Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

#3970 Jun 21, 2013
Has anybody been "made" to sell your accounts to put on a route???
Cold hard truth

United States

#3971 Jun 21, 2013
Snyder Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason Pepperidge Farm routes are gold and S-L routes are shit is because PF cant come in and make you sell your route or stores. If they do take your route they have to pay 125% of FMV. So their is some job security with PF. PF also doesn't make you pay for allowances. They pay off of what you take from Whse too. You take 5 grand in product from whse then you make 20%, 1000 bucks.
and u also pay 30-1 for pf Route ... The way to make money in this industry is to build your route and sell it off then build it again , 2 problems with Snyder routes though multiple is to low and the 7 percent they charge to split is a joke !
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3972 Jun 21, 2013
Cold hard truth wrote:
<quoted text> and u also pay 30-1 for pf Route ... The way to make money in this industry is to build your route and sell it off then build it again , 2 problems with Snyder routes though multiple is to low and the 7 percent they charge to split is a joke !
Different here for former Snyders IO's. We would only have to pay 5% for selling/splitting a route. It was in our contracts prior. Lance people got shafted. You have to pay 7%. If you have a BoA loan IBO's would have to pay 3% within the first year, 2% between 1-2 years, 1% from year 2-3, and after you've owned your route for more than 3 years all you have to do is pay the 7% selling fee. So you think S-L thought people would get out before 3 years without getting more money out of people? How smart is that? Your loan is with BoA and S-L get a piece of it if you sell your entire route. Routes are selling for the ratio around 18-20:1. The more people that know about S-l the less buyers out there.
Cold hard truth

United States

#3973 Jun 21, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
Different here for former Snyders IO's. We would only have to pay 5% for selling/splitting a route. It was in our contracts prior. Lance people got shafted. You have to pay 7%. If you have a BoA loan IBO's would have to pay 3% within the first year, 2% between 1-2 years, 1% from year 2-3, and after you've owned your route for more than 3 years all you have to do is pay the 7% selling fee. So you think S-L thought people would get out before 3 years without getting more money out of people? How smart is that? Your loan is with BoA and S-L get a piece of it if you sell your entire route. Routes are selling for the ratio around 18-20:1. The more people that know about S-l the less buyers out there.
hell I owned a different company route for 10 years and didn't pay anything when I sold the route , s-l just nickel and dimes u to death
snackman

Newville, PA

#3974 Jun 22, 2013
meeting was a waste of time. they think they gave us a lot . they were so excited at the meeting but the reality is they gave us 1%net but are giving back only 82% promo so we get 3/4 of a percent. Its something but im not impressed. They had a chase to do the right thing and failed in my opinion. we are still the lowest paid ibo's out there. They had a year and this is what they came up with. So sad to work with a company that thinks that little of the guys that drive their business.I will continue to run my so called business the way that I see fit. Because they do not care.
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

#3975 Jun 22, 2013
Snack man - you are completely right! The problem is that many of the IBO's in attendance were not at the first meeting when they said 19.5 percent. Yes, they could have made it right and they failed miserably! Marty is the current version of "Slick Willy" but when things start going south he hopefully will head to utz. Mike Rutter is all about himself. He did not hear anything. Dan Morgan? He confuses me. None of these guys even attempt to talk to IBO's so until these guys get really serious then it is what it is. When I see 19.5 then I will know they heard us! Plus when all these guys are making hundreds of thousands of dollars (and some millions - Carl, are you listening?) then how serious can you really take them?
pretzel boy

Fairport, NY

#3976 Jun 22, 2013
Take care of your customers and don't put up displays. When you do you only help the company and as we all see they don't care about you. You will lose some equity in your route but it will be just a few thousand. Is that worth it to bust your ass?Maybe if they see display activity go down they might make some positive changes. Or they will try and find a breach of contract and get rid of you. I have seen that happen over the years...toe the line or you will be bought out. Nice huh ?
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3977 Jun 23, 2013
Everyone needs to go out on Monday and sell all they can, go back to the warehouse and load extra heavy, KEEP THE STOCKHOLDERS HAPPY, they will take care of everything, lmfao

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3978 Jun 23, 2013
If your in a terrible part of whatever city your are in, there is nothing Snyders can it will do. If you think something is wrong and your DM is slacking, go above him. STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE A VOICE!if your route is terrible and you speak up, who cares if u think they'll conspire to fire you! If you kick ass in your major accts they won't have a prayer in court on your firing. It's a numbers thing. I have heard Dms say "we're not the IOs employes. True but they need our numbers and will eventually have to work for it besides doin resets and 100's of emails. Speak up, I have a great DM and wish everyone has the experience we are having. You sell$3-3.50 bags of pretzels, numbers shouldn't be an issue (unless you are inner city) then u have to cater to this c store craziness they r doin. Good luck all and get off this site and speak up! Only way we can get better

Location hidden

#3979 Jun 23, 2013
After the summer craziness , I will post a letter I will send to Dan Morgan and see if we can get a serious round table (with top salesman and a bottom salesman) from each business unit and really get the ball rolling on unty and brand success!! We aren't that far away. Maybe like 3-4 from each state and Snyders can have like 4 true town halls where they fly us out etc. if we are the 2nd biggest snack dist, we need to practice it. Large and small routes!
just trying to get by

Sevierville, TN

#3980 Jun 24, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
After the summer craziness , I will post a letter I will send to Dan Morgan and see if we can get a serious round table (with top salesman and a bottom salesman) from each business unit and really get the ball rolling on unty and brand success!! We aren't that far away. Maybe like 3-4 from each state and Snyders can have like 4 true town halls where they fly us out etc. if we are the 2nd biggest snack dist, we need to practice it. Large and small routes!
hahaha they were too damn cheap to even feed us a lousy Golden Corral lunch and you think they will fly us to NC? Hahahaha Like Steve Perry sings, "don't stop believing"......
Cold hard truth

United States

#3981 Jun 24, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha they were too damn cheap to even feed us a lousy Golden Corral lunch and you think they will fly us to NC? Hahahaha Like Steve Perry sings, "don't stop believing"......
they cant afford it ... Have to pay the board members 350 k per year !

Location hidden

#3982 Jun 24, 2013
They can afford it, and it doesn't have to be NC, I'll keep dreaming. Better than being a do nothing pessimistic whiner. If you sit there and do nothing, can u really complain
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3983 Jun 24, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
They can afford it, and it doesn't have to be NC, I'll keep dreaming. Better than being a do nothing pessimistic whiner. If you sit there and do nothing, can u really complain
Have it in Hanover, I am sure you will not have trouble finding volunteers.
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

#3984 Jun 25, 2013
Yes, Hanover has many 30 year veterans. Only trouble is that mr Rutter and Morgan DID NOT hear them. They only listened to the new IBO's (no offense). The veterans were ignored!
Tracey

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3986 Jun 26, 2013
I am looking at purchasing in Fl. I dont understand the difference in the distributors- S-L and IPO ? what is this? Seems like you guys are not happy with the company. What should I look out for?
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3987 Jun 27, 2013
We were told attendance was spetacular. That's what they wanted, and they got it. Attendance wasn't good in our barn. There was some verbal repercussions, but it is what it is lol.....
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3988 Jun 27, 2013
Tracey wrote:
I am looking at purchasing in Fl. I dont understand the difference in the distributors- S-L and IPO ? what is this? Seems like you guys are not happy with the company. What should I look out for?
S-L is the abbreviation for the company. Snyder-Lance.
I don't know what IPO is unless you're referring to the Initial Public Offering of the stock which isn't applicable. IBO stands for Independent Business Owner which is what you are when you purchase a route.

If I was to purchase a route I would go in to EVERY one of the chain stores and talk to the Manager, Grocery Manager and the receiver to find out how well the product does in the store and the general opinion of the company and the prior distributor. S-L will provide you with sales figures but do yourself a favor and research them as much as you can to be sure you're getting what you're paying for. Ideally you want to buy a route from an under achieving distributor. Improving on the weekly average at which you buy the route at is how you build equity in your business.
Snyders CEO

Jefferson, MD

#3989 Jun 27, 2013
What you all need to do is pull everything out of my warehouses, put it in the stores, and sell it. I have a wife, a misstress, and a girlfriend that I am supporting, come on guys,and girls, help me out, the stockholders are supporting you.
Pretzel boy

Fairport, NY

#3990 Jun 28, 2013
FORMER UTZ IBO wrote:
We were told attendance was spetacular. That's what they wanted, and they got it. Attendance wasn't good in our barn. There was some verbal repercussions, but it is what it is lol.....
Three IBO's out of 14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) 4 hr RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web