Long rod

Bennettsville, SC

#4518 Sep 19, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Get ready guys - were getting set to lose half our space in Walmart. You better check at store level because our bosses either no nothing or aren't telling us. We are definately losing under performing items and cape cod and torts.
probably 2014 plan is more pallets forced down our throats so they can pay you less and less self space !
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4519 Sep 20, 2013
cheating the ibo again SL wrote:
We pay 17% of partner brands promos when SL gets 100% credit from them. So they are making 17% off our hard work. Just another way SL cheats its ibo's. Ask any partner brand rep if this isn't the case. The OTB regional manager confirmed it we I pressed the issue as to why I should push his product while on sell only to make less money.
isn't funny that in this quarter we can get s "bonus" if up 10% on core brands but the company is pushing partner brands hard. Some of which we don't have the right to in arkansas. This company screws their IBO. Lets takeaway the bump on cstores and act like by bumping commision rates tothe same that we changed anything. We should SUE them for breech. The make huge profits off our work. And DM are useless
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4520 Sep 20, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> probably 2014 plan is more pallets forced down our throats so they can pay you less and less self space !
you mean you guys have salty space in your mods? I can't even get store level sales now because its not in a mod. Our routes are so disproportioned (which we were told wasn't going to hapoen) and can't even get equity routes because of a snyders contract with GoldenFlake even though we service almost all stores now except Kroger. As IBO we need to stand ground and sue these guys for breech. How many days has your DM run with you? Or checked your bin? Which is right in the contract.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4521 Sep 20, 2013
Why is it that our settlement have not changed as promised? Nor the IBO website? And we must clear a week or it doesn't count. 20% on cash routes is stupid I use that. In gas alone. If we have enough of a revolt maybe we can get a class action agaist these guys for bad business practices and breech of contract.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4522 Sep 20, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
<quoted text>No, straight from the SE RVP. We asked our zone manager who asked about this issue in a regional meeting.
shoot I'm just glad I get any PA back. The way this company lies. Why would we not get 100% back? Who sets the promo? For god sakes no national commerials like they promised. No salty or archway mod space in walmart? No abilty to get ahead. Conveince store business tanking. No local warehouse?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4523 Sep 20, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy them for 2.03.... Sell them at 2.25+..21=2.46......2.46-2.03= .43/2.46=17.4%....get it "Wayne".?
Margins are the issues "Buckshot"
margins are s huge issues. These corpate suits lie to us. And don't helo us grow. Is anyone else here in tn ok or ar?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4524 Sep 20, 2013
wny wrote:
<quoted text>
PA money is sales my friend...if there is no difference in adding or subtracting then why doesn't S-L do it that way ? They will tell you to subtract from your cost, but on the settlement sheet it is added to your sales..Why? And the fact that it is added to your sales makes it part of your sales...get it? GOOD DAY !!
no need to figure pa guys . Print your route settlement report at the end of the dat.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4525 Sep 20, 2013
Fat frank wrote:
<quoted text> simple math u buy 7,000 and sell 8000 and gave 500 in allowances your check would be 910 minus 35 service charge and any route note ... Where guys get into trouble is when they over sell get a big check then are upside down
wow! You get paid... I have generated 3 checks in 18mths. For a total of under $2000. Rediculos. Last year at tax time my DM decided to sell 4ft chip space + 3ft promo rack + fems into 2 indy grocery stores. Around $2500 in sales..$$$ stops.. my next bill $2409 and the next 3mths picked all that shit up. Pounders, cc , doublers, tort chips, toms flat. I warned him this wouldn't work... but he told me he was trying to grow my route. I just paid another $1400 and need to work off anither $1400 + this weeks load. This company is a joke. These dms are trash and liars. Our rts are suppose to be close to home and evenly divided. Then why do I drive 90m west. 90m s. And hardly cover fuel
Flying Tigers

Rochester, NY

#4526 Sep 20, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>wow! You get paid... I have generated 3 checks in 18mths. For a total of under $2000. Rediculos. Last year at tax time my DM decided to sell 4ft chip space + 3ft promo rack + fems into 2 indy grocery stores. Around $2500 in sales..$$$ stops.. my next bill $2409 and the next 3mths picked all that shit up. Pounders, cc , doublers, tort chips, toms flat. I warned him this wouldn't work... but he told me he was trying to grow my route. I just paid another $1400 and need to work off anither $1400 + this weeks load. This company is a joke. These dms are trash and liars. Our rts are suppose to be close to home and evenly divided. Then why do I drive 90m west. 90m s. And hardly cover fuel
Why do you even let a DM sell for you .. It's your route, you paid for it , so tell them NOT to do that again.. Where this company gets into trouble is when they treat us as employees. They were sued once before for doing exactly that . Time once again?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Oklahoma City, OK

#4527 Sep 21, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you even let a DM sell for you .. It's your route, you paid for it , so tell them NOT to do that again.. Where this company gets into trouble is when they treat us as employees. They were sued once before for doing exactly that . Time once again?
yeah I am thinking so. I really was pushed into a corner by my DM because I was asking for some reallignment of the territory. Since here we are not equity routes which Is a whole nother issue. And he sold these stores (3 total paying $1500) to add all this product to the stores. And people don't buy all that shit especpially when frito Is 2/5 all day. And then the hp went to 3.39 I was timid on doing it. And yes they try to do all these c/d with walmart all the time now
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Oklahoma City, OK

#4528 Sep 21, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about all this bullshit about promo allowances, but then again you stated that this forum was created by a former IBO that wanted answers which maybe 1 out of 5 distributors know the answers here,(and them guys don't speak up hardly) When I found this forum (I read all the pages)Guess what, there are answers going on here but the majority are so false I was laughing my ass off. Distributors asking questions and other
distributors with a one track mind telling them the wrong advice basically because they have Zero experience. This snackfood business is all I know, and now I'm going to just sit back and eat some okedoke popcorn and read these posts from time to time. Thanks former utz guy! btw, its getting cloudy with a chance of meatballs in this place.
hey snacktime you are right the only thing most of the people on here have in common is they are unhappy with the way sl treats them as an IBO. I for one now have piece of mind knowing its not just me. I mean I was thinking "maybe I just don't have business sense" etc. I have figured out one thing, treating us like employees is a problem. One guy in our distr. Wanted to drop a cash acct with low sales and sl wasn't having it. They also need to put our company name on cash invoices not theirs. Or maybe they just realize they collect most of it in the long run anyways.$20 for every $100 and most cstores I have barely make it above $100 eow or e3w
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Oklahoma City, OK

#4529 Sep 21, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! Snyders adds the promo to your sales! They will tell you to subtract the PA from your loads and it comes out to 19%. Well then why the fuck don't they subtract the PA???? It is added to YOUR SALES! Christ sakes , you sound like a Snyders shill.
so on my end of day when I print a settlement report it shows promo dollars to get the percentage right do I just divide my chsrge sales or the daily settlement number w the promo dollars?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4530 Sep 21, 2013
Fat frank wrote:
Anybody selling that lemonade yet ? And is it selling ?
I ordered some. It doesn't sell that well unless you can secure a cooler. The bright ideas event was totally mishandled. I picked up most of the glass bt I dropped off. And the kicker we actually don't have the contract in most of the state. AB non alch does. Just another example of snyders screwing ibo. Did they buy back this crap? Nope...
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4531 Sep 21, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> they don't sell for shit ...
quitos is going to a min to take off. Do you have Takis? In your area? Best suggestion is chilli lime duros only... and try to get umm next to a takis display. If you ain't got a lot of blacks or mex forget about it. Cstore business is down 60% what about u guys?
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4532 Sep 21, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Yes, I agree. I have no interest in displays. For the second largest snack company in the US we still get regarded as one of the worst. Lose space at every reset. These guys are putting zero back into the market. So zero in - zero out. I'm in when they are in. Until them keep loads low and expenses low. Heck, I'm considering a 4 day week with three day delivery. Anyone else doing that??
I only run 3 days a week. Cant afford anything else and drive 90 miles.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4533 Sep 21, 2013
working for peanuts wrote:
i run a bin they send old dated stuff the make us buy crap we didnt order and stay on our butts about money i kn ow things are differ from place to place but i seem to see less all the time my area is terrible about being sales stable and yes i am a bin sales man so all the guys that get to run everyday to a ware house stop crying you dont have to order a week ahead of time and then hope u sell it i do u dont have to worry about stuff sitting in a bin and having to sit on it because if u dont have it a walmart or grocery store is calling some big wig if u dont have some product that doesnt do anything but go stale i tried running lean like others have said but when your route burns 300 bucks a week it looks like they would look at some of our routes dirrernt than others
yeah the bin routes are not doing well. Each dist should have a warehouse. Ours is 4 hrs away. It puts u agaist a wall. If u order light and run out your screwed order heavy and have to much your screwed.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4534 Sep 21, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion you have to run at least 8,000 a week on sales in order to make a decent living, with low stales , by low I mean less then 2% of your overall sales. Having a some cash accounts is also a plus .
yeah they quote my route at $4600/wk. Right now I am under 4. Two weeks from sinking.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4535 Sep 21, 2013
Southern snack lady wrote:
<quoted text> why are they buying y'all routes back and reselling it to u?
so s/l bu ying gf? Two fuxed up companies. Plus what does that mean for our routes in Arkansas waiting to go equity
Snyders CEO

Jefferson, MD

#4536 Sep 21, 2013
arkansasSLscamedIBO wrote:
<quoted text>so s/l bu ying gf? Two fuxed up companies. Plus what does that mean for our routes in Arkansas waiting to go equity
Dude, please do not post under the influence of alcohol, or meth, please.
arkansasSLscamed IBO

Greenbrier, AR

#4537 Sep 21, 2013
Snyders CEO wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, please do not post under the influence of alcohol, or meth, please.
I am a snyders ibo like I could afford drugs or booze. I just saw a thread that said SL was buying Golden Flake needed some clarifaction. Now go back to your golf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
News Carl's Creations: A once-blooming business says... Feb '15 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]