Snyder's of Hanover
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4651 Oct 7, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> this is true they let anybody with a heartbeat have one of these routes and that hurts our multiples cause they run into the ground and always have to many open routes
dude if you are in the Carolinas, PA, VA, MD, WVA, GA NJ MA those routes are all going to better than anything in AL, LA AR MS MO OK TN KY OH TX CA areas. I can only think how bad ND SD Montana, CO WY UT NV WA OR Nebraska Iowa do. and yeah they have way too many open routes, most of which are never posted on the website so not to scare off someone not smart enough to do research before getting involved with this company. I drank the Kool Aid and that is my fault. Hopefully my lawsuit will come together soon and I will find other work.
Flying Tigers

Brighton, MA

#4652 Oct 7, 2013
Bbqbob01 wrote:
FYI. S-L is doing something that might help some of y'all guys on the east and southeast. The smaller companies(golden flake) that do the c-stores and maybe even smaller grocery chains won't be doing them in our area anymore. S-L is cutting them off at the end of their service contract towhere we pick up the accounts. I know in some cases some of y'all guys could care less about picking up anymore stops, especially small c-stores. But some of y'all on here I have read y'all asking how is this fair to buy territory with other companies providing items we should be providing. So yeah that's the good/bad news in our area. At the end of this month we will be picking up a lot of these c-stores and taking the accounts away from the other company. Not sure how many we are taking. All I know is I'm gaining 1 stop on my route due to this. It's the cash stop c-stores I'm not to sure about cause they are not corporate charge accounts. So those I have no clue about but I talk to a manager of a cash account near my house and have him checking with the other company that provides him at the moment to see what those guys are telling them from there end
Thanks for the info 'y'all !
Bbqbob01

United States

#4653 Oct 7, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are misinformed my friend. The SL/GF contract is not being terminated. In this state, we have taken over most of the grocery accts with SoH products except Krogers and Targets, due to lack of service from GF, partly because they cant keep IBO or Dist either, because they lie too. And partly because - the stuff don't sell. the only success we have had locally with SoH products is at WM, all other chains have failed due to overpricing. Pounders, Torts, Pieces, Rods, all of them I have 10 boxes of SoH stale stacked in my bin just to prove a point to the DM/RM when they ask why I don't order these products?
I did say might. I know it's happening in our area(north Texas). I'm not sure if it will be a snowball effect or not into other areas. Just passing the info to where no one is blind sided. It would make since for S-L to end contracts when they expire with other distributors since we buy territories and they are not 100% our area due to others delivering in our area. Especially if lawsuits are being talked about and rumored due to false territories. I used golden flake as a example cause that's the one I see mentioned the most. I'm not even sure what the name of the company that distributes to the smaller c-stores that we are taking over. Anyways that's all I got.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4654 Oct 8, 2013
I am scratching my head wondering "how in the world did I agree to this crap" so I was looking over a WalMart invoice the other day. HP cost $1.88 a unit. my cost $2.02 a unit. so just by taking product in the door - I lose. then the argument is made about PA - yep (-19%) so the difference is (-.14) in my cost vs WM cost now I get +.1134 of that back - so 1.88 +.11 = 1.99 ok so where is my profit again? because in my independent grocery chain I sell HP for $2.75 a package (in the HHC it rings $2.45 - but they sell them at $3.39 - so why should I give them a HUGE markup ) Again where is the profit in taking anything into WM? and how do they get away with this? unless the PA kick back is 81% of lose off the $2.45 price - which I don't think it is? someone explain this to me - am I wrong?
jimmy jo

Magee, MS

#4655 Oct 8, 2013
I am scratching my head wondering "how in the world did I agree to this crap" so I was looking over a WalMart invoice the other day. HP cost $1.88 a unit. my cost $2.02 a unit. so just by taking product in the door - I lose. then the argument is made about PA - yep (-19%) so the difference is (-.14) in my cost vs WM cost now I get +.1134 of that back - so 1.88 +.11 = 1.99 ok so where is my profit again? because in my independent grocery chain I sell HP for $2.75 a package (in the HHC it rings $2.45 - but they sell them at $3.39 - so why should I give them a HUGE markup ) Again where is the profit in taking anything into WM? and how do they get away with this? unless the PA kick back is 81% of lose off the $2.45 price - which I don't think it is? someone explain this to me - am I wrong?
Walmart gets .61 discount on HP. S&L credits u back 81% or 82% depending where u are. It's listed as promotional credits on your settlement report. The problem is it's not broken down for each invoice. I usually have 400 to 500 PA/AL added back each week.
Flying Tigers

Boston, MA

#4656 Oct 8, 2013
What is the PA on that item? Whatever it is you get 81% of that back. Add that into what you sold it into WM for. Then figure your profit margin. What you sold it for minus your cost divided by what you sold it for
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4657 Oct 8, 2013
so if they get a .61 PA on HP then that means its $2.50 my cost $2.05 then @ 18% so the PA =.61 x .81 =.49 I get returned? I see the PA numbers on my EOD Settlement report. it still seems fishy. I sell it for $1.88+.49 = 2.37 - 2.05 =.32 where is the other 4 cents 2.05 x .18 =.36 ? is my math wrong somewhere? its suppose to be 18% on grocery if they are "stealing" 4cents from every IBO on WM then they need to pay for that - that seems to me it would be well in the 7figures as much WM business SOH does. and these numbers are just on HP I don't sell chips into WM very often so I don't have those numbers.
Snyders CEO

Frederick, MD

#4658 Oct 8, 2013
so if they get a .61 PA on HP then that means its $2.50 my cost $2.05 then @ 18% so the PA =.61 x .81 =.49 I get returned? I see the PA numbers on my EOD Settlement report. it still seems fishy. I sell it for $1.88+.49 = 2.37 - 2.05 =.32 where is the other 4 cents 2.05 x .18 =.36 ? is my math wrong somewhere? its suppose to be 18% on grocery if they are "stealing" 4cents from every IBO on WM then they need to pay for that - that seems to me it would be well in the 7figures as much WM business SOH does. and these numbers are just on HP I don't sell chips into WM very often so I don't have those numbers.
If you sold chips and pretzels , I would make even more, SELL, SELL, SELL, Daddy needs a new Bentley.
Long rod

Troy, NC

#4659 Oct 8, 2013
after ur share of allowance about 11 cents a toasty home pack is around 2.38 and you bought for what 2.05 that's your profit
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4660 Oct 8, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> after ur share of allowance about 11 cents a toasty home pack is around 2.38 and you bought for what 2.05 that's your profit
where do you get the $2.38 from ? my full retail customers price is $2.45 in HHC I charge them $2.75 . We are being ripped off, I bet if I dug deeper into the other PA - it will get worse or be the same. This is STRAIGHT STEALING. Unethical behavior
Long rod

Troy, NC

#4661 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text> where do you get the $2.38 from ? my full retail customers price is $2.45 in HHC I charge them $2.75 . We are being ripped off, I bet if I dug deeper into the other PA - it will get worse or be the same. This is STRAIGHT STEALING. Unethical behavior
u make 18 or 19 percent ? Regular price on a toasty is 2.49
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Vilonia, AR

#4662 Oct 9, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> u make 18 or 19 percent ? Regular price on a toasty is 2.49
I hate to tell you but you are just wrong. the numbers simply do not add up. S-L is pocketing money they should be paying the IBO. do the math - you too will see.
Long rod

Troy, NC

#4663 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>I hate to tell you but you are just wrong. the numbers simply do not add up. S-L is pocketing money they should be paying the IBO. do the math - you too will see.
hey douche quit go back to Wendy's.. i know what the freakin crackers cost .. Take a math course !
FORMER UTZ IBO

Littleton, CO

#4664 Oct 9, 2013
Talking to some former employees UTZ is going to start charging their IBO's PA's. The IBO's are seeking a class action suit. The S-L IBO's have told them to go to the following law firm who specializes in IBO class action lawsuits.

lichten & liss- riordan

It's the way of the IBO these days. Check out the sight. Hulenen from MN recommended this lawfirm for the Mass people.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Vilonia, AR

#4665 Oct 9, 2013
go back to being a DM LongROd. I know the price too.$1.88 is WM SDV. our cost is $2.05. Full Price is $2.43 (in my HHC)$2.43 - 1.88 =.55 x .19 =.1045 so we are suppose to get approx.$.45 back. 1.88 +.45 =$2.33 - 2.05 =.28 (2.05 x .18 =.369 .36-.28 =.089 almost 9cents is missing from this 18% you say we are being paid. I can do the math another way if you like too...
2.05 x .18 =.36 2.05 + 36 = 2.42 (full 18% bump for HP) 2.42 - 1.88 =.54 x .19=.1026 1.88 + 44 = 2.32 - 2.05 =.27 2.05x.18=.3744 where is this 10cents disappearing to? we do not get 18% at all. that is what our contract states. the PA is taking all profit out of walmart stores. I understand we get back 81% of the PA - but in doing so, the company doesn't pay us the 18% stated in the contract. 10cents is missing off every package of crackers that goes through the door.
Snack Dude

Jumilla, Spain

#4666 Oct 9, 2013
Hey guys, so I was wondering this morning, is anyone actually having success selling theirs routes if they want to get out? I see a bunch of routes up for sale and people have to put 20 - 50 k cash down payment for most of these routes. Who has that kind of money besides investor types etc... The average worker isn't gonna throw that money down in addition to a 75k loan. What do you guys think?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Vilonia, AR

#4668 Oct 9, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
Talking to some former employees UTZ is going to start charging their IBO's PA's. The IBO's are seeking a class action suit. The S-L IBO's have told them to go to the following law firm who specializes in IBO class action lawsuits.
lichten & liss- riordan
It's the way of the IBO these days. Check out the sight. Hulenen from MN recommended this lawfirm for the Mass people.
have my call into the firm thanks for the info. I hope we all band together and get on board with this. corporate corruption is killing this country
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Vilonia, AR

#4669 Oct 9, 2013
STL IO Group vs S-L wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let us and every other effected person(s)/"I.O.'s" know the current status on your lawsuit.
Anyone else considering and/or currently suiging Snyder's /Lance ("S-L"), for their unethical business practies, please post any and all information.
Our group of Independent Operator's ("I.O.'s") has started a lawsuit(s) plus a possible Class-Action-Law-Suit, plus working closely with the Missouri Sate Attorney General to correct and resolve the "S-L's" unfair, misleading, unethical and possibly illegal and/or criminal business practices.
We feel this is such a shame and hope that this situation could be resolvled other than in the court(s), because "S-L" and all of it's "I.O.'s" could have successfully accomplished the conversion to "I.O.'s", but only if "S-L" would have done so in a professional and fair manner that "S-L" and all of it's "I.O.'s" would both become very successful and prosper. AFTER ALL, BUSINESS ONLY WORKS IF ALL PARTIES PROSPER AND MAKE A PROFIT.
After reviewing this "Thread's" comments, resolving this situation outside the courts is exstemely slim.
Everyone, please give us/everyone your comments.
damn I wish I would have read this stuff before hand in 2012. if this person is still active or you know how the lawsuit was settled please let me know. I am about to pursue a law suit for myself and the other IO in Arkansas. and ones who have left already.
snacktime

Milton, WI

#4670 Oct 9, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you cover 19% of the PA .., don't you? If you can't wrap your simple mind around that then I'm wasting my time with you.. By the way.... How long have you been in this business?
Longer Than you have, look at your contract you make 19% of the sale. bottom line. I get how you are doing your math but.... its wrong. Like I said before if you give a pa to a store would you let them sell it at full price?????? answer please?
snacktime

Milton, WI

#4671 Oct 9, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Voortman routes are not independently owned, they are contractors ... I have no idea about Mission
Both are Independently owned. You do your homework like you do your math?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages