Middleburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I'm looking forward to trying this new system out. I really think I can make it work. I was hoping for a way to get more money in my pocket and here it is. Can't wait to get Rollin on it Thursday.
Look on the bright side

Middleburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Time to get out wrote:
This meeting was a joke. 17% incease to 18% but also raising the promo fees 1%. So if you run 10,000 a week, you made a extra 100.00. Then add the extra 10 in promo fees and you get a whopping 90 bucks in your check.
They wouldn't address why they are charging us for promo fees on partner brands when they get 100% of the promo dollars back.
When asked a question, the person giving meeting wouldn't address or answer anything unless it was in the presentation.
Thank-you greedy bastards for wasting more of my time with your BULLSHIT. We were served a shit sandwich then told it was prime rib which is a typical response from these assholes.
Everything can't be perfect. Stop whining and try it out. Work a little harder and the money will come

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Thats me a inner city route and have my poor 19 year old out there in the rain and snow and we struggle to make 5000.00 a week and weeks at a time have 300.00 in stales!!! And I have to look at this week after week and say sorry NO paycheck again!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

chipster13 wrote:
Thats me a inner city route and have my poor 19 year old out there in the rain and snow and we struggle to make 5000.00 a week and weeks at a time have 300.00 in stales!!! And I have to look at this week after week and say sorry NO paycheck again!!!
u doin yer best at mixing cases up...$300 wk sounds like an ordering prob. But then again inner city doesn't enjoy $3.49 bags of pretz. I feel for u if its not an ordering problem. You r the routes i would like to back up
Chip dude

Tver, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Did they raise the commish to 18 percent?
Snyder man

Middleburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

If you people spent as much energy growing your routes as you do bellyaching you'd all be rich.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Anyone here from Mass I had heard maybe a change with the 2 day deferment, had to watch my granddaughter today couldn't go to the meeting

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Yes my Stop&Shop is across the street from one of the biggest housing projects in New England and they sure are not eating that..O and it's not belly aching its being new to the buss. and trying to survive. This seems to be a nice venue to vent Mr.Sunshine if you don't like it why are you on here!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

You come up here, and stand out in 4 degree weather at 5am
for weeks at a time. Then you'll have something to say!
Southern snack lady

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> u guys didnt get a n increase in percentage . Stop trying to work everyone up
I with u getting all work up is not the right answer
Nor is boycott it simply this is the the system that has been implemented so u can either keep run your business and try to learn how to make it profitable or u can sell
But trying to included all the IBO's it not business since
the question u should be asking to those that have been successful to help teach the rest of us because we all are in this together like it or not
Most of us service stores that are contract and it only take one IBO to cause that contract to get cancel and that all of us .. So I am asking to those of I that has been successful step up and offer u personnel service to help train those who are struggling, willing and want to succeed
"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Sorry not trying to argue with anyone I'm glad I found this site it's very helpful and it helps to see I'm not alone here with my frustrations.
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

I will gladly accept any bone they throw our way but also not dumb enough to understand that the guys that got checks today took over routes and areas that had slugs on them before. The bonus program is set up so you increased your route and then they can add more routes thus benefitting the guys already getting rich while they rewind and expect it again. I agree with previous poster. Fill shelves, service your stores, careful on displays and don't make any big purchases and go into debt. The IBO playbook only works if there is sufficient compensation to make it worth your while. I didn't see that today. Like it was said "It isn't easy"!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

That is a great idea unfortunately no one has time to help us newbies.. And being a women too as you know it is a little harder in this buss. Just trying to build a business for my son. I feel bad cause he like's the work but sure has a bad taste for Synder's already
FORMER UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I'm LMFAO!!! Everyone of you so called business men who supposedly read and signed a contract are morons. There's probably more than one contract out there but we had around 30 pages. Every paragraph written was on the IBO. There was ONE paragraph which stated S-L will do their best to supply the IBY with product! That's it! So for you people out there who LISTENED to a S-L rep sell you on how great this company is are morons. I was lucky to pay off my new route when S-L bought the old one from us. I'm lucky all of you who are NOW paying allowances and paying for their inventory, we were already doing that from day one. I'm pissed alot of my personal friends got crap routes and are struggling. I don't pity the morons who say their business owners and read the contract and still signed on the dotted line. It clearly states EVERYTHING is on the IBO. If you didn't know you had to pay the promo fees etc then you're a bigger idiot for signing. And there were so many verterans out here saying don't go to the meetings cause all corporate cares about is attendence, you're an idiot for wasting your time.

Dan Morgan is rich cause he doesn't care that he started as an independent like all of you. He cares about greed and the coporate ladder. If we all lived in Anartica he would sell ice to his own mother to make a profit. So why wouldn't he take form you morons? The difference between IBO's and so called 9-5'ers? We paid for our stinking jobs. Who's smarter? The 9-5'ers who gets paid salary, 401K, paid vacations, benefits? Or us socalled business owners who say, "I own my own business. I work 7 days a week sometimes. Every expense is on me. I took a commission decrease from 19.5% down to 18%." Get with it. Until some one starts a committee it's all staus quo..........
Union

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

If the incentive program is true and set at 1%, the risk of running up your stale cost isn't worth the reward!!!! &#128078;&#128078; &#128078;guess they think we are all stupid!!
Southern snack lady

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

chipster13 wrote:
That is a great idea unfortunately no one has time to help us newbies.. And being a women too as you know it is a little harder in this buss. Just trying to build a business for my son. I feel bad cause he like's the work but sure has a bad taste for Synder's already
u are welcome to ask me anything that might help u I have been in the snacks business going on 27 years and there problaly nothing i I have not heard or seen I do not claim to have all the answer but I am willing to try to help any of u
Yes this is tough and like all of u I struggling week to wel just trying to make sure I make enough to cover expenses and my on salary to paid my personnel bills u not going to get rich hear but u can make a living
frustrated

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Just a thought...We all want our routes to grow..if u want to just fill shelves..I doubt u will get much growth by doing that...pushing promos...displays are the way to go! Example..I have a store that I have very limited space but average 1200.00 a week. I would be lucky to run 700.00 a week if I just filled shelves..so..500.00 a week in displays makes that store worth say 19200.00 compared to 11200.00..just imagine if u have say 7 stores and all of them together would be an extra 56,000.00 in equity based on those numbers. If equity isn't why u want to grow ur route maybe Uts, Frito Lay would be a better fit for u? Just remember, they have issues too. Snyders has a lot of issues and could help us ibo's if they chose too..however, its on us to take care of ourselves and grow our own routes. It would be nice to have their support and understanding but we all know they care about "their" stock price and that's it! Sure the incentive is a nice gesture and they wouldn't have to do it but for everyone that does make an extra 500, 1000 or whatever how much do u think snyders made if they are willing to give that to u? Again, just some thoughts but its up to us to make our business work just would be nice if s-l worked with us a little better! The one question is...why are Pepperidge routes going 40-1 and snyders routes go 15-21 to 1 depending where ur at? We need S-L support to make our routes more desirable to get to that level..Hopefully someone in S-L thinks about that...just imagine how that just might make the stock price even go higher?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

That would be a huge help is there a way to email you I can tell there are those who don't have the patience to hear my questions. It's ok if you can't
Cold hard truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> u guys didnt get a n increase in percentage . Stop trying to work everyone up
if you were making 17 percent u did ...
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Frustrated - agree with some of your points but not all. Obviously you haven't gotten hosed by Snyders Lance and you felt a Kum Ba Yah moment today but they just love your line of thinking. Many guys only have 3 or 4 supermarkets so not able to accomplish all those great things you are doing. Snyders "stole" 2.5 percent and "gave" 1 percent back. Still makes them a thief and not to be trusted in my book. They are not interested in the IBO. Only in themselves, the board, and shareholders. You my friend are way low on the list. Kum Ba yah???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr Jelly 51,280
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 12 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000