WNY

West Springfield, MA

#4288 Aug 12, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
The only thing that scares me is how much focus they have in gas stations (c-store) etc. they have excepted status qou with supermarkets and are cuttin into our growth percentage with cross docks. There are sooo many things they can do in groc stores but dont even try (brighter display pieces more coupons etc)
. As business gets tougher the work environment will only get more toxic and i hate to see that since we both just want to move cases. But to continue having a $4 cookie and a $3.50 cracker and watch it sit is embarassing
We have the BEST warehouse operation in Rochester!!
WNY

West Springfield, MA

#4289 Aug 12, 2013
Pissed off wrote:
<quoted text>
Tat is not hard at all to get 2700. In promo discounts. Mine last week was 4200.00. I have been trying to get answers why I am not making money, and all I get is the run around. 14,000 in sales 2 weeks ago and owed 700.00. Ummm. Math doesn't add up
We lose 190.00 per 1,000 on Promo allowances , Snyders loses a big fat zero ! Wake up people, Snyder MAKES a shitload of money on the PA's they give out!
The Promo allowances kill you, but don't bother saying anything to the suits because they will tell you to sell if it bothers you that much. How's that for working together ?
Harry balls

United States

#4290 Aug 12, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
We lose 190.00 per 1,000 on Promo allowances , Snyders loses a big fat zero ! Wake up people, Snyder MAKES a shitload of money on the PA's they give out!
The Promo allowances kill you, but don't bother saying anything to the suits because they will tell you to sell if it bothers you that much. How's that for working together ?
guess u guys make 19 percent up there we pay 18 down here .. And they are not going to change allowance share might as well save your type
Michael Dunkan

Sunnyvale, CA

#4292 Aug 12, 2013
You know would be nice guys? If Snyders would compete with Frito Lay on holidays. Back to school is just around and the corner and I already know Frito Lay will have better prices. Our company used to have 1.88, buy one get one free etc... and now we refuse to discount to sell more.
WNY

Pittsford, NY

#4293 Aug 12, 2013
Harry balls wrote:
<quoted text> guess u guys make 19 percent up there we pay 18 down here .. And the

y are not going to change allowance share might as well save your type
We are all getting screwed on PA's , someone then others
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4294 Aug 12, 2013
Michael Dunkan wrote:
You know would be nice guys? If Snyders would compete with Frito Lay on holidays. Back to school is just around and the corner and I already know Frito Lay will have better prices. Our company used to have 1.88, buy one get one free etc... and now we refuse to discount to sell more.
why would we want to run a big sale it would just cost us more money!
WNY

Meriden, CT

#4295 Aug 13, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>why would we want to run a big sale it would just cost us more money!
Exactly!!
Pretzel mam

United States

#4296 Aug 13, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
I don't know why the company do run bogo or 2/4 since the IBO are the ones that lose the money. Woulndt it be better for the Company to run more deals like that , they would increase there numbers for sure
utzman

Beverly, MA

#4298 Aug 13, 2013
The company also loses on discounts too. Do you guys even realize this?
Harry balls

United States

#4299 Aug 13, 2013
utzman wrote:
lol ... Well if they didn't overprice everything they wouldn't have to discounted much to keep things moving and hit numbers ... Pretty sad when you are 20 cents higher than frito gay on pretzels
WNY

Rochester, NY

#4300 Aug 13, 2013
utzman wrote:
You are mistaken Utzman... They lose NOTHING
utzman

Beverly, MA

#4301 Aug 13, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken Utzman... They lose NOTHING
Of course they lose. Let me ask,

When you sell an item with an allowance does SNL credit you money back on settlement? Yes. That costs them money.

When you sell full price they give nothing back.
utzman

Beverly, MA

#4302 Aug 14, 2013
Harry balls wrote:
<quoted text> lol ... Well if they didn't overprice everything they wouldn't have to discounted much to keep things moving and hit numbers ... Pretty sad when you are 20 cents higher than frito gay on pretzels
I couldn't agree more. It's all a scam. Consumers like items on "sale" the price on the bag is irrelevant these days. I don't like it either.
Billy Joe Jack

Earlwood, Australia

#4303 Aug 14, 2013
The pretzel game is gone, has been since Mr Salty hung himself in Vegas after a 3 day cocaine and hooker fueled blast.

All the fun has gone out of selling those salt laden high blood pressure bombs.

Maybe add some MSG or nicotine...y'know hook the kiddies.
snacktime

Winnebago, IL

#4304 Aug 14, 2013
WNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea if you gave away 1,000 on allowances Snyders Covers 81% of that so you end up making 19% net. Snyders are losing money on PA's. You make 19% of the bottom line period. I don't see how you say we are losing if we put something on sale. If you sell 1 pretzel pound bag a week at full price 3.49 retail, 2.51 sdv, 2.03 your cost, you just made 48 cents.(when you put something on sale your volume will go up! I'm gonna say 3:1.) Now run those pounders on sale at 2/600 with a 26 cent allowance, 2.25 sdv,1.82 your cost. Now you only made 43 cents a unit which is less but you probably now sell 3 bags a week which = 1.29 in profits. What would you rather make 1.29 or .48 cents?? I run every thing I can on sale, more volume = more money in my pocket.
jimmy jo

Magee, MS

#4305 Aug 14, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>Yea if you gave away 1,000 on allowances Snyders Covers 81% of that so you end up making 19% net. Snyders are losing money on PA's. You make 19% of the bottom line period. I don't see how you say we are losing if we put something on sale. If you sell 1 pretzel pound bag a week at full price 3.49 retail, 2.51 sdv, 2.03 your cost, you just made 48 cents.(when you put something on sale your volume will go up! I'm gonna say 3:1.) Now run those pounders on sale at 2/600 with a 26 cent allowance, 2.25 sdv,1.82 your cost. Now you only made 43 cents a unit which is less but you probably now sell 3 bags a week which = 1.29 in profits. What would you rather make 1.29 or .48 cents?? I run every thing I can on sale, more volume = more money in my pocket.
I don't have a problem with paying part of the promo what I have the problem with is EdLP in Walmart. I never heard anything about having to pay part of the discount given to Walmart. They should have just told us, your going to make 20%, 18%, and 15% in Walmart. Also, they can now mark everything up and run more promos to drive down our comm.
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4306 Aug 14, 2013
utzman wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they lose. Let me ask,
When you sell an item with an allowance does SNL credit you money back on settlement? Yes. That costs them money.
When you sell full price they give nothing back.
You're drinking to much company of the kool aid! Snyders loses nothing on partner brand PA's, partner brands give Snyders either 81% of the PA or 100%. So they are losing zero, no doubt making at least an extra 19% because you cover 19% on every dollar. Now on Snyder products you might have a point , but realize that they are making way more of a profit on items that they manufacture
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4307 Aug 14, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea if you gave away 1,000 on allowances Snyders Covers 81% of that so you end up making 19% net. Snyders are losing money on PA's. You make 19% of the bottom line period. I don't see how you say we are losing if we put something on sale. If you sell 1 pretzel pound bag a week at full price 3.49 retail, 2.51 sdv, 2.03 your cost, you just made 48 cents.(when you put something on sale your volume will go up! I'm gonna say 3:1.) Now run those pounders on sale at 2/600 with a 26 cent allowance, 2.25 sdv,1.82 your cost. Now you only made 43 cents a unit which is less but you probably now sell 3 bags a week which = 1.29 in profits. What would you rather make 1.29 or .48 cents?? I run every thing I can on sale, more volume = more money in my pocket.
Hey snack time?! You are as nutty as Utzman.. No doubt you are a Snyder employee or just plain stupid
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4308 Aug 14, 2013
snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
And they don't subtract the PA from your cost , they add it to your sales. Also, you don't take in your time, the cost of gas and more trips to the warehouse... That is when they open!!
WNY

Enfield, CT

#4309 Aug 14, 2013
jimmy jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with paying part of the promo what I have the problem with is EdLP in Walmart. I never heard anything about having to pay part of the discount given to Walmart. They should have just told us, your going to make 20%, 18%, and 15% in Walmart. Also, they can now mark everything up and run more promos to drive down our comm.
Finally someone who makes sense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:57PM
Andre Johnson Needs 4 More Catches to Reach 1,000 for Career
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Presidential fumble: It's Franco, not Flacco - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:38 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 3:50 PM
New Ray Rice Surveillance Video Reveals Aftermath of Elevator Assault