Comments
3,941 - 3,960 of 5,426 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4123 Jul 17, 2013
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>Why a multiplier of 8? If you could buy for that..it would be great but I know of no route selling for a multiplier of 8?
she asked for best offer cash. If they want out they will take it.
chipladyTX

Wildwood, FL

#4124 Jul 17, 2013
net after expenses reporting 57k asking 2x net seems high to me. large difference between 8.1 and 20.1
BLUEGRASS

Louisville, KY

#4125 Jul 17, 2013
Best scenario is for you to run the route first. If the seller is willing, as you say, that's what I would do. If you have to buy a truck and pay gas then you should take no less than 75% of settlements.

Good luck and you don't have to be rocket scientist to do this type of work. One things for sure if you have any kind of route experience and can get along with people, you can always find work.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4126 Jul 17, 2013
discouraged wrote:
<quoted text>
8 is not a realistic number. I have seen them going for as high as 20 to 1. Whatever the market will bear !
bought mine for 8 to 1
BLUEGRASS

Louisville, KY

#4127 Jul 17, 2013
They go for 6 - 10 around here. I could never see investing three figures with this outfit but all areas value routes different.

Doesn't S-L take 7- 10 % when you sell your route ?
You would have to grow substantially to overcome the interest paid and their fees.
Stiff Peter

United States

#4128 Jul 17, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
They go for 6 - 10 around here. I could never see investing three figures with this outfit but all areas value routes different.
You would have to grow substantially to overcome the interest paid and their fees.
yep crooks take money when u sell and if you split ...
Cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4129 Jul 17, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
i bought mine just because I needed the income, I never wanted to be in the chip business , but it is great supplemental income .( Route avg 4000 a week)It does work , but it is very demanding, you have to compete with the evil empire frito lay, I would not pay more than 10 to 1. I got into this because I was fed up with running grocery stores, my next goal is to sell Sl. Don't be discouraged because it does work. Just be carful for what you ask for!
BLUEGRASS

Louisville, KY

#4130 Jul 17, 2013
Can you sell for a higher multiplier than what you purchased at ?
Stiff Peter wrote:
<quoted text> yep crooks take money when u sell and if you split ...
just trying to get by

United States

#4131 Jul 18, 2013
SL is using 12-1 so if I were to sell I would advertise my rt at 18-1 and drop no lower than 15-1. People need jobs and we do make decent $ if u work it right.
Stiff Peter

United States

#4132 Jul 18, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
Can you sell for a higher multiplier than what you purchased at ?<quoted text>
u can sell it for half million if somebody has the money ... Of course s-l would screw the paperwork up the buyer would get fustrated and walk away .. Knowing the dumbases they have working @ s-l
Stiff Peter

United States

#4133 Jul 18, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
think they will finance 2 percent over the going rate for the route in your area , if u want more than that the buyer will have to come up with that cash
Merely Asking

Jacksonville, FL

#4134 Jul 18, 2013
BLUEGRASS wrote:
You can sell for whatever you can get, but S-L will only finance to a certain level and buyer has to pay difference in cash
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#4135 Jul 19, 2013
has anybody heard that sl plans to buy our routes back after the first of the year ad reroute all the routes again. that seems to be tha rumor going around here. I think they are saying they will make all the routes combo routes.
themidastouch

Hanover, PA

#4137 Jul 19, 2013
why wrote:
has anybody heard that sl plans to buy our routes back after the first of the year ad reroute all the routes again. that seems to be tha rumor going around here. I think they are saying they will make all the routes combo routes.
our routes are changing in about a month
ibo sucker

Lexington, NC

#4138 Jul 19, 2013
themidastouch wrote:
<quoted text>our routes are changing in about a month
what do you mean ? What did they tell you.. buy back or just reroute?
Archway muffins

United States

#4139 Jul 19, 2013
Atleast they are doing the right thing with the x tra fulls @ Walmart ... As far as buying routes back better be offering a better multiple then I bought it for .
Archway muffins

United States

#4140 Jul 19, 2013
ibo sucker wrote:
<quoted text>what do you mean ? What did they tell you.. buy back or just reroute?
can't reroute you buy area not stores ...
CapeCodChipMan

Gainesville, FL

#4141 Jul 20, 2013
Canthandle wrote:
I really hope things turn for the better for everyone. I tried to sell my route back in march, had a buyer ....took over as soon as I left. The new buyer signed all the paperwork and all we had to do was wait on soh. Well here is the end of June and snyders has delayed to eat away at whatever equity I had built in this route. These people are a joke....no one at accounting will answer calls, they can't give you an answer , they're all about well let me check with "someone". It could be a great operation , but until they get they s@&$ together it's not gonna happen.
In the same boat. Built the route up in 2 years. Secured a buyer and on May 1st, 10% deposit put down and under Binder. Here it is 10 weeks later and all I get is that it is moving through out the offices.

Procedure for selling routes changed "about that time" According to the new ZM here. Now it takes between 8 and 12 weeks from start to finish to sell a route since too many people are selling routes and the office at SoH is backed up in paperwork.

What a crock! I have seen them sell a route in under 30 days....as long as it benefits them
Ball sack

United States

#4142 Jul 20, 2013
CapeCodChipMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the same boat. Built the route up in 2 years. Secured a buyer and on May 1st, 10% deposit put down and under Binder. Here it is 10 weeks later and all I get is that it is moving through out the offices.
Procedure for selling routes changed "about that time" According to the new ZM here. Now it takes between 8 and 12 weeks from start to finish to sell a route since too many people are selling routes and the office at SoH is backed up in paperwork.
What a crock! I have seen them sell a route in under 30 days....as long as it benefits them
snyders of bend over wouldn't do that ... Lol
Snyders CEO

Jefferson, MD

#4143 Jul 20, 2013
CapeCodChipMan wrote:
<quoted text>
My accounting department is the best that we could afford. They will get you the check when we can, I am in the process of buying a 2014 custom Mercedes, this is a priority , You are number 271 on the list, please be patient.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 11 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 14 hr Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••