Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4101 Jul 16, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>now this is all a part of learning.I'm pretty sure after taxes and expenses its 51,000.it may not be 18:1 I'm really not sure how the ratio thing works yet..he avgs about 7,800 in sales a week and he dosent do saturdays.with the info given what would be the ratio??remember I'm still doing reasearch,thanks for your input.
118k sounds high, i don't think I'd pay more than64-70k. If that dude gets 118k for a rt doin $7800 im selling immediately. It's not exactly a dream contract but its fun and all things considering an easy job. Get an accountant and make sure u have 4-6 grocery stores and its a good job. Good luck

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4102 Jul 16, 2013
Multipliers are 15 and 18 for our routes?!

Since: Jul 13

United States

#4103 Jul 16, 2013
Thanks guys.thanks a lot!now I have a much better insight on how that works.if he subs it out to me at first do you think it could benifit me or hurt me..remember I'm very new and never did anything like this but always wanted to.also the 7800 may just be a 5 day run.it I did a saturday like I plan on I could pull a 10000 week.
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4104 Jul 16, 2013
greennax wrote:
Thanks guys.thanks a lot!now I have a much better insight on how that works.if he subs it out to me at first do you think it could benifit me or hurt me..remember I'm very new and never did anything like this but always wanted to.also the 7800 may just be a 5 day run.it I did a saturday like I plan on I could pull a 10000 week.
Former Utz IBO is giving great advice..I totally agree with everything said. I will add one more thing...always remember... a seller will make EVERYTHING sound so good no matter what your buying..don't forget...buyer BEWARE!! I do fine as an IBO but know what you are buying and committing to before signing on the dotted line.
Canthandle

United States

#4106 Jul 16, 2013
All I can tell you is run! I was a newbie 6 months ago. Grew sales, did what I had to to make it profitable and made some money doing it. Problem is, it doesn't take long to realize that there isn't a long term plan with this company . They screw up settlement checks which takes weeks to resolve, run out of product, force cross docks on you at wal mart and pretty much lie through their teeth with anything they say to you. I realized this, found a buyer, left s&l and bam they stil figure out a way to bleed you. Botched the paperwork ony buyer....turned around and forcefully bought the route for about $14k less than what they sold it to me for , and sent me the bill for $13k. It's not a terrible job, it's the unfair practices of the company. Read that contract in depth....you are giving up your right to any legal representation which means they can "f" u however they see fit and it's going to cost you legal fees to try and fight them. I'm am currently consulting a lawyer to try and fix this mistake that I made signing the dotted line. This company is all about a buck and they will stand in the iBo's back to get there. My 2 cents
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4107 Jul 16, 2013
greennax wrote:
Offer 10 to 1 are chain accounts only. Cash accounts have no value.He will tell you how much money he makes a on cash stops, but your business will be driven by chain customers. It sounds like you want to do this, which thousands of people do, but do not overpayy because you think you can grow this by 20% overnight. Slow sustainable growth is what you want, not unsustainable spike growth.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4108 Jul 16, 2013
GREENAX. If you really want to learn this business, go to work go frito lay.Then you will understand and appreciate the benefits if being an IBO.Don't sacrifice your family and livelyhood because you think you can do better than the last guy. His job is currently to sell his route.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4109 Jul 16, 2013
FYI. SL has always treated me fair.
Not ok

Lumberton, TX

#4110 Jul 16, 2013
I'm asking 69k for my route. I want to know if it's about right. 3 Walmarts a target and 5 other grocery stores. As well as 8 charge c stores and 12 cash c stores. I'm averaging over 6000 a week without trying or pushing displays/promos. Comes with truck. $60 week In gas. Bin route.
snackman

Newville, PA

#4111 Jul 17, 2013
Not ok wrote:
I'm asking 69k for my route. I want to know if it's about right. 3 Walmarts a target and 5 other grocery stores. As well as 8 charge c stores and 12 cash c stores. I'm averaging over 6000 a week without trying or pushing displays/promos. Comes with truck.$60 week In gas. Bin route.
Your route sucks if that's all you run is 6000 with 3 walmarts and 5 other grocery stores.

United States

#4112 Jul 17, 2013
What if I try to partner with the seller?he will sub out the route to me and pay me a flat rate every week?then when the route is paid for I can get a substantial raise from him and he can still make money by doing minimal work.he has 4 grocery and good ones also a target.among cash stops I think its a good route,but from the insight you good ibos are telling me its way to high.if I can get this to a 12:1 will be better.I want to do this I don't want to kick my slef later
Not ok

Lumberton, TX

#4113 Jul 17, 2013
Well I shoulda explained a Lil more. 6000 without promo allowances (700-800 aweek) and cash collected(avg600 a week) I am also not a salesman but I do take care of my stores. If a good salesman had this territory they could do a lot more.
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#4114 Jul 17, 2013
Not ok wrote:
Well I shoulda explained a Lil more. 6000 without promo allowances (700-800 aweek) and cash collected(avg600 a week) I am also not a salesman but I do take care of my stores. If a good salesman had this territory they could do a lot more.
Not trying to rag on you, but to say you're a good salesman in one sentence, then say if a good salesman came in he could do more than you doesn't sound good for you. It seems you do the bare minimum. I'm not saying go out to your stores everyday and maximize. You're the kind of seller I would like to buy from.

The asking price is what you can get for your route. Pre merger the Snyders routes were selling for 20:1 in this area. Then post merger mgmt suggests the routes should go for 18:1. Idiots. The product line IBO's own now has grown and now the routes are worth less? Mgmt are a bunch of controlled dumbasses. If you can get a buyer to purchase your route for 20:1 then that's the market. No different than selling your house. Your house/route is worth what someone will pay for it. Here is where you should use your sales skills to sell your route. You get one chance to make an impression.
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#4115 Jul 17, 2013
greennax wrote:
What if I try to partner with the seller?he will sub out the route to me and pay me a flat rate every week?then when the route is paid for I can get a substantial raise from him and he can still make money by doing minimal work.he has 4 grocery and good ones also a target.among cash stops I think its a good route,but from the insight you good ibos are telling me its way to high.if I can get this to a 12:1 will be better.I want to do this I don't want to kick my slef later

As an IBO I would never pay a flat fee to run my route. There's no incentive for you to work. I would pay you commission. The more you sell the more your check will be.

And I would think the seller wants to get out completely cause he's had enough of S-L tactics. Or maybe he just needs the money.

Best scenerio for you is to work for a IBO as an EMPLOYEE and learn the process and actually see what goes on in the warehouse and how mgmt works. You will be enlightened to the things that go on behind the scenes.

United States

#4116 Jul 17, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>..........
As an IBO I would never pay a flat fee to run my route. There's no incentive for you to work. I would pay you commission. The more you sell the more your check will be.
And I would think the seller wants to get out completely cause he's had enough of S-L tactics. Or maybe he just needs the money.
Best scenerio for you is to work for a IBO as an EMPLOYEE and learn the process and actually see what goes on in the warehouse and how mgmt works. You will be enlightened to tyouyhe things that go on behind the scenes.
your 3rd paragraph is what I'm leaning towards but only as a sub contractor not an employee.as for your first paragraph he just might let me do it because he wants to start his own biz.how is what I'm sugesting sound?
chipladyTX

Wildwood, FL

#4117 Jul 17, 2013
how do you figure out how to making a good offer for a route?
Lets say the route does 400K a year. No vehicle included.
Has 3 grocery store stops that accounts for 90% of the route sales
has another 7 accounts ( small mom and pop and c stores) accounting for 10%.
Estimates $250 week expenses. The route is a Chip company,

What would be a good cash offer?

United States

#4118 Jul 17, 2013
cookieman wrote:
<quoted text>Offer 10 to 1 are chain accounts only. Cash accounts have no value.He will tell you how much money he makes a on cash stops, but your business will be driven by chain customers. It sounds like you want to do this, which thousands of people do, but do not overpayy because you think you can grow this by 20% overnight. Slow sustainable growth is what you want, not unsustainable spike growth.
spot on from you!thanks brother.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4120 Jul 17, 2013
chipladyTX wrote:
how do you figure out how to making a good offer for a route?
Lets say the route does 400K a year. No vehicle included.
Has 3 grocery store stops that accounts for 90% of the route sales
has another 7 accounts ( small mom and pop and c stores) accounting for 10%.
Estimates $250 week expenses. The route is a Chip company,
What would be a good cash offer?
400000x .90=36000052 weeks=6933(avg weekly sales 8=$55384 cash offer
abc123

Hanover, PA

#4121 Jul 17, 2013
cookieman wrote:
<quoted text>400000x .90=36000052 weeks=6933(avg weekly sales 8=$55384 cash offer
Why a multiplier of 8? If you could buy for that..it would be great but I know of no route selling for a multiplier of 8?
discouraged

Jacksonville, FL

#4122 Jul 17, 2013
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>Why a multiplier of 8? If you could buy for that..it would be great but I know of no route selling for a multiplier of 8?
8 is not a realistic number. I have seen them going for as high as 20 to 1. Whatever the market will bear !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ronald McDonald 51,530
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance