Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree up until halfway of your comment. First of all the majority of ibo's can't run a business.(they are shelf fillers) That is the exact reason there are SL employee's hounding you,(managing). If they up the profit margin and you are happy with what you make, hmmm then you won't sell and grow. SL is a company that wants to grow! Frito-Lay doesn't want their employees to lay flat, that is why they are always fucking with the employees pay or routes. You own your own company, why don't you act like it. Or maybe you can apply for Frito-Lay. You will make the same money but it will be a for real boss that you can't tell to fuck off!
true they have alot of bad ibo's mostly on marginal just getting by routes but this 2 year in new service agreement saying u should catch a 60 dollar a week twice is a lil much .. We get paid on what we sell if they needed more than once a week service most of us would be there !

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

I keep seeing the term (Shelf Fillers).I would say that 95% of shelf fillers have a sh*t route like I do and have gave up on putting out displays that sell 2-3 bags in 2 weeks. Most of you that are aggressive have premium routes with a higher money clientel than some of us do. So if you could run a route were unless it's BOGO or something hot you are wasting your time and it will only result in more stales for you to eat.S&L is responsible for not giving us all a good route that we can live off of. If your running $5000-$7000 a week you might as well go work for Wal*Mart.
WNY

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree up until halfway of your comment. First of all the majority of ibo's can't run a business.(they are shelf fillers) That is the exact reason there are SL employee's hounding you,(managing). If they up the profit margin and you are happy with what you make, hmmm then you won't sell and grow. SL is a company that wants to grow! Frito-Lay doesn't want their employees to lay flat, that is why they are always fucking with the employees pay or routes. You own your own company, why don't you act like it. Or maybe you can apply for Frito-Lay. You will make the same money but it will be a for real boss that you can't tell to fuck off!
snacktime ,you crack me up... You finally agree with some comments made by an IBO, minutes with you there is always a caveat . When people feel cheated they will tend to stop caring and do just what is needed to get by. The fact that you don't get it makes me realize that you are a Snyders employee. Why not take your stupid ass opinions elsewhere, you contribute nothing but the corporate bullshit line!
NO Zone

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

I'm not signing or agreeing to work a stop twice a week that has $500-700 in inventory and only sold $60 of it in a week. That's a once a week stop. My time, money, gas, and vehicle wear can't justify it.
FORMER UTZ IBO

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

NO Zone wrote:
I'm not signing or agreeing to work a stop twice a week that has $500-700 in inventory and only sold $60 of it in a week. That's a once a week stop. My time, money, gas, and vehicle wear can't justify it.
Long time ago pre merger there was a group of IO's trying to make a difference. They failed to get the majority on board to let everyone know this merger was going to be really bad for the new routes. No one would listen. The group said the new S-L will follow Frito Lay's work philosophy. x amont of dollars/week to the days serviced. No one would listen then. Yes Frito Lay people are miserable, but at least they didn't pay for their jobs..........

Now, after the fact, the same IO"s that didn't listen are the same one's complaining about the way S-L is mistreating them. The original people who wanted to band together? They were blackablled with no routes. Most of them veterans. This will continue because there are shareholders to answer to. God help us all.
S-l troll

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
Long time ago pre merger there was a group of IO's trying to make a difference. They failed to get the majority on board to let everyone know this merger was going to be really bad for the new routes. No one would listen. The group said the new S-L will follow Frito Lay's work philosophy. x amont of dollars/week to the days serviced. No one would listen then. Yes Frito Lay people are miserable, but at least they didn't pay for their jobs..........
Now, after the fact, the same IO"s that didn't listen are the same one's complaining about the way S-L is mistreating them. The original people who wanted to band together? They were blackablled with no routes. Most of them veterans. This will continue because there are shareholders to answer to. God help us all.
well if u are dumb enough to do it then that's ur problem ! I signed a agreement 2 years ago and not going to sign a new one they have a hard enough tins keeping all the routes full u think they can enforce this ? Lol
FORMER UTZ IBO

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

S-l troll wrote:
<quoted text> well if u are dumb enough to do it then that's ur problem ! I signed a agreement 2 years ago and not going to sign a new one they have a hard enough tins keeping all the routes full u think they can enforce this ? Lol
Really? You know how many people didn't want to sign the last contract? And our peers were going to run the routes without buying them? You will sign, or you will have no route. Just like the contract before you signed this last one. IBO contracts mena nothing. We all found out the hard way. So, talk the talk, cause when the time comes you will sign. Or you'll be walking the pavement.
SL IBO

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

S-l troll wrote:
<quoted text> well if u are dumb enough to do it then that's ur problem ! I signed a agreement 2 years ago and not going to sign a new one they have a hard enough tins keeping all the routes full u think they can enforce this ? Lol
Same here , no reason to sign anything new, the only changes they would make would only benefit them... More treating us as employees, I'm not an employee and don't want to be tested as one .. There is DM in our neck of the woods that continues to go into stores and write notes that tell you what you need , mind you these aren't suggestions. they are written orders. I , personally throw out the notes.and continue to run my territory as I see fit . But he continues to do it
S-l troll

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You know how many people didn't want to sign the last contract? And our peers were going to run the routes without buying them? You will sign, or you will have no route. Just like the contract before you signed this last one. IBO contracts mena nothing. We all found out the hard way. So, talk the talk, cause when the time comes you will sign. Or you'll be walking the pavement.
difference here candy ass I allready bought the route like buying a house u can't change the contract two years in ... The last time we didn't own the routes we just ran them
Northeast Snackman

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Former UTZ IBO is correct. If/when S-L changes the contract you will sign the new one of you will be removed. We all had contracts here before the merger. The loop hole was two companies were merging it we were told our contracts was voided. Either we signed the new one or we don't have routes.

You guys who really thing you own a business are dillusional. We are Frito Lay, except we paid for our jobs. The only good thing for us IBO's here in Mass are alot of us have done well, paid off our routes, trucks, and are making a living. You new IBO's are the ones who will suffer cause you got suckered into this business.

It will only get worse as time goes by. There are alot of us veterans selling. We know how bad it will be in the future.
just trying to get by

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SL IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here , no reason to sign anything new, the only changes they would make would only benefit them... More treating us as employees, I'm not an employee and don't want to be tested as one .. There is DM in our neck of the woods that continues to go into stores and write notes that tell you what you need , mind you these aren't suggestions. they are written orders. I , personally throw out the notes.and continue to run my territory as I see fit . But he continues to do it
He is building a file on you. If they want to can you this will return from your past
Long rod

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Northeast Snackman wrote:
Former UTZ IBO is correct. If/when S-L changes the contract you will sign the new one of you will be removed. We all had contracts here before the merger. The loop hole was two companies were merging it we were told our contracts was voided. Either we signed the new one or we don't have routes.
You guys who really thing you own a business are dillusional. We are Frito Lay, except we paid for our jobs. The only good thing for us IBO's here in Mass are alot of us have done well, paid off our routes, trucks, and are making a living. You new IBO's are the ones who will suffer cause you got suckered into this business.
It will only get worse as time goes by. There are alot of us veterans selling. We know how bad it will be in the future.
They have also lost a lawsuit paid out alot of money for trying to treat you like a employee ... The recomended how many times u catch a 60 dollar a week is just a Their recommendation nothing set in stone , But you are right with these clowns it ain't going to get any better !
Northeast Snackman

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

The same lawfirm that tried the $10 million case was te same lawfirm that said NO to the group of IBO's that asked them to do another class action suit. I can't think of another career where people take an actual cut in pay, just to please the shareholders. I've heard of no raises, but never a decrease n commission. Where does it stop? The first time when we went from 20 to 19.5% some said it was no big deal. The smart people knew it wasn't going to stop there. Now this area makes 18%. Another set of people said no big deal. What's it going to take? Like I've said before I've done well, but the retirement money I was hoping to save for it being taken away little by little with the PA's and the decrease in commission.
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Just getting sick and tired of the whole thing. Nothing is ever made easy for us unless we do it ourselves. New home pack packaging may be Eco friendly but it is also sales unfriendly. I can't understand the adversarial relationship either. The guys that grew your route better get ready for a route cut. It's a comin!! I am a shelf filler and so are the rest of you that are honest. 2 for 6 on pieces, pounders, and Cape Cod don't produce large volume like Doritos at 2.48 at Walmart. Snyders Lance has a long way to go to make things right and my feeling is that it'll never happen. Learn to live on what you make. It's sad but it's this company in a nutshell. If Dan Morgan really wanted to know what's going on he wouldn't be reading this forum, he'd be riding or talking to IBO's. Not sitting in office making videos. C'mon Dan, make things right. Give us the 20% we were promised. That would be a good starting point.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
while in recent weeks I have taken a step back and tried to reorganize my thinking on how to run my route, and started examining the numbers more. I have trouble with being in such a low income area. the city my route is based out of is the 10th poorest city in this country, and number 2 per cap. on crime. How do I combat this? And I have 4 Walmarts - which management is changing monthly in. My ZM helped me stay off COD this past week because the DM in OK and TN and TX, so no one to run this armpit of the state - so with that said if you have SALES TIPS to help me please I AM ALL EARS. I try to pitch things to one Grocery MNG @ a WM and her answer to flavored pieces, pounders, is "I know I don't need that here " (when I have had some success with said products) and Holiday AW is a "maybe" and my other Grocery Chain averages $150/week/store and that is a 5 store chain - a few are under $60per week. C-store business dropped 75% in the last 6mths due to many things. Stores being sold, new highway development, people moving. Again ANY Answers would be helpful, its not that I don't know business its that this area sucks. most of our routes were quoted under a $5000 average in April of 2012 when we became IBOs - and that was based off 2010/11 numbers - and most of the routes in this state are way below projections for a number of reasons, as I stated both DM are on trucks right now.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

This is my last comment here and will say it's a damn shame we are treated the way we are. I don't know how much longer I can deal with making a low wage and pretending I own a business. If the economy ever comes back SL will have to change things or there will be thousands of company routes because people will not tolerate it. My advice to people here get off this site because it just brings you down the more you read it... Good luck IBO's
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Buy another route and run it as one??
Pretzel mam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>while in recent weeks I have taken a step back and tried to reorganize my thinking on how to run my route, and started examining the numbers more. I have trouble with being in such a low income area. the city my route is based out of is the 10th poorest city in this country, and number 2 per cap. on crime. How do I combat this? And I have 4 Walmarts - which management is changing monthly in. My ZM helped me stay off COD this past week because the DM in OK and TN and TX, so no one to run this armpit of the state - so with that said if you have SALES TIPS to help me please I AM ALL EARS. I try to pitch things to one Grocery MNG @ a WM and her answer to flavored pieces, pounders, is "I know I don't need that here " (when I have had some success with said products) and Holiday AW is a "maybe" and my other Grocery Chain averages $150/week/store and that is a 5 store chain - a few are under $60per week. C-store business dropped 75% in the last 6mths due to many things. Stores being sold, new highway development, people moving. Again ANY Answers would be helpful, its not that I don't know business its that this area sucks. most of our routes were quoted under a $5000 average in April of 2012 when we became IBOs - and that was based off 2010/11 numbers - and most of the routes in this state are way below projections for a number of reasons, as I stated both DM are on trucks right now.
Just let me tell the encomy is really bad right now and it won't be better in 2014 it might get worse then now. I usually run really high number from sept thru dec but its not happening this year. My advice to you is to try and run your route as fast as you can and try cut cost , maybe run your route 4 days a week and get a part time Job. It's not S/L faught that the encomy is really bad right now. All route guys in my area are really slow right now. I know some bread guys that are down 3000 a week in sales. Which if bread is down everything is going to be down. Best of luck to u.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Pretzel mam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let me tell the encomy is really bad right now and it won't be better in 2014 it might get worse then now. I usually run really high number from sept thru dec but its not happening this year. My advice to you is to try and run your route as fast as you can and try cut cost , maybe run your route 4 days a week and get a part time Job. It's not S/L faught that the encomy is really bad right now. All route guys in my area are really slow right now. I know some bread guys that are down 3000 a week in sales. Which if bread is down everything is going to be down. Best of luck to u.
I run 3 days a week now. am looking for a job.
Dce

Damascus, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Buy another route and run it as one??
i don't know if that's a good idea. Then you would just own 2 crappy routes!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,601 - 4,620 of5,096
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 31 min G Bush 51,332
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE