WNY

Manchester, CT

#4330 Aug 17, 2013
Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
So you bought the route from someone who couldn't manage his inventory. My mistake, apology sent your way. Sharing your experience here should help prospective buyers as most are not aware of the situation thiat happened to you. My statement still holds for those out there that complain about stales. They shouldn't be a problem.
I agree!! But not watch the dates when you pull product, they have a way of mixing in short coded product... Buyer beware!!
snacktime

Hartland, WI

#4331 Aug 17, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ! The only way you could double my profits is to give me the product free !! By the sound of your posts I take it you are new to the business
20 years wny, save your stupid comments for your wife, you make no sense on here. You Talk like some of these c-stores I deliver to, they wanna make 30 percent all the time, Don't worry I teach them how turnover at a less profit margin is better than no turn over at a higher one. Maybe you should try something new, I could show you how.
snacktime

Hartland, WI

#4332 Aug 17, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!! But not watch the dates when you pull product, they have a way of mixing in short coded product... Buyer beware!!
They list all products by there date code on your load sheet. so if you bought 10 cases of something and they were different dates they would show up like 3 and 7 but the same code. At least for me, then again I don't know how the bin guys work. Dosen't matter anyway, wny is right look at the dates on the box if you don't have at least 8 weeks don't take it, I used to get older shit from a bin place and they would sell it to me half price if I agreed. Just saying.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4333 Aug 17, 2013
Jimmy Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 30 C-Stores and a bin so i get the dates the shoppers don't want, stales can defiantly be a problem if u don't stay on top of it. It makes me sick at the end of the year when I add up how much profit I threw away. O how I miss running a company route days!!!
Doesn't your contract state date requirements? 60,,90 days? If I had a C-store route and was getting 30 day codes I would sell it. I never had a bin route but if I did I wouldn't stand for short coded product. It seems to me bin route IBO's are at the mercy of the company. They'll send you all the short coded product they want and it's up to you to fight back. That's a bad business relationship if I'm right.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4334 Aug 17, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
20 years wny, save your stupid comments for your wife, you make no sense on here. You Talk like some of these c-stores I deliver to, they wanna make 30 percent all the time, Don't worry I teach them how turnover at a less profit margin is better than no turn over at a higher one. Maybe you should try something new, I could show you how.
Snack time you speak like a moron....your c-stores want to make 30% and you think that's bad?? You're a bigger idiot then you let on. Thirty percent is what they should make! What do you think, in your simple mind, your big chain stores make?? There is no way you are an IBO'S , let alone have 20 years in. Do us all a favor and go back to being a DM' plant
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4335 Aug 17, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Making 19% as an IBO is not asking for to much.i never mentioned 30%, but a full 19% is what an IBO needs to make a living. The fact that you think making lower then 19 is fine makes me think you are a Snyders employee and your stupid rants prove that.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4336 Aug 17, 2013
john wrote:
Ok, so as someone who has 20 years in the bread business.. looking at some of the posts here, Ive seen some of these complaints before.. Especially when I ran with flowers..
I am looking at a snyders route...
IF you have a clue.. is this a good business?
In my opinion you have to run at least 8,000 a week on sales in order to make a decent living, with low stales , by low I mean less then 2% of your overall sales. Having a some cash accounts is also a plus .
Merely Asking

Jacksonville, FL

#4337 Aug 18, 2013
Do yourself a favor, keep looking unless your desperate.

Snyders is worse than Flowers
john

Titusville, FL

#4338 Aug 18, 2013
LOL thats bad then
snacktime

Windsor, WI

#4339 Aug 18, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Snack time you speak like a moron....your c-stores want to make 30% and you think that's bad?? You're a bigger idiot then you let on. Thirty percent is what they should make! What do you think, in your simple mind, your big chain stores make?? There is no way you are an IBO'S , let alone have 20 years in. Do us all a favor and go back to being a DM' plant
Come on over and ride with me, I show you how to make money. Ha Ha Ha, time for change wny. I don't have big chain stores wyn. What is an IBO, does that mean independent bin operator? I hold my own warehouse.
snacktime

Windsor, WI

#4340 Aug 18, 2013
Do any of you distributors sell non soh items like a jerky line or such?? I do sell other products, Jerky, fudge, carmel corn, etc. good extra profit there and you usually make 25% as a distributor. I have some 50 dollar c-stores with soh products but with my other stuff I can hit any where from 100-300 dollars on them stores depending on the time of the year.
Fat frank

United States

#4341 Aug 18, 2013
snacktime wrote:
Do any of you distributors sell non soh items like a jerky line or such?? I do sell other products, Jerky, fudge, carmel corn, etc. good extra profit there and you usually make 25% as a distributor. I have some 50 dollar c-stores with soh products but with my other stuff I can hit any where from 100-300 dollars on them stores depending on the time of the year.
that's what its about making them shitty stops worth going to ...
Ted Nugent

Tver, Russia

#4342 Aug 18, 2013
Guys, I just listened to the conference call from 2 weeks ago for Lance earnings. One of the guys asked the CEO why they were so confident in the 2nd half of 2013 when sales are starting to slow. The CEO came up with the lamest answers. 1) More advertising 2) He mentioned the incentives for IO'S to grow their business.

So basically the CEO is counting on us to pack crappy C store stops so they make earnings and then hurt us when we take 50 bucks worth of stales out 2 months later. LOL

If you want growth...... get more shelf space at Target and Walmart and discount your product like crazy everywhere else. People are broke.... they only buy whats on sale. Why would I buy a Lance or Snyders product when I can get Doritos for 2 bucks? That is a no brainer for the poor consumer.
Ted Nugent

Tver, Russia

#4343 Aug 18, 2013
It seems Frito Lay has Doritos on sale 2 for 4 every other week. Cmon Lance! Discount now!
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4344 Aug 18, 2013
Ted Nugent wrote:
Guys, I just listened to the conference call from 2 weeks ago for Lance earnings. One of the guys asked the CEO why they were so confident in the 2nd half of 2013 when sales are starting to slow. The CEO came up with the lamest answers. 1) More advertising 2) He mentioned the incentives for IO'S to grow their business.
So basically the CEO is counting on us to pack crappy C store stops so they make earnings and then hurt us when we take 50 bucks worth of stales out 2 months later. LOL
If you want growth...... get more shelf space at Target and Walmart and discount your product like crazy everywhere else. People are broke.... they only buy whats on sale. Why would I buy a Lance or Snyders product when I can get Doritos for 2 bucks? That is a no brainer for the poor consumer.
This is true! The incentive program that Snyders came up with is lame. It's a win win for them while the onus to make their numbers is on us. As I said before , they are just giving back what they take from you and only a fraction of that . Give the IBO's 100% of the PA and then they will see the numbers go up
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4345 Aug 18, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on over and ride with me, I show you how to make money. Ha Ha Ha, time for change wny. I don't have big chain stores wyn. What is an IBO, does that mean independent bin operator? I hold my own warehouse.
Sounds like you have a "city" route and if that's the case you are in whole different situation then we, who have chains. So your opinion is pretty much worthless ... No offense
Union

United States

#4346 Aug 19, 2013
I will not be chasing a 10% growth number to get back 1% and watch my stales go up!!! I also sell other lines where I can make 30-40% instead.
Fat frank

United States

#4347 Aug 19, 2013
Anybody selling that lemonade yet ? And is it selling ?
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4348 Aug 19, 2013
Union wrote:
I will not be chasing a 10% growth number to get back 1% and watch my stales go up!!! I also sell other lines where I can make 30-40% instead.
Well said , I feel exactly the same way!
Southern snack lady

Pearl, MS

#4350 Aug 20, 2013
53 in GA wrote:
New question, just heard that we will not get our bonus pay if we do not buy our routes until the route sales. Has anyone else heard this? Also, since they are waiting on purchasing Golden Flakes that puts more route salesmen in the pot for purchasing routes. If a GF guy has more seniority he would get the route. Just more unanswered questions. What about the routes that are in rual area that will have to drive an hour or more to the warehouse to pick up product and an hour back to start their routes? Not very productive ,waste of gas and time.
why are they buying y'all routes back and reselling it to u?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ed Swindell 51,454
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 6 hr Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force 7 hr Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug '14 Joe Biden 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••