|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the settlement 100%
Let me ask: Would your settlement change one penny if Snyder's deducted PA money off of your loads as opposed to adding to sales?
No, but why doesn't Snyders deduct it?
snacktime

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you add in your PA for settlement purposes. My point is you don't add them in when figuring margin out. ONLY SALES! You did not sell PA money to anybody.
I'll Talk to you Utzman, I really don't know why the are adding in what they so called paid as part of the promo. The orginal cost for that bag is 2.51 to store (sdv) so your cost is 2.03 now you give a .26 allow, so snyders credits you (.26 x 81 percent)=.21 now that bag cost you 2.03-.21= 1.82 and sold for 2.25 = 19% if you add in the pa we cover .26 X 19%= 5 cents and add it on to what we paid for the bag 1.82 = 1.87 and you can come up with that percentage they are claiming, but we only paid 1.82! bottom line, why are they adding imaginary money to there cost?
snacktime

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

wny wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but why doesn't Snyders deduct it?
Snyders won't know before hand when they sell it to you which pa's you will be giving depending on the promotion at the account, so they do it after the fact to keep it fair. They don't wanna give us a pa allowance before hand and we go sell it at full cost to an independent. Some chip companies such as old dutch and barrel O fun sell it to the distributors on sale during certain time frames. Then the distributor has the option to put it on sale at his independents. But when it comes to you chain accounts its handled the same.
Gamecock

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll Talk to you Utzman, I really don't know why the are adding in what they so called paid as part of the promo. The orginal cost for that bag is 2.51 to store (sdv) so your cost is 2.03 now you give a .26 allow, so snyders credits you (.26 x 81 percent)=.21 now that bag cost you 2.03-.21= 1.82 and sold for 2.25 = 19% if you add in the pa we cover .26 X 19%= 5 cents and add it on to what we paid for the bag 1.82 = 1.87 and you can come up with that percentage they are claiming, but we only paid 1.82! bottom line, why are they adding imaginary money to there cost?
True snacktime! It's all semantics . But Snyders does not deduct the PA from your loads they add it into our sales. You guys ever wonder why they do it that way? Think about it. It looks as if we understand the dollar profit but not margins. The way Snyders figures YOUR margins is wrong, plain and simple
Any

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyders won't know before hand when they sell it to you which pa's you will be giving depending on the promotion at the account, so they do it after the fact to keep it fair. They don't wanna give us a pa allowance before hand and we go sell it at full cost to an independent. Some chip companies such as old dutch and barrel O fun sell it to the distributors on sale during certain time frames. Then the distributor has the option to put it on sale at his independents. But when it comes to you chain accounts its handled the same.
I agree, but its not fair ! Honestly, we sit here bitching to each other other while Snyders nickels and dime us to death! It would be a great company to work with if they gave us back 100% of the PA. Will that ever happen ?
just trying to get by

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Any wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but its not fair ! Honestly, we sit here bitching to each other other while Snyders nickels and dime us to death! It would be a great company to work with if they gave us back 100% of the PA. Will that ever happen ?
No, straight from the SE RVP. We asked our zone manager who asked about this issue in a regional meeting.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Any wrote:
<quoted text>
It was that way in FL before the merger. Good luck getting it back.
wny

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
It was that way in FL before the merger. Good luck getting it back.
It will never happen ...S-L is making to much money grabbing that 19% each week from 3,000 IBO's
snacktime

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Gamecock wrote:
<quoted text>
True snacktime! It's all semantics . But Snyders does not deduct the PA from your loads they add it into our sales. You guys ever wonder why they do it that way? Think about it. It looks as if we understand the dollar profit but not margins. The way Snyders figures YOUR margins is wrong, plain and simple

Deducting it from you loads will not change how much you make, It's the same thing as adding it to your sales. Either way you end up making the same money and profit margin.
abc123

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Just curious...any of you file "s" corp or "c" corp? Whats advantages/disadvantages? Thanks!
snacktime

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Back when distributing for Cain's potato chips It was 25% Being a distributor for Jays Foods we got 25% and promo's were 100% covered. Then after they went bankrupt the first time the Equity group that bought them out changed it to 42% on Jays and 38% on everything else but we paid out of pocket for promo's. When Distributing for Barrel O Fun you Bought the stuff on deal during their promotions, 25% margin, of course we could sell it at full revenue and make a higher margin but there wouldn't be no turnover so it was pointless to not put it on sale at the stores.
utzman

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

abc123 wrote:
Just curious...any of you file "s" corp or "c" corp? Whats advantages/disadvantages? Thanks!
Bingo! You nailed it snackman. We are on the same page.
utzman

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

wny wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never happen ...S-L is making to much money grabbing that 19% each week from 3,000 IBO's
You just don't get it do you. S-L is paying the 3000 IBO's that money. Not sure why you can't grasp this wny
FORMER UTZ IBO

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Who cares about promo allowances? Why are some of you whining about this day after day? It's not going anywhere. The people who have been paying promo allowances for over 20 years. It's NOT going anywhere. Why whine about petty cash. Why don't you all whine about commission decreases? Jeesh!

You know what would happen if a company took S-L over? Has anyone ever thought about that? You know what your routes would be worth then? read your sorry ass contracts. If S-L gets bought out we are owed NOTHING. Another merger, our routes are worth what we paid for them when S-L was created. How smart are they now? You all see what's in front of you. Trying looking what's ahead of you.

Again, the northeast is doing alot better than most places. I shouldn't care, but I do cause we're in this together. Most have done well in Mass. Bought small, sold numberous times, made plenty of money, but the way we're being treated isn't like any so-called business owner I know. We bought our jobs. Plain and simple. For most of us this is all we know, or everyone of us would've said "frig you S-L" I'll take the buyout and go.

This forum was started by an IBO cause he wanted answers. It's turned into a bitch fest. With management eating popcorn while reading these ridiculous posts. The IBO's who didn't get offered a route were the same ones who were READING the contracts and asking questions and trying to make changes. They're the ones that are stressfree and happy. I don't see them posting anything on the board. From the ones I talk with, they all have good jobs with security too.
snacktime

Fort Atkinson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
Who cares about promo allowances? Why are some of you whining about this day after day? It's not going anywhere. The people who have been paying promo allowances for over 20 years. It's NOT going anywhere. Why whine about petty cash. Why don't you all whine about commission decreases? Jeesh!
You know what would happen if a company took S-L over? Has anyone ever thought about that? You know what your routes would be worth then? read your sorry ass contracts. If S-L gets bought out we are owed NOTHING. Another merger, our routes are worth what we paid for them when S-L was created. How smart are they now? You all see what's in front of you. Trying looking what's ahead of you.
Again, the northeast is doing alot better than most places. I shouldn't care, but I do cause we're in this together. Most have done well in Mass. Bought small, sold numberous times, made plenty of money, but the way we're being treated isn't like any so-called business owner I know. We bought our jobs. Plain and simple. For most of us this is all we know, or everyone of us would've said "frig you S-L" I'll take the buyout and go.
This forum was started by an IBO cause he wanted answers. It's turned into a bitch fest. With management eating popcorn while reading these ridiculous posts. The IBO's who didn't get offered a route were the same ones who were READING the contracts and asking questions and trying to make changes. They're the ones that are stressfree and happy. I don't see them posting anything on the board. From the ones I talk with, they all have good jobs with security too.
I don't care about all this bullshit about promo allowances, but then again you stated that this forum was created by a former IBO that wanted answers which maybe 1 out of 5 distributors know the answers here,(and them guys don't speak up hardly) When I found this forum (I read all the pages)Guess what, there are answers going on here but the majority are so false I was laughing my ass off. Distributors asking questions and other distributors with a one track mind telling them the wrong advice basically because they have Zero experience. This snackfood business is all I know, and now I'm going to just sit back and eat some okedoke popcorn and read these posts from time to time. Thanks former utz guy! btw, its getting cloudy with a chance of meatballs in this place.
abc123

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Everyone wants to complain...we get it but do any of you file as a "s" or ""c" corp for tax purposes? Im thinking "s" corp is the way to go but was looking for some feedback that actually knows the differences and files one or the other..thanks for info!
wny

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you. S-L is paying the 3000 IBO's that money. Not sure why you can't grasp this wny
You are the one that doesn't get it. Snyders is only paying you back 81% of the PA.. You are covering 19% out of your pocket
wny

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
All good points, but we bitch here because Snyders doesn't listen and frustration sets in. I have been in this business longer then all of you and I have seen the changes, they all involve taking and taking more from the IBO's. I know it will not happen but if we got back 100% of the PA , I , personally would not be complaining . You guys say losing the 19% on PA's is no big deal, but when I lose an average of 200 a week it's a big deal. Bottom line, if someone wants to bitch let them bitch
utzman

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

wny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that doesn't get it. Snyders is only paying you back 81% of the PA.. You are covering 19% out of your pocket
I get it. You make it sound like they are making extra money on pa's when in fact they lose also. It is what it is if you wanted to get paid full price on sale items you should have bought a pepperidge route. You knew the structure when you signed.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

abc123 wrote:
Everyone wants to complain...we get it but do any of you file as a "s" or ""c" corp for tax purposes? Im thinking "s" corp is the way to go but was looking for some feedback that actually knows the differences and files one or the other..thanks for info!
Do you mean a S Corp or an LLC? I was an S corp and it worked out well for me. No complaints.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,281 - 4,300 of5,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 min Sen Bob Casey 51,398
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr T kprbutt 3,556
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••

Fire Warning for York County was issued at April 23 at 8:06PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••