Snyder's of Hanover
Ted Nugent

Tver, Russia

#4343 Aug 18, 2013
It seems Frito Lay has Doritos on sale 2 for 4 every other week. Cmon Lance! Discount now!
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4344 Aug 18, 2013
Ted Nugent wrote:
Guys, I just listened to the conference call from 2 weeks ago for Lance earnings. One of the guys asked the CEO why they were so confident in the 2nd half of 2013 when sales are starting to slow. The CEO came up with the lamest answers. 1) More advertising 2) He mentioned the incentives for IO'S to grow their business.
So basically the CEO is counting on us to pack crappy C store stops so they make earnings and then hurt us when we take 50 bucks worth of stales out 2 months later. LOL
If you want growth...... get more shelf space at Target and Walmart and discount your product like crazy everywhere else. People are broke.... they only buy whats on sale. Why would I buy a Lance or Snyders product when I can get Doritos for 2 bucks? That is a no brainer for the poor consumer.
This is true! The incentive program that Snyders came up with is lame. It's a win win for them while the onus to make their numbers is on us. As I said before , they are just giving back what they take from you and only a fraction of that . Give the IBO's 100% of the PA and then they will see the numbers go up
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4345 Aug 18, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on over and ride with me, I show you how to make money. Ha Ha Ha, time for change wny. I don't have big chain stores wyn. What is an IBO, does that mean independent bin operator? I hold my own warehouse.
Sounds like you have a "city" route and if that's the case you are in whole different situation then we, who have chains. So your opinion is pretty much worthless ... No offense
Union

United States

#4346 Aug 19, 2013
I will not be chasing a 10% growth number to get back 1% and watch my stales go up!!! I also sell other lines where I can make 30-40% instead.
Fat frank

United States

#4347 Aug 19, 2013
Anybody selling that lemonade yet ? And is it selling ?
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4348 Aug 19, 2013
Union wrote:
I will not be chasing a 10% growth number to get back 1% and watch my stales go up!!! I also sell other lines where I can make 30-40% instead.
Well said , I feel exactly the same way!
Southern snack lady

Pearl, MS

#4350 Aug 20, 2013
53 in GA wrote:
New question, just heard that we will not get our bonus pay if we do not buy our routes until the route sales. Has anyone else heard this? Also, since they are waiting on purchasing Golden Flakes that puts more route salesmen in the pot for purchasing routes. If a GF guy has more seniority he would get the route. Just more unanswered questions. What about the routes that are in rual area that will have to drive an hour or more to the warehouse to pick up product and an hour back to start their routes? Not very productive ,waste of gas and time.
why are they buying y'all routes back and reselling it to u?
working for peanuts

Carthage, NC

#4352 Aug 20, 2013
i run a bin they send old dated stuff the make us buy crap we didnt order and stay on our butts about money i kn ow things are differ from place to place but i seem to see less all the time my area is terrible about being sales stable and yes i am a bin sales man so all the guys that get to run everyday to a ware house stop crying you dont have to order a week ahead of time and then hope u sell it i do u dont have to worry about stuff sitting in a bin and having to sit on it because if u dont have it a walmart or grocery store is calling some big wig if u dont have some product that doesnt do anything but go stale i tried running lean like others have said but when your route burns 300 bucks a week it looks like they would look at some of our routes dirrernt than others
ibo sucker

Indian Trail, NC

#4353 Aug 21, 2013
working for peanuts wrote:
i run a bin they send old dated stuff the make us buy crap we didnt order and stay on our butts about money i kn ow things are differ from place to place but i seem to see less all the time my area is terrible about being sales stable and yes i am a bin sales man so all the guys that get to run everyday to a ware house stop crying you dont have to order a week ahead of time and then hope u sell it i do u dont have to worry about stuff sitting in a bin and having to sit on it because if u dont have it a walmart or grocery store is calling some big wig if u dont have some product that doesnt do anything but go stale i tried running lean like others have said but when your route burns 300 bucks a week it looks like they would look at some of our routes dirrernt than others
agreed!! Totally different than warehouse shoppers...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4355 Aug 21, 2013
What a bunch of morons that run this company. Their sales are down so they are going to ride c-stores and K Mart to the promise land.
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4356 Aug 21, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
What a bunch of morons that run this company. Their sales are down so they are going to ride c-stores and K Mart to the promise land.
And don't forget Rite Aid's !
Fat frank

United States

#4357 Aug 22, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget Rite Aid's !
They would put the shit in a produce stand once it gets billed to u its a sale they don't care if u stale 500 a week ...
Hopefull

Beaumont, TX

#4358 Aug 23, 2013
Can anyone explain how we get paid in detail?
Snyders CEO

Frederick, MD

#4359 Aug 23, 2013
Fat frank wrote:
<quoted text> They would put the shit in a produce stand once it gets billed to u its a sale they don't care if u stale 500 a week ...
Why that is a GREAT idea, I want everyone to stop at their local produce stand and put the tubes in there, great impulse item, cucumbers and honey mustard pretzel pieces, what a great idea. you guys are the greatest underpaid IBO's that I know, keep up the good work, the CEO
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4360 Aug 23, 2013
Hopefull wrote:
Can anyone explain how we get paid in detail?
Simple , you get charged for loads and your charge bills are payment against that . Don't forget the cash you get during the week.. That is where people get confused
living the dream

Cape Canaveral, FL

#4361 Aug 23, 2013
Hopefull wrote:
Can anyone explain how we get paid in detail?
1. add all your charge sales for the week NOT INCLUDING PROMO DOLLARS

2. add all your loads for the week

3. subtract loads from charge sales

4. subtract stales

5. subtract route payment and service fee

this is where it gets ridiculous....

6. add all your promo dollars for the week, multiply that number by 18%, subtract the 18% from the total promo dollars, THEN add that number

7. if you have any cash sales subtract the cash collected

8. you will get a number very close to the settlement check you get....never exact for unexplained reasons.......

9. Live the dream
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4362 Aug 23, 2013
Hopefull wrote:
Can anyone explain how we get paid in detail?
that is something that should have been explained better before you signed for the route, but snyders loves an ibo that doesn't understand how they get paid
Fat frank

United States

#4363 Aug 23, 2013
Snyders CEO wrote:
<quoted text>Why that is a GREAT idea, I want everyone to stop at their local produce stand and put the tubes in there, great impulse item, cucumbers and honey mustard pretzel pieces, what a great idea. you guys are the greatest underpaid IBO's that I know, keep up the good work, the CEO
And probably make twice what u do a week ... What's that make you ? Douche go back to ihop !
lance in my pants

Houston, TX

#4364 Aug 23, 2013
I love being an IBO. I love the products. I know how to sell them! I know how to make money! It can be done and I have all the papers to show it. My route is averaging 8 thousand a week and I'm proud to say I'm up 32% from 2012. I set up displays, I set up new stores all the time, I Sell Sell Sell
kbsnacks

Baltimore, MD

#4365 Aug 23, 2013
An easier way to figure out the promo is to multiply it times .82 and then add that number to your total sales.
They give you back 82% of the promo $.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ummmm......yeah Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
power outage littlestown pa (Nov '14) Dec '16 Javajunkie334 7

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages