utzman

Somerville, MA

#4435 Sep 7, 2013
wny wrote:
<quoted text>
PA money is sales my friend...if there is no difference in adding or subtracting then why doesn't S-L do it that way ? They will tell you to subtract from your cost, but on the settlement sheet it is added to your sales..Why? And the fact that it is added to your sales makes it part of your sales...get it? GOOD DAY !!

Who did you sell those dollars to? You get paid on cost into the store. PA money has nothing to do with sales!
Dce

Baltimore, MD

#4436 Sep 7, 2013
There is no point in getting mad at each other. The reality of the situation is that the math isn't going to work in our favor, ever! So if you can't take it get out and if you can figure out the way to be profitable, and every route if ran correctly can be profitable stay.
utzman

Somerville, MA

#4437 Sep 7, 2013
wny wrote:
<quoted text>
The only accurate way to figure your margin is to ADD the PA back into your sales....that is exactly what Snyders does...they do not subtract from your loads...why they don't is pretty obvious
Margin=Profit/Store cost. Bottom line.
Sell in at $1.00 you paid .82 .18 profit
. 18/1= 18% very simple right?
Same bag you sell in at .90 instead
.08 instant profit plus .082 pa back =.162 total profit
.162/.90= 18% profit
Wharfs for cape cod

Blairs Mills, PA

#4438 Sep 7, 2013
You guys waste more time sweating the dumbest stuff. Your wasting our time. If you can't figure your settlement by now you should get out.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4439 Sep 7, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
You guys waste more time sweating the dumbest stuff. Your wasting our time. If you can't figure your

settlement by now you should get out.
Never said I can't figure it out! I now all to well that we are getting screwed over. Period
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4440 Sep 7, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you sell those dollars to? You get paid on cost into the store. PA money has nothing to do with sales!
PA's are most certainly part of sales, Snyders ADDS the promo into your sales. What part of that don't you understand Utzman ?
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4441 Sep 8, 2013
Food for thought,,,, Just print out a route summary for the day...look at the inventory amount you sold that day. Subtract that from your total sales for the day...that is what u made for the day minus your share of promo dollars. Ie..say inventory sold was 1000.00..total sales 1200.00 minus 10.00 your share of promos...you made 190.00 that day which is 19%...of course this will vary as we don't get paid 19% on everything but instead of breaking down each store each case each bag I found this to be an easier way to figure what percentage I'm making...hopefully this helps some??
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4442 Sep 8, 2013
abc123 wrote:
Food for thought,,,, Just print out a route summary for the day...look at the inventory amount you sold that day. Subtract that from your total sales for the day...that is what u made for the day minus your share of promo dollars. Ie..say inventory sold was 1000.00..total sales 1200.00 minus 10.00 your share of promos...you made 190.00 that day which is 19%...of course this will vary as we don't get paid 19% on everything but instead of breaking down each store each case each bag I found this to be an easier way to figure what percentage I'm making...hopefully this helps some??
The 19% is assuming you only paid out 10.00 in PA,
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4443 Sep 8, 2013
abc123 wrote:
Bottom line? You only make 19% when you sell product at full revenue... The higher the PA the lower your margin.. Snyders should give us back 100% of the PA...then this discussion would be mute
Long rod

United States

#4444 Sep 8, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line? You only make 19% when you sell product at full revenue... The higher the PA the lower your margin.. Snyders should give us back 100% of the PA...then this discussion would be mute
that's never going to happen ... U notice when they run partner brands on sale they have some crazy allowance giving the store like 40 percent margin u know why cause partner brands pay for the allowance and that's another way to shake more money out of us ...
WNY

Feeding Hills, MA

#4445 Sep 8, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> that's never going to happen ... U notice when they run partner brands on sale they have some crazy allowance giving the store like 40 percent margin u know why cause partner brands pay for the allowance and that's another way to shake more money out of us ...
Exactly!! Partner brands gives Snyders 100% of the PA, then Snyders gives us only 81%. Nice chunk of money Snyders picks up each week from the IBO
Wharfs for cape cod

Blairs Mills, PA

#4446 Sep 8, 2013
We only get 18% where I work so if you are getting 19% and having issues then you really should consider selling !
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4447 Sep 8, 2013
abc123 wrote:
Even simpler 1,000 total sales X 19%= 190. This past Friday I sold $2,864.67 X 19%= 544.28. Don't have to get all technical with pa's to get a figure of what You made. We make 19% of our sales, plain and simple.
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4448 Sep 8, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!! Partner brands gives Snyders 100% of the PA, then Snyders gives us only 81%. Nice chunk of money Snyders picks up each week from the IBO
How do you know this? Also what partner brands are you selling, and how much on average weekly?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4449 Sep 8, 2013
Don't you just love getting 22 cases of pounders sent to your Krogers when you know they won't sell by the expiration date especially the nibs!!
utzman

Woburn, MA

#4450 Sep 8, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Even simpler 1,000 total sales X 19%= 190. This past Friday I sold $2,864.67 X 19%= 544.28. Don't have to get all technical with pa's to get a figure of what You made. We make 19% of our sales, plain and simple.
This. Exactly this.
Long rod

Davidson, NC

#4451 Sep 8, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this? Also what partner brands are you selling, and how much on average weekly?
some guys down here sell 3 grand a week in partner brands ... Kettle brand , food should taste good, garden of Eden , terra , on the border , pirates booty , popcorn Indiana , pop chips , skinny pop , wise , late July , so yes the shit adds up

Since: Sep 13

Las Vegas, NV

#4452 Sep 8, 2013
3 grand a week in partner brands. Thats a lot if you ask me?

Anyway: Why cant I access the first page: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hanover-pa/TN... of this topic?
Mikeking

Pittsford, NY

#4453 Sep 9, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get technical with PA's??? You give back .19 on every dollar and you don't think that should be averaged in to your sales? Seriously? I swear there are Snyder employees on here because I can't believe any IBO is that clueless
Pretzel

Pittsford, NY

#4454 Sep 9, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
This. Exactly this.
Only at FULL revenue!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Fri RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web