snacktime

Roscoe, IL

#4455 Sep 9, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get technical with PA's??? You give back .19 on every dollar and you don't think that should be averaged in to your sales? Seriously? I swear there are Snyder employees on here because I can't believe any IBO is that clueless
Ok I'll show you how clueless I really am, Btw I am not an IBO.(truly independent) Here is a pop quiz buckshot>>> You sold 10 bags of soh pounder pretzels on sale 2.51 sdv with a 26 cent allowance. How much did you make dollar wise, show me your formula.
Wharfs for cape cod

Blairs Mills, PA

#4456 Sep 9, 2013
You guys are boring the crap out of me!! Lets discuss important stuff, ok??
snacktime

Windsor, WI

#4457 Sep 9, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
You guys are boring the crap out of me!! Lets discuss important stuff, ok??
Did you hear about all these new items they are coming out with?
WNY

Feeding Hills, MA

#4458 Sep 9, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'll show you how clueless I really am, Btw I am not an IBO.(truly independent) Here is a pop quiz buckshot>>> You sold 10 bags of soh pounder pretzels on sale 2.51 sdv with a 26 cent allowance. How much did you make dollar wise, show me your formula.
You made .43 per bag....ummm I think that is 4.30 for the 10 bags.. More importantly is your profit margin which is, with your numbers, 17.4%. Now what part of that don't you understand?
Your homework snacktime is to figure how I came up with those numbers
snacktime

Roscoe, IL

#4459 Sep 9, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
You made .43 per bag....ummm I think that is 4.30 for the 10 bags.. More importantly is your profit margin which is, with your numbers, 17.4%. Now what part of that don't you understand?
Your homework snacktime is to figure how I came up with those numbers
Btw didn't ask you Wayne, But here is the easiest why to figure it. 10 bags X 2.25 X 19 PERCENT!= 4.28 what omg could it be, no it couldn't Because I sold them $22.50 X 17.4%= 3.91. As you see wny I came up with your 4.30 by multiplying what I sold by 19 percent. What else is there to understand. It is right there in black in white!
WNY

Feeding Hills, MA

#4460 Sep 9, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw didn't ask you Wayne, But here is the easiest why to figure it. 10 bags X 2.25 X 19 PERCENT!= 4.28 what omg could it be, no it couldn't Because I sold them $22.50 X 17.4%= 3.91. As you see wny I came up with your 4.30 by multiplying what I sold by 19 percent. What else is there to understand. It is right there in black in white!
You forgot to ad in PA... You sold them for 2.46 not 2.25, your margin goes down because you are covering 19% of PA.... Understand?? And what's with the names, Wayne? Buckshot? You some kind of stupid redneck?
Mikeking

Feeding Hills, MA

#4461 Sep 9, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy them for 2.03.... Sell them at 2.25+..21=2.46......2.46-2.03= .43/2.46=17.4%....get it "Wayne".?

Margins are the issues "Buckshot"
utzman

Boston, MA

#4462 Sep 9, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to ad in PA... You sold them for 2.46 not 2.25, your margin goes down because you are covering 19% of PA.... Understand?? And what's with the names, Wayne? Buckshot? You some kind of stupid redneck?
You don't add in the PA!! He sold them for 2.25. How can you say he sold for 2.46? Who is paying the .26? Simple question that you are unable to answer, who is being charged that money?? How can you not grasp a sale vs receiving credit for an allowance?
utzman

Boston, MA

#4463 Sep 9, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy them for 2.03.... Sell them at 2.25+..21=2.46......2.46-2.03= .43/2.46=17.4%....get it "Wayne".?
Margins are the issues "Buckshot"
Margin is only figured on sdv. You do not add back pa money into sales to figure margin. Allowance should be taken off your cost. 2.03-.21= 1.82
2.25-1.82=.43 .43/2.25=19%
Mikeking

Feeding Hills, MA

#4464 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't add in the PA!! He sold them for 2.25. How can you say he sold for 2.46? Who is paying the .26? Simple question that you are unable to answer, who is being charged that money?? How can you not grasp a sale vs receiving credit for an allowance?
Jeeezz Utzman ! You do add in the PA, for Christ sakes if you didn't add in the PA you would be selling some items at a loss ! Your PA's are a part of your sales... LOOK AT YOUR SETTLEMENT..
Mikeking

Feeding Hills, MA

#4466 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Margin is only figured on sdv. You do not add back pa money into sales to figure margin. Allowance should be taken off your cost. 2.03-.21= 1.82
2.25-1.82=.43 .43/2.25=19%
SDV? Then your margin on those pounders would be 9.7%... Is that correct?
utzman

Boston, MA

#4467 Sep 9, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeeezz Utzman ! You do add in the PA, for Christ sakes if you didn't add in the PA you would be selling some items at a loss ! Your PA's are a part of your sales... LOOK AT YOUR SETTLEMENT..
Yes you add in your PA for settlement purposes. My point is you don't add them in when figuring margin out. ONLY SALES! You did not sell PA money to anybody.
utzman

Boston, MA

#4468 Sep 9, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
SDV? Then your margin on those pounders would be 9.7%... Is that correct?
Sdv= price that a customer paid for product. In this case 2.25

PA is not a "sale" it's money you get back from the company.
Mikeking

Feeding Hills, MA

#4469 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you add in your PA for settlement purposes. My point is you don't add them in when figuring margin out. ONLY SALES! You did not sell PA money to anybody.
The way Snyders settles with you, yes , you do add in to sales. Otherwise they would deduct it from your loads . You were told to subtract it from a Snyder employee, right ?
wny

Feeding Hills, MA

#4470 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Utzman , you do add the PA to sales. On your settlement, as you know, PA IS added to sales, hence it is considered sales . Do not listen to your DM'S on this... They have no clue on how to figure out margins
Mikeking

Pittsford, NY

#4471 Sep 9, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this? Also what partner brands are you selling, and how much on average weekly?
Kettle Brand, Indiana pop, wise, Popchips, jackLinks....and I was told by a Snyder Employee
utzman

Boston, MA

#4472 Sep 9, 2013
wny wrote:
<quoted text>
Utzman , you do add the PA to sales. On your settlement, as you know, PA IS added to sales, hence it is considered sales . Do not listen to your DM'S on this... They have no clue on how to figure out margins
I understand how the settlement works. You nailed it when you said its "considered" sales. It's not sales. Simple question: who did you sell the PA money to?
utzman

Boston, MA

#4473 Sep 9, 2013
Mikeking wrote:
<quoted text>
The way Snyders settles with you, yes , you do add in to sales. Otherwise they would deduct it from your loads . You were told to subtract it from a Snyder employee, right ?
I understand the settlement 100%

Let me ask: Would your settlement change one penny if Snyder's deducted PA money off of your loads as opposed to adding to sales?
wny

Rochester, NY

#4474 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how the settlement works. You nailed it when you said its "considered" sales. It's not sales. Simple question: who did you sell the PA money to?
I give the PA to my customers as part of the sale of the product
wny

Rochester, NY

#4475 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the settlement 100%
Let me ask: Would your settlement change one penny if Snyder's deducted PA money off of your loads as opposed to adding to sales?
No, but why doesn't Snyders deduct it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 28 min Educator 51,481
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Obamas Democratic... 3,993
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug '14 Joe Biden 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search