Snyder's of Hanover
themidastouch

Hanover, PA

#4048 Jul 7, 2013
Go back to Wendys wrote:
<quoted text> they didn't make u sign them papers ..
papers?? contract?? Meetings are mandatory?? company employee??
Joe Shmoe

Bronx, NY

#4050 Jul 7, 2013
Question..I see a few people complain about direct shippers into your Walfarts or wherever else..

I never kill the direct shipments to my shelves, I never look for store manager to see where he will put direct shipment. I never pull out any stales or whatever from direct shipments.

I tell recieving that I have absolutely nothing to do with that product, I can't touch it since I did not bring it in, and its your problem. If they really give me crap, I say its not authorized in my handheld. If I'm not the one delivering it, I wont have anything to do with it. And you know something, if we did have the power to bring in a pallet of xtrafulls or something like that, I wouldn't do it. Storemanager might yank your stuff from the store 14 days later and you're stuck with 20 cases of paperweights.
just trying to get by

Atlanta, GA

#4052 Jul 8, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> it will nvr happen because the guys with good routes, wont rock the boat. All we have is the site that everyone will hide on instead of speaking up and working together
Utter bullshit. The most vocal people here and the other warehouses in our zone are the old timers that run 12-15k a week. Theyare the ones truly being screwed. Not only do they pay twice to three times what most pay in promotion sharing because when on sale they sell three times as much as the next route, but also have to hire help and have more expensive equipment.

Since: Jul 13

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#4054 Jul 9, 2013
Hi everyone..Im thinking about buying a local route and the man who runs it now seems to be sucessful with a solid route.I have never been in this buisness before so i would have alot to learn.I want to get other insight(from many of you)about what im about to take on here for the rest of my life.I know its not all peaches n cream and i have read a ton of negative posts and horror stories about these routes and payouts and the like.I know im capeable of doing this and the man said he nets 51k a year with all expenses and taxes.im starting to do reasearch and study.I thank you all in advance for the input and ill see you guys n gals around..
Old School Lance Man

Fayetteville, NC

#4055 Jul 9, 2013
greennax wrote:
Hi everyone..Im thinking about buying a local route and the man who runs it now seems to be sucessful with a solid route.I have never been in this buisness before so i would have alot to learn.I want to get other insight(from many of you)about what im about to take on here for the rest of my life.I know its not all peaches n cream and i have read a ton of negative posts and horror stories about these routes and payouts and the like.I know im capeable of doing this and the man said he nets 51k a year with all expenses and taxes.im starting to do reasearch and study.I thank you all in advance for the input and ill see you guys n gals around..
RUN FORREST RUN !!!!!!!!!!
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#4056 Jul 9, 2013
I would not want a route running 12-15. That is just stupid. 9-9500 run well is plenty. Anything over that you are inviting Snyders in to cut or add routes. Use your head a little guys.

United States

#4057 Jul 9, 2013
Old School Lance Man wrote:
<quoted text>
RUN FORREST RUN !!!!!!!!!!
why I'm young enough..I know it aint going to be easy just concerned about the pay,not the work itself
Pretzel

Marietta, OH

#4058 Jul 9, 2013
Just learned my bin route will be getting my delivery drop on Thursday instead of Tuesday. Anyone else get product on Thursday and how do you clear settlements?
Not ok

Beaumont, TX

#4060 Jul 9, 2013
We order on Tues or Wed. Load comes in on Thurs but not charged until the next week.
Pretzel

Pittsburgh, PA

#4061 Jul 9, 2013
Not ok wrote:
We order on Tues or Wed. Load comes in on Thurs but not charged until the next week.
thats the same setup we have. You find it easy to clear settlements?
NO Zone

Tucker, GA

#4062 Jul 9, 2013
Thursday delivery sucks! You will basically have to front the money for a load instead of using one load to pay for another.
Dce

Damascus, MD

#4063 Jul 9, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>why I'm young enough..I know it aint going to be easy just concerned about the pay,not the work itself
have you ever done anything like this before?

United States

#4065 Jul 10, 2013
Dce wrote:
<quoted text>have you ever done anything like this before?
no sir.however I would have a mentor if I decided to do it.
gracious

Port Richey, FL

#4066 Jul 10, 2013
Wilson Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
But 10% what
10% on 11-1 or 13-1
It sure is not 10% down on what the IO is asking because in Florida some are asking 30-1
I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
Penis Von Lesbian

Frederick, MD

#4067 Jul 10, 2013
gracious wrote:
<quoted text>I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
Watch it there is one I saw for sale in Florida, that was around 180,000. The guy bought it for a family member, and has only had it a couple of months, my guess is he is trying to recoup everything, be careful.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#4068 Jul 10, 2013
gracious wrote:
<quoted text>I was considering getting a route in Florida south of spring hill Florida.can you tell me is it a money maker to make me want to move.
I would not pay more than what SL would finance. Period
UcanDoIt

Cape Canaveral, FL

#4069 Jul 10, 2013
greennax wrote:
There are way to many variables to tell you if you are buying a route worth the money you are spending.....Is it just grocery stores or wal marts and c stores? how much money do you need to put down...how much are you financing?? whats the routes average sales...how long has the seller been on the route.......etc....etc....etc. ..

couple points to help you....you are buying a job, SO everything will not be rainbows and butterflies like some guys on here want it to be...EVERY company that has route drivers or salesmen is actively trying to cut their pay in someway if not cut your job(if you are actually an employee)....so get used to it and control what you can control.....And generally speaking if you are a people person, good with forecasting sales, provide the stores with great service, dealing with bumps in the road, and have some working capital (cause starting a route and continuing to run cost money)....you can have success and make a good amount of money owning a snyders/lance route....

But note that you can seriously overpay for a route that is not worth it and bankrupt yourself fast....SO do twice as much research on the route then you think you should....
Dce

Newport News, VA

#4070 Jul 10, 2013
greennax wrote:
<quoted text>no sir.however I would have a mentor if I decided to do it.
what does the mentor know about the business because being successful at this is less about being a good salesman and more about managing your business
Canthandle

United States

#4071 Jul 11, 2013
Has anyone walked away or sold a route ? What happens with any money owed to s&l ? I took a job offer and had my route set to sell to a new buyer. Long story short, s&l dragged their feet on the paperwork even though the buyer had signed letter of intent, etc. they took their time and them they forcefully bought the route back last month and sent me a bill for $13k. The buyer that I had lined up was going to pay enough for the route so that I could walk away even. I'm thinking its lawyer time, but anyone have any suggestions? I'm not giving these guys a dime .
snackman

New Bloomfield, PA

#4072 Jul 11, 2013
Canthandle wrote:
Has anyone walked away or sold a route ? What happens with any money owed to s&l ? I took a job offer and had my route set to sell to a new buyer. Long story short, s&l dragged their feet on the paperwork even though the buyer had signed letter of intent, etc. they took their time and them they forcefully bought the route back last month and sent me a bill for $13k. The buyer that I had lined up was going to pay enough for the route so that I could walk away even. I'm thinking its lawyer time, but anyone have any suggestions? I'm not giving these guys a dime .
Get a lawyer they are all crooks they only care about the company period......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages