arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4578 Sep 27, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Put them on every week schedule, or if you picking up stales dump them .
thanks for the support. I can not believe how this company gets away with doing the stuff they do. I mean some of the things are out of their control, but in this state, they set these routes up for failure. and also SOH is not a hot seller in these parts, if you can get pretzels or chips into a WM you do ok. We don't have the right to sell into Krogers in this state, which is where most of the SOH business is. and cross docks kill sales too. especially when the store pulls the product - it disappears - and then you find it after the date (ie Xtrafuls - what a waste of money and space)
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4579 Sep 27, 2013
Bent over Billy wrote:
Interesting article on Wal-fart on MSN.com buisiness section, also if your stores are due to be reset soon, BEND OVER, Frito Gay fLUCKS ua AGAIN
you have to have salty in the set to get screwed. where we get screwed in the reset is when they wont let us put our products back in the mod, since it is not mod in. the company with all their money should have Archway, Toms, Cap Cod, and SOH modded into all Walmarts. well at least SOH and Archway. we have people who have an office in Bettonville for Christ sakes
Cookieman

United States

#4580 Sep 27, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
I found our DM is ordering for Ibo again. Quitos displays. How do we handle this.
say No thank you and please
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4581 Sep 27, 2013
Pretzelbeard wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking on this forum site for the better part of a year. I'd like to thank you all for the entertaining reading, and some great insight. I will not say anything negative about SOH. I am not an employee, I am an IBO in the northeast. With this quarter coming to an end and being close to hitting my 10% increase, I've been watching closely where I am at. Well after gathering together all the update sheets they have been giving us with our settlement statements, I noticed a few weeks ago my 10% target increased by over 6,000 dollars. I did a double take and checked it again, to make sure I was not seeing things. Why would my target change? What I sold Q3 2012 is what I sold. I've talked to my DM about it and it is being looking into it. So my thoughts are my situation probably is not the only occurrence. So ladies and gentlemen look into your paperwork...
So you're not going to say anything bad about S-L even though you caught them trying to screw you out of your incentive bonus?
buying an equity route

San Antonio, TX

#4582 Sep 27, 2013
can someone tell me if there is something in the loan contract that protects the IO if snyders were to eliminate the route. Meaning would the IO be responsible to the bank for the remainder of the loan, if the territory no longer exist?
Dce

Gaithersburg, MD

#4583 Sep 27, 2013
buying an equity route wrote:
can someone tell me if there is something in the loan contract that protects the IO if snyders were to eliminate the route. Meaning would the IO be responsible to the bank for the remainder of the loan, if the territory no longer exist?
you technically own distribution rights in the territory not the stores in the territory. But when had my lawyer review the contract he said that the only way it could happen is if all of the accounts in your territory closed. Unless you live in a nuclear testing site hopefully it won't happen. But my lawyer said it was the most one way distributor agreements he has ever seen. He reviewed the contracts for the other routes I run
buying an equity route

United States

#4584 Sep 28, 2013
thanks for your reply, but I am wanting to know if the loan with the bank that Snyder sets up is solely the responsibility of the IO if for example snyders changed the way they do business and eliminate routes or the IO for some reason is unable to continue servicing the territory. Is there an out for the IO or is he paying for a loan that no longer has any equityuntil it is paid off?
Thanks for any insight.
sam

Trenton, NJ

#4585 Sep 28, 2013
Has anyone heard any rumors about them putting pretzel crisps on our trucks? I dont know how ut sells nation wide but were im at it srlls like crazy. One store displays it for the holidays and builds over 100 cases at a time.
Long rod

United States

#4586 Sep 28, 2013
sam wrote:
Has anyone heard any rumors about them putting pretzel crisps on our trucks? I dont know how ut sells nation wide but were im at it srlls like crazy. One store displays it for the holidays and builds over 100 cases at a time.
doubt that , Why would they give up 18 percent when they don't have to ...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4587 Sep 28, 2013
sam wrote:
we will not be handed any product that does well, 1.)because they make good money without us pushing it, 2.) they would wanna charge us for a new line. Hence the IO relationship with them will remain toxic unless the faith that we had in them with our initial investment actually pays off. Thx for the heads up on the rebates pretzelbeard
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4588 Sep 28, 2013
with all these bad business practices, is their a class action lawsuit here? I am looking into a personal lawsuit, but I think we all need to get together and figure out if a class action is possible, the little bit they have paid out so far does not hit them in the pocket book, profit margins, or stock exchange. if they have to settle a multimillion dollar suit with 3000 plus IBO that may send a message to change. please let me know I have a few connections on the eastern seaboard in the law field that may know someone that can really help (in PA, MD, DC, VA area)
Snack Dude

Jumilla, Spain

#4589 Sep 28, 2013
scamed, in my area the IO'S sued Snyders Lance about 4 years ago when I first started. Not sure the details, but I know everyone got checks out of it. Although, there's not been another lawsuit since then. Funny since people are always complaining. I bet Snyders Lance will take routes away from anyone know attempts to sue.
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#4590 Sep 28, 2013
Snack Dude wrote:
scamed, in my area the IO'S sued Snyders Lance about 4 years ago when I first started. Not sure the details, but I know everyone got checks out of it. Although, there's not been another lawsuit since then. Funny since people are always complaining. I bet Snyders Lance will take routes away from anyone know attempts to sue.
How many Pesos did you get? A fellow driver saw a lawyer, he said if you could afford to lose your route, sue, if not, let someone else do it, in Spain the laws may be different, as I am not a lawyer
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4591 Sep 28, 2013
I think I am going to get the guys in this area together and go hard on filing a lawsuit. we all have been railroaded.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4592 Sep 28, 2013
PopChips anyone?
Flying Tigers

Rochester, NY

#4593 Sep 28, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> we will not be handed any product that does well, 1.)because they make good money without us pushing it, 2.) they would wanna charge us for a new line. Hence the IO relationship with them will remain toxic unless the faith that we had in them with our initial investment actually pays off. Thx for the heads up on the rebates pretzelbeard
Exactly! I was told that they are going to keep the distribution just the way it is. Why? Well, why would they give up an additional 19% when things are fine the way they are? It is a pisser when you see big displays of Snack Factory put up by one of your competitors ! Not right!! Bottom line guys , they care about only themselves and their bonuses.
Long rod

Brevard, NC

#4594 Sep 28, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I was told that they are going to keep the distribution just the way it is. Why? Well, why would they give up an additional 19% when things are fine the way they are? It is a pisser when you see big displays of Snack Factory put up by one of your competitors ! Not right!! Bottom line guys , they care about only themselves and their bonuses.
19 percent ehhh u fockers in the northeast must make more ....
Flying Tigers

Rochester, NY

#4595 Sep 28, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> 19 percent ehhh u fockers in the northeast must make more ....
Well, only 19% when sold at full revenue... PA 's drop the margin way down
Merely Asking

Jacksonville, FL

#4596 Sep 29, 2013
sam wrote:
When the CEO from S-L first announced that they had acquired Pretzel Crisps he mentioned they they were happy with the distribution system presently being used , and they would not be giving the line to the IBO's. He also gave a sample of how Frito Lay did the same with "Stacey's"
S-L is in the business of making money! If they gave it to us they would be giving us free Equity, and You and I know that's not going to happen. If they ever gave it to the Ibo's I would expect they would want to charge us for it

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4597 Sep 29, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>you technically own distribution rights in the territory not the stores in the territory. But when had my lawyer review the contract he said that the only way it could happen is if all of the accounts in your territory closed. Unless you live in a nuclear testing site hopefully it won't happen. But my lawyer said it was the most one way distributor agreements he has ever seen. He reviewed the contracts for the other routes I run
Here we go again. We have had this discussion often and we do not know or agree anymore than when we started. Most of the IBO's think they own a geographical area. SL contends we own accounts. There needs to be a lawsuit to decide that one (hopefully someone in PA will start one). I recently got an answer from SL legal when i questioned why many of the chain convenience stores that are in my contract as "protected" accounts are getting SL products from another distributor. They basically said that they did no think that applied to the contract. Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ann R 51,494
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 16 hr Just Saying 3,999
bulllys at the work place. 18 hr Petal Power 3
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE