Cold hard truth

United States

#3887 Jun 19, 2013
discouraged wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are right on, but you didn't mention when you sell your route you will pay a processing fee, also when you sell off some stops. Clearly a money maker for S-L.
what other company charges to sell off stores or to sell your route ... Remember folks only been what 3 years since snyders paid out for a big lawsuit did you expect them to change ??

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3888 Jun 19, 2013
The problem is every area has some really good routes and those guys make great money and don't complain. And those of us with shitty routes get hung out to dry and there feeling is you don't like it sell your route and get out!!

Location hidden

#3889 Jun 19, 2013
Now how do you look someone in the eyes, sell a route to them knowing it won't make any money and they will work 60 hours a week for nothing. Anyone knows what happens if you just walk away obviously, they must sue you,but can't get money out of someone who has nothing right!!

Location hidden

#3890 Jun 19, 2013
chipster13 wrote:
The problem is every area has some really good routes and those guys make great money and don't complain. And those of us with shitty routes get hung out to dry and there feeling is you don't like it sell your route and get out!!
EXACTLY! I have a great route and work only 38-40 hrs . I focus on my big groc stores and my smaller grocery stores. I dropped every cash acct that doesn't do mre than 50 a wk with no more than a few bags of stales. Screw these lil stops that cost me 20-30 mins and i make $5 on. I keep mmy major stores cranking so they can nvr say im not growing my business in court. Im not spending and extra 5-8 hrs a wk for this c store nonsense. I suggest evryone do it too. Until our smaller routes get stale cap!!

Location hidden

#3891 Jun 19, 2013
When they came out with this c store crap, i was annomously emailing Dan Morgan telling him hes nuts that its a waste of time for us and nobody has time for $25 stops. That they should just have a c store team for the company, and asked for face to face. His response was he does not wanna hear bitching sessions and c stores are the way it's goin. I have a great route but want my smaller brothers to make money too. There is a guy in my warehouse who has all inner city stores with one good store and struggles to hit 5k in volume. We have to request a summit with Snyders and work with them. Cant make every warehouse happy but would be a hell of a stride.

Location hidden

#3892 Jun 19, 2013
And this rebate thing isn't a bad idea but its crazy to think that u can grow your route every qtr for yrs to come. I'd rather have a stale cap over a raise or allowance pickup. Then they would see aggressive sales numbers
the loyal ones Pa

Easton, PA

#3893 Jun 19, 2013
What we need to do is put this out to the public. Let them see how this company is ran. How it treats their IBO the backbone of their company.So lets pull together and get this out there via facebook, tweeter etc anyway that the public can see how this company rips off the IBO. A walk out by all divisions across the country may wake them up lets pull together and do a nationwide walk out . I am willing to set this up if all are willing to do this. We can get the media involved by letting them know nationwide SnyderHanover is having a walkout for the treatment of The IBO. They are making enough money on us hard workers as they sit back and make money doing not much of anything. We are the companies backbone not the fat.
Stand up for you rights! We have people not getting paychecks People cant live like that They have chikdren ,bills they are going bankrupt. But the shareholders are all getting their checks and can meet their bills. Lets pull together team!!!

Location hidden

#3894 Jun 19, 2013
the loyal ones Pa wrote:
What we need to do is put this out to the public. Let them see how this company is ran. How it treats their IBO the backbone of their company.So lets pull together and get this out there via facebook, tweeter etc anyway that the public can see how this company rips off the IBO. A walk out by all divisions across the country may wake them up lets pull together and do a nationwide walk out . I am willing to set this up if all are willing to do this. We can get the media involved by letting them know nationwide SnyderHanover is having a walkout for the treatment of The IBO. They are making enough money on us hard workers as they sit back and make money doing not much of anything. We are the companies backbone not the fat.
Stand up for you rights! We have people not getting paychecks People cant live like that They have chikdren ,bills they are going bankrupt. But the shareholders are all getting their checks and can meet their bills. Lets pull together team!!!
if you point it out to the public , they are gonna say the corporation makes all the money and the employees don't? Welcome to corp America, the issue is our investment is picked and picked to the point where we can't make money off it
over it

United States

#3895 Jun 19, 2013
BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> if you point it out to the public , they are gonna say the corporation makes all the money and the employees don't? Welcome to corp America, the issue is our investment is picked and picked to the point where we can't make money off it
I agree, but national negative attention ( if we can pull it off ) will hit em where it hurts ... Stock price. Let that start falling and they will have no choice but to try and stop the bleeding.
Eric

United States

#3896 Jun 19, 2013
I agree with comments just made. I can tell you thats our strategy and we're planning to execute it aggressively if they come with some BS today!!
If not more money margin: increase then the boycott is on big time!!!
Pretzel boy

Fairport, NY

#3897 Jun 19, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that leaves a production facility or warehouse is a guaranteed sell for the company. The equipment leased to us is a guaranteed payment and so is the route payment. They have zero skin in the game as we sell and guarantee their salaries. Some may call it a smart business model for shareholders. I call corporate greed and chicken shit. It truly is a one-sided partnership. Pay us on sales and we would all make money and increase total sales for the company. Why is that so difficult?
Because they are a bunch of greedy SOB's
Dill Chips

Tver, Russia

#3898 Jun 19, 2013
Guys, this incentive thing is a joke. It's more money for them, more stales for us. They want to "expand" by putting more stuff in garbage cash stops that produce nothing but stales. Oh well, I'll be sleeping during this meeting. At least we get free food
Pretzel boy

Fairport, NY

#3899 Jun 19, 2013
The way to make IBO's happy is to give back the PA's . There are IBO's that lose over 400.00 a week on PA's! Snyders is collecting over 1,000,000.00 a week on just the PA's they take from us! I have brought this issue up many times. What I was finally told, after much bullshitting by Snyder people, is that money goes towards advertising and POS materials and that it is NOT a topic for discussion. Bottom line guys is this , they line their pockets off of your hard work . They don't care that you struggle to make ends meet and if you don't like it then sell your business! Isn't that great communication!

So I say , go out and keep your store shelves filled and your customers happy. Don't bother with incremental displays, they do nothing but help the company and hurt your bottom line. You put in more hours, spend more on gas, wear and tear on your truck and at the end of promo you have to box up left over product. And you lose 19% on the promotional allowance. The company loses NOTHING!
why us

Helena, OH

#3900 Jun 19, 2013
Anyone tired of hearing the words patriot pretzels our warehouse ordered 24 pallets of them and now they can't get rid of them and want us the ibo to bail them out and get stuck paying for them
over it

United States

#3901 Jun 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
I agree with comments just made. I can tell you thats our strategy and we're planning to execute it aggressively if they come with some BS today!!
If not more money margin: increase then the boycott is on big time!!!
sounds good to me. Im going to this dumb ass meeting just to hear it first hand. And im telling every IO I do not know about this board too. More will follow if we stand up for ourselves as a united team.
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3902 Jun 19, 2013
why us wrote:
Anyone tired of hearing the words patriot pretzels our warehouse ordered 24 pallets of them and now they can't get rid of them and want us the ibo to bail them out and get stuck paying for them
Dont forget the ever popular, they are on sale in every account and the stores are asking for them, lmfao
Time to get out

Lawrenceville, GA

#3903 Jun 19, 2013
This meeting was a joke. 17% incease to 18% but also raising the promo fees 1%. So if you run 10,000 a week, you made a extra 100.00. Then add the extra 10 in promo fees and you get a whopping 90 bucks in your check.

They wouldn't address why they are charging us for promo fees on partner brands when they get 100% of the promo dollars back.

When asked a question, the person giving meeting wouldn't address or answer anything unless it was in the presentation.

Thank-you greedy bastards for wasting more of my time with your BULLSHIT. We were served a shit sandwich then told it was prime rib which is a typical response from these assholes.

Location hidden

#3904 Jun 19, 2013
over it wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, but national negative attention ( if we can pull it off ) will hit em where it hurts ... Stock price. Let that start falling and they will have no choice but to try and stop the bleeding.
you can't give a company with its highest stock price and record profit that they are doin something bad. Doesn't make sense. Pepperidge farms has a drivers association (not a lazy money hungry union). It doesn't do much for them but let's the drivers communicate and have a voice to corporate. What we want wont bankrupt Snyders or is asking alot! Just something that makes sense to do. They told us that the $35 wk they get from us was for pos paperwork use of warehouse,etc the interest from our routes should cover advertising etc . They look brilliant and we have egg on our face for agreeing on such a one sided deal
frustrated

Hanover, PA

#3905 Jun 19, 2013
Time to get out wrote:
This meeting was a joke. 17% incease to 18% but also raising the promo fees 1%. So if you run 10,000 a week, you made a extra 100.00. Then add the extra 10 in promo fees and you get a whopping 90 bucks in your check.
They wouldn't address why they are charging us for promo fees on partner brands when they get 100% of the promo dollars back.
When asked a question, the person giving meeting wouldn't address or answer anything unless it was in the presentation.
Thank-you greedy bastards for wasting more of my time with your BULLSHIT. We were served a shit sandwich then told it was prime rib which is a typical response from these assholes.
We had pizza and no raise...

Location hidden

#3906 Jun 19, 2013
Time to get out wrote:
u guys didnt get a n increase in percentage . Stop trying to work everyone up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web