Comments
3,881 - 3,900 of 5,426 Comments Last updated Thursday
Pretzel

Marietta, OH

#4058 Jul 9, 2013
Just learned my bin route will be getting my delivery drop on Thursday instead of Tuesday. Anyone else get product on Thursday and how do you clear settlements?
Not ok

Lumberton, TX

#4060 Jul 9, 2013
We order on Tues or Wed. Load comes in on Thurs but not charged until the next week.
Pretzel

Pittsburgh, PA

#4061 Jul 9, 2013
Not ok wrote:
We order on Tues or Wed. Load comes in on Thurs but not charged until the next week.
thats the same setup we have. You find it easy to clear settlements?
NO Zone

Duluth, GA

#4062 Jul 9, 2013
Thursday delivery sucks! You will basically have to front the money for a load instead of using one load to pay for another.
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4063 Jul 9, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>why I'm young enough..I know it aint going to be easy just concerned about the pay,not the work itself
have you ever done anything like this before?

Since: Jul 13

United States

#4065 Jul 10, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>have you ever done anything like this before?
no sir.however I would have a mentor if I decided to do it.
gracious

Port Richey, FL

#4066 Jul 10, 2013
Wilson Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
But 10% what
10% on 11-1 or 13-1
It sure is not 10% down on what the IO is asking because in Florida some are asking 30-1
I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
Penis Von Lesbian

Jefferson, MD

#4067 Jul 10, 2013
gracious wrote:
<quoted text>I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
Watch it there is one I saw for sale in Florida, that was around 180,000. The guy bought it for a family member, and has only had it a couple of months, my guess is he is trying to recoup everything, be careful.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4068 Jul 10, 2013
gracious wrote:
<quoted text>I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
I would not pay more than what SL would finance. Period
UcanDoIt

Cocoa Beach, FL

#4069 Jul 10, 2013
greennax wrote:
Hi everyone..Im thinking about buying a local route and the man who runs it now seems to be sucessful with a solid route.I have never been in this buisness before so i would have alot to learn.I want to get other insight(from many of you)about what im about to take on here for the rest of my life.I know its not all peaches n cream and i have read a ton of negative posts and horror stories about these routes and payouts and the like.I know im capeable of doing this and the man said he nets 51k a year with all expenses and taxes.im starting to do reasearch and study.I thank you all in advance for the input and ill see you guys n gals around..
There are way to many variables to tell you if you are buying a route worth the money you are spending.....Is it just grocery stores or wal marts and c stores? how much money do you need to put down...how much are you financing?? whats the routes average sales...how long has the seller been on the route.......etc....etc....etc. ..

couple points to help you....you are buying a job, SO everything will not be rainbows and butterflies like some guys on here want it to be...EVERY company that has route drivers or salesmen is actively trying to cut their pay in someway if not cut your job(if you are actually an employee)....so get used to it and control what you can control.....And generally speaking if you are a people person, good with forecasting sales, provide the stores with great service, dealing with bumps in the road, and have some working capital (cause starting a route and continuing to run cost money)....you can have success and make a good amount of money owning a snyders/lance route....

But note that you can seriously overpay for a route that is not worth it and bankrupt yourself fast....SO do twice as much research on the route then you think you should....
Dce

Virginia Beach, VA

#4070 Jul 10, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>no sir.however I would have a mentor if I decided to do it.
what does the mentor know about the business because being successful at this is less about being a good salesman and more about managing your business
Canthandle

United States

#4071 Jul 11, 2013
Has anyone walked away or sold a route ? What happens with any money owed to s&l ? I took a job offer and had my route set to sell to a new buyer. Long story short, s&l dragged their feet on the paperwork even though the buyer had signed letter of intent, etc. they took their time and them they forcefully bought the route back last month and sent me a bill for $13k. The buyer that I had lined up was going to pay enough for the route so that I could walk away even. I'm thinking its lawyer time, but anyone have any suggestions? I'm not giving these guys a dime .
snackman

Newville, PA

#4072 Jul 11, 2013
Canthandle wrote:
Has anyone walked away or sold a route ? What happens with any money owed to s&l ? I took a job offer and had my route set to sell to a new buyer. Long story short, s&l dragged their feet on the paperwork even though the buyer had signed letter of intent, etc. they took their time and them they forcefully bought the route back last month and sent me a bill for $13k. The buyer that I had lined up was going to pay enough for the route so that I could walk away even. I'm thinking its lawyer time, but anyone have any suggestions? I'm not giving these guys a dime .
Get a lawyer they are all crooks they only care about the company period......
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4073 Jul 11, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>no sir.however I would have a mentor if I decided to do it.
do you have grocery store experience?

United States

#4074 Jul 11, 2013
UcanDoIt wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way to many variables to tell you if you are buying a route worth the money you are spending.....Is it just grocery stores or wal marts and c stores? how much money do you need to put down...how much are you financing?? whats the routes average sales...how long has the seller been on the route.......etc....etc....etc. ..
couple points to help you....you are buying a job, SO everything will not be rainbows and butterflies like some guys on here want it to be...EVERY company that has route drivers or salesmen is actively trying to cut their pay in someway if not cut your job(if you are actually an employee)....so get used to it and control what you can control.....And generally speaking if you are a people person, good with forecasting sales, provide the stores with great service, dealing with bumps in the road, and have some working capital (cause starting a route and continuing to run cost money)....you can have success and make a good amount of money owning a snyders/lance route....
But note that you can seriously overpay for a route that is not worth it and bankrupt yourself fast....SO do twice as much research on the route then you think you should....
thank you for the input.it is very much abliged.

United States

#4075 Jul 11, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>what does the mentor know about the business because being successful at this is less about being a good salesman and more about managing your business
he has spread sheets for everything he uses organization like I have never seen before.the mentor has been in the snack biz for 10 yrs.and he will sub it to me first so I can get my feet wet.he said he is willing to help me.guess he has to since his neck would still be on the line.I took a dry run with him.he services an upscale neighbor hood so I might be lucky.I have a ton to learn.but with being a rookie I will be forced to be careful about what goes on the truck and how I distribute it.

United States

#4076 Jul 11, 2013
cookieman wrote:
<quoted text>do you have grocery store experience?
I worked at one when I was a kid.last year I managed a 7_11.but I been a welder for 7 yrs dude lol!!I'm sick of getting burnt haha.
anon

Denver, NC

#4077 Jul 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="snacompany period......[/QUOTE]ckman "]<quoted text>Get a lawyer they are all crooks they only care about the

This is how they make their money. Its supposed to take thirty days to complete the process
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4078 Jul 12, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>I worked at one when I was a kid.last year I managed a 7_11.but I been a welder for 7 yrs dude lol!!I'm sick of getting burnt haha.
It can be good money. Make sure the route is a solid economic area. You are selling a premium priced line of products, if your customer base is driven by price; i.e. private label, promotion, it can lead to excessive stale losses. Make sure the valve of the route is fair and not inflated. I would not pay more than what SL would finance. I have been an independent distributor since 1997. I make good money, but it is a daily commitment week in week out year in year out. Thats both the beauty and the curse of this type of business. good luck! Again dont overpay for the route.

United States

#4079 Jul 13, 2013
cookieman wrote:
<quoted text>It can be good money. Make sure the route is a solid economic area. You are selling a premium priced line of products, if your customer base is driven by price; i.e. private label, promotion, it can lead to excessive stale losses. Make sure the valve of the route is fair and not inflated. I would not pay more than what SL would finance. I have been an independent distributor since 1997. I make good money, but it is a daily commitment week in week out year in year out. Thats both the beauty and the curse of this type of business. good luck! Again dont overpay for the route.
118,000 for the rotue.avg net 51,000 per year including c stops.upscale area and one grocery store in an semi urban part of town not many cape cods and pirates booty going here.but giant brand stuff is a huge seller there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Defends Mus... 3,924
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Our Community Org... 51,303
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••