Comments
4,401 - 4,420 of 5,426 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 28
Dce

Gaithersburg, MD

#4598 Sep 29, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. We have had this discussion often and we do not know or agree anymore than when we started. Most of the IBO's think they own a geographical area. SL contends we own accounts. There needs to be a lawsuit to decide that one (hopefully someone in PA will start one). I recently got an answer from SL legal when i questioned why many of the chain convenience stores that are in my contract as "protected" accounts are getting SL products from another distributor. They basically said that they did no think that applied to the contract. Huh?
we own a territory because they give a map with territorial boundaries.
Pirates Fan

Fairport, NY

#4599 Sep 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Here we go again. We have had this discussion often and we do not know or agree anymore than when we started. Most of the IBO's think they own a geographical area. SL contends we own accounts. There needs to be a lawsuit to decide that one (hopefully someone in PA will start one). I recently got an answer from SL legal when i questioned why many of the chain convenience stores that are in my contract as "protected" accounts are getting SL products from another distributor. They basically said that they did no think that applied to the contract. Huh?
3,000 IBO"s together is formidable .... Any thoughts ?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4600 Sep 30, 2013
I have a tax question but please do not give your opinion unless you are a tax accountant. Has anyway had a TAX ACCOUNTANT prepare their taxes and did they write off 100% of the purchase price or did they amoritize over 15 years?
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4601 Sep 30, 2013
I have a tax question but please do not give your opinion unless you are a tax accountant. Has anyway had a TAX ACCOUNTANT prepare their taxes and did they write off 100% of the purchase price or did they amoritize over 15 years?
must be amoritized over 15 years
MJS in Florida

Boca Raton, FL

#4602 Sep 30, 2013
A lot of belly aching !! Hey you don't like what you r doing sell and get out ! The more you say the company sucks or not doing what they said they would only brings down the value of your route now and the future ! Use your heads Syders/ Lance great company ,when you get out say what u want ! Making good $ for the amount of hours!! Pretty good down here in fla.
Long rod

Rock Hill, SC

#4603 Sep 30, 2013
MJS in Florida wrote:
A lot of belly aching !! Hey you don't like what you r doing sell and get out ! The more you say the company sucks or not doing what they said they would only brings down the value of your route now and the future ! Use your heads Syders/ Lance great company ,when you get out say what u want ! Making good $ for the amount of hours!! Pretty good down here in fla.
No Mr Rogers .. The 6 open routes that they can't keeo anybody on is bringing down the value of the good routes not some topic chat ...
Flying Tigers

Rochester, NY

#4604 Sep 30, 2013
MJS in Florida wrote:
Nothing wrong with airing out ones grievences
Wharfs for cape cod

Ocean City, MD

#4605 Oct 1, 2013
What did you all think of the Walmart resets??? The account rep should be fired. Yea were a big scary national company all right!!
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#4606 Oct 1, 2013
MJS in Florida wrote:
Like Ive said previously the only reason you are talking lik you are is because you're doing good. Like alot of IBO's here in Mass we are also doing good. If and when the time comes where S/L effects you personally you too will be on here complaining.

I'm looking out for the IBO's as a whole. It's just a matter of time when S/L will take more from our pockets. Look, the original IO's started at 20% commission with no PA's. It went down to 19.5% and paying PA's. Now it's 18%, paying PA's, and tons of direct deliveries making 12% in this area. What's next? So, since you are truly an IBO, I understand you don't care about the whole as a group. Now I hope you personally get effected financially so you will understand why people are on here trying to fix something that needs fixing.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4607 Oct 1, 2013
Spoke to sales account rep in Hanover today. Was told the people who qualified for the rebate program should have their checks "no later than October 25th."
Snack Dude

Jumilla, Spain

#4608 Oct 1, 2013
Count me in as one of the guys who's struggling. I don't deliver to a high income area, so people are watching every penny. The first 2 weeks of the month are ok cause everyone gets there food stamps, but the last two are horrible. No one has any money! That combined with losing space at my Walmart and another costly truck repair, I'm barely making it. Too many damn expenses being an IO. Is anyone considering selling your route? I would love to work for a company, but it seems those jobs and goingt away. Everyone is a IO. Blah.
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4609 Oct 1, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, only 19% when sold at full revenue... PA 's drop the margin way down
You make 19% of what you sell bottom line why can't you and the rest get that? If you sell 1,000 you make 190 wow how can't you do the math. If you were to give a store an allowance, would you let them sell it at full price. Just think and quit saying you don't make 19%!
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4610 Oct 1, 2013
Turbo Tax all the way but You must amoritize because unless you paid in full you can but even if you did its better to amoritize.
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4611 Oct 1, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Ive said previously the only reason you are talking lik you are is because you're doing good. Like alot of IBO's here in Mass we are also doing good. If and when the time comes where S/L effects you personally you too will be on here complaining.
I'm looking out for the IBO's as a whole. It's just a matter of time when S/L will take more from our pockets. Look, the original IO's started at 20% commission with no PA's. It went down to 19.5% and paying PA's. Now it's 18%, paying PA's, and tons of direct deliveries making 12% in this area. What's next? So, since you are truly an IBO, I understand you don't care about the whole as a group. Now I hope you personally get effected financially so you will understand why people are on here trying to fix something that needs fixing.
Dude you are contradicting yourself, in a previous post you said who cares about petty cash.
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#4612 Oct 1, 2013
Snack Dude wrote:
Count me in as one of the guys who's struggling. I don't deliver to a high income area, so people are watching every penny. The first 2 weeks of the month are ok cause everyone gets there food stamps, but the last two are horrible. No one has any money! That combined with losing space at my Walmart and another costly truck repair, I'm barely making it. Too many damn expenses being an IO. Is anyone considering selling your route? I would love to work for a company, but it seems those jobs and goingt away. Everyone is a IO. Blah.
But I thought the economy in Spain was ok,
Long rod

Salisbury, NC

#4613 Oct 1, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
You make 19% of what you sell bottom line why can't you and the rest get that? If you sell 1,000 you make 190 wow how can't you do the math. If you were to give a store an allowance, would you let them sell it at full price. Just think and quit saying you don't make 19%!
well down south we make 18 percent before allowances .. So that's a extra hundred in a 10 k route a week
BLUEGRASS

Louisville, KY

#4614 Oct 1, 2013
You don't make 19%!

810 bought and 1000 sold = 190 before promos. After promos is 160. So you making 16%. Why don't you get that? Its simple math.

YOU PAY 19% of promos reducing your %. Just think and quit saying you make 19% of what you sell.

The reason you think we all don't get it is cause you don't get it. Promos eat up that 19 %.
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying Tigers

New Britain, CT

#4615 Oct 1, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
You don't make 19%!
810 bought and 1000 sold = 190 before promos. After promos is 160. So you making 16%. Why don't you get that? Its simple math.
YOU PAY 19% of promos reducing your %. Just think and quit saying you make 19% of what you sell.
The reason you think we all don't get it is cause you don't get it. Promos eat up that 19 %. <quoted

text>
Finally someone who gets it!! Thanks Bluegrass.
Snyders loves IBO 's like snacktime... Clueless
Flying Tigers

New Britain, CT

#4616 Oct 1, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are clueless snacktime... Why the heck don't you take the money you lose into account??? Once again , you only make 19% if you sell at FULL revenue
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#4617 Oct 2, 2013
Has anyone heard about Walmart fining us for out of stocks? Our DM told us, however no other vendor seems to know about it, or anyone in the stores, is it true?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 min PA Voter 3,937
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 16 min Tom Korbutt 162
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 50 min Ed Rendell 51,315
Snyder's Lance Sun Virtual_Flesh 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000