say it?? Think "outside of the box". Personally this week was one of my worst and I was ready for the week to end. However, take a step back, reorganize, reload and bring it on. I think this can be applied to most things in life...its up to us to make the most of it. Before one of you make some "smart a**" comment just remember why and how we all can voice our opinions and do what we do..take a moment and reflect..if you have what you want embrace it and if not..make a change. I would hope this site would be helpful and give us IBO's information to improve us, our routes but at times it is the exact opposite. Let's try to help each other and make a positive change!
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4837 Nov 2, 2013
abc123 wrote:
Three small words that speak volumes...adapt, improvise and overcome...anyone know where this is from...wonder why they say it?? Think "outside of the box". Personally this week was one of my worst and I was ready for the week to end. However, take a step back, reorganize, reload and bring it on. I think this can be applied to most things in life...its up to us to make the most of it. Before one of you make some "smart a**" comment just remember why and how we all can voice our opinions and do what we do..take a moment and reflect..if you have what you want embrace it and if not..make a change. I would hope this site would be helpful and give us IBO's information to improve us, our routes but at times it is the exact opposite. Let's try to help each other and make a positive change!
Hopefully Snyder management takes this approach
Long rod

Shelby, NC

#4838 Nov 2, 2013
Dce wrote:
All this bitching is getting a little out of hand. It is really easy to talk the kind of shit being talked on here anonymously. Personally I'm seeing double digit growth, and life is good. For the rest of you,keep entertaining everybody with your witty remarks I'm sure that management is looking at this website and they are loving it!
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood !
WNY

United States

#4839 Nov 2, 2013
Up 5% from last year but 5% off of the figure for the "bonus"....who's the winner here ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages