Snyder's of Hanover
snacktime

Cary, IL

#4489 Sep 10, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
Who cares about promo allowances? Why are some of you whining about this day after day? It's not going anywhere. The people who have been paying promo allowances for over 20 years. It's NOT going anywhere. Why whine about petty cash. Why don't you all whine about commission decreases? Jeesh!
You know what would happen if a company took S-L over? Has anyone ever thought about that? You know what your routes would be worth then? read your sorry ass contracts. If S-L gets bought out we are owed NOTHING. Another merger, our routes are worth what we paid for them when S-L was created. How smart are they now? You all see what's in front of you. Trying looking what's ahead of you.
Again, the northeast is doing alot better than most places. I shouldn't care, but I do cause we're in this together. Most have done well in Mass. Bought small, sold numberous times, made plenty of money, but the way we're being treated isn't like any so-called business owner I know. We bought our jobs. Plain and simple. For most of us this is all we know, or everyone of us would've said "frig you S-L" I'll take the buyout and go.
This forum was started by an IBO cause he wanted answers. It's turned into a bitch fest. With management eating popcorn while reading these ridiculous posts. The IBO's who didn't get offered a route were the same ones who were READING the contracts and asking questions and trying to make changes. They're the ones that are stressfree and happy. I don't see them posting anything on the board. From the ones I talk with, they all have good jobs with security too.
I don't care about all this bullshit about promo allowances, but then again you stated that this forum was created by a former IBO that wanted answers which maybe 1 out of 5 distributors know the answers here,(and them guys don't speak up hardly) When I found this forum (I read all the pages)Guess what, there are answers going on here but the majority are so false I was laughing my ass off. Distributors asking questions and other distributors with a one track mind telling them the wrong advice basically because they have Zero experience. This snackfood business is all I know, and now I'm going to just sit back and eat some okedoke popcorn and read these posts from time to time. Thanks former utz guy! btw, its getting cloudy with a chance of meatballs in this place.
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4490 Sep 10, 2013
Everyone wants to complain...we get it but do any of you file as a "s" or ""c" corp for tax purposes? Im thinking "s" corp is the way to go but was looking for some feedback that actually knows the differences and files one or the other..thanks for info!
wny

Rochester, NY

#4491 Sep 11, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you. S-L is paying the 3000 IBO's that money. Not sure why you can't grasp this wny
You are the one that doesn't get it. Snyders is only paying you back 81% of the PA.. You are covering 19% out of your pocket
wny

Rochester, NY

#4492 Sep 11, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
Who cares about promo allowances? Why are some of you whining about this day after day? It's not going anywhere. The people who have been paying promo allowances for over 20 years. It's NOT going anywhere. Why whine about petty cash. Why don't you all whine about commission decreases? Jeesh!
You know what would happen if a company took S-L over? Has anyone ever thought about that? You know what your routes would be worth then? read your sorry ass contracts. If S-L gets bought out we are owed NOTHING. Another merger, our routes are worth what we paid for them when S-L was created. How smart are they now? You all see what's in front of you. Trying looking what's ahead of you.
Again, the northeast is doing alot better than most places. I shouldn't care, but I do cause we're in this together. Most have done well in Mass. Bought small, sold numberous times, made plenty of money, but the way we're being treated isn't like any so-called business owner I know. We bought our jobs. Plain and simple. For most of us this is all we know, or everyone of us would've said "frig you S-L" I'll take the buyout and go.
This forum was started by an IBO cause he wanted answers. It's turned into a bitch fest. With management eating popcorn while reading these ridiculous posts. The IBO's who didn't get offered a route were the same ones who were READING the contracts and asking questions and trying to make changes. They're the ones that are stressfree and happy. I don't see them posting anything on the board. From the ones I talk with, they all have good jobs with security too.
All good points, but we bitch here because Snyders doesn't listen and frustration sets in. I have been in this business longer then all of you and I have seen the changes, they all involve taking and taking more from the IBO's. I know it will not happen but if we got back 100% of the PA , I , personally would not be complaining . You guys say losing the 19% on PA's is no big deal, but when I lose an average of 200 a week it's a big deal. Bottom line, if someone wants to bitch let them bitch
utzman

Boston, MA

#4493 Sep 11, 2013
wny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that doesn't get it. Snyders is only paying you back 81% of the PA.. You are covering 19% out of your pocket
I get it. You make it sound like they are making extra money on pa's when in fact they lose also. It is what it is if you wanted to get paid full price on sale items you should have bought a pepperidge route. You knew the structure when you signed.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4494 Sep 11, 2013
abc123 wrote:
Everyone wants to complain...we get it but do any of you file as a "s" or ""c" corp for tax purposes? Im thinking "s" corp is the way to go but was looking for some feedback that actually knows the differences and files one or the other..thanks for info!
Do you mean a S Corp or an LLC? I was an S corp and it worked out well for me. No complaints.
WNY distributer

Pittsford, NY

#4495 Sep 11, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You make it sound like they are making extra money on pa's when in fact they lose also. It is what it is if you wanted to get paid full price on sale items you should have bought a pepperidge route. You knew the structure when you signed.
Utz....they are making extra money on PA's...Snyders gets back 100% of the allowance from partner brands...they only give back 81% to the IBO....they pocket the 19%

You are correct about knowing ahead of time about the PA's...one problem is when I started selling Snyders there were not as many items on sale, now, in Wegmans, every item , everyday, is discounted meaning every item has a PA. Which means less profit margin
WNY distributer

Pittsford, NY

#4496 Sep 11, 2013
Guys,

There is someone on here using the name of a Snyders employee....not cool ! If you are not comfortable with using your own name don't use someone else! I wouldn't want that to happen to me and I doubt any of you would either.
Long rod

Salisbury, NC

#4497 Sep 11, 2013
Let's talk about a incentive program that if you boost sales 10 percent on core brands they will give u a 1 percent rebate .. Then they send pallets of crackers and pieces to Walmart and pallet of pounders to Kroger which them numbers dont count on the incentive program .. Then this past week they had a Snyder tort coupon in the paper but no chain around here has them on sale to make the coupon work better .. Good products stupid management !
sam

United States

#4498 Sep 11, 2013
Has anybody heard anything about new items. There saying 54 new items next year. Is there any coming up end of this year?
Merely Asking

Jacksonville, FL

#4499 Sep 11, 2013
sam wrote:
Has anybody heard anything about new items. There saying 54 new items next year. Is there any coming up end of this year?
Interesting if not just rumour, that all depends , new items to be core brands or partner brands, we build equity on core brands, we get nothing back on building partner brand sales other than commission. S-L would love to flood the Ibo's with a lot of new products making it difficult for a lot of accounts to get good service thereby making it more difficult on the ibo's to service Accounts properly or just overload us. They will want IBO' to sell off stops and add more routes
Does anyone have any thoughts on this !
Long rod

Salisbury, NC

#4501 Sep 11, 2013
Merely Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting if not just rumour, that all depends , new items to be core brands or partner brands, we build equity on core brands, we get nothing back on building partner brand sales other than commission. S-L would love to flood the Ibo's with a lot of new products making it difficult for a lot of accounts to get good service thereby making it more difficult on the ibo's to service Accounts properly or just overload us. They will want IBO' to sell off stops and add more routes
Does anyone have any thoughts on this !
they know if the route is running 10 plus a week you are less likely to cram out displays .. So they want the routes around 7 a week .. problem is they can't keep all the routes full now , need to run 10 k a week with these clowns to make any money after 200 a week in promos , gas , truck matinence etc
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

#4503 Sep 11, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> they know if the route is running 10 plus a week you are less likely to cram out displays .. So they want the routes around 7 a week .. problem is they can't keep all the routes full now , need to run 10 k a week with these clowns to make any money after 200 a week in promos , gas , truck matinence etc
According to our DM, there are 12 people waiting for routes, and if a Snyder DM says it , it must be true.
discouraged

Jacksonville, FL

#4504 Sep 11, 2013
that's in your area, a lot more routes for sale all over , saw one site where there are 21 routes up for sale ..........what does that tell you !
wny

Rochester, NY

#4505 Sep 11, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> they know if the route is running 10 plus a week you are less likely to cram out displays .. So they want the routes around 7 a week .. problem is they can't keep all the routes full now , need to run 10 k a week with these clowns to make any money after 200 a week in promos , gas , truck matinence etc
This true... You have to run at least 8,000 to 10 , 000 to make a decent living...
snacktime

Cary, IL

#4506 Sep 12, 2013
sam wrote:
Yes, but I heard 40 items
Flying Tigers

Newington, CT

#4507 Sep 12, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I heard 40 items
Who cares ??
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4508 Sep 13, 2013
Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean a S Corp or an LLC? I was an S corp and it worked out well for me. No complaints.
I am currently llc...name will not change just the way I file taxes...thinking s corp is way to go from what I hear..thanks for your input!
snacktime

Loves Park, IL

#4509 Sep 13, 2013
Flying Tigers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares ??
I do, variety is the spice of life! And more new Items Means I can talk store owners into more space which means more money to be made!
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4510 Sep 15, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, variety is the spice of life! And more new Items Means I can talk store owners into more space which means more money to be made!
variety isn't always the spice of life! I don't know about you but all I have us a 16 ft box truck it us hard to grow sales with 150 items in one account all with only one facing. It is hard to to be efficient, and there is no way to effectively merchandise 150 items we are not Keebler or nabisco.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages