Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

IBOs beware! One of our IBOs passed away unexpectly this week!.......not married with young children......SnydersLance reaction......they are working overtime with their legal department to repossess the route as soon as possible! Has a girlfriend,mother of the children, who should receive something money wise for the route on behalf of the children. Route is current on balance and route payment is only $50.00 a week!

I personally am married with children but will this weekend be addressing my route in a will! Since its a LLC it will not go to my heirs! Please be aware and not let them take your route back in the future if this were to happen to you!

The greed with this company is just shameful!
whadda joke

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Thanks with info about the meeting - I'm sure that they will say if you want more money sell more product. It's ashamed that they took everyting from us, now making a huge profit for company, and not willing to give anything back. If there's one thing I learned over the years about Snyder's is that they don't care at all about route salemen. Mike Warehime himself said this years ago and I am sure everyone else in his circle believes it too. I'd love to see any of them last one week on a route - it would be laughable.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

whadda joke wrote:
Thanks with info about the meeting - I'm sure that they will say if you want more money sell more product. It's ashamed that they took everyting from us, now making a huge profit for company, and not willing to give anything back. If there's one thing I learned over the years about Snyder's is that they don't care at all about route salemen. Mike Warehime himself said this years ago and I am sure everyone else in his circle believes it too. I'd love to see any of them last one week on a route - it would be laughable.
Unfortunatly the above statement is so true....
Long time Lance Man

Northampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

I used to work for Lance. I now work for Mission. I was in my walmart the other day and saw 1 pallet of lance crackers and 1 pallet of Snyder pretzels sitting in the back room that walmart pulled of the floor. I LAUGHED all the way back to my truck. It is a shame the way Snyder's destroyed the lance company. Lance was always good to me to work for.
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Long time Lance Man wrote:
I used to work for Lance. I now work for Mission. I was in my walmart the other day and saw 1 pallet of lance crackers and 1 pallet of Snyder pretzels sitting in the back room that walmart pulled of the floor. I LAUGHED all the way back to my truck. It is a shame the way Snyder's destroyed the lance company. Lance was always good to me to work for.
About as hard as I laughed when the Mission guy had to stale 1100 out of a Walmart, you are one disgruntled SOB, just because you sir were not OFFERED a route, laugh all you want, you have 3 times the area and make less
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

HHHMMM....Northeast Snackman is true to fact. I agree in a sense, we do pay to work. However, I know if I take care of my stores...my route is mine and will provide me an income. We do sacrifice a lot such as 401k, vacations, etc but at least we are employed unlike so many. I do feel Snyders screws us over in many areas putting all the responsibilities on the ibo's. My biggest complaint would probably be paying promo allowances since we have no input in negotiating prices. There are many things I disagree with but like the Snackman stated...I doubt changes will happen to increase our pay any time soon!! Just a side note...Ever wonder why we pay a weekly route note and snyders pays it once a month...just think how much interest we would save if note was paid bi-weekly like a mortgage!!! Attorneys find things like that very interesting :)
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

123abc wrote:
HHHMMM....Northeast Snackman is true to fact. I agree in a sense, we do pay to work. However, I know if I take care of my stores...my route is mine and will provide me an income. We do sacrifice a lot such as 401k, vacations, etc but at least we are employed unlike so many. I do feel Snyders screws us over in many areas putting all the responsibilities on the ibo's. My biggest complaint would probably be paying promo allowances since we have no input in negotiating prices. There are many things I disagree with but like the Snackman stated...I doubt changes will happen to increase our pay any time soon!! Just a side note...Ever wonder why we pay a weekly route note and snyders pays it once a month...just think how much interest we would save if note was paid bi-weekly like a mortgage!!! Attorneys find things like that very interesting :)
You accept sacrificing retirement plans and vacations. Did it ever dawn on you for a second that S-L should be compensating you enough to pay for those things? Your worker mentality is what they count on. Wake up. You're being played for a low level, menial worker fool.
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Clocker...I may be many things but a fool...hmmm..I suppose we ALL sacrifice many things when we signed the contract...however, I could think of many other occupations that I'm happy I'm not doing. What value would you place on vacations and retirement in dollars. I know many people that have lost all that after years of loyalty and effort to the corporate world. As stated, Snyders does screw us in many ways but so do most corporations in todays world. I'm not saying Snyders is perfect by no means and neither am I. We all have opinions...don't we? So, if your an IBO, you must be a low level fool as well and if not... why not enlighten all of us so we can achieve your status in life as well??

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Long time Lance Man wrote:
Mission is a joke of a company! SL looks like the perfect company compared to Mission Foods. I had a Mission route for 6 months, while I ran a SL route. Huge stales with Mission, direct ship chips sitting in the backroom of one WalMart (5 pallets in one WM) and I had to deal with and the stales!Pay is much harder to figure out than SL. I lost to much money with Mission.....couldn't even sell the route for $8K!!! LOL serious. Had to give it back! The grass is not always greener on the other side!
SL has A LONG way to go to even be a slightly good company....but, it could be worse!
Pretzel Man

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

If Snyders receives 81% from partner brands and only reimburses us for 81% on the dollar then they are losing nothing , the IBO is getting the shaft on this.Make sense ? For every dollar given out by Snyders on partner brands they receive 81% of the dollar back. We cover the other 19%. Why wouldn't they at least split the 19 %??
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

123abc wrote:
Clocker...I may be many things but a fool...hmmm..I suppose we ALL sacrifice many things when we signed the contract...however, I could think of many other occupations that I'm happy I'm not doing. What value would you place on vacations and retirement in dollars. I know many people that have lost all that after years of loyalty and effort to the corporate world. As stated, Snyders does screw us in many ways but so do most corporations in todays world. I'm not saying Snyders is perfect by no means and neither am I. We all have opinions...don't we? So, if your an IBO, you must be a low level fool as well and if not... why not enlighten all of us so we can achieve your status in life as well??
First of all I said S-L was playing you and all of the IBO's as menial worker fools. I didn't call you or any other IBO a fool so get over it. I was an IBO for Snyders and tried to sell my route about 7 months before the merger. They wouldn't let me and didn't offer me a S-L route despite having the highest route average and frequency of service rating in our depot. What gets me is the acceptance you and others have. "Things could be worse, We could be out of a job,etc". Well the homeless bum on the park bench can say things could be worse too. He could be dead. These companies have shirked their responsibilities to the workers that make them successful and have set the margins so low about 90% of the IBO's are just getting by. You should be able to afford to take a vacation, you should be able to afford a retirement plan. Those things were always included before the companies got the bright idea to pass all those expenses on to you. So what I'm saying to all the IBo's is tog row a spine and fight these bastards. Organize, hire a law firm, negotiate a new contract. Go public, use social media do what it takes to make them pay you fairly. You can only get to my happy place in life by growing old. I was 61 when they bought me out and I'm happy as a pig in shit living the retired life.
Bob barker

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Pretzel Man wrote:
If Snyders receives 81% from partner brands and only reimburses us for 81% on the dollar then they are losing nothing , the IBO is getting the shaft on this.Make sense ? For every dollar given out by Snyders on partner brands they receive 81% of the dollar back. We cover the other 19%. Why wouldn't they at least split the 19 %??
Thats the way they do business , You would have thought they would have learned after paying all that money to settle last lawsuit ...
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Anyone else think it's a bunch of shit that warehouses were closed yesterday. I'm a bin route which means I won't be getting product till sometime tomorrow. Wtf. Little debbie got their product yesterday so did frito. Number 2 snack company my ass
Former UTZ IBO

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Patriot Snacks to Snyders to S-L is the only place where people have taken decreases in pay. No other industry that I know have had ever taken a cut in pay. 20% down to 19.5% now to 18%. Companies have hiring freeze and raise freezes all the time. But never a decrease in pay. Even all the salesmen out there don't have their commissions decreased like S-L. None of that will change. Please stop asking and talking about getting 100% billbacks, or getting 20& across the board for commission. It's not going to happen, so why get upset over it? Suggest things that will make a difference, not cause more anger.

Like stated previously not showing up for meeting, especially when suits are there is a huge statememnt. When you don't go to them, they will come to you. That's what they used to do. They stopped cause not it's more one on one and they don't like to hear all the problems. Like cockaraoches they are stronger in numbers in the meetings. Easier for them to say, "See me after the meeting, we'll talk then." Then they blow you off and you're left pissed off even more. Just stating facts..........
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
Anyone else think it's a bunch of shit that warehouses were closed yesterday. I'm a bin route which means I won't be getting product till sometime tomorrow. Wtf. Little debbie got their product yesterday so did frito. Number 2 snack company my ass
Snyders employees work so hard that they need that day to rest up!!! Come on now!!
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Former UTZ IBO wrote:
Patriot Snacks to Snyders to S-L is the only place where people have taken decreases in pay. No other industry that I know have had ever taken a cut in pay. 20% down to 19.5% now to 18%. Companies have hiring freeze and raise freezes all the time. But never a decrease in pay. Even all the salesmen out there don't have their commissions decreased like S-L. None of that will change. Please stop asking and talking about getting 100% billbacks, or getting 20& across the board for commission. It's not going to happen, so why get upset over it? Suggest things that will make a difference, not cause more anger.
Like stated previously not showing up for meeting, especially when suits are there is a huge statememnt. When you don't go to them, they will come to you. That's what they used to do. They stopped cause not it's more one on one and they don't like to hear all the problems. Like cockaraoches they are stronger in numbers in the meetings. Easier for them to say, "See me after the meeting, we'll talk then." Then they blow you off and you're left pissed off even more. Just stating facts..........
Agreed, I'm personally done with the meetings....nothing gets resolved. Just a cheer leading session to let us know how great Snyders is!
Tattooed pretzel

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Got my letter of invite for meeting. Margin updates, leveraging new programs, making more money and building equity. Those are the topics being presented.
ibo sucker

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
Got my letter of invite for meeting. Margin updates, leveraging new programs, making more money and building equity. Those are the topics being presented.
did it come through the mail or through your district mgr ? I did hear something about making more money..( rumor) that we would have not to pay for the promotion allowance...
Tattooed pretzel

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

ibo sucker wrote:
<quoted text>did it come through the mail or through your district mgr ? I did hear something about making more money..( rumor) that we would have not to pay for the promotion allowance...
Came in my settlement sheets last week. June 19th 1pm is the date and time
Bob barker

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

ibo sucker wrote:
<quoted text>did it come through the mail or through your district mgr ? I did hear something about making more money..( rumor) that we would have not to pay for the promotion allowance...
with these clowns I am sure it some kind of catch , Like no promo allowance on something we can't give away ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,501 - 3,520 of5,096
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 min D Cheney 51,328
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Fri Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE