Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

In the grand scheme of things, whatever the changes are being presented to us, my hope is that there is some positive. Rumors are rumors and people can trump up ideas. I still believe and trust my sources. But I think I will be happy if its a step in the right direction. It's obvious there are people here that have been burned and burned more than once. I'm sorry you have had to experience that. Just remember that your attitude in your job reflects in your work. Which will ultimately haunt you. If your truely unhappy, sell your route, give it back or whatever you need to do. Just do what makes you happy.
NO Zone

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea mister NO ZONE, come on up and buy my route that I built Truly independent in a rural area. By the way you don't have all the details. I have NO CONTRACT. So they really can do what they want to me. At least you have some protection. What is unfair to the people who bought routes from the company. If you build one you're gonna pay for it regardless. Try spending $14,000 a year in gas and travelling 800 miles a week. Mister NO ZONE should do a little research. And how is it stupid on s-l part? Its smart.
I spend at least that on gas and there is no protection!! I have people putting products in my accounts daily that I'm supposed to be protected against and they do nothing about it! Maybe you should do a little research yourself.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

unhappy ibo wrote:
In Atlanta ga they are writing up IBO;s for not going by there sets!
brought rt jan of 13 they have had $26,000 in out of stocks on my oders!!
but they have to take my business!
is anyone seeing this happen?
nvr sign a write up slip... Yer not an employee and cant be written up. Walmart doesn't write up customers if they don't tell em about the case of water on the bottom of the cart, or they they are rude. S-L says we are customers and we "shop" the warehouse. It hey prolly have a new contract they want us to sign, with a percentage increase
Jimmy Jo

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

NO Zone wrote:
If they would let the ibo make money instead of taking it all from them, then s-l would see less turnover, less time for routes down, and more sales.
Contract is a joke and I'm less than impressed with the company when it comes to taking care if their ibo. Truly independent distributors who didn't buy routes make a significantly higher commission. To me, that's not only stupid on s-l part but seems unfair to the people who invested money and bought routes from the company!
Is the Jackson dist. selling Snyders prezels or is it still GF there?
Chip dude

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Guys, I just talked with our warehouse manager and he said the meeting was about "the way we get paid" there you have it. Nothing special
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

It's not going to be money. Amber James sent out email to attend. I agree that they will probably pay us on sales now. That wasn't a problem for me. I want the 19.5 we were promised. Anything short of that is still a lie. As far as being wrote up? Compliance is the new buzz word. You will be hearing that word a lot in the future.
Stiff Peter

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, whatever the changes are being presented to us, my hope is that there is some positive. Rumors are rumors and people can trump up ideas. I still believe and trust my sources. But I think I will be happy if its a step in the right direction. It's obvious there are people here that have been burned and burned more than once. I'm sorry you have had to experience that. Just remember that your attitude in your job reflects in your work. Which will ultimately haunt you. If your truely unhappy, sell your route, give it back or whatever you need to do. Just do what makes you happy.
Thank you Mr Rogers ! Let's all eat jelly beans and sing if your happy and you know it clap your hands ..
Chip dude

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Personally, I've never had a problem getting a paycheck by managing truck inventory. Pretty easy if you know what sells in your stores and how much extra you need for big sales. If this is all the meeting is about, it's pretty lame.
Canthandle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

I really hope things turn for the better for everyone. I tried to sell my route back in march, had a buyer ....took over as soon as I left. The new buyer signed all the paperwork and all we had to do was wait on soh. Well here is the end of June and snyders has delayed to eat away at whatever equity I had built in this route. These people are a joke....no one at accounting will answer calls, they can't give you an answer , they're all about well let me check with "someone". It could be a great operation , but until they get they s@&$ together it's not gonna happen.
snacktime

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

NO Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend at least that on gas and there is no protection!! I have people putting products in my accounts daily that I'm supposed to be protected against and they do nothing about it! Maybe you should do a little research yourself.
And what do you have nothing? get out before you go bankrupt, go! run quick before the ozone layer dissipates!
NO Zone

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

snacktime wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you have nothing? get out before you go bankrupt, go! run quick before the ozone layer dissipates!
Ha! Sounds like you should. We have no more than you do. But of course you know everything.
pretzel boy

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
I now have 3 different managers all of whom I trust tell me that the changes that were getting benefit the ibos and that they are much needed.
You are wacky tattoo ! Your managers would not tell you a thing regarding the "meeting"
pretzel boy

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

BfloPretzKing wrote:
<quoted text> nvr sign a write up slip... Yer not an employee and cant be written up. Walmart doesn't write up customers if they don't tell em about the case of water on the bottom of the cart, or they they are rude. S-L says we are customers and we "shop" the warehouse. It hey prolly have a new contract they want us to sign, with a percentage increase
More like a new contract with a margin decrease....Guys ! You do know that nothing that Snyders does is beneficial to the IBO's...its all about making more money for the company at the expense of the IBO....when they tell you otherwise they are just blowing smoke up your ass. WAKE UP !!! Don't go the meeting!!Let them talk to the four walls !
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Happy Fathers Day, think about the things that matter,
done with it

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

This company is a joke. I am embarrassed to tell people who I distribute for. I usually just say that I have a snack route. When it comes out that its with Snyders/Lance the first comment is "lance used to be such a good company....what happened?" As for the meeting I have no intention of going as it will be a waste of my time. They can talk to an empty room for all I care.
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

done with it wrote:
This company is a joke. I am embarrassed to tell people who I distribute for. I usually just say that I have a snack route. When it comes out that its with Snyders/Lance the first comment is "lance used to be such a good company....what happened?" As for the meeting I have no intention of going as it will be a waste of my time. They can talk to an empty room for all I care.
Go work for Mission, if you are that unhappy, you will sell a shitload of taco shells in south Florida.
ghetto chee

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
It's not going to be money. Amber James sent out email to attend. I agree that they will probably pay us on sales now. That wasn't a problem for me. I want the 19.5 we were promised. Anything short of that is still a lie. As far as being wrote up? Compliance is the new buzz word. You will be hearing that word a lot in the future.
Yeah, and make the 19.5 retro ative! but I think your right gonna hear the word compliance more than the word MONEY
jimmy jo

Magee, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Stiff Peter

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

jimmy jo wrote:
http://www.bizjournals.com/cha rlotte/subscriber-only/2013/06 /14/snyders-lance-tops-list-of -public.html
If this don't piss you off nothing will ., better be upping our industry low comish this week !
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Our DM was asking everyone if they were coming to meeting. He didn't seem to upset when guys were telling him no which tells me nothing major is changing. A bonus??? Yea, increase over last year means route cut this year. DM's do know what's going on in meeting though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 hr John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 20 hr bobby6464 3,826
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE