Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4310 Aug 14, 2013
That is what I having been telling people. WHen I bought this route, I had no issue in sharing discounts when something was on sale, but I was never told that with WM, EVERYTHING is always on sale. I also have noticed that when SL looks at sales figures, they never factor stales. An 8500 route run by SL that has 600 a week in sales is no different than an 8500 route with $50 in stales run by us. If they would have priced my route based on NET sales, been a whole diferent story. Their "cram" mentaility would kill an IBO
utzman

Beverly, MA

#4311 Aug 15, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
You're drinking to much company of the kool aid! Snyders loses nothing on partner brand PA's, partner brands give Snyders either 81% of the PA or 100%. So they are losing zero, no doubt making at least an extra 19% because you cover 19% on every dollar. Now on Snyder products you might have a point , but realize that they are making way more of a profit on items that they manufacture
No question your are right about partner brands, that is highway robbery. I totally agree with you there. As for them adding PA money onto sales that is just plain wrong, that money was never sold and can never be considered "sales." If it showed up on settlement as a discount in product as it should, there would be a lot less anger I think. I don't drink cool aid, I only see things for what they are.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4312 Aug 15, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
That is what I having been telling people. WHen I bought this route, I had no issue in sharing discounts when something was on sale, but I was never told that with WM, EVERYTHING is always on sale. I also have noticed that when SL looks at sales figures, they never factor stales. An 8500 route run by SL that has 600 a week in sales is no different than an 8500 route with $50 in stales run by us. If they would have priced my route based on NET sales, been a whole diferent story. Their "cram" mentaility would kill an IBO
When you buy the product, you own it. That's part of the deal and you should have accepted that fact from the beginning. You can't blame them for your stales. To be honest I can't understand how stales are a problem as long as you make sure you don't buy short coded product from the warehouse. The last year I had my route I did $500,000 in volume and had $1,700 in stales. 3.4%. Most of that stale was damaged product from shopping snackers that I picked up in the backroom. Pepperidge Farm bread has a 10 day code and they stay under 10%. If you can't control your stale with 2-3 months on most of the product you need to do a better job. Don't pack your displays front to back in slow stores. After you deliver Sat, that should be it. Let your displays sell down Mon-Wed. That's just 2 common ways that can help cut down stales.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4313 Aug 15, 2013
You evidently did not read my post. I never complained one bit about having stales.
Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
When you buy the product, you own it. That's part of the deal and you should have accepted that fact from the beginning. You can't blame them for your stales. To be honest I can't understand how stales are a problem as long as you make sure you don't buy short coded product from the warehouse. The last year I had my route I did $500,000 in volume and had $1,700 in stales. 3.4%. Most of that stale was damaged product from shopping snackers that I picked up in the backroom. Pepperidge Farm bread has a 10 day code and they stay under 10%. If you can't control your stale with 2-3 months on most of the product you need to do a better job. Don't pack your displays front to back in slow stores. After you deliver Sat, that should be it. Let your displays sell down Mon-Wed. That's just 2 common ways that can help cut down stales.
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4314 Aug 15, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
No question your are right about partner brands, that is highway robbery. I totally agree with you there. As for them adding PA money onto sales that is just plain wrong, that money was never sold and can never be considered "sales." If it showed up on settlement as a discount in product as it should, there would be a lot less anger I think. I don't drink cool aid, I only see things for what they are.
Finally we agree!! Bottom line....Snyders loses NOTHING on promotions , I brought that up to John McGinn and he told me that the 19% IBO's cover is to cover the cost of weekenders and ad space and there was no way Snyders would ever it back to us. Furthermore if I didn't like it then I should get out of this business .. He speaks from both sides of his mouth... On one hand we are his best customer on the other he wants us to bend over and take it without complaint.
texans

Montgomery, TX

#4315 Aug 15, 2013
work saturday? Mon Tues Thurs Fri only.
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4316 Aug 15, 2013
And by me speaking my mind I have been told there will be retribution against me. So be it. That's what lawyers are for . 99% of the people posting on here are afraid to identify themselves, how freaking sad is that ? Stay up for yourselves damnit !!!
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4317 Aug 15, 2013
texans wrote:
work saturday? Mon Tues Thurs Fri only.
Texans? You're based in Rochester aren't you? Chances are you are being a wise ass or "Sweet"
Wharfs for cape cod

Blairs Mills, PA

#4318 Aug 15, 2013
Speak your mind but not at the risk of losing your business. Make it work for you. Don't let McGinn have the last laugh. He will be on the street before long. He sounds like a real LOSER!!
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4319 Aug 15, 2013
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Speak your mind but not at the risk of losing your business. Make it work for you. Don't let McGinn have the last laugh. He will be on the street before long. He sounds like a real LOSER!!
True ... But up here we have to be careful about that... Say what you feel and you are shunned!
snacktime

Brookfield, WI

#4320 Aug 15, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey snack time?! You are as nutty as Utzman.. No doubt you are a Snyder employee or just plain stupid
That is bold to call someone stupid, what I wrote is common sense and not too much of that going on here. Apparently only a one track mind. I could double your profits in 6 months no problem.
snackman

Newville, PA

#4321 Aug 16, 2013
WNY wrote:
And by me speaking my mind I have been told there will be retribution against me. So be it. That's what lawyers are for . 99% of the people posting on here are afraid to identify themselves, how freaking sad is that ? Stay up for yourselves damnit !!!
Yes this it true and you are one of the 99% because im sure your name isn't WNY
WNY

Pittsford, NY

#4322 Aug 16, 2013
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>Yes this it true and you are one of the 99% because im sure your name isn't WNY
Snackman,
LOL ....thats true, but everyone up here knows who WNY is, and for that I get a lot of shit from everyone...oh well
WNY

Pittsford, NY

#4323 Aug 16, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
That is bold to call someone stupid, what I wrote is common sense and not too much of that going on here. Apparently only a one track mind. I could double your profits in 6 months no problem.
Ha ! The only way you could double my profits is to give me the product free !! By the sound of your posts I take it you are new to the business
Wharfs for cape cod

Blairs Mills, PA

#4324 Aug 16, 2013
Come on guys - Snyders Lance the problem. Don't take shots at each other. That's what they want!!
john

Titusville, FL

#4325 Aug 16, 2013
Ok, so as someone who has 20 years in the bread business.. looking at some of the posts here, Ive seen some of these complaints before.. Especially when I ran with flowers..

I am looking at a snyders route...

IF you have a clue.. is this a good business?
Harry balls

United States

#4326 Aug 17, 2013
john wrote:
Ok, so as someone who has 20 years in the bread business.. looking at some of the posts here, Ive seen some of these complaints before.. Especially when I ran with flowers..
I am looking at a snyders route...
IF you have a clue.. is this a good business?
all depends on the area .. We have guys running 12 k a week making pretty good Money and guys running 6 k a week and can't keep anybody on the route ... S-l products aren't cheap so usually the higher end area is where u want to be
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4327 Aug 17, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
You evidently did not read my post. I never complained one bit about having stales.
<quoted text>
So you bought the route from someone who couldn't manage his inventory. My mistake, apology sent your way. Sharing your experience here should help prospective buyers as most are not aware of the situation that happened to you. My statement still holds for those out there that complain about stales. They shouldn't be a problem.
Jimmy Jo

Magee, MS

#4328 Aug 17, 2013
Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
So you bought the route from someone who couldn't manage his inventory. My mistake, apology sent your way. Sharing your experience here should help prospective buyers as most are not aware of the situation that happened to you. My statement still holds for those out there that complain about stales. They shouldn't be a problem.
I have 30 C-Stores and a bin so i get the dates the shoppers don't want, stales can defiantly be a problem if u don't stay on top of it. It makes me sick at the end of the year when I add up how much profit I threw away. O how I miss running a company route days!!!
Cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4329 Aug 17, 2013
Harry balls wrote:
<quoted text> all depends on the area .. We have guys running 12 k a week making pretty good Money and guys running 6 k a week and can't keep anybody on the route ... S-l products aren't cheap so usually the higher end area is where u want to be
agree 100% if you know what your doing in an economically sound market, you will do fine esp. If you were a breadman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Mon askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search