WNY

Agawam, MA

#4414 Sep 6, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
Just curious, has anyone tried to contact Lou Ann at corporate about issues with percentages not being right? I have several times and also talked with dm. No luck. I worked Walmart on Monday morni, ran an end of day right after, did the math (adding 83% promo back in), deducted cost for the product and I am making less than 9 percent. I have co tacked a contract lawyer here and will be seeing him next week. I am tired of this. Also was told they were getting me a route value for 3 weeks and still don't have it. I bought this route at a great deal since the iBo before was kicked out of several corporate stores and crammed independent c stores with meat products to get the cash. Now, I am told that even though sales are up 67 percent, I can only sell route for 20,000 more than I bought it for. Then, on top of that, Snyders will dig their claws into 5 percent of that. Frustration abounds and there seems to be no one that wants to give any solid answers. Anyone else dealing with this?
I have been telling corporate for years about the percentages for years with no solid answers ! I'm told I don't know how to figure percentages correctly, well that's bullshit! Problem is they know mist IBo's don't and the ones that do they just lie to, or they figure there is nothing we will do
WNY

Agawam, MA

#4415 Sep 6, 2013
15.6% on Halloween pretzels, where is our other 3.5%?
Long rod

United States

#4416 Sep 6, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
Just curious, has anyone tried to contact Lou Ann at corporate about issues with percentages not being right? I have several times and also talked with dm. No luck. I worked Walmart on Monday morni, ran an end of day right after, did the math (adding 83% promo back in), deducted cost for the product and I am making less than 9 percent. I have co tacked a contract lawyer here and will be seeing him next week. I am tired of this. Also was told they were getting me a route value for 3 weeks and still don't have it. I bought this route at a great deal since the iBo before was kicked out of several corporate stores and crammed independent c stores with meat products to get the cash. Now, I am told that even though sales are up 67 percent, I can only sell route for 20,000 more than I bought it for. Then, on top of that, Snyders will dig their claws into 5 percent of that. Frustration abounds and there seems to be no one that wants to give any solid answers. Anyone else dealing with this?
They can't tell what u can sell it for .. They might only finance 20 k over the going rate but you could sell it for a million if the other person has the equity
Long rod

United States

#4417 Sep 6, 2013
WNY wrote:
maybe allowance ? We haven't got them yet ... Or maybe they had to take some of our commish cause they changed the bags ... Lol What a joke
Ibosc

Taylors, SC

#4419 Sep 6, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been telling corporate for years about the percentages for years with no solid answers ! I'm told I don't know how to figure percentages correctly, well that's bullshit! Problem is they know mist IBo's don't and the ones that do they just lie to, or they figure there is nothing we will do
I spoke with the zone manager and another dm today. So, Walmart is an average of 12 percent profit. Hmmmm... He said that the 18 percent is a blended margin. Not in my books it has not been. My contract was signed under false pretenses, I feel.
Long rod

United States

#4420 Sep 6, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke with the zone manager and another dm today. So, Walmart is an average of 12 percent profit. Hmmmm... He said that the 18 percent is a blended margin. Not in my books it has not been. My contract was signed under false pretenses, I feel.
Walmart is because u give so much allowance on home packs .. U make 18 before allowances
Ibosc

Taylors, SC

#4421 Sep 6, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> Walmart is because u give so much allowance on home packs .. U make 18 before allowances
The 18 percent blended margin is supposed to be across the board ( including c stores). At any rate, the assumption that making less than 9 percent at any one store is a joke and a slap in the face I believe.
utzman

Beverly, MA

#4422 Sep 6, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
You don't add promo dollars back into sales when figuring margin, it's a common mistake. You only get paid on dollars you SELL. Take the allowance off the cost of the product then figure it out.
Ibosc

Taylors, SC

#4423 Sep 6, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't add promo dollars back into sales when figuring margin, it's a common mistake. You only get paid on dollars you SELL. Take the allowance off the cost of the product then figure it out.
yo

You add 83% of the promotional dollars back onto your daily sales. If that was not the case, I would have a negative profit margin in Walmart every time I deliver. All of the promo dollars are what I sell in. We just have to eat 17 of the promo dollars. Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but I have ran a route for several years and have just started having issues with my paperwork not adding up. Up until that point, I could figure my paycheck within a few dollars.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4424 Sep 6, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! Snyders adds the promo to your sales! They will tell you to subtract the PA from your loads and it comes out to 19%. Well then why the fuck don't they subtract the PA???? It is added to YOUR SALES! Christ sakes , you sound like a Snyders shill.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4425 Sep 6, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
<quoted text>yo
You add 83% of the promotional dollars back onto your daily sales. If that was not the case, I would have a negative profit margin in Walmart every time I deliver. All of the promo dollars are what I sell in. We just have to eat 17 of the promo dollars. Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but I have ran a route for several years and have just started having issues with my paperwork not adding up. Up until that point, I could figure my paycheck within a few dollars.
We only get 81% of thePA back. Interesting how its different in other areas

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4426 Sep 6, 2013
I agree. Before our recent merge and route changes I was able to figure within a few bucks. Now it's off 10-20 bucks in S-L favor. I do 83% added back in. Maybe I should do 81%. That's the thing no one will give you a straight answer. Different answer for everyone you ask.
Ibosc wrote:
<quoted text>yo
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4427 Sep 7, 2013
Bbqbob01 wrote:
I agree. Before our recent merge and route changes I was able to figure within a few bucks. Now it's off 10-20 bucks in S-L favor. I do 83% added back in. Maybe I should do 81%. That's the thing no one will give you a straight answer. Different answer for everyone you ask.
<quoted text>
That's so true, one has to wonder why you get different explanations from management. Are they clueless or are they not being truthful?
utzman

Somerville, MA

#4428 Sep 7, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! Snyders adds the promo to your sales! They will tell you to subtract the PA from your loads and it comes out to 19%. Well then why the fuck don't they subtract the PA???? It is added to YOUR SALES! Christ sakes , you sound like a Snyders shill.
I'm not wrong. What's the difference between adding to sales or subtracting from loads? NOTHING! Your settlement comes out the same either way. My point is that to figure profit margin you only base it on sales. PA money is not sales!
utzman

Somerville, MA

#4429 Sep 7, 2013
Ibosc wrote:
<quoted text>yo
Yes you are misunderstanding me. I'm only talking about when figuring profit margin you never add PA back into sales to figure it out. For settlement purposes yes, for margin no.
wny

Pittsford, NY

#4430 Sep 7, 2013
Long rod wrote:
<quoted text> maybe allowance ? We haven't got them yet ... Or maybe they had to take some of our commish cause they changed the bags ... Lol What a joke
Long Rod, yes , the low percentage is because of the big PA....the bigger PA, the less money in our pocket
wny

Pittsford, NY

#4431 Sep 7, 2013
WNY wrote:
Judged "clueless", really Mike ? I think you are the clueless one...get your calculator out and figure out the percentage, then get back to me dumb ass!
wny

Pittsford, NY

#4432 Sep 7, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey King? What name do you use on here? It most certainly is you who judges every comment negatively, Freakin' kiss ass
wny

Pittsford, NY

#4433 Sep 7, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong. What's the difference between adding to sales or subtracting from loads? NOTHING! Your settlement comes out the same either way. My point is that to figure profit margin you only base it on sales. PA money is not sales!
PA money is sales my friend...if there is no difference in adding or subtracting then why doesn't S-L do it that way ? They will tell you to subtract from your cost, but on the settlement sheet it is added to your sales..Why? And the fact that it is added to your sales makes it part of your sales...get it? GOOD DAY !!
wny

Pittsford, NY

#4434 Sep 7, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are misunderstanding me. I'm only talking about when figuring profit margin you never add PA back into sales to figure it out. For settlement purposes yes, for margin no.
The only accurate way to figure your margin is to ADD the PA back into your sales....that is exactly what Snyders does...they do not subtract from your loads...why they don't is pretty obvious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 1
bulllys at the work place. Sep '14 Petal Power 3
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs