|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>what part of California are you in bud? I lived out there for 8 years - at the time, I can almost 100% positively tell you, no stores had any Lance products in them - I am not to sure about SOH stuff, maybe Safeway, Albertsons did. But if you are in the northern part of the state (Sacramento) or above - although their is potentional there I would be real suspect. I know they have been look for a DM out there for 4+ mths. to live out there you need to be well above the $10k a week route average to survive. keep your fuel cost at a min, so don't buy into a huge radius. with the "18%" on grocery items... and the PA - don't buy into it unless its 10k or above
I live in Southern CA ... Inland Empire.
WNY

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>what part of California are you in bud? I lived out there for 8 years - at the time, I can almost 100% positively tell you, no stores had any Lance products in them - I am not to sure about SOH stuff, maybe Safeway, Albertsons did. But if you are in the northern part of the state (Sacramento) or above - although their is potentional there I would be real suspect. I know they have been look for a DM out there for 4+ mths. to live out there you need to be well above the $10k a week route average to survive. keep your fuel cost at a min, so don't buy into a huge radius. with the "18%" on grocery items... and the PA - don't buy into it unless its 10k or above
Good advice! Ten years ago you could make a good living running 6-7,000 a week.. Now With Snyders way of doing business you have to average at least 10,0000@ week. Route payment , truck payment, fuel and insurance costs. And with Snyders only paying you back 81% on the PA,s makes it extremely difficult to survive . If you have a family forget it!
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

And running 10000 every week is no picnic! It's a lot of work especially when you take into account you get no benefits, no help. So I have no problem running the business to benefit me because Snyders-Lance does zero to benefit me. That mindset makes it bearable. They have earned no respect from me mainly because of their initial lying (and continued lying) about saying the commission would be 20%. Until they fix that they deserve every problem and misfortune they get. I fill shelves. That's what I do. I get paid ok for it. If that's what they wanted that's what they got. If you want real salespeople then you need to pay them. Carl Lee making 2 million behind the throne does NOTHING to build business. Putting that money into space or into programs that would drive business does. Too much fat at Snyders-Lance. Everyone knows it - nobody does nothing about it. So until we have a change in focus or leadership learn to get by on what you run.
Bbqbob01

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Today is National Boss Day. Everyone treat yourself to lunch or something. Oh Wait!!! Are we our own boss???
VASUCKER

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Bbqbob01 wrote:
Today is National Boss Day. Everyone treat yourself to lunch or something. Oh Wait!!! Are we our own boss???
HaHaHa... You work for every store in your area! You work for S+L! Are we our own BOSS?? Maybe in our own minds we are. Your stores and S+L know whos boss for real!!! HaHaHa!
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't as bad as everyone says. If you can put up with the bullshit and get creative from week to week you can make a good living!
The meeting today was,nt bad, MM did make it go a little longer, better than the last one.
Dce

Damascus, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Bent over Billy wrote:
<quoted text>The meeting today was,nt bad, MM did make it go a little longer, better than the last one.
hopefully we get some space. I heard they might eliminate minis so we could put the krunchers in the stores!
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully we get some space. I heard they might eliminate minis so we could put the krunchers in the stores!
LOL, And eliminate thehards to put the lemonade in, we will see
WNY

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
And running 10000 every week is no picnic! It's a lot of work especially when you take into account you get no benefits, no help. So I have no problem running the business to benefit me because Snyders-Lance does zero to benefit me. That mindset makes it bearable. They have earned no respect from me mainly because of their initial lying (and continued lying) about saying the commission would be 20%. Until they fix that they deserve every problem and misfortune they get. I fill shelves. That's what I do. I get paid ok for it. If that's what they wanted that's what they got. If you want real salespeople then you need to pay them. Carl Lee making 2 million behind the throne does NOTHING to build business. Putting that money into space or into programs that would drive business does. Too much fat at Snyders-Lance. Everyone knows it - nobody does nothing about it. So until we have a change in focus or leadership learn to get by on what you run.
Well said Wharf! There a lot of IBO's that feel the same way . Unfortunately they are afraid to say anything for fear of retribution . I , personally get the big freeze from management because of my comments on here. So be it, if I can't express my opinion to bad for them. The IBO's do the bulk of the work and make the bulk of the money for the company. And yet we get treated the worst, low commissions, bad warehouse hours, etc. Like you I fill shelves and keep my customers happy, management might not like that because they can't make their bonuses. There is an easy way to fix that . Bump the margins up and stop treating us like employees
snacktime

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Wharf! There a lot of IBO's that feel the same way . Unfortunately they are afraid to say anything for fear of retribution . I , personally get the big freeze from management because of my comments on here. So be it, if I can't express my opinion to bad for them. The IBO's do the bulk of the work and make the bulk of the money for the company. And yet we get treated the worst, low commissions, bad warehouse hours, etc. Like you I fill shelves and keep my customers happy, management might not like that because they can't make their bonuses. There is an easy way to fix that . Bump the margins up and stop treating us like employees
You act like an employee you fucki ng moron!
Wharfs for cape cod

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Snack time - uh, bite me?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
yep I am a shelf filler too, for now, since I am at the crack of COD - I barely run $3000 a week. the commission rates are such a joke. and the kicker - its not in the contract, the promised rates. nothing about commission is in the contract. the pricing sheet basically breaks it down. but how do I put together a case about something that really isn't in writing? I had to email legal to get the contract and that information because my clueless DM and ZM didn't have it either.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

does anyone know where in the contract if at all the commission is discussed?
WNY

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like an employee you fucki ng moron!
Snacktime? What area are you in?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

I finally figured out the guessing game of numbers. after the PA for WalMart it comes out to about a 13.5% margin on HP. the contract clearly states we get an 18% cut, but also says we cover 18% of the PA - which in turn is about 4% of our profit margin.
snackman

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

I finally figured out the guessing game of numbers. after the PA for WalMart it comes out to about a 13.5% margin on HP. the contract clearly states we get an 18% cut, but also says we cover 18% of the PA - which in turn is about 4% of our profit margin.
you are clueless it doesn't matter how much allow they give you are getting back 82% of it so your overall margin is about 16.3% gross or 18% net. You need to sell because you haven't got a clue!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Guys if you honestly do try out there, but are unhappy about something, speak up. The fear of them replacing u if you speak your mind is crazy. You see how long it takes to sell a route. Imagine if they had to do it 2-3xs a district, Won't happen, they thrive on this fear, don't let it detour you from speaking your mind (respectfully)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't agree with your paranoia about retribution if u speak up, but I love your comment about the warehouse hrs. They have all these reasons why we cant load whenever we want (thinking we wont out in a full day) however it does not make sense , we are 100% commission. Y would we not sell every case we could! Makes 0 sense
WNY

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> i don't agree with your paranoia about retribution if u speak up, but I love your comment about the warehouse hrs. They have all these reasons why we cant load whenever we want (thinking we wont out in a full day) however it does not make sense , we are 100% commission. Y would we not sell every case we could! Makes 0 sense
We are treated as employees, told what to do and no respect for what we bring to the company. If I want to start at 6,7,8,9,10am . It's my business and if my accounts are serviced its none of managements business , but they feel otherwise
snacktime

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

snackman wrote:
<quoted text>you are clueless it doesn't matter how much allow they give you are getting back 82% of it so your overall margin is about 16.3% gross or 18% net. You need to sell because you haven't got a clue!!!!!!!!!!
Yes snackman its net! what you sell!, how do they not get it. You make 19 cents on the dollar that you sell. Have these people ever been in business ????? Sounds like these people complaining on here want there sales served to them on a silver platter? I can't take these old car salesman's or union people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,521 - 4,540 of5,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 min Putin 51,216
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
Maryland man charged in Adams County armed robbery Mar 21 Davenport 3
Extreme coupon class (Aug '11) Mar 19 Erica 12
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Mar 19 Stephen B 28
•••

Freeze Warning for York County was issued at April 16 at 1:46PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••