|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>wow! You get paid... I have generated 3 checks in 18mths. For a total of under $2000. Rediculos. Last year at tax time my DM decided to sell 4ft chip space + 3ft promo rack + fems into 2 indy grocery stores. Around $2500 in sales..$$$ stops.. my next bill $2409 and the next 3mths picked all that shit up. Pounders, cc , doublers, tort chips, toms flat. I warned him this wouldn't work... but he told me he was trying to grow my route. I just paid another $1400 and need to work off anither $1400 + this weeks load. This company is a joke. These dms are trash and liars. Our rts are suppose to be close to home and evenly divided. Then why do I drive 90m west. 90m s. And hardly cover fuel
this isn't complicated buy only what you can sell. My truck is empty every Saturday! Empty being the key, you are not a salesman you are not a ibo you are a inventory manager. Run your business you can make money on any route
Flying Tigers

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

<quoted text>so on my end of day when I print a settlement report it shows promo dollars to get the percentage right do I just divide my chsrge sales or the daily settlement number w the promo dollars?
Yes
Gopher777

Greenville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

<quoted text>yeah the bin routes are not doing well. Each dist should have a warehouse. Ours is 4 hrs away. It puts u agaist a wall. If u order light and run out your screwed order heavy and have to much your screwed.
ArkansasSLscamedIBO:
What 4 cities best describe your route borders?
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

If a DM wants to sell huge displays in your stores that you don't feel will do well ask the DM one question:
"Will you guarantee the product, 100%". If he says no don't accept it. You don't make $ on what you check in the back door, you make $ on what goes through the registers.
Flying Tigers

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>this isn't complicated buy only what you can sell. My truck is empty every Saturday! Empty being the key, you are not a salesman you are not a ibo you are a inventory manager. Run your business you can make money on any route
So true!! Inventory is the key, keep it low, low. Now you might have items that run low in stores, but Snyders set up this system and until some things change that's all you can do.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>this isn't complicated buy only what you can sell. My truck is empty every Saturday! Empty being the key, you are not a salesman you are not a ibo you are a inventory manager. Run your business you can make money on any route
I agree I have had trouble with that bc the route is so see saw. One week can be a $4500 week next $3000 then all the sudden $6k. Then $2500. And my cash stops have seriously gone down. And if I have oos in my grocery chain they call on me. And the acct. Mgr don't communicate promos till its too latr
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Gopher777 wrote:
<quoted text>
ArkansasSLscamedIBO:
What 4 cities best describe your route borders?
Tusla to the West. Dallas to the south. Memphis to the east. And st louis to north. Little Rock center.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Clocker wrote:
If a DM wants to sell huge displays in your stores that you don't feel will do well ask the DM one question:
"Will you guarantee the product, 100%". If he says no don't accept it. You don't make $ on what you check in the back door, you make $ on what goes through the registers.
so true.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Were any of you guys lance employees before the buyout? Anyone on the west coast?
Dce

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I agree I have had trouble with that bc the route is so see saw. One week can be a $4500 week next $3000 then all the sudden $6k. Then $2500. And my cash stops have seriously gone down. And if I have oos in my grocery chain they call on me. And the acct. Mgr don't communicate promos till its too latr
this business is a game of averages some weeks 3k some weeks 6k your average would be 4500. That means you shouldn't load over 3750 any week. I don't get it how many chai. Account do you have because I load that at least three times a week!
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>this business is a game of averages some weeks 3k some weeks 6k your average would be 4500. That means you shouldn't load over 3750 any week. I don't get it how many chai. Account do you have because I load that at least three times a week!
I have 5 grocery stores not named walmart. 5 walmarts- 2 are 2dr stores 1 is not even a supercenter. 1 chain cstore-eow 95miles one way from my bin. 1 indy grocery store. And maybe 10 cstores all eow or e3w ave $100 a drop. They all have been sold in the last 3mths and decreased business by 60% and two new bypasses have opened droping traffic flow 65% to 80%. My cf has gone from ave $1500*1800 per week to $800 or less. And my grocery acct. Are down overall also. My big chips and pounders are not competively priced so they don't sell. In wm I have had sucess with soh pieces and pounders but now I can't bring in till its moded. Plus c/d have hurt.
Dce

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I have 5 grocery stores not named walmart. 5 walmarts- 2 are 2dr stores 1 is not even a supercenter. 1 chain cstore-eow 95miles one way from my bin. 1 indy grocery store. And maybe 10 cstores all eow or e3w ave $100 a drop. They all have been sold in the last 3mths and decreased business by 60% and two new bypasses have opened droping traffic flow 65% to 80%. My cf has gone from ave $1500*1800 per week to $800 or less. And my grocery acct. Are down overall also. My big chips and pounders are not competively priced so they don't sell. In wm I have had sucess with soh pieces and pounders but now I can't bring in till its moded. Plus c/d have hurt.
you don't make money driving 95 miles to serve a c store. It sounds like you do a lot of miles. I own multiple routes and one has a lot of driving. So instead of using a box truck I bought a dodge caravan and took out all the seats and use that I stead it holds about 1500 in product!
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Dce wrote:
<quoted text>you don't make money driving 95 miles to serve a c store. It sounds like you do a lot of miles. I own multiple routes and one has a lot of driving. So instead of using a box truck I bought a dodge caravan and took out all the seats and use that I stead it holds about 1500 in product!
yeah we don't own our toutes and my credit is no where near buying a truck or van... or trailer. They need to make this state a distrutorship. We were told even routes and close to home to cut cost.
Long rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>so s/l bu ying gf? Two fuxed up companies. Plus what does that mean for our routes in Arkansas waiting to go equity
if s-l bought golden flake they would try to charge 4 dollars for a bag and kill the sales like they do with every thing else ... Customer is only going to pay so much !
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

For everyone who is not in a high end area don't start complaining about the high prices AFTER you buy a route and have alot of stales. The people that are not on here is because they have given up complaining or are actually making a living. Until they are affected they have the "who carses about you" attitude.

For arkansasSLscamed IBO,

You would be a fool to listen to S-L lip service on going equity. Look for another job, cause once you sign you're gonna be in a world of hurt. And it will be too late. S-L deals with high end product for the most part. There are lots of places where people can't afford their snack line. Think of where your are located and go from there. Don't feel trapped cause it's a job. Most of these guys on here still won't admit they are paying for their jobs. The contract is strictly one way. Anyone who goes against the grain will see what happens. Not a scare tactic, just facts.........
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
For everyone who is not in a high end area don't start complaining about the high prices AFTER you buy a route and have alot of stales. The people that are not on here is because they have given up complaining or are actually making a living. Until they are affected they have the "who carses about you" attitude.
You would be a fool to listen to S-L lip service on going equity. Look for another job, cause once you sign you're gonna be in a world of hurt. And it will be too late. S-L deals with high end product for the most part. There are lots of places where people can't afford their snack line. Think of where your are located and go from there. Don't feel trapped cause it's a job. Most of these guys on here still won't admit they are paying for their jobs. The contract is strictly one way. Anyone who goes against the grain will see what happens. Not a scare tactic, just facts.........
thanks former utz ibo. I am looking hard for work and in the process of finding a business attorney to go over my case. In the beginning I asked for a different route snd was railroaded into this one. No one pays attention to anything I say. Not the DM or RM. The contract clearly states, DM will work with us monthly and our bins will be checked quarterly. I have to find pt work now just so I can support myself. You are right, the prices are outragous for this area and I was adamited about this- yet they still push it on me. I had no options until it was too late when we went ibo.
Long rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
High end area or not customer is only going to pay so much ... That's why salty sales are down ...20 cents higher than frito gay on pounders is a joke
Snack Dude

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Are you guys up or down in 2013 compared to 2012? I'm way down. I have 2 r 3 good weeks, but then I'll have one horrible week that kills my averages. The economy sucks and Snyders Lance doesn't help one bit.
Snyders CEO

Jefferson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Snack Dude wrote:
Are you guys up or down in 2013 compared to 2012? I'm way down. I have 2 r 3 good weeks, but then I'll have one horrible week that kills my averages. The economy sucks and Snyders Lance doesn't help one bit.
In Spain our sales are WAY up, you are not trying hard enough, we are down in Bolivia, but that is because we raised the prices 1 peso, sell harder, Spain is an EXCELLENT market for our products, OLE
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Snyders CEO wrote:
<quoted text>In Spain our sales are WAY up, you are not trying hard enough, we are down in Bolivia, but that is because we raised the prices 1 peso, sell harder, Spain is an EXCELLENT market for our products, OLE
how do we do in mother russia? I have some trade secrets and need asylum lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 47 min Obamacare Surprise 51,274
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000